Family Dog

The Yoon Curse

Doojoon's Point of View

I woke up in the middle of the night to the tapping of the window. I stretched my dog body and yawned, 'Who in the right mind would come to the Kims resident late at night? Accurately around 3:24 AM.' I thought after checking the time. I looked over my shoulder to see Taeyeon and Hyuna sleeping soundlessly. I pulled the blanket over them since it was falling off.

"Mm..Hyuna stop kicking.." Taeyeon muttered. I found it cute in a way, but I quickly got rid of those thoughts when the tapping continued. I growled a little and walked over to the window, standing on my hind legs to check who it was, 'I should of known....' 

"Hyung!" Junhyung softly shouted. I noticed he started to climb up the house when he saw me, 'Damn it why did this house have to have a roof by this window!' I thought. Junhyung grinned when was walked carefully over to the window I was at, "Why didn't you escape?" he questioned.

I nodded with my head that Taeyeon closed the window. Junhyung understood what I was trying to gesture, "Hold on I'll try getting this window open, alright?" he said. I blinked and pushed myself off the window so he can open it.

Junhyung was trying to open it from the outside and I stood there watching him struggle which was both sad yet amusing to me. I snickered a bit and Junhyung pulled the finger at me. I bared my teeth at him and he started bowing his head in apology, 'Being a dog has it's ups and downs.' I thought with a smirk palstered on my dog face. 

"Dujun..." I heard Hyuna's voice whisper. I looked to the side and saw Hyuna's body rising up from the bed, "Whats going on?" she called in a sleepy voice. I looked over to Junhyung who was oblivious to Hyuna waking up. 'I'm sorry this one time Junnie.' I thought.

"Bark! Bark!" I barked at Junhyung loudly. Junhyung was startled and stumbled back from the window and off the roof, 'Really sorry little brother!' I shouted in my head while staring at the window in shock.

"Dujun!?" Hyuna screamed seeming fully awake. 

I saw Taeyeon's side jump also and she fell to the floor. I rushed over to her to see if she was okay, but Taeyeon was still in a deep slumber, 'How!?' I thought staring at the sleeping girl. "Bark Bark!" I barked to Hyuna and jumped on the bed. I tried my best to look like a scared dog and she seemed to understand (fall for) it. 

"Aish something must of scared you huh Dujun? Don't worry new houses are always the scariest," Hyuna reassured. She my head gently and I snuggled up to her, "Okay let's get Taeyeon unnie back onto the bed and don't be surprised by how she was able to withstand that impact in her sleep." she told me. I only nodded and jumped off the bed.

Hyuna climbed out of the bed and started to help Taeyeon back. I helped push up Taeyeon's leg due to the circumstances of my height and strength now, "Bark!" I barked and pointed to the window. Hyuna looked at my confused before snapping, "Oh you have to use the bathroom?" she asked. I nodded and she went out of the room and I followed.

"I'll see if uncle can fix the cat door so it can be more bigger for you." Hyuna told me. I nodded happily and she scratched my ear, "Okay there you go boy, I'll be on the couch waiting for you to come back, alright?"

I nodded and ran out of the door that was open. I looked back and saw Hyuna with her back turned, 'My chance...' I thought. I ran over to the side of the house where Junhyung should of fallen and found him stuck in the bushes, "Ruff." I muffled quietly while looking at Junhyung.

Junhyung woke up from his daze and quickly got out of the bush, "What was that about?" he questioned.

"Bark! Do you want Taeyeon and Hyuna to find you a creep? " I questioned. Junhyung tilted his head in confusion and I just remembered that he doesn't talk much dog. 'I told him to take the damn lesson when appa taught us, but no he goes off to hang out with Onew and Yoseob.' I thought angerly.

"Pronouce Doojoon." Junhyung said mimicking a movement that says to pronouce well. I growled and bared my sharp teeth, walking close to him. He backed away, "Sorry sorry!" he shouted. I sighed and pushed him back in the bushes and ran to the door.

"Dujun?" Hyuna called and I saw her ready to step out. I appeared in front of her and barked happily, "Why was there talking? The voice sounded familiar, maybe I should go check it out." she said and started to head towards where Junhyung was.I started to bark a lot causing a noise.

"Kims keep it down!"

"Keep that dog inside!"

"I'm trying to sleep!"

Hyuna quickly turned to me, "Shhh Dujun!" she shouted in a whispered voice. I silence my barking and ran around the corner, 'Where my idiot brother go?' I thought and turned around to see Hyuna tapping her foot impatiently at me. "Dujun, whats wrong?" she questioned.

I whimpered a little and put my head on the ground showing her a puppy face. "Aigoo puppy dog face!" she squealed and rubbed my face. We both went back inside the house, but I took one last look and saw Junhyung in front of the gate staring at me with disbelief. I shrugged my once shoulders and pushed the door closed, locking it after jumping up to my hind legs.

'Next Time...' I thought sadly and retreated to Taeyeon's room with Hyuna. 

The Next Morning...

I yawned and stretched my body. I looked around sleepily and saw that I was in Taeyeon's room again, "You're finally awake Dujun." Hyuna greeted and I nodded my head a bit sleepy. "Well you're just in time because we're getting ready for school." she explained.

I looked up and my once sleepy eyes almost popped open because both Taeyeon and Hyuna were changing in front of me - this would be normal for any other dog, but I'm a man-dog! If my face could turn red then I would create a whole new level of reddness. "Aw Dujun are you okay? You look like you saw something embarrassing." Taeyeon teased me. 

I looked down.

Taeyeon and Hyuna giggled, "That is so cute Dujun!" they cooed and ruffled my head, "Here you go Dujun." Taeyeon said and opened the door. I quickly ran out of the room and towards the kitchen. 'That was an extremely awkward moment for me...and as a dog. First time seeing a half- girl and it's as a dog, dog accomplisment.' I sarcastically thought.

I approached the kitchen and headed to the door with the awful cat smell. I was going to dart out of the cat door to see if that can make me fit instead the door opened to reveal a middle aged woman with a bunch of suitcases. She set it down on the table, forgetting to close to door, and sat heavily on the chair - exhausted. "Girls!" she called.

I turned around and looked at her. She didn't seem to notice my presence so I started to back out slowly, 'My one chance...' I thought. I heard the footsteps and chattering of Taeyeon and Hyuna slowly approaching the kitchen. 'Go!' I shouted in my head, but I didn't budge. 

"Morning Umma!" Taeyeon shouted happily, her fever seemed to dimish over night. She noticed me and the opened door, "Mom you left the door open, you could of let Dujun out by mistake. I don't want the owner to get mad after their dog has just been found." she said and closed the door, 'Damn it..' 

"Morning Mommy." Hyuna cutely greeted and I saw her kiss auntie on the cheek. 

"Morning sweethearts, um Taeyeon who is Dujun?" The mother of the Kims questioned. I approached her and jumped up setting my paws on her lap, "Bark!" I barked happily. She had this small glimpse of happiness in her tired eyes, "Oh you're Dujun? Aigoo you remind me of an old family dog that passed away just two years ago." she explained sadly.

"You had a dog umma?" Taeyeon and Hyuna questioned in a surprise tone.

Auntie nodded and my head gently, "Yup just like Dujun here. A Shikoku to be exact." she explained happily even though she seemed exhausted. While she pet me my ears were pulled back and I felt relaxed, like I known her.

"You should show us pictures umma." Hyuna suggested and used a puppy dog look. Taeyeon was giggling and pointing at the two of us, "You two look exactly a like!" Taeyeon teased.

Auntie giggled and checked her watch, "Aish you two are going to be late, head off now." she said, shooing them away in a cute way. I barked happily and in a serious manner, "Bark! Go to school Kims! " I teased.

"Aigoo! You two are the same already." Taeyeon and Hyuna giggled. They both gave a kiss to their mother and my head in a teasing way, "We'll be back around afternoon alright Dujun? Don't cause any trouble." Taeyeon teased and they both headed out.

I turned my attention back to their mother and she smiled sadly at me, "I haven't seen those two that happy since.." she whispered tiredly and in a depressed tone, "I wonder if you can be like Yon and cheer my girls up just like he did with me." she explained and kissed the top of my head before going to what looked like her room.

I sat there on the kitchen floor after hearing the door to auntie's room close, 'Why didn't I leave?' I thought to myself while looking at the closed door that once was a gate way to freedom. 'Yon....Yon....Yoon, no can't be...can it?' 


Why didn't you leave? I make Junhyung the poor comic relief character, I'm sorry Junnie!

Comment and Subscribe :)