The Dream Curse

The Yoon Curse

Doojoon's Point of View

It was around 11 o' clock night on my birthday. I was laying down on the couch in the living room while my father sat in front of me on the table while my brother, Junhyung, sat in the single chair close to the couch. We were all silent with the occasional chattering of ignorant kids out late outside in the front. I didn't mind the silence as I found it the best kind of soun in the entire world, but sadly my brother broke the silence, "Hyung, are you going to be okay?" he asked in a concern tone.

I didn't answer him as our dad answered for me, "The transformation is quick and painless." he informed Junhyung. My younger brother understood and just sat there going through his phone. "Junhyung, please turn that ruckus down. Doojoon's senses will start increasing soon as the clock is beginning to countdown the last ten minutes of his birthday." Our father said.

"Ne Appa.." Junhyung replied and turned off his phone. He got up from his seat and stood over me, "So now I'll be the one to take care of my brother instead of the other way around?" he teased trying to lighten the mood.

"I'll still be able to bite." I replied with my eyes closed.

Junhyung wasn't phased at all as he was used to my weak verbal abuse. I let out a heavy sigh as I felt my hearing and smell start increasing, "Ugh did you change the trash bag?" I asked, covering my nose quickly as the rotten smell reached to my nostrils. I opened one eye weakly and the colors around the room began to fade away to black, white, and grey.

My father started to my head gently, "I'm sorry that I couldn't prevent this to happen to you.." he apologized. I looked up to him with the eye open and saw his sympathetic look. His eyes were drained from a light brown color replaced with dark and his dog ears as well gave it away since they were folded down just like how a dog would be.

"Don't be appa. Blame umma for not accepting you for the grown furball you are." I told me and smiled weakly. Junhyung scratched behind our father's ear and he suddenly became happy though the sadness in his eyes can never go away. "I'll break the curse so Junnie will not suffer the same thi-bark-ng." I explained and saw the clock was four minutes away from midnight.

"Don't call me Junnie." Junhyung complained. I just smirked and sat up on the couch so that my father can sit, "Thank you for trying hyung, but I believe you are horrible trying to find your true love." he explained. I couldn't argue with him because it was true, I never had a crush because I don't interact a lot with other people. 

"I'll try th-bark-ough. Remember to not let me off the leash when outside Ju-bark-nnie." I warned. In a blink of an eye when the clock struck tweleve midnight, I saw everything as black and grey. 'So this is how appa felt as a dog?' I thought as I looked around the house before looking directly at Junhyung, "Bark!

Junhyung sat on the table and cupped my face in his hands, "You are so cute looking hyung, but you eyes still look the same. Sharp and scary looking." he mocked, but I only growled at him. "Whoa there, chill." Junhyung said, removing his hands from my face and holding them up like he would if he went to jail.

I felt a gentle hand begin to pet me on the head and down my back gently. I looked over at my father, "Your dog self is a Shikoku..a Japanese breed." he informed Junhyung and I. 'I hate the fact that I can't talk..how am I suppose to communicate to my special person?'  It seemed as though my father heard what I was thinking, "Only way to communicate to that special person is be their guardian dog." he explained.

'Greeaaattt I'm not good with people as it is and now I must protect them?' I thought before jumping off the couch. I walked over to my closed room and pawed at the door, "Bark! Bark!

"Aigoo, this is going to be forever!" Junhyung complained and walked over to where I was standing on my hind legs. He opened the door for me and I fell forward back onto my front paws - it felt weird to call what were my hands paws - and entered my room. I jumped onto the bed and got my self comfortable, "Good night hyung, I'll wake you up tomorrow morning."

I just let out a sigh and went to bed. 'Aigoo..tomorrow my first day as a dog...' I thought to myself. I closed my eyes and went to sleep, but for some odd reason I was taken to dreamland instead of an average sleep.

I opened my eyes and saw my a girl who looked very young, but I strangely felt like she was my age. She gave me the most dorkiest smile ever, but I felt my heart pick up the pace, "Yeobo why are we walking here?" I asked in my human voice. I was shocked and examined my whole body to see that I was back in my old self.

"You don't want to be here?" She pouted and turned to me still holding my hand. "I remember Dujun would very much love going here to play dog soccer with me." she teased. I felt myself give her a pouty look and a whimper came from my throat. "Aw! My Dujun is still there!"

I rolled my eyes and wrapped my arms around her petite waist, "Your Dujun would always be here, but his name is now Doojoon." I informed her and leaned my forehead against her, "I love you yeobo, thank you for accepting me for who I was." I whispered.

She giggled and wrapped her arms around my neck, "I love you too Doojoonie, thank you for always being there without be realizing it was you." she said to me and tenderly placed her lips over mine. I smiled and returned the kiss, loving every second of it because it was for her.

"Hyung!" Junhyung screamed. My head shot up and I looked up to see Junhyung wrapping a black bandana around my neck, "Even if you are a dog you are very much hard to wake up." he scolded and showed me a mirror. I tilted my head and shook my head to wake myself up - I was still a dog. "You don't like it? You look very adorable in it though."

'Even with a dog he'll dress someone up to style.' I thought. I looked closely into the mirror and saw that the name stitched into the corner of the bandana, Dujun. I just plainly looked at Junhyung with my head tilted to the side and my ears perked up. "Less obvious ways of our friends besides Hyunseung knowing it's you!" Junhyung smiled.

'Yes because changing the double -oo's in my name to an u makes any difference.' I sarcastically thought. I jumped off the bed and walked out of the room to the middle of the living room where the door was wide open for fresh, cold morning air. "I'll go get your food." Junhyung told me and went to the kitchen. The sound of dog dry food hitting a bowl reached to my ears. 'You left the door open Junhyung..I may be responible as a human being, but as a dog well I still don't know my own personality.' I thought. 

"Haha dude, you should of seen the girl last night!" A boy's voice caught my ear, "She looked so surprise with my soccer skill that asking her on a date was a piece of cake."

"Really? If you are such a soccer player than go get it!" The boy's friend laughed. I turned my head to the gate and saw a soccer ball quickly rolling by, 'Soccer ball...no...Soccer ball....no Doojoon.....Soccer ball....Yoon Doojoon don't go after the...SOCCER BALL!' I thought and ran outside. 

"Doojoon hy- Where are you going!?" I heard Junhyung exclaim as I was running towards the gate. My strong hind legs were able to make the high four feet jump over the gate as I saw I was on the otherside. I ignored Junhyung's demands to get back because I was running after the soccer ball.

"Whoa! Where that dog come from!" The boys' I heard before exclaim.

I didn't care how far I went because I just kept rolling the ball straight forward deeper into the neighborhood - the part I didn't know. I finally decided to stop the ball and threw it up in the air with my nose and bounced it on my head until I hit it forward and it landed in the bushes. I began to whimper staring in the bushes, 'I lost the precious soccer ball...'

I sighed and turned around to head back to Junhyung, but now I finally realized I didn't know where I was and where was Junhyung. 'Junhyung? Omo I'm lost! First day as a dog and I get distracted by a soccer ball! Irresponible!' I scolded myself and rammed my head into a nearby tree for being an idiot.

I whimpered in pain because it really hurt and I leaned down with my paws on my head in a gesture that shows pain.

"Are you okay boy?" A familiar voice asked me.


How is the first chapter? Like it?

So who do you think the girl was in the dream? And who do you think noticed the strange dog ramming their head into a tree?

Comment and Subscribe.