teaser seven

「The Secrets of Luminaria」

Teaser Seven

    

 

A girl wearing a black leather jacket over a grey tanktop and a white pair of pants stood in the middle of the corridor to the entrance of her home. A matching black bag hung from her arm, and she slipped her feet into her platformed boots after arranging a tasseled scarf around her neck and slid her hands into her gloves, all of the items being the same colour of black.

Her long hair was tied back into a simple bun and her skin resembled porcelain. She looked as if she were the quiet type. One who would always be calm. She exited the house and made her way down the literally freshly bricked road towards the main city area.

It was an early Thursday morning, and people were only beginning to hustle to work, school, or where ever else they were to go.Within moments, she arrived at her destination for the day. The building in front of her could be mistakened for a barber's shop since that was what it was previously, but it was now a little tattoo shop that was actually quite popular.

Her boss had named it "Iridescence" because he felt that it had a rather good ring to it, and she also agreed it was a nice name, rather beautiful as well.

She pushed through the iron doors of the shop while, at the same time, rubbing away a smudge that was on one of the door's window. A small chime rang out to notify the whole shop of her arrival.

Knowing that only her boss was in the building at the time, she nonchalantly yelled out, "I'm here to es!" And her boss' carefree laughter followed after her own. He raised an eyebrow before he spoke.

"Are you sure about that, Little Miss?" He spared another laugh upon asking. She simply responded with a light blush on her face as she placed her leather jacket, bag, and gloves in her receptionist's area.

Her boss' voice rang out once again, asking for assistance.

"Hey, do you mind rearranging the inks for me while I go back home. I forgot to bring in some of the new needles and grips."

"Of course, but why didn't you call me earlier? I was still at home." The girl chuckled a bit as she raised her cell phone in the air. He only smiled before exiting the shop. After hearing the door's chime, she stood up and walked towards her boss' work station to rearrange the tubes of ink.

She always arranged them in the same exact way; by colour starting from white and ending with black. She continued to busy herself with her task until another chime rang out. The girl stood up and greeted the man who stood by her receptionist desk.

"Hello. What can I do for you today?" She asked with a smile. The man looked like he was around his 30's and his hair and mustache were of a dirty blonde colour. He grunted a little and answered, "I'm here for my appointment."

When he spoke, he had a rather intimidating voice, but the girl was used to it and shook it off. She went behind her desk, which almost engulfed her head when she sat, and opened up the appointment book.

"You are...Maddox Powell, right?" She asked. He nodded in confirmation. "Under the Welsh sector." He added with a proud smile on his face. The girl was quick to return the smile.

"My boss is temporarily out, but he'll be back soon if you're alright to wait a bit."

The Welsh man grunted. "How long until he's back, do you think?"

"Perhaps in 20 minutes." 

He hummed a bit before asking, "Hey, little girl, do you know how to ink?" She nodded but shortly added, "I've never inked a customer before, though." The man grabbed her hand and took her into the work station before sitting her down on her boss' chair and sitting on the chair in front of her.

"Try it out on me. Here's what I want." He took out a sketch from his pocket and held it up for her to see. The sketch was a moderate size and of a sword being surrounded by small skulls on a single chain and two thorny roses had erupted from behind the skulls. (x)

"Not too bad, right?" She nodded and got the equipment ready, placed a surgical mask on, and slipped her hands into disposable gloves as he got his right bicep ready.

"Don't get mad, alright?" 

This earned a laugh from the man. "I won't. This is your first time on a customer anyway."

"On request." She added. "Just use your imagination from here on." He said as rubbing alcohol was smothered onto the area of where his tattoo was to be, and a slap hit the area before a needle dug into his arm.

Moments later, the door's chime was heard again.

"Mei, I'm back with the new stuff!" Her boss, Jay yelled out. There was no response other than the faint sound of buzzing coming from his tattooing room. Mei was completely indulged in her work and concentration had taken over. She was more than halfway through when Jay walked in. 

Mei hadn't even noticed her boss' presence until she was completely finished with the Welsh man's tattoo and heard her boss say, "I'm impressed."

That gave her a small heart attack, but it had subsided when she found Jay's smiling face. Maddox made his way to a mirror and was also found impressed. "See, you did good. I'm glad I gave you the chance when I did."

He then paid and left after having a good conversation with the two.

"You did good, you know." Jay complimented yet again.

"Thanks." A slight blush tinted her cheeks and she laughed.


Eunghwa sat in her living room with a smile on her face. Her best friend, Kibum had just finished singing "Happy Birthday" to her, and she had completely blown out the candles on the small cake sitting in front of her.

"So...What did you wish for?" Kibum queried with a grand smile plastered onto his face.

"If I told you, it wouldn't come true." She giggled a bit.

In all truth, she had wished for the chance to find out whether or not the world above them existed. The clock on the wall said "11:58 PM" only a couple minutes before her birthday came to an end.

"You know what this means, right, Eunghwa?" Kibum asked, elongating the word 'right'.

"What?" She asked.

"You've turned 20 already. You're so old." This caused the two of them to laugh. Eunghwa was truly happy to have Kibum celebrate her birthday with her. She didn't mind that it was only a small celebration. She hugged him tightly.

"Thank you, Kibum~"


Author's Note

Woo! Congratulations to MindragonFan! I really did enjoy imagining a tattoo shop environment while writing. I also threw kN42five's character a little birthday party X3 Well, this ends my decisions. I really wanted to pick everyone...but I can't. I'm really sorry about that ;-; BUT. Your characters will still make an appearance in my story ;D No harm done, right? Goodbye for now~