♥♥Ten♥♥

You're My Only Hope
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun stared at her, feeling a piercing feeling in his heart. Did I just hear right? The girl I love is. . . sick?

He couldn't find the words to say. He was in such shock of what he just heard. "Sica. . ."

Jessica immediately teared up. She turned her head to try and wipe away the built up tears in her eyes. She didn't want to cry in front of him again. She was done shedding tears in one day. To her surprise, she thought her tears would have drained out by this time, especially since she cried so much.

Kyuhyun carefully pulled her in for a hug, tightly wrapping his arms around her, never wanting to let go of her ever again. "Shh. . . It's okay. . ." His voice trailed off, because he was unsure of how to react to this sudden statement. It was hard for him to just hear it.

Jessica just stayed coiled up in his arms, not wanting to leave his warmth. "Kyuhyun. . ."

Kyuhyun looked down at her as he cradled her.

"I'm. . . I'm so. . . s-sorry. . ." her voice trembled before the water works began to pour.

He shook his head and pulled her close again. "No. No, it's okay. Jessica, it's not your fault. Please don't cry anymore."

Jessica tried to calm herself down, slowing herself.

After a few more moments, Jessica stopped the tears and just sniffled. She slowly pulled away from Kyuhyun and then sat on her bed, hugging her knees. She was unsure of what to say after this confession. She felt as if the cat got her tongue.

Kyuhyun observed her carefully, wondering what was on her mind. He wanted to know how she was really feeling. Did she really not want to be with him? Did she really actually have feelings for him? Did she ever wonder if she and him could ever be together in the future?

"You're probably wondering. . ." she began to say.

Kyuhyun looked up at her, humming in response.

"You're probably wondering. . . why I didn't tell you this before. . ."

"Sica. . ."

She interrupted him, "No, let me finish."

Kyuhyun gestured her to continue.

"I didn't want to tell you because I knew it would affect anything between us. I never wanted to find love because of it. But when I met you," she paused, looking up at him. "There was nothing holding me back from having those feelings for you."

Kyuhyun bit on his lip, understanding her situation.

"I never knew that feeling until that day in the parking lot when you denied me. But I decided to tell you now because I want to stop you from falling for me. I cannot risk letting you get hurt because of my cancer."

"Jessica, that's crazy talk."

"No, Kyuhyun, it's not! It's not like I have a big chance of survival! I'm dying! And I can't stop it."

Kyuhyun approached her, sitting on the bed next to her. "This does not mean I cannot love you! You can't stop me from doing so!"

Jessica's tears began to build up again. "No! Don't! Stop it! I don't want you to get hurt!"

Kyuhyun held her shoulders, making her look him in the eyes and to calm her down. "Jessica Jung, stop with this nonsense."

Jessica immediately halted everything and looked at him sincerely.

"Jessica, I love you."

Her eyes jolted up as she gasped out.

"I never knew until you came to me in the parking lot. And I was a fool for turning you away. You do mean so much to me. I want you to be the one by my side. There is no other girl I would want to be with. Sure, I dated many girls before, but I never knew what love was until you came into my life."

"Kyuhyun~"

"Jessica Jung, you are the love of my life. I want you to be in my future."

"Kyuhyun, this is so suddenly."

"I want you to marry me."

"Kyuhyun!"

"No! I'm serious! I want you to be my wife."

"But I can't. . . we can't just go off and marry like that!"

"Jessica, I want to risk this. I want you to be my wife."

"Kyuhyun, this is crazy. We're too young and it's possible that I may not be able to get married. . ."

"That's why we should get married now. I don't wanna risk losing you." He caressed her hair, giving her sincere eyes.

Jessica paused before looking into his eyes. Seeing the look, she knew that he was not joking around. Honestly, she didn't think it was a bad idea at all. This could be her last chance to say "I do." She doesn't know how long she has, and she does want to get married, but was now really the right time?

"Jessica, I know I may sound crazy. But deep down, I know that you think it's a great idea."

Wow. He can see right through me. Jessica thought.

"Are you absolutely sure about this?"

"Yes."

"And you won't regret this?"

"Yes. Jessica, don't worry! I won't regret marrying the woman I love."

Jessica sighed, knowing she probably can't get out of this. She looked into his eyes.

"Will you marry me, Jessica?"

The next week, Eunhyuk was waiting in the parking lot, as usual with Hyoyeon by his side.

He chit chatted with his friends and did his thing.

"Oh! There's Kyuhyun!" Eunhyuk announced as he saw the familiar BMW pulling up in the parking lot. "Where has that boy been? He hasn't talked to me in a week!"

"Calm down. Maybe he's been busy. He can be a busy boy," Hyoyeon commented.

"Then he could have at least told me," Eunhyuk said as he rolled his eyes.

From is spot, he could see Kyuhyun getting out of the car. But what was even more shocking was that he was still with the new girl. In his thoughts, he was sure that Kyuhyun was over her. Why is he still with her?! I mean, seriously! Has he lost his mind?!

Kyuhyun and Jessica

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter