One Kiss

One kiss, One heart

One Kiss


 

Ears perk up at the shrilling sound that resonated from a dark alleyway. Turning her head to the right, a waft of chilly air whips by, cutting through her already frozen skin, and sending her blonde tips swaying lightly along the breeze.

 

The draft brought with it a distinct scent that she could effortlessly recognize from miles away. This particular scent, however, has a unique smell to it. Her nose tingled with curiosity as she continued to sniff the alluring scent brought by the wind.

 

Her left foot rises, taking a step forward into the dark alley. Her right foot does the same, followed by her left foot, and then her right. Before long, her light steps already have her scurrying deeper into the murky alley and towards the scent.

 

Her feet come to a halt as she reaches the end of the alley, her eyes focusing on the two individuals sprawled on the floor; a woman lying with her back on the cold, wet ground, while a hooded figure sat atop of her, pinning both of her arms by the side of her head.

 

Her eyes don’t fail to take note of the woman’s jeans that were resting down her knees, the right sleeve of her pink blouse in tatters, and a crimson blood running down the side of her face.

 

Despite the heinous scene before her, she remains calm and unaffected.

 

She takes a step forward, but stops almost immediately when the girl’s eyes lock with her dead ones.

 

She stares blankly at the girl’s shaking eyes that were pleading and begging for her help.

 

She blinks nonchalantly.

 

Still staring at the girl’s eyes, she takes a step forward, then another, and another until she is finally standing right behind the man.

 

She tears her eyes away from the girl for a moment and shifts it to the back of the oblivious hooded man as he continued to ravage the girl’s chest with his mouth.

 

Curious eyes continue to stare at her as she leans forward and extends her hand towards the man. Grabbing a handful of the man’s coat, she pulls him off the girl in one swift motion, slamming him onto the brick wall thereafter. The man didn’t even stood a chance as he was quickly knocked out by the impact.

 

Without sparing a glance at the unconscious man, she moves forward, towards the immobile girl on the floor, the girl's wary eyes watching her every movement as she did so.

 

“W-wha…s-stay away…” The girl warned, her voice trembling with fear.

 

She disregards the girl’s warning and continues.

 

Standing by the girl’s arm, she knelt on one knee and lowered her head close to the girl’s face.

 

The girl’s eyes widen in alarm as she continues to lower her head until their faces were merely inches apart from each other.

 

“W-what are you doing…?” The girl on the ground stammers. 

 

The girl's face has become ashen, probably from fright.

 

Still, she gave no response. Instead, she tilts her head to the side and stares at the open wound on the side of the girl’s head with great interest.

 

Sniffing some, a smirk slowly curves on her face.

 

The girl must have noticed her smirk since her whole body has started shaking uncontrollably beneath her, but she paid no heed to the frightened girl.

 

Her lips parted slightly, her tongue slithering its way out of . She was only an inch away from tasting the blood when suddenly, she heard whimpering from below her. She pulls away slightly and looks at the girl.

 

The girl's eyes were clamped shut, streams of tears slipping through the slits as it rolled down her porcelain white cheeks, mixing with the blood on the side of her face.

 

Her eyes shifted to the girl’s trembling lips. They were shaking profusely.

 

That’s when she noticed the small cut on her lower lip. Blood was seeping out and accumulating on her lip.

 

Her onyx eyes briefly turns crimson red at the alluring sight before quickly flickering back to black.

 

Her gaze lingers for a while at the open cut, admiring the crimson paint on her lips.

 

Her blood began rushing with excitement.

 

She wants it...she wants to it so badly. 

 

The sight was tempting. Very, very tempting indeed. Just the imagination of how it would feel to taste it in her tongue was already driving her nuts. What more if she actually got a taste of it? She might just explode.

 

Her eyes flicker back and forth from black to red as she continues to lust after it, until finally, it settles on solid red.

 

Her heart beat speeds up frantically and her breath becomes ragged.

 

She told herself a long time ago that she would never drink blood from a human ever again and so far she has maintained a perfect self control over the years. But for some unknown reason she…this girl…she is very hard to resist. There's something about the girl that she finds very attracting. She hasn't figured it out yet.

 

A force began pulling her forward. She feels herself moving closer towards the girl's shaking lips.

 

Before she knows it, their lips connect.

 

The quivering lips underneath hers freezes in an instant. She takes this as a sign to continue.

 

Her tongue slithers out from her warm cavern. Slowly, she moves her tongue and the blood that has accumulated on the girl's swollen lip.

 

The second the crimson liquid made contact with her tongue, an explosion of warmth surged throughout her entire frozen body, rushing all the way down to the tips of her fingers and toes. Her senses have gone berserk at the unexplainable taste she had just experienced. Never has she tasted anything like this before. No animal blood or human blood she has come across with in the past could compare to the one she had just had the opportunity to taste. It was unlike any other.

 

Eager, she lunges again, capturing the girl's lips roughly and the blood out of its hiding place. 

 

Her heart…her frozen, beatless, stiff heart overflowed with emotions she thought she has already forgotten. Feelings she thought had vanished long ago along with her humanity sprouted within her, filling her empty being. It felt odd having these emotions and sensations back, but surprisingly, she likes it.

 

She pulls back slightly and marvels the girl beneath her who just laid there unmoving staring back at her with frightened eyes.

 

What are you? She wonders with amazement.

 

The girl blinks.

 

Gently, she reaches for the girl's cheeks with her right palm and caresses it gently with her thumb.

 

The girl stays motionless awaiting the next movement from her with bated breath.

 

She slowly lowers her head down, her eyes never disconnecting with the girl's eyes.

 

Only when she was just an inch away from the girl's face did she tore her gaze away from the girl and shifted it back down to the girl's pale lips.

 

The overwhelming feelings comes rushing back at the sight of the open cut.

 

Without another thought, she surges forward once more, capturing the girl's lips. She engulfs the girl's bottom lip inside , out its contents.

 

Her right palm reaches for the girl’s face and tilts it towards her direction for a better access.

 

She parts her lips once more and this time, she gently takes in the full lip into . She keeps it in for while longer, her tongue caressing the cut softly, enjoying the wonderful feeling it brings every time her tongue makes contact with the crimson liquid.

 

As she moved her lips, she could feel some sort of movement from the girl as well. Maybe it was just her imagination playing tricks on her, but at one point, she thought she actually felt the girl’s lips move in sync with her own. She just shrugged it off as she didn’t really mind as long as she wasn’t being pushed away.

 

She continued her minstration until she was satisfied.

 

After she's had her fill, she gently pulls away from the wonderous lips and tilts her head back to catch her breath.

 

Her eyes fluttered open. She did not realize her eyes have been shut all this while. She concluded that she must have been greatly entranced by the wonderful taste of the girl's blood that everything around her just vanished.

 

Her eyes drops at the pale face before her for a moment. It eventually lowered down to the girl's swollen and reddened lips.

 

Her thumb gently her bottom lip while her inquisitive eyes marveled its beauty.

 

The touch of the girl's lip under her skin sent an electrical feeling though her heart. It wasn't a terrible feeling, more like a good sensation.

 

Without thought, she leans back down. Her eyes once again closing on its own as she plants a tender kiss on the girl’s stationary lips.

 

She pulls away and stares at the girl, waiting silently for a response.

 

No response ever came.

 

Her brows furrows in confusion. She expected her to at least open her eyes or attack her or something, but nothing happened. The girl continued to lay motionless on the cold, hard ground with her eyes tight shut.

 

She lets go of the girl’s face.

 

Her eyes widen unexpectedly when the girl’s head falls limp to the side.

 

Did she lose consciousness?

 

She raised a finger towards the girl’s face. Her index finger gently pokes the girl’s cheek to see if she was still conscious.

 

No movement.

 

.                                                                               

             

Shaking her head, she pulls back and rises hastily from the ground.

 

She stares blankly at the unconscious girl.

 

“I should just leave you here.”

 

Looking back one last time, she turns on her heels and begins walking away.

 

Not even four steps away, her nose picks up a whiff of her blood’s alluring scent.

 

A frown forms on her lips.

 

“D*mn it.” She curses under her breath.

 

She spun around and walked back to her body.

 

She stared down at her pale face.

 

“You’re lucky. If you didn’t smell good, I would have left you here in this dark alley all by yourself.” She told the unconscious girl. She stared at her as if waiting for a response.

 

The girl remained unresponsive.

 

Heaving out a sigh, she knelt down once more on her knee and carefully hoisted the girl over her shoulders.

 

As she slowly rise from the ground, her eyes drifts to the other figure lying not too far from her feet. She walked towards him and bent down. With one hand grasping the back of his coat, she picked him up from the ground.

 

“I can’t believe I’m doing this.”

 

Shaking her head one last time, she vanished.

 

======

 

Beep…beep…

 

Her eyes slowly flutters open. She blinks a couple of times as she tries to readjust her eyesight to her surroundings. The white ceiling gradually became apparent and so did everything else.

 

Turning her head slightly to the right, she sees a patient monitor beeping in intervals.

 

So that’s where the sound was coming from.

 

An IV stand stood beside it.

 

Her eyes trail the tube stemming from the IV, down to the needle sticking out from her forearm that lay limp atop her stomach.

 

She turns her head to the other side of the bed. Her eyes widen in surprise when she sees her younger sister sleeping soundly by her bedside.

 

Why is she here?

 

Wait.

 

Why am I here?

 

“Omo! Jessie! You’re awake!”

 

Before she could fully turn to the familiar loud, obnoxious voice, a pink blob attacked her.

 

Pain shot through her right arm as she got squeezed mercilessly by her friend.

 

“Yah! Tiff! Let go! It hurts!”

 

Hearing her cry of pain, Tiffany quickly lets go of her and steps back to give her space.

 

She glared menacingly at her friend.

 

“Omo, I’m so sorry Jessie.” Tiffany smiles sheepishly.

 

She just rolls her eyes.

 

Feeling the bed sheets moving, she diverts her gaze to her left.

 

Her younger sister was stirring awake.

 

Krystal lifted her head up from the bed and rubbed her eyes tiredly with the back of her hands.

 

“Krys…”

 

Krystal stiffens. She slowly pulls her hands away from her eyes and stares at her with wide eyes.

 

“Unnie…” Her eyes become teary and before she knew it, she was tackled once more to the bed, but this time by her sister.

 

Her sister starts sobbing on her chest, her hospital gown becoming damp by her tears.

 

She wraps an arm around her sister’s frame and rubs her back comfortingly with her palm.

 

“Sshh…it’s okay.” She cooed. “I’m okay.”

 

Krystal slowly pulls away from the hug and wipes her tears away.

 

Her sister’s pain and struggles were evident in her bloodshot eyes and huge bags under her eyes. She felt bad for causing her so much pain.

 

“U-unnie, you -sniff- don’t know h-how worried we were when w-we –sniff- heard you’ve been admitted to the hospital.”

 

“Yeah, we were really worried. A detective called us yesterday saying you’ve been attack by some ert. Thankfully, he didn’t…you know…touch you or anything.” Tiffany added.

 

Faint memories of what happened that night flashed through her mind.

 

She remembers how that man came out of nowhere and shoved her into the alley. He threatened to stab her with a knife if she didn’t comply and stay quiet. Of course she did what he asked of her for she didn’t want to get killed. If she dies, then Krystal will be left alone by herself. She couldn’t do that to her sister.

 

Then the man started shredding her clothes off. First he pulled on her blouse and ripped it until her chest was exposed. Then he pulled her pants down to her knees and…and…

 

Her eyes shut close instinctively at the gruesome memory.

 

“Unnie are you hurting somewhere?”

 

She hears her sister ask in a concerned tone. Her eyes shot open and falls on her sister's worried face.

 

“No, I’m fine. I just have a headache.” She lied and forced out a smile.

 

Tiffany was wrong. He did touch her, but she needn’t to tell them that. Krystal is already shaken up as it is. She doesn’t need to add to her worries.

 

“So...how did the detective find me in the alley?” She diverts the topic.

 

“Alley?” Tiffany questioned. “He didn’t found you in an alley, he found you outside the police station. You were lying unconsciously outside the steps with a man tied up next to you.”

 

Police station?

 

“When the man awoke, he confessed his wrongdoings to you, and the cops arrested him of course. To think about it, it was kind of odd that he admitted to his crime so easily. I mean, if I were the criminal I wouldn’t have admitted to it so easily. I guess his guilt ate him up.” Tiffany shrugged.

 

Her brows creased in the middle. If she remembers correctly, she passed out in an alley not in front of a police station. How did she get there then?

 

And as if on cue, she had a eureka moment.

 

The girl!

 

She remembers another girl with short dark hair and blonde tips! She came to rescue her...well at least she thought she came to rescue her. She…she knocked him out—the ert, that is, and she…

 

Her eyes immediately widen as the memories of the rest of the night comes crashing back to her.

 

She remembers now, everything that happened after the man has assaulted her. She…

 

...she kissed me…

 

Not only once, but several times.

 

Oddly enough, at one point, she found herself responding to it.

 

She brought her fingers up to her lower lip and traced it.

 

She recalled the kiss. It started out slow and gentle, but it gradually became rapid. There was urgency to her kisses but she wasn't violent about it. It was quite amiable and pleasant, the complete opposite of how she felt when the erted man kissed her.

 

Her finger halts at the cut.

 

Very gently, she it with her finger. As she does so, memories of the girl became vivid; her cold, pallid eyes that were as dark as the black night and her pale white skin that illuminated brightly under the moonlight. She looked like a human, but at the same time, she didn’t. She wasn’t sure what it was, but something was eerily different about her.

 

“Unnie?”

 

She awoke from her reverie at the sound of her sister’s voice.

 

She turns to her.

 

“Are you okay?” Her sister asks.

 

She nods, and flashes her sister a genuine smile. “I’m fine.”

 

A shadow from outside the window catches her eyes, but it disappears in a flash. She wondered what it was.

 

======

 

It has already been a week. A week since that incident, and she has yet to get over it…more likely get over her.

 

It was odd.

 

She can’t seem to stop thinking about her. Day and night, she’s the only thing running through her head which is a huge surprise in of itself. Often nothing ever runs through her head. It’s always vacant. She never thinks about anything for more than ten seconds or so. Well, she’s got no reason to anyway, hence why she lacks emotions that humans have. But why can’t she forget about her?

 

...and her lips?

 

Oh her lips.

 

Those lips that made her experience the most wonderful taste she has ever come across with in her entire lifetime.

 

Oh how she can’t stop thinking about them and how it made her feel incredibly warm inside.

 

...and her scent.

 

Her intoxicating scent that made her mind go haywire.

 

Oh how she can’t stop yearning and searching for that scent everywhere she go.

 

D*mn. What has happened to her. This is really bad. She shouldn't have drunk her blood. Nope. Bad move indeed.

 

Now she’s gone mad.

 

Mad about a mere mortal who probably doesn’t even know she exists.

 

Yup, totally insane.

 

Which probably explains why she’s hiding behind a tree at the moment, waiting for her human to come strolling out of the college gate. She’s been doing this every single day since the girl was released from the hospital. Oh, did she mention? She followed her to the hospital too. She pretty much followed her everywhere she went; to home, to school, to the supermarket, to the deli, to her friend’s house, and every other place she has visited this past week. It was tiring, but she didn’t mind. That's the funny thing about it, the fact that she didn't even mind blindly following some girl around day after day for a whole week.

 

Ridiculous.

 

It’s really unlike her to be doing this kind of thing. Never has she stalked a human before. She’s definitely gone crazy. Cuckoo in the head.

 

Her back jolts up from behind the tree as her nose picks up the familiar scent. She peeks from behind the tree and looks over towards the entrance.

 

And there she saw her. She was walking out of the gate, purse hanging by her arm and her friends tagging along beside her. Over the week of stalking and eavesdropping to their conversations, she has learned her friends' names to be Sooyoung and T-Ti-Tippany? Yeah, the girl has a weird name.

 

She has also learned the name of the girl with the enchanting scent as well.

 

Jeshika.

 

That's her name.

 

It's an odd name for a Korean, but nevertheless interesting. At least more interesting than that of the T-Tippany girl.

 

Her eyes widen in alarm when she realizes that the girls are approaching her hiding place. She quickly hides behind the tree and presses her back on the stem. She pulls the hood over her head and covers her face as much as she could to prevent the girls from noticing her.

 

The scent became stronger and stronger as she came nearer and nearer.

 

She holds herself back as hard as she could as the girls walk pass the tree she has been hiding at the entire time. It was a tough task to hold herself back. The girl’s scent drove her senses wild. It took a lot of effort on her part not to jump out of the tree and tackle the girl to the ground. Thank God, for her amazing self control.

 

After she and her friends turn the corner, she quickly sprints into action.

 

She jumps on the rooftop and hides behind a satellite dish. From above, her hawk-like eyes watched the girl’s every move. The three friends continued to talk about nonsense as they walked down the street.

 

When they all turned to the next street, she comes out from behind the satellite dish and jumps to the next rooftop.

 

She followed her throughout the entire afternoon while the girl tended to her various chores and activities of the day. It was quite boring actually. Nothing interesting happened. Actually, nothing interesting ever happened this past week.

 

She doesn’t even know why she persisted on tagging along. It doesn’t even make any sense. But, it’s not like she can do anything about it. Her body has a mind of its own. Her nose wants to follow her and so does her legs.

 

======

 

It was eight in the evening when her tutoring session ended. Now she’s on the subway heading home to her flat that she shares with her sister and her best friend.

 

“Yes, Krystal. I’m on my way home. No, I’m not walking, I’ve taken the subway. Yes. I’ll be careful. Don’t worry, all right? Just make sure Tiffany doesn’t burn the kitchen down again like last time.” She grimaced at the thought. “Alright, see you in a little bit. Bye.”

 

As soon as she hung up, the subway doors open to her stop. She slips the phone back in her purse and steps out. As she does, a chilly wind blows by making the hairs on the back of her neck rise. She shivers and pulls her coat collar up to cover her neck.

 

She starts walking towards home.

 

Their flat is only three blocks away from the subway station. Although it may not seem that far, the blocks are quite lengthy, thus making it an arduous trip.

 

As she walks, she keeps her senses vigilant for anything. She doesn’t want the same incident to happen to her again. The first one was traumatizing enough.

 

Two more blocks, she noted.

 

She’s almost home.

 

She smiles at the thought.

 

Out of nowhere, a group of drunken men stumbles out of a ramen shop, almost colliding with her and knocking her down. Thankfully, she was quick on her feet and she was able to bypass them before any of the men could hit her. With her head down low, she clutches her purse tightly to her chest and briskly walks away from the men.

 

She peeks over her shoulder to see if the men were following her. She heaves a sigh of relief when she sees them walking—well more like fumbling—towards the opposite direction. Something was odd though. It's as if the group got smaller from the first time she saw them. However, she shrugs it off and passes it off as a figment of her imagination.

 

She continues on her journey to home.

 

One more block, she noted.

 

She could already see their building from where she was.

 

She smiles.

 

That smile doesn’t last long though.

 

She stiffens at the sound of snickering and the reek of alcohol behind her.

 

She looks over her shoulder and is shock to see the two men from the ramen shop earlier approaching her.

 

“Hey, preeeetty~ Whhhy are you walking home all by yourself?” The man slurs as he attempts to give her a failed wink.

 

She disregards him and quickly turns away and makes a sprint for her apartment.

 

She shrieks when she bumps into another man in front of her. The man quickly covers with his callous hands and pushes her into a dark street where the street lamps didn’t work.

 

He shoves her violently on the wall, making her cry in pain.

 

“Ssshhh, be quiet little lady. You don’t want to wake the neighbors do you? Unless you want to get hurt that is.” He fishes a pocketknife from his back pocket and flips it open.

 

Her eyes widen in fright at the sight of the glinting knife. She starts squirming and screaming under the man’s grasp. However, her screams were muffled by the man’s palm.

 

The two other men approaches them.

 

“Hey, guys. It seems like this girl right here is the same girl that was attacked last week.” One man commented.

 

“Is she really now?” The man pinning her down asked over his shoulder.

 

The two men behind him nods.

 

Her returns his gaze back to her and smirks.

 

“Well, well. Aren’t you a lucky soul.” He remarks. The two other men laugh along with him. The smile falls from his face and his expression suddenly becomes serious. “You two. Keep watch. I get the first ride.”

 

The two men groaned but soon relented after he flashes them a glare.

 

The man’s eyes fall back on her.

 

“Now you and I are going to have some fun.” He smiles evilly.

 

Tears starts falling from her eyes.

 

No! Not again!

 

She shuts her eyes close and prays for someone to save her.

 

Someone! Anyone! Please help!

 

And as if God heard her prayer, the man pinning her down is yanked off of her. She feels the weight on her disappear. She slowly opens her eyes just in time to see the same blonde tip girl from last week throw the man across the street. His back bounced off the broken street lamp and he falls to the ground with a loud thud. He lies there lifelessly.

 

Seeing what happened to their friend, the two other men glanced at each other knowingly before making a run for it.

 

The girl, however, doesn’t let them escape. She throws a punch and a kick to both of them. Before long, the two found themselves lying on the concrete ground beside their friend.

 

After she was done, the blonde tip girl turns around and looks at her.

 

She freezes under her intense gaze. The mysterious girl stares at her with unnerving eyes, making her knees weak all of a sudden, but she doesn’t shy away.

 

The girl takes a step forward and starts to make her way towards her.

 

Oddly enough, she doesn’t runaway. She stands her ground and waits for her approach.

 

The girl keeps walking towards her until she was only an arm’s length away.

 

She was surprised to find that the girl was taller than her, only by inch or two. Although there isn’t any significant difference in their heights, she feels as the though the girl is towering over her. It was probably due to her intimidating presence.

 

She gulps.

 

Her eyes flicker to the girl’s own.

 

Her heart palpitates wildly inside her ribcage and she can't help but stare in awe at the girl's dark orbs.

 

Those eyes…those dark eyes of hers make her feel as though she’s staring straight through her soul. They’re so cold and lifeless, yet she can’t help but get entranced by it. There was something about them that were different from any other people she has met. It pulls her in. She...she can’t look away. She doesn't want to.

 

Her hand rises to touch her face, but stops immediately when she realizes what she was doing. She pulls her hand back down and puts it behind her back.

 

She blinks and lowers her gaze to avoid eye contact.

 

“W-who are you?” She stammers.

 

The girl doesn’t respond.  

 

She takes a quick glance at the girl's face. Her expression hasn't change at all. She quickly looks away before she gets bewitched by those gleaming black orbs of hers.

 

“W-what are you going to do to me?”

 

Still, the mysterious girl gives no response.

 

The girl unexpectedly takes a step forward, jolting her head up to look at her.

 

Her eyes falls back on the girl's unnerving eyes.

 

She takes another step, and another, and another. 

 

Gosh she was so close to her. She was so close that she could feel her hot breath brush across her cheek.

 

She gulps again.

 

All this while, her legs have been shaking nonstop and her heart has been pounding loudly. She was scared out of her wit. The things she could do to her was limitless. What if she assaults her like those other men did? Or worse, what if she kills her? She had no problem beating those men up. Killing a girl won’t be much of a hassle at all.

 

She tries to move back even more even though it was impossible. She was completely trapped. Nowhere to escape.

 

“P-please don’t kill me!” She begs.

 

The girl doesn’t speak. Instead, she raises a hand and places her palm on the wall beside her face.

 

She glances at the arm warily, but quickly shifts her gaze back to the girl’s face.

 

Her eyes widen at the next thing she did.

 

The mysterious girl started inching her face closer to her.

 

Her eyes fall on the mysterious girl’s lips.

 

Without thought, her eyes close on their own.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


A/N: What do you guys think? If you like it please press the arrow thingy next to the title. Thank you!

Comments are very much appreciated! Thank you for reading and subscribing! =]