Wish Part 4

One kiss, One heart

Part 4 

 

 

Four days ago…

 

 

This morning, Taeyeon suggested that Jessica and her start over again as friends. To start it off, she had asked Jessica if she wanted to watch a movie with her later in the afternoon. Jessica, as expected, delightedly accepted the invitation. Hence, here they were, eating dinner together at a restaurant after seeing a movie earlier that evening. She was hesitant to befriend Jessica at first because of the girl’s straightforward attitude, but after spending the afternoon and the evening with her, she realized that she wasn’t as bad as she thought she was initially.

 

 

She guessed Jessica just really wanted to befriend her, hence the bluntness, but in truth, she really wasn’t as out-going as she thought she was. She’s actually much more shy and reserve like her. She’s also not very patient, but she’s very thoughtful, from the way she always asked for her opinion first before she decides on anything. Taeyeon found her personality very likable and not too burdensome as she thought in the beginning. She’s glad she gave Jessica another chance or else she would have missed out on an awesome friend.

 

 

“Do you really like the pasta that much that you’re grinning from ear to ear?” Taeyeon heard Jessica giggle.

 

 

Taeyeon awoke from her daze to see Jessica with an amused smile on her face. She didn't realize that she had zone out in the middle of their conversation.

 

 

Taeyeon smiled and nodded. “Yeah. It tastes wonderful!”

 

 

Jessica chuckled.

 

 

“Well, that’s good to hear. I wasn’t sure whether you’d like this place I picked.” Jessica lied. In truth, Jessica knew Taeyeon would love it here. Taeyeon and her frequented this place whenever they went out on dates. It’s not that they don’t know any other restaurants in the city to visit, it’s just that this place was the place where they first met. This was where Sooyoung introduced her to Taeyeon, who happened to be working as a waiter here at that time. This was where it all started; their friendship; their relationship; their love.

 

 

“Ah, I see. Well, I love it here. The ambiance is great and the food and drinks are great as well. Not only that, it feels somewhat…nostalgic in here.” She paused to gather her thoughts. “I don’t know why but this place feels oddly familiar even though this is the first time I’ve even been here. It brings a warm and welcoming feeling. It feels nice. I like it here. Thank you for taking me here, Jessica.” Taeyeon said sincerely as she stared at Jessica’s eyes.

 

 

Jessica’s heart did some flips. She was happy to hear Taeyeon say that. Although her mind doesn’t remember the significance of this place, her heart still does and that’s enough for Jessica. Perhaps her heart still remembers the love they shared? It was possible.

 

 

======

 

 

Three days ago…

 

 

“Hi, Taeyeon. I hope you don’t mind me dropping by unannounced.”

 

 

“Oh, no, no. Of course not. Come in.”

 

 

Jessica did a victory dance inwardly. Truthfully, she was still a little uncertain whether she should visit Taeyeon unannounced. She didn’t want to scare her off with her straightforwardness again. She was glad that Taeyeon didn’t reject her this time around like the last time she pulled this off.

 

 

“Come sit.” Taeyeon ushered her towards the couch. After Jessica had sat down, Taeyeon quickly rushed into the kitchen and brought out tea and a slice of cake for Jessica to snack on.

 

 

“I just baked it this morning. It’s mango cake. Tell me what you think.”

 

 

Jessica took the fork, cut a small piece of the cake, and popped it into .

 

 

“Mm. This is really good.” Jessica complimented as she took another bite of the cake.

 

 

“You think so?”

 

 

Jessica nodded as she continued chewing.

 

 

“Ah. That’s good to hear. Actually, I’ve been contemplating whether I should just bake my wedding cake because Junsu really loves my baking.” Jessica froze upon the mention of her fiancé’s name and the word 'wedding.' “But Junsu loves everything I cook, so I’m not sure whether he was just saying that because of me or if he’s really telling the truth. But hearing your input, I think I’ll go for it.”

 

 

“Y-yeah. You should definitely serve this at your…wedding.” Jessica said as she forced out a crooked smile. There was a pang in her heart as she thought about Taeyeon’s wedding.

 

 

She put the cake down on the coffee table and didn’t finish the rest of it. For some reason the cake didn’t taste as sweet anymore. Instead, it left a bitter taste in and in her heart.

 

 

“Uh, is something wrong with the cake? Does it not taste good?” Taeyeon quickly asked when she noticed the solemn expression on Jessica’s face and the half-eaten cake on the coffee table.

 

 

“No, no. It tastes wonderful. I’m just full that’s all. I’m on a diet.”

 

 

Taeyeon quirked a brow. “A diet? But you’re so skinny already! You should eat more Jessica. You need to accentuate your nice curves!” Taeyeon blurted out of nowhere. When she realized what she had said, her face turned beet red.

 

 

Jessica started laughing which caused Taeyeon’s face to heat up even more.

 

 

“I—uh…anyway, what brings you here?” Taeyeon asked to divert the subject.

 

 

“Ah. I was wondering if you’d like to hang out again today, if you’re not too busy with anything that is.”

 

 

Taeyeon bit her lip uneasily. “Uh. Actually, I’m kind of working on something right now.”

 

 

“Ah. I see. Well, I shan’t disturb you then. I’ll visit you another time.” Jessica said understandingly as she slung her purse over her shoulder and rose from the couch. “I’ll call you tonight, okay?”

 

 

“Uh…ok.”

 

 

Taeyeon watched with sadness as Jessica began heading towards the front door. She doesn’t want her to leave. She wants her company. As these thoughts raced through her mind, she called out to her.

 

 

“Jessica!”

 

 

Jessica turned and looked at Taeyeon. “Yes?”

 

 

“Uh…you said you liked art right? And that you’re interested in learning more about it right?”

 

 

“Yes, I do.”

 

 

“Well…” Taeyeon gulped. “Actually, I was working on an artwork before you came. I was thinking, since you wanted to learn more about art and since I’m currently working on an artwork, this would be a good opportunity for you to learn. How would you like to have some private lessons with me...right now? I don't mind teaching you while I worked. What do you say?”

 

 

Jessica couldn’t contain her excitement and jumped at the gun immediately. “Yes! I would love that!”

 

 

*

 

 

“Welcome to my studio.” Taeyeon said as she opened the door to her special room.

 

 

Jessica guffawed as she entered the studio. She was in awe at the beautiful artworks that decorated Taeyeon’s studio from the walls to the ceiling, everywhere. They were captivating and beautiful. She knew Taeyeon could draw well, but she has never seen Taeyeon lay out her artwork out in the open like this. She often kept her art in her portfolios, hidden from the world. She walked deeper into the room, her eyes tentatively glossing over drawing to drawing.

 

 

Taeyeon was watching Jessica’s reaction the entire time. She was amused to see Jessica’s immense fascination about her artworks. She has never seen anyone be this fascinated by her artworks ever, not even Junsu. Sure, he has seen them and has praised her for it, but he has never shown interest in it like Jessica did. Just from the twinkle in her eyes as she gazed over the different artworks, Taeyeon could see that Jessica was genuinely interested and she felt touched and proud to see someone truly appreciate her efforts. Maybe she wasn’t lying when she said she was interested in learning more about art.

 

 

 

Taeyeon waltz over to where Jessica stood, hovering over an unfinished artwork.

 

 

“You like what you see?” Taeyeon asked over Jessica’s shoulder.

 

 

Jessica nodded with a smile on her face.

 

 

“Who is she?” Jessica asked as she ran her finger along the contour of the woman’s face. The face was blank; there were no eyes, no nose, no lips, and no eyebrows to hint the identity of the woman. The hair wasn’t finished either, it was just a blur of random spawn lines. Even so, despite the drawing being unfinished and lacked essential details, the person seemed familiar to Jessica. It reminded her of someone she knows; she just can’t put her fingers on it.

 

 

“Ah, the girl of my dreams.”

 

 

Jessica looked over her shoulder and was startled when she saw Taeyeon’s face so close with her. Her cheeks flushed pink from the closeness and she quickly looked back down at the drawing to hide her reddened cheeks. Taeyeon didn’t seem to notice anything for her eyes were dreamily staring at the unfinished drawing.

 

 

“G-firl of your dreams?”

 

 

Taeyeon nodded. “Uh, huh. I know it sounds crazy, but I’ve been dreaming about this girl lately. I always see her running around my dreams, but for some reason I can never see her face. No matter how much I scream for her, she never looks back at me. She just keeps running. I hope one day she’ll turn around for me so I’d finally see her face and finish this drawing for good.”

 

 

Jessica just nodded.

 

 

“Anyway, enough about this. Shall we draw?”

 

 

======

 

 

Two days ago…

 

 

*Ding, dong*

 

 

“Oh. Taeyeon. What brings you here so early in the morning?” Jessica asked groggily. She just woke up from the sound of the doorbell. She thought Sooyoung or Tiffany might have forgotten something before they left for work so she was expecting either one of them, but she was surprised to see Taeyeon standing by the doorway instead.

 

 

Taeyeon smiled apologetically when she realized she just woke the latter up. “Sorry for intruding so early in the morning. I thought you would be up by now since it was already eleven in the morning. You sure sleep a lot.” She chuckled.

 

 

Jessica broke out into a smile as well. “They don’t call me a sleeping beauty for nothing.”

 

 

“You sure are a sleeping beauty indeed.”

 

 

Jessica's smile grew wider. She opened the door for Taeyeon and led her in.

 

 

“So, what brings you here?” Jessica asked as they entered the foyer.

 

 

“Ah, I was wondering if you’d be willing to accompany me to a store. I was going to ask Sooyoung or Tiffany to accompany me, but seeing that they’re both out to work, you came to my mind instead.”

 

 

“Which store?”

 

 

“Jo Kwon’s Bridal Boutique.”

 

 

Jessica almost tripped on the carpet when she heard the name of the store.

 

 

Taeyeon quickly went to Jessica’s side upon witnessing the almost accident.

 

 

“Omo, are you alright?”

 

 

“Uh, y-yeah. I’m fine.” Jessica assured as she straightened herself up. She was startled because that was the same boutique they went to to buy their wedding dress for their wedding.

 

 

“So, would you like to accompany me?”

 

 

Although she was reluctant, Jessica agreed anyway. If this was the only way she’ll be able to spend time with Taeyeon, then she’ll gladly do it without complaints. Plus, it was Taeyeon seeking her out. That’s a lot already on her part. She’s grateful that Taeyeon’s actually making an effort and taking a step to furthering their relationship, so she'll do the same no matter what the cost. Even if it meant heartache.

 

 

It didn’t take them long to reach the boutique. They were greeted by a tall, lanky man who led Taeyeon to the dressing room where she will try out the wedding dress one last time before the real thing. They needed to inspect the dress for any damages or perhaps make note for new adjustments to the dress. Jessica seated herself on one of the chairs by the waiting area. She wasn’t needed inside for there were already two other people helping Taeyeon with the dress, though Taeyeon insisted she came.

 

 

Jessica sat there patiently. After waiting a couple more minutes, the curtains finally opened revealing Taeyeon in her beautifully crafted wedding dress.

 

 

Jessica's mouth fell open. With opened ajar, she rose from her seat and openly gawked at Taeyeon in the wedding dress. She looks beautiful. Perfect. All the possible compliments she could think of rushed through her mind.

 

 

“H-how do I look?” Taeyeon asked the still dazed brunette.

 

 

“An angel.” Was all Jessica said.

 

 

Taeyeon blushed upon the compliment. Although to others it might not seem much of a compliment, however to Taeyeon, that one word conveyed much more. She felt her heart racing.

 

 

“T-thanks.”

 

 

Jessica just smiled.

 

 

Taeyeon looks gorgeous. She looks heavenly in that wedding dress. This wasn’t the first time she has seen Taeyeon in a wedding dress though since they’ve been married before. Although the dress Taeyeon wore on their wedding day wasn’t as glamorous as the one she was wearing now, it still looked as equally gorgeous on her as this one, probably because Taeyeon was glowing from the overflowing love they shared.

 

 

Ah, seeing Taeyeon in a wedding dress sure brings back a lot of memories. Though happy memories invaded her mind, she can't help but feel disheartened for Taeyeon is no longer hers. Only if she wasn’t so selfish and stubborn, then Taeyeon would still be her wife and not someone else’s bride. It hurts to know that Taeyeon won’t be hers soon.

 

 

“Hey. Are you okay?” Taeyeon asked concernedly when she notice her spacing out.

 

 

Jessica snapped out of her daze and flashed Taeyeon a sincere smile. “I’m fine. Shall we go?”

 

 

Taeyeon nodded. “Alright. I’ll just go change out of this thing.”

 

 

*

 

 

“So, Sica.”

 

 

Hearing her nickname, Jessica whipped her head towards Taeyeon’s direction and raised a brow.

 

 

“Uh…s-sorry. I mean Jessica.” Taeyeon quickly corrected herself.

 

 

Jessica giggled. “It’s fine. You can call me Sica if you want.”

 

 

“Really?”

 

 

Jessica nodded. She likes it when Taeyeon calls her by her nickname. It shows how close their relationship is with each other. But then a thought came to her mind. She smiled mischievously.

 

 

“You can call me Sica…in one condition.”

 

 

Taeyeon took a quick glance at her. “What is it?”

 

 

“You can call me Sica if you let me call you Taengoo.”

 

 

“Eh!?" Taeyeon almost swerved the car to the other lane.

 

 

Jessica grinned. “So…can I? It’s only fair that I get to call you by a nickname since I’m letting you call me by a nickname. What do you say?”

 

 

Taeyeon wasn’t completely comfortable being called in another name, but she guess it wouldn’t be bad to let Jessica call her ‘Taengoo.’ It actually sounds nice when Jessica says it. It has a nice ring to it.

 

 

“O-okay. Deal.”

 

 

Jessica couldn’t contain her smile.

 

 

“So…Sica…”

 

 

“Yes Taengoo?”

 

 

Taeyeon blushed. “Uh…would you like to have another art lesson today?”

 

 

“Sure. Wait. But don’t you have work?”

 

 

“I already finished it the other day so I’m off today.”

 

 

“Ah, right.” Jessica forgot. Taeyeon in this universe is also a freelance artist. She only has work when she receives requests. “Alright then. I’m all for the art lesson. Please teach me well, Taengoo seonsaengnim.” Jessica teased and giggled to herself.

 

 

Jessica didn’t catch it, but Taeyeon had on a wide smile.

 

 

*

 

 

“Yah, Taeyeon-ah! You got paint all over my arm!” Jessica yelped in horror at the huge green line that Taeyeon’s brush has left on her left forearm.

 

 

After eating dinner at Taeyeon’s place, the two ended up spending the whole evening painting and drawing. Instead of actually holding an art lesson, the two ended up fooling around with each other instead.

 

 

“Oops! Sorry!” Taeyeon apologized.

 

 

Taeyeon tried to reach for the towel behind Jessica, but when she reached for it, her foot slipped on a piece of paper sprawled underneath her foot and she ended up falling on top of Jessica instead. Jessica grunted in pain when she felt Taeyeon’s weight fall on top of her stomach.

 

 

“Yah. Taengoo get off of me!”

 

 

“Sorry Sica!”

 

 

Taeyeon tried to push herself up, but as she did, she ended up falling on top of Jessica again.

 

 

This time, instead of grunting in pain, Jessica laughed instead. “Taengoo you’re tickling me!”

 

 

As Taeyeon continue to attempt to get up, her knees began rubbing the side of Jessica’s stomach, tickling the latter in the process.

 

 

Hearing Jessica’s laughter from beneath her, Taeyeon couldn’t help but laugh as well. Jessica’s laugh was too contagious. It’s hard not to laugh when she was laughing.

 

 

They continued to fool around until late into the evening.

 

 

Before they realized it, it was already eleven in the evening.

 

 

“Omo. It’s already late at night.” Jessica noted when she glanced at the wall clock. “I should really get going or else Sooyoung will get worried.”

 

 

“Oh. Right.” There was a hint of sadness in Taeyeon’s voice.

 

 

Jessica started gather her stuff.

 

 

“Sica?”

 

 

“Hm?” Jessica asked as she continued to fish for her things.

 

 

“S-since it’s already late, why don’t you spend the night here at my place? There’s another guest room across the hall. You can sleep there.”

 

 

Jessica halted and turned to Taeyeon. She was quite surprise to hear the sudden offer. “Are you sure?”

 

 

“Yeah. Why wouldn’t I be?” Taeyeon smiled.

 

 

Jessica smiled as well.

 

 

With that, Jessica called Sooyoung to let her know that she was staying over at Taeyeon’s place.

 

 

For the first time since she landed in this universe, Jessica was sleeping over at Taeyeon’s place.

 

 

Accomplishment.

 

 

======

 

 

One day ago…

 

 

Jessica ended up staying over tonight as well. They had too much fun hanging out the whole day that they didn’t notice the time fly by. The only difference from yesterday is that today, Jessica was actually sleeping in Taeyeon’s bed, beside the latter and not in the guest room. She doesn’t know what exactly happened last night for them to end up in the same bed together, but they did and she could care less about the details. She’s just glad she is able to get this opportunity to be this close to her wife even for just this moment.

Jessica snuggled closer to Taeyeon’s body, her arms wounding itself around Taeyeon’s waist, and her legs tangling along Taeyeon’s own.

 

 

Taeyeon stirred awake from the sudden movements beneath her. Her lids slowly fluttered open to take in the view of her blurry ceiling, blinking some as she tries to rid of the tiredness in her eyes. When her eyes finally came to focus, she found a bundle of brown hair in her line of vision. When she looked down, she was surprised to see Jessica snuggled up against her body. No wonder she couldn’t feel her limbs. Jessica had her arms wrapped tightly around her body. For some odd reason, feeling Jessica’s warmth brought a smile to her face.

 

 

It’s weird. In a short span of time, she and Jessica had gotten so close together as if they’ve known each other for so long. What’s even weirder is that lately, she’s been feeling all sorts of feelings whenever she’s with Jessica. Whether they’re hanging out, chatting, drawing, eating, or even just texting at night, Taeyeon can’t help but feel elated. Even now, with Jessica so close to her personal space, she feels happy. Of course, if Jessica were awake right now, she would have pushed her away by now, but seeing Jessica sleeping so serenely next to her turns her inside into a mush and makes her heartbeat thump loudly inside her chest.

 

 

Why are you making me feel this way Jessica Jung?

 

 

Taeyeon stared hard at Jessica as she contemplated this question in her head. She’s scared. She knows this feeling well but she doesn’t want to feel this way for anyone other than Junsu. It's less really that she doesn't want to, but more like, she can't. She feels like she’s cheating on her soon-to-be-husband just for having these feelings for someone else, especially towards a girl. She can’t have these feelings. She just can’t!

 

 

Taeyeon was resolute. She needs to erase all of these feelings and thoughts she has about Jessica away. The only way to do that is by distancing herself away from her. Yup, that’s right.

 

 

But does she really want to? It’s the right thing to do, but that’s not what her heart is telling her to do.

 

 

Taeyeon shook her head.

 

 

No. She needs to. She needs to erase Jessica from her heart. She needs to—

 

 

Out of nowhere, Taeyeon hears Jessica murmur her nickname for her, ‘Taengoo.’ Immediately, Taeyeon softens and all thoughts for erasing her feelings for Jessica vanishes in an instant. Hearing Jessica's angelic voice murmur her endearing nickname was enough to push her worries away and enough to consume her heart with that familiar warm feeling that Jessica has been frequently eliciting.

 

 

Taeyeon stared down at the angelic face before her. A gentle smile adorned Taeyeon’s face.

 

 

Just for now, Taeyeon will disregard her worries and instead indulge herself in this unknown feeling she harbors for the girl and cherish the warm body next to her.

 

 

======

 

 

Present day…

 

 

Taeyeon’s eyes widen in shock.

 

 

Jessica’s lips…were on hers…but why!?

 

 

Wh-why was Jessica kissing her? This isn’t right! They’re both girls for crying out loud! It’s not natural! And she’s getting married soon!

 

 

But her lips…Jessica's lips...they feel so good. This kiss…it feels so right.

 

 

Taeyeon closed her eyes. She was about to succumb to the pleasure when Junsu’s face popped up in her mind. Taeyeon’s eyes snapped open.

 

 

When she has finally grabbed a hold of what was happening, she hastily removed her lips from Jessica and took two steps back away from the latter.

 

 

Jessica was startled. She almost fell forward when Taeyeon suddenly pulled her face away from her. Thank goodness for her fast reflexes or else she would have ended up kissing the ground instead.

 

 

Jessica stood up straight and looked at Taeyeon with worried eyes. Taeyeon had her forearm over her lips and her eyes were wide as saucers. She looked quite shocked and horrified by what happened. This made Jessica worry.

 

 

“T-Taeyeon.”

 

 

Jessica tries to approach her, but Taeyeon takes a step back.

 

 

This made Jessica’s heart drop.

 

 

She stopped her movements and just stared at Taeyeon with concern. As Taeyeon stared back, Jessica could see confusion, hurt, anxiety, and shock etched in her trembling brown eyes. Jessica didn’t know what to make of it. Should she be scared that Taeyeon might hate her for what she did? Or should she keep hopeful that perhaps Taeyeon might reciprocate her feelings but is just too confused to admit it.

 

 

Taeyeon slid her forearm across her lips and let it drop to her side.

 

 

Jessica felt her heart being squeezed tightly by an unknown force upon seeing Taeyeon rid her lips of the remnants of the kiss they shared. Was it really that horrible? 

 

 

Regret filled her heart, believing that Taeyeon was disgusted with the kiss. But most of all, she felt hurt knowing that Taeyeon still can’t reciprocate her love and that there was a huge possibility that Taeyeon may never reciprocate it at all. Her whole being felt heavy at the negative thoughts that has began to plague her mind and gnaw painfully at her heart.

 

 

Taeyeon continued to stare at Jessica. As much as she wants to deny it, Taeyeon felt something spark within her when she felt Jessica's warm lips on hers. It's as if something ignited in Taeyeon's heart. The feelings she has been trying to suppress has finally exploded from just that one kiss. It's too late to go back now. Her feelings has been solidified.

 

Taeyeon frowned. Jessica's pupils were shaking fervently. Her expression was twisted, with a look that mirrored that of a person who had just committed the most heinous crime in the entire world. Taeyeon felt hurt. If she regretted the kiss that much, then why? Why kiss her in the first place?

 

 

“Why…?” Taeyeon said in a hoarse voice.

 

 

Jessica bit her bottom lip.

 

 

She wasn’t sure how to explain herself to the person she loves the most. Should she just tell her the truth? The truth the she, Taeyeon, is really her wife in another universe and that they both have a daughter together and that daughter happened to be the girl that Taeyeon refers to as her daughter here in this world? Yeah, that doesn’t sound too absurd at all. She’ll definitely believe it.

 

 

She should just accept reality. No matter how much the two of them had gotten closer in just a short period of time, Taeyeon, in this universe, will never be the Taeyeon she loved in the other universe. She needs to stop fooling herself because it’s only killing her slowly. It hurts to accept it, but it’s time that she does.

 

 

Her eyes became clouded with tears as she gradually accepted the truth.

 

 

“I…f-forget it. Just. Forget anything happened.” Jessica said as she swallowed the huge lump that had formed in . She looked away and tried to blink away the tears that were threatening to fall.

 

 

Taeyeon felt hurt. Forget the kiss? Forget anything happened? For some reason that didn’t settle perfectly well in her. How can she just forget something that made her feel so…so alive inside? Telling her to forget the kiss is like telling her to just end her life right here and there.

 

 

“No.” Taeyeon said sternly.

 

 

Jessica snapped her gaze to Taeyeon. She was taken aback to see tears trickling down Taeyeon’s face.

 

 

“W-what?”

 

 

Taeyeon wiped her eyes with her forearm.

 

 

“No. I won’t forget it ever happened!” Taeyeon snapped. She was truly hurt. “H-how!? H-how can you just easily ask me to forget something so big like that? Does it not mean anything to you? Did you just kiss me out whim just to play with me, with my heart? I—I can’t forget it. Even if I want to, I—I just can’t. And I won’t. I don’t want to forget it.” She said resolutely.

 

 

“P-please. I beg you.” She stepped forward and reached for Jessica’s hand. She gave it a gentle squeeze and stared straight through Jessica’s reddened eyes. “Please, don’t let me forget. And please. Please don’t forget about it either. Please, Sica.”

 

 

Jessica was shocked. Why would Taeyeon say such things? Unless…

 

 

Jessica pulled her hand away from Taeyeon’s grasped, startling the latter. The lost of warmth from Jessica’s fragile hand broke Taeyeon’s heart even more.

 

 

“Why…?” Jessica asked through gritted teeth. “Why does it matter to you so much!? You’re getting married aren’t you!? I mean nothing to you! So why would you care about me or that stupid kiss huh!?”

 

 

“Because I like you!”

 

 

Jessica was taken aback. opened agape and her eyes widened in shock. Did she just say what she thought she said?

 

 

“W-what did you say?” Jessica's heart began beating wildly with agitation as she waited for Taeyeon to repeat herself.

 

 

Taeyeon bit her bottom lip. Then slowly, she opened and repeated what she just said.

 

 

“I—I like you.” She said again, but this time more softly and with more affection. “I like you Jung Jessica.” She whispered again. Relief and ease washed over her as she said those words.

 

 

Tears fell from Jessica’s eyes as she heard those words reverberate out of Taeyeon’s lips. She couldn’t believe it. Her heart overflowed with glee upon hearing Taeyeon utter those words that she has been dreaming of Taeyeon saying to her for the longest time. It was like her dreams just came true. Taeyeon made it come true just with those three simple words.

 

 

“I-I like you too Taeyeon.” Jessica returned the sentiments. “I like you too.”

 

 

Not able to hold in her emotions any longer, Jessica lowered her head and cried. Muffled sobs escaped her lips as a huge relief washed over her entire body upon realizing that Taeyeon does indeed feel the same way towards her. Immense emotion consumed her whole being and she couldn’t help but cry even harder as tears of joy escaped her eyes.

 

 

Seeing Jessica cry harder, Taeyeon became concerned. She walked closer to Jessica and gently wrapped her arms around the latter’s form.

 

 

Without hesitance, Jessica quickly melted into her lover’s arms. She circled her arms around Taeyeon’s waist and held her tight as she buried her tear stained face in Taeyeon’s neck.

 

 

Taeyeon placed a gentle kiss on the crown of Jessica’s head and held her tighter.

 

 

======

 

 

The two ended up at Taeyeon’s loft.

 

 

Together, they lay on the couch with Taeyeon’s arms wrapped around Jessica’s waist and Jessica’s body pressed snuggly atop Taeyeon’s own. Jessica’s head lay on top of Taeyeon’s chest with Taeyeon’s chin propped on top of Jessica’s head.

 

 

Jessica closed her eyes and cherished the soothing pleasure Taeyeon was giving her from the chaste kisses she showered her forehead and the tingling sensation her fingertips induced as they lightly threaded through her brown locks. Jessica let out a satisfied sigh. Laying there on the couch enveloped in silence and wrapped in each other’s arms made Jessica feel so at home. It felt nice and comforting. She hasn’t felt this way in such a long time. Ever since she buried herself in work, she barely had time to do these kinds of mundane things with Taeyeon. She missed it so much. She missed this so much.

 

 

Jessica breathed in Taeyeon’s scent and smiled. She brought her hand under Taeyeon’s shirt and kept her hand there.

 

 

“Sica-ah?”

 

 

“Hm?”

 

 

“Can I ask you something? You…you don’t have to answer if you don’t want to. I’m just really curious.”

 

 

“About what?” Jessica asked with her eyes still closed and her fingers massaging Taeyeon’s bare abdomen.

 

 

Taeyeon gnawed nervously at her lip. “I…wanted to ask about what happened…earlier in the orphanage.”

 

 

Jessica’s eyes shot open. She pushed herself off Taeyeon and sat up. Taeyeon followed suit and sat up as well. She looked at Jessica who was looking away from her. Worried, she took Jessica’s hand and placed them between her two hands.

 

 

“You cried when you saw Krystal earlier.” She paused. “You also said she reminded you of your daughter. So…does that mean you have a daughter back in the States?”

 

 

Jessica shook her head. “No. Not in the States at least.” She murmured the last part, but it was still caught by Taeyeon.

 

 

“What do you mean?”

 

 

Jessica sighed. She turned towards Taeyeon and gazed at her nervously.

 

 

“What I’m about to tell you might sound outrageous but…please hear me out.” Taeyeon nodded. Taking a big breath, she told Taeyeon the truth. “Krystal…she’s my daughter.”

 

 

“Uh what?”

 

 

“Actually…she’s our daughter.”

 

 

Taeyeon stared at Jessica skeptically.

 

 

“Jessica. I call her my daughter and I consider her as my daughter at heart, but she’s not really my daughter. Not biologically at least or legally for that matter. You know that right?”

 

 

“I know.” Jessica said. “What I mean is that Krystal—she’s our adopted daughter.”

 

 

“Huh? I’m still not following.” Taeyeon felt really lost about everything Jessica was saying.

 

 

“Okay. Let me explain further. Remember that night you first met me?”

 

 

Taeyeon nodded. “The night you were acting all crazy saying that I was your wife and that…” All of a sudden, Taeyeon remembered another information Jessica said that night. She stared at Jessica with wide eyes. “…that Krystal was our daughter…” It can’t be. “That night…you didn’t happen to be referring to the Krystal from the orphanage…were you?”

 

 

“At that time, no. But after meeting Krystal this afternoon…I’ve confirmed that she is my daughter. Our daughter.” Jessica said, putting an emphasis on ‘our.’

 

 

“Woah. Wait. Hold up. Why do you keep saying our?”

 

 

She knew Taeyeon would ask. “Okay. Let me start from the very beginning. Please bear with me.”

 

 

Jessica spent the next ten minutes explaining to Taeyeon everything that had happened to her starting from the night they met up to today. She vaguely mentioned the argument they had in the apartment and left out the details about the actual argument.

 

 

After hearing Jessica’s story, Taeyeon isn’t sure whether she believes it or not. Jessica seemed rather serious and sincere about the whole thing but like what Jessica warned her earlier…it sounded too absurd to be true…but at the same time it didn’t. If it was another person who heard this story, they will immediately cast it off as crazy talk or someone’s figment of imagination. But now that she was certain of her feelings for Jessica, somehow, it didn’t seem too absurd for such a thing to happen. Her feelings for Jessica have gotten so potent to the point that she could actually see herself abandoning everything and marrying her. She could also see herself adopting Krystal and living merrily with them both. The only thing that wasn’t believable from her story was the part when she was cursed. Could that really be possible?

 

 

Jessica frowned upon seeing the skepticism etched on Taeyeon’s face.

 

 

“You…don’t believe me…do you?” Jessica said disheartened. Feeling hurt that Taeyeon didn’t believe her, she removed her hands from Taeyeon’s and shifted away from the latter.

 

 

“No, no. I do…it’s just…” Taeyeon reclaimed Jessica’s hand in her hands and it gently making Jessica look back at her. “It’s just a lot to take in you know? I just need time to let it all sink in. But I believe you.”

 

 

“You don’t think I’m crazy?”

 

 

“No. Of course not.”

 

 

Jessica heaved a sigh of relief.

 

 

“Come here.” Taeyeon said, beckoning Jessica to lie back down with her on the sofa. Jessica immediately snuggled close to Taeyeon.

 

 

======

 

 

They laid there in a comfortable silence.

 

 

After a while, Taeyeon spoke.

 

 

“Sica?”

 

 

“Hm?” Jessica hummed with her eyes close.

 

 

“If…if we were together in a different universe…then why? Why are you in this universe and not there with me in the other one? What…happened?” Taeyeon paused trying to remember what Jessica told her not too long ago. “You said we had an argument?”

 

 

The grip Jessica had on Taeyeon’s shirt tightened, making her look down at Jessica.

 

 

“Sica?” Taeyeon called out to the girl.

 

 

Jessica didn’t respond.

 

 

Worried, Taeyeon lifted her head up from armrest, but she quickly settled back down when Jessica started speaking.

 

 

“I…before I ran away, we were celebrating Krystal’s birthday. You being your caring self, you prepared everything for the birthday party while I was…busy working in my office.” Jessica said regrettably. “You…weren’t too pleased that I was working during our daughter’s birthday and…and you got mad at me. We started fighting.

 

 

“At that time…I was stressed and very exhausted. I’ve only had a shut eye for less than three hours, so when you started scolding me and yelling at me, I…I just lost my temper. I ended up saying hurtful words about…about our daughter and about our family.” Jessica paused for a moment trying to collect herself. She was becoming more and more emotional as she recalled the events of that night and the cruel things she said about her family.

 

 

“I—I said that my work was more important than Krystal’s birthday. That-that I was willing to ditch my own daughter’s birthday party for the sake of my work.” Jessica choked on a sob. A tear have escaped her eye. “I-I even denied her as my child. She isn’t my child biologically but she’s still my child. But even so, I still denied her because I wanted to spite you. Can you believe it? I actually said that about my daughter. I denied my own daughter. How awful can I be?” Jessica bit her bottom lip bitterly. By this time, tears were trickling down the side of her face.

 

 

“I’m such a horrible mother.” She managed to squeak out through her tears.

 

 

“No you’re not.” Taeyeon said defensively, squeezing Jessica’s arm tenderly.

 

 

“Yes I am. I’m a heartless and cruel mother.” Jessica openly condemned herself. She hated herself.

 

 

“You know what? I deserve all of this.” She said all of a sudden. “Everything horrible that has happened to me thus far, I deserve all of it.” Taeyeon sat up and stared at Jessica worriedly. “I deserve to be hurt and to be punished because I don’t know how to appreciate the good things in life. I took everything I love for granted and I deserve to be punished for it.”

 

 

An epiphany came to Jessica.

 

 

She pushed herself off from Taeyeon, startling the latter.

 

 

“I—I don’t deserve you. I don’t deserve your love.” Jessica said hastily as she untangled herself from Taeyeon’s arms.

 

 

“Sica—” Taeyeon tried stopping Jessica but Jessica wouldn’t budge. She was adamant on getting away from her.

 

 

“What the hell am I doing?” Jessica asked herself in disbelief. “I—I don’t deserve to be loved. I don’t deserve happiness. I don’t deserve any of this.”

 

 

Taeyeon sat up and stared worriedly at Jessica’s shaken form. Jessica’s odd demeanor was scaring her. Clearly, Jessica felt remorse about her previous behavior, but she’s taking it out of control. Jessica’s condemning herself so much that Taeyeon doesn’t know how to console the latter.

 

 

“Sica, what are you saying?” Taeyeon asked as she held to one of Jessica’s hands.

 

 

“I-I need to atone for my sins. This—this isn’t right.” She looked at Taeyeon with tearful and remorseful eyes. “I don’t deserve you, Taeyeon.”

 

 

“What?” Taeyeon was confused.

 

 

“I’m sorry.” Jessica pulled her hand away from Taeyeon’s grasp and grabbed her things along the way before rushing out the door.

 

 

“Sica!” Taeyeon quickly grabbed her things as well and followed the fleeing girl.

 

 

Jessica ran as fast as she could down the stairwell while Taeyeon tailed not too far behind from her.

 

 

“Sica!” Taeyeon called out again.

 

 

Jessica ignored her calls and continued running. Amidst the running, Jessica didn’t notice another person walking towards her direction. The two ended up colliding with each other causing Jessica to fall on her bottom. The other person fell as well.

Taeyeon saw the entire thing and quickly hurried to Jessica’s side.

 

 

“Sica-ah.” Taeyeon kneeled down next to her and helped her up.

 

 

The other person was irate about Jessica’s clumsiness. Taeyeon could only bow and apologize for Jessica's mistake as the other person stomped away.

 

 

“Sica-ah, are you alright?”

 

 

Jessica remained unresponsive.

 

 

Worried that Jessica was hurt, Taeyeon searched Jessica’s body for any scrapes or scratches that she could have gotten from the collision. Thank goodness, there were no serious injuries, just a small scrape on her palm when she fell. Sighing some, Taeyeon took out her blue handkerchief from her pocket and began gently dabbing Jessica’s wound with it.

 

 

Jessica watched in awe and guilt as Taeyeon tended to her injury. Why is Taeyeon being nice to her? Doesn’t she hate her for being so heartless towards her daughter? Jessica hates herself for it. She despises herself for being cold towards her own family and for saying those hurtful things about her daughter. But Taeyeon…she’s being too nice, too forgiving when she needs to be punished. If Taeyeon won’t punish her, then she’ll just have to punish herself.

 

 

Jessica pulled her hand away from Taeyeon’s hand, causing the surface of the handkerchief to roughly scratch her wound. Jessica winced in pain. Taeyeon was about to take hold of her hand again, when she pushed herself away from Taeyeon and began limping away.

 

 

Taeyeon quickly followed the girl.

 

 

Jessica stopped when she felt Taeyeon lingering behind her.

 

 

“Stop following me.” Jessica said as she continued walking.

 

 

“I can’t.”

 

 

Jessica whirled around and snapped her gaze towards Taeyeon.

 

 

“Why?” She said through gritted teeth. Her eyes were b with tears again. She was really confused at Taeyeon's behavior. “Why don’t you hate me? Did you not hear what I did? I’m a horrible person. To be able to stomach it all and say all those mean words to our daughter is the most atrocious thing a person—a mother—could ever do to their own child. So why…? Why don’t you hate me!? Please hate me!" Jessica shouted.

 

 

Taeyeon just flashed Jessica a sad smile. She felt for Jessica. From what she can see, Jessica truly regrets what she has done and for that, how can she be angry at her? Plus, she loves the girl too much to harbor such awful feelings towards her. She can never do that. Not to Jessica at least.

 

 

Taeyeon took tentative steps towards Jessica, afraid that the girl might run away if she does anything hastily. She continued on when the latter stayed rooted in her place. Gently, she wrapped her arms around Jessica shoulders and pulled her close. Jessica didn’t resist and allowed Taeyeon to embrace her. Jessica immediately fell for her warm embrace.

 

 

Taeyeon brought her lips close to Jessica’s ear. “Jessica, how can I hate you when I love you so much?”

 

 

Jessica froze. S-she loves her? She began getting teary again. 

 

 

“Y-you love me?” Jessica squeaked out.

 

 

“I love you.” Taeyeon repeated.

 

 

Jessica’s heart swelled with joy. She gripped onto Taeyeon's shirt tightly and buried her face in Taeyeon's neck.

 

 

Taeyeon smiled a gentle smile through Jessica's brown locks. “You regret it don’t you? You regret what you did to Krystal?” Jessica nodded. “Then that’s enough. As long as you learned your lesson, that’s enough for me to forgive you. I’m sure Krystal forgives you too.”

 

 

Jessica pulled away slightly without breaking the hug and stared through Taeyeon’s eyes with wonderment. 

 

 

Taeyeon smiled gently at Jessica and caressed her cheek tenderly with her palm. “We forgive you, Jessica. We know you didn’t mean it.” Touched by Taeyeon’s selfless love, more tears fell from Jessica’s eyes. Taeyeon gently wiped the onslaught of tears from her face and whispered. “If you truly regret what you did, then make it up to her. Make it up to the Krystal in this universe and shower her all the affection you harbor for her. Make her feel special and show her how much her mother cares for her. Show her you love her, Jessica...then forgive yourself because...we already forgave you.”

 

 

Jessica nodded vigorously.

 

 

Flashing her another gentle smile, Jessica can't help but break down once more. 

 

 

She realized, even in this universe, Taeyeon is still her kind and forgiving self. She's still her Taeyeon.

 

 

End of Part 4.1

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A/N:  Okay, this isn't the ending yet. I'm having a bit of a difficulty with the other half of part 4 that's why it took me this long to post this up. I just decided to put up half of the final part because I feel like it's unfair to make you guys wait any longer. Hopefully, I'll get to finish the rest of part 4 tomorrow. Wish me luck! Anyway, tell me what you think of the first half. Good night!

 

Comments are very much appreciated! Thank you for reading and commenting! You guys are awesome! And welcome new readers! :)