teaser six

「The Secrets of Luminaria」

Teaser Six

    

 

A girl walks down the brick pathways of her university. Students and teachers gawk at her, still having not been used to her overdressing. Black, heeled lace-up boots, that give her an amount of height, take their place on her small feet. A professional blazer sat on top of a simple white dress, and her black tights were almost solid on her legs. A black purse also made an appearance in her ensemble.

She played a smirk on her face, and she slightly tossed her hair away with the back of her hand. Her attire made anyone ask, "Is she even comfortable?"

She really wasn't comfortable at all in what she wore, but comfort didn't matter to her in the slightest. She cared only of her appearance in that case. She was a girl of arrogance and beauty, and her personality was the resemblance of pure royalty. 

The girl was the type who was constantly strict on herself and wanted the best for her. She had high grades and she spoke several languages other than Lumina due to her hard study. 

The extremely familiar voice of her best friend called out to her. Her smile widened as she turned around to see a tall, skinny boy walking towards her with a feminine pattern. This boy was the typical "gay best friend" though he never mentioned his ual orientation; not that it mattered.

Once completely approached, she held onto his arm, and they walked through the door of the largest of the lecturing halls.

"This is where we separate~ I'll see you later for lunch." The boy said.

"Alright. Spaghetti, right?" The girl queried a little too excitedly making the boy chuckle.

"Of course."

The girl clapped whilst jumping up and down. This was a side of her that no one has really seen before, with the exception of her best friend. The pair quickly bidded each other a goodbye, and they went their separate ways to their lectures.

"Ah, you're just on time, Queeny." Her seat mate announced to her. 'Queeny' rolled her eyes slightly before taking her seat to the left of the boy. For the next hour, the girl's mind was barely set on the things that her professor would say about the subject; for this matter, the subject was philosophy.

She had already learned this lesson and was uninterested in learning it all again. A sigh released from as she bent over to dig into her purse and took out a book which was at least 400 pages, and a silver metal bookmark was sitting between the pages in the middle of the novel.

The book was already her second book of the day. For the rest of the long period, she continued on to her book about a Japanese peasant girl who was taken from her home and sold into slavery to a renowned geisha house where she would live her life as one. The book was called, Memoirs of a Geisha. 

The girl had remembered how curious she was when she first spotted the book, and even now, she loved the book so much.

Hours had passed, lectures gone by, books have been completed, her lunch appointment with her best friend fulfilled. She entered her lonely apartment. Her heels were now off, and feelings of relief spread throughout her feet and legs.

The girl's height was much shorter than she previously was. Her height was the one thing that made her figuratively stand out when she was younger and living in the hell-like place under her family's roof.

She was happy to have her own place where she could read books of alternative universes, stars, and galaxies without having to hear the disapproval of her parents.

She was happy to be her own person.

She was happy to be able to say she believes there is a new world above.

She was happy to be able to explore withour the consent of her parents.

But she was also sad because she would no longer be part of her own family due to her own beliefs that were thought to be unintelligent and radical. Her beliefs were unnecessary and nothing to them.

"You will never come back to this house." Her mother's angry voice popped into her head.

"Get out now, Eunghwa." This time, her father's voice was heard and a hand was pointed towards a door.

Eunghwa let a sigh out and carried on opening her book about space.

 


Author's Note

Heylo, everyone! It's been quite a while hasn't it? ;-; I've been busy with school lately I've been trying to update, but I never got the chance due to school...and some minor writer's block. Anyway, congratulations to kN42five! Woo~ One more girl to go~ See you later!