Wish Part 2

One kiss, One heart

 

Wish

 

Part 2

 

 

After walking aimlessly for hours, Jessica finally decided to head back to the apartment. She wasn’t ready to face Taeyeon and everyone yet, but she was tired and she just wants to rest in her comfortable bed.

 

 

Jessica sighed.    

 

                

She dug her hand inside her pocket and that’s when she realized that she has forgotten to bring her keys with her before she stormed out of the apartment.

 

 

And she has forgotten to bring her cell phone as well. 

 

 

D*mn it.

 

 

Now she’s stuck down here.

 

 

Maybe I could just stay at Sooyoung’s—

 

 

She heard footsteps behind her.

 

 

She turned around was surprised to see Taeyeon.

 

 

“T-Taeyeon?”

 

 

The girl didn’t hear her for her ears were occupied with headphones. Taeyeon merely glanced at her direction, flashed an amiable smile, and walked past her.

 

 

Jessica blinked.

 

 

What the…

 

 

Is she giving me the silent treatment?

 

 

She watched as the girl continued to disregard her and proceeded to dig her hand inside her jean pocket, fishing out a key. She inserted the key into the keyhole and wriggled it in, turning it, and unlocking the lock.

 

 

She was about to go inside when Jessica latched at her arm.

 

 

The girl was startled and stared at Jessica alarmingly.

 

 

She took her headphones off and glanced warily at the hand on her arm. Her eyes then shifted to look at the face of the stranger.

 

 

“Uh…do you need something miss?” Taeyeon asked.

 

 

“T-Taeyeon. About earlier I—I’m sorry. I didn’t meant what I said. I was just…not in the right mind. I’m sorry.” Jessica said sincerely.

 

 

Taeyeon merely stared at her with a blank look on her face.

 

 

“Um, excuse me, but who are you?”

 

 

Jessica blinked.

 

 

Is she serious or is she just playing with me?

 

 

“Taeyeon. It’s me Jessica. Your wife?”

 

 

Jessica noticed Taeyeon’s brows deepening, a confused look etching on her face. She looked baffled.

 

 

“Wife?”

 

 

“Oh c’mon, quit the act. I know you’re just doing this because you’re still angry at me. Look, I’m really sorry about earlier Taeyeon. I really didn’t mean what I said. Of course, Krystal’s birthday is important to me too as it is to you. She’s our daughter after all. I just—”

 

 

“Woah, hold up. Our daughter? I don’t have a daughter and I don’t know who you are. I think you’ve mistaken me for someone else, miss. If you’ll excuse me, I’m leaving.”

 

 

Taeyeon snatched her arm back and proceeded to go inside. But before she could even get a foot inside the building, she was stopped again by Jessica. Jessica clung onto her arm and pulled her back out.

 

 

“Taeyeon-ah, stop this nonsense this instance! It’s not funny! If you’re still angry with me then just say it! Yell at me! Scold me! Anything but this! Whatever this is you’re doing!”

 

 

Taeyeon, infuriated by the gall of the stranger to touch her again, seized the stranger’s wrist and pried the stranger’s clutch from her arm. She glared at Jessica.

 

 

“Look, miss. I’m in hurry right now and in no mood to play games with you. So please leave me alone!”

 

 

Jessica was about to grab her arm again when Taeyeon snapped her gaze at her and barked at her. “Touch me again and I’ll call the cops!” She threatened. Taeyeon stared at her intensely making Jessica to cower in fright.

 

 

Jessica was petrified. This is the second time she’s seen Taeyeon this angry. She slowly withdrew her hand, afraid that Taeyeon might yell at her again. She opened to speak, but before she could do so, the door slammed right in front of her face.

 

 

Jessica stared at the door in disbelief.

 

 

“What in the world…”

 

 

“What just happened?”

 

 

She can’t believe Taeyeon actually shut the door on her. Taeyeon has never done anything rude like that to her. She has always been kind and gentle. This…this was just strange.

 

 

Jessica stood frozen outside the building, still stupefied by what just happened.

 

 

“Does Taeyeon really not know me or is she just ignoring me?” She wondered aloud.

 

 

Either way, both thoughts were making her heart nervous. She doesn’t like how Taeyeon’s treating her.

 

 

Not knowing what else to do, Jessica decided to spend the night at her cousin’s house instead.

 

 

======

 

 

It took her a while to get to her cousin’s house because she didn’t bring any money with her so she was forced to walk all the way there.

 

 

Jessica pressed the doorbell to her cousin’s house.

 

 

The door opened revealing—

 

 

“Tiffany?”

 

 

The raven-haired girl cocked her head to the side, confusion lurking her face.

 

 

“Uh, do I know you?” Tiffany asked unsurely.

 

 

“Yes, you do. It’s me Jessica.”

 

 

“I’m sorry, but I don’t think I’ve met you before.” Tiffany frowned.

 

 

“W-what are you talking about Fany? You know who I am!”

 

 

“Yeobo! Who’s at the door?!”

 

 

A familiar female voice called out from inside the house.

 

 

Yeobo!?

 

 

 

“Was that…Sooyoung?” Jessica asked in disbelief.

 

 

“You know Sooyoung?” Tiffany’s face was still masked with confusion. Then it fell and her expression twisted. “Wait. How do you know Sooyoung?” Tiffany’s tone turned cold and predatory all of a sudden. She narrowed her eyes at Jessica suspiciously, eyeing her from head to toe, as if sizing her up. This made Jessica feel uncomfortable.

 

 

“I-I’m her cousin.” Jessica quickly explained.

 

 

Hearing that, Tiffany’s cold stare melted into a soft and inviting one; her glare turning into crescents, and twitching into a full-blown smile.

 

 

“Ah! Are you really? Let me go get Sooyoung then! Please come in!”

 

 

Tiffany welcomed Jessica into the house like family.

 

 

“Sooyoung-ah! Your cousin is here!”

 

 

“My cousin?!”

 

 

Sooyoung asked incredulously as she came rushing out of the kitchen with an apron tied around her waist and a spatula on one hand.

 

 

“Omo! Jessica! You’re really here! Long time no see cuz!” Sooyoung ran over to Jessica and engulfed the shorter girl into a bear hug.

 

 

“Woah! Hey there Sooyoung.” Jessica greeted back awkwardly. Long time no see? But she was only gone for three hours. Jessica decided not to question it.

 

 

Sooyoung broke the hug and motioned for Jessica to sit down on the couch, which Jessica did.

 

 

“By the way. Jessica, this is Tiffany. Tiffany this is Jessica, my cousin from the States that I’ve told you about.”

 

 

“I know her already.” Jessica retorted.

 

 

“Yeah, sweetie. We just met at the door, silly!” Tiffany giggled pinching Sooyoung’s arm.

 

 

Sooyoung laughed along and kissed Tiffany on the lips.

 

 

Jessica was appalled.

 

 

A-re they cheating on Yuri and Sunny?!

 

 

She was brought back from her thoughts when she heard her cousin speak.

 

 

“So, what brings you back to South Korea cuz? Are you here on vacation? Did you come here with your boyfriend? Where are you staying? How did you know where I live?”

 

 

So many questions were fired at Jessica at once but none of them made any sense to her.

 

 

“I never left South Korea.” She finally said.

 

 

Sooyoung blinked. Then she broke out into a laugh.

 

 

“Good one Jessica!”

 

 

Jessica furrowed her brows.

 

 

What the hell?

 

 

Is Sooyoung playing a prank on her?

 

 

Jessica decided to disregard the sudden outburst and proceed with her question instead.

 

 

“Yah, what the heck is going on with Taeyeon? Why is she ignoring me? Did something happen at home after I left?”

 

 

It was Sooyoung’s turn to be confused.

 

 

“Taeyeon? You mean, Kim Taeyeon?”

 

 

“Yeah. Of course. Who else could I be talking about?”

 

 

“How do you know Taeyeon?” Sooyoung asked curiously, oblivious to Jessica’s rising temper.

 

 

“She’s my wife!”

 

 

Sooyoung stared at her for a second before erupting into another fit of laughter, this time Tiffany was laughing along with her.

 

 

What was funny about what she just said, Jessica doesn’t know. She was baffled by their odd reactions.

 

 

Their laughs soon subsided when they noticed the serious look on Jessica’s face.

 

 

“Wait, you’re serious?” Sooyoung asked.

 

 

“Yes! I’m serious!” Jessica finally exploded. She didn’t mean to burst but Sooyoung’s stupid questions was getting to her.

 

 

“Eh? But how could that be? Are you pulling my leg cuz?”

 

 

“What? I’m not pulling anything! Taeyeon really is my wife! You should already know this by now Sooyoung! And you too Tiffany!”

 

 

Tiffany’s eyes widened.

 

 

Sooyoung scratched her head. “Okay. I think you’ve gone crazy Jessica. Are you sure you’re alright? Did you hit your head or something when you got here?”

 

 

Sooyoung moved to touch her head for any bumps, but Jessica recoiled from the touch and slapped her hand away.

 

 

“Yah! Stop playing games with me! Why is everyone acting like Taeyeon and I aren’t together? First Taeyeon denies our relationship, then you deny it! What the hell?!”

 

 

“Woah, calm down Jessica. No one is denying anything. It’s just the truth. How could you possibly know Taeyeon when you haven’t visited South Korea for more than five years? You left five year ago, Jessica. Don’t you remember?”

 

 

“What?”

 

 

What is her cousin talking about? She never left South Korea, though she had planned to initially, but that’s before she met Taeyeon. After she fell in love with Taeyeon, and Taeyeon and her got together, she threw that idea out of the window completely.

 

 

“What are you talking about Sooyoung? I never left.”

 

 

“Yes you did! I was there at the airport when you departed! I was the one who sent you off! You left for LA and haven’t come back until now!”

 

 

No, no, no, no! This isn’t true!

 

 

“That’s not true. I-I’m married to Taeyeon! I have a daughter with her!”

 

 

“That’s impossible.”

 

 

“How is that impossible?”

 

 

“Because…because Taeyeon’s getting married in two weeks!”

 

 

Jessica’s mouth opened agape.

 

 

She was baffled. Completely baffled. She doesn’t know what’s going on anymore. How can Taeyeon be getting married in two weeks when she was already married to her! That’s absurd! Taeyeon is in love with her! She’ll never cheat on her!

 

 

Seriously, why is everybody denying her existence? And more importantly why is everyone denying her relationship with Taeyeon? It’s as if to everyone, Taeyeon and her never met!

 

 

As if Taeyeon and I never met.

 

 

Something sparked in Jessica’s mind.

 

 

She said something…something along that line.

 

 

I wish I never met you!

 

 

She remembers now! She said that! She said that before the incident at the pier happened, before she bumped into the old lady, and the whole lightening thing happened!

 

 

Wait a second, the old lady!

 

 

She said something…

 

 

What did she say?

 

 

Jessica racked her brain for the memory from this afternoon.

 

 

“Be careful what you wish for in that head of yours young lady, or you might just get your wish.”

 

 

That’s it!

 

 

Oh my God! Did the old lady do something?! Did she curse me or something?! Oh my God she totally did!

 

 

Jessica turned to her cousin and stared at her with shaky eyes. “Sooyoung…I-I just had an epiphany.”

 

 

“Huh?”

 

 

“I-I think…I’ve been cursed.”

 

 

Sooyoung almost choked on her water.

 

 

“I think your cousin has gone mad.”

 

 

Jessica heard Tiffany whisper into Sooyoung’s ear. Sooyoung nodded in agreement.

 

 

“Jessica, are you sure you’re alright? Do your parents know you’re back here in Korea? M-maybe I should give them a call—”

 

 

“No!” Jessica grabbed Sooyoung’s arm when she moved to grab the phone. “I’m not crazy I swear! If you truly care about me hear me out okay?”

 

 

Sooyoung stared at her for a moment, contemplating whether she should listen to Jessica.

 

 

She sighed and sat back down.

 

 

“Thank you.” Jessica smiled in relief.

 

 

“Okay. Speak. What is going on with you Jessica?”

 

 

“Promise me you won’t think freak out or think I’m crazy and that you’ll listen to the whole story until the very end.”

 

 

“O-okay. I promise.”

 

 

Jessica took a big breath before starting her story. She told Sooyoung and Tiffany everything; from the fight with Taeyeon, to the old lady at the pier, the random lightening, her interaction with Taeyeon afterwards, up to now. As Sooyoung promised, she kept an open mind as she listened to her cousin’s story, never interrupting until Jessica finished.

 

 

“And now I’m here, talking to you two and trying to make sense of everything.”

 

 

Sooyoung kept mum for a few moment. That was a lot to take in. Everything Jessica said sounded so absurd, like it was from some kind of movie or drama of some sort. But…but she has to admit. If they were in an alternate universe, some of the things Jessica said could be plausible. From Jessica and Taeyeon being married, to having a child together sounded so…so like them. Jessica immersing herself with work also sounded like something her cousin would do if she was motivated enough. Taeyeon adopting a child without thought also sounded like something her friend would do. And her being in another relationship with another woman that’s not Tiffany also sounded plausible. The only discrepancy to Jessica’s story was the part about the old lady and the lightening. Could it really be possible? Could this world really not be the real world and was just something concocted by a higher being? Is that possible? It sounded so surreal, yet not impossible. At least not to her, that is.

 

 

“D*mn.” Sooyoung muttered as she stared down the coffee table.

 

 

“Sooyoung.”

 

 

Sooyoung looked up at her cousin.

 

 

“You have to help me.” Jessica pleaded. “I need to get Taeyeon back…and Krystal. I need them both back in my life. I-I need my life back.” Tears began to form in Jessica’s eyes.

 

 

Hurt and longing filled Jessica’s chest as she thought about the possibility of not getting her family back again.

 

 

If she was cursed, then she needs to fix it and make it right. She needs to fix this because…because life without Taeyeon is just unimaginable. When she said those words in her mind, it was only said out of spite. There was no sincerity in them. She doesn’t want this! She doesn’t want to be separated from Taeyeon—from her family! She needs them! They’re her life!

 

 

Tears poured down Jessica’s reddened cheeks. Soft sobs escaped her lips as she wept.

 

 

Sooyoung’s heart sank at the sight of her vulnerable cousin. Her cousin has always been strong. Seeing her so broken tore her own heart.

 

 

Sooyoung rose from her seat and went to Jessica’s side, engulfing her cousin into a hug.

 

 

“Sssh. Everything’s gonna be okay. I’ll help you, alright?” Sooyoung cooed as she caressed Jessica’s head.

 

 

Jessica nodded on Sooyoung’s shoulder as she wept.

 

 

======

 

 

The following morning, Jessica woke up with a throbbing pain in her head. It wasn’t much of a surprise since she cried herself to sleep last night. It was only expected that she’d get a headache.

 

 

“Aish.”

 

 

Jessica rolled on her back and massaged her temples with her thumb and her forefinger.

 

 

“Good morning.”

 

 

She heard someone say.

 

 

She opened an eye and peeked towards the door where she found Tiffany standing with a tray of breakfast in her arm.

Jessica sat up immediately and smiled weakly at Tiffany, in which Tiffany returned with a brighter one.

 

 

“Good morning.” Jessica greeted back.

 

 

“Sooyoung made you breakfast before she left. You should have them before they turn cold.” Tiffany suggested as she placed the tray of food by the foot of the bed.

 

 

“Thank you.” Jessica politely said before pulling the tray towards her and helping herself with some sausages.

 

 

She ate in silence while Tiffany watched her.

 

 

An awkward air filled the room, as no one knew what to say to the other. To Tiffany, Jessica is still a stranger. To Jessica, Tiffany is her friend, but she can’t say anything relevant since this Tiffany is technically not the Tiffany she befriended.

 

 

After a while, Jessica finally decided to break the tension.

 

 

“So…where did Sooyoung go?”

 

 

“Ah. She went back to the hospital to check on something real quickly. But she’ll be back soon.”

 

 

Jessica nodded.

 

 

Again, there was silence.

 

 

It lingered for a while longer before Tiffany broke it.

 

 

“So…um…last night, when you were telling us of your circumstance, you said in your world we were close?” Although Tiffany doesn’t completely believe Jessica’s story, she was curious of it.

 

 

Jessica nodded. “We were best friends to be exact.”

 

 

“Really?”

 

 

Jessica giggled at the amusement on Tiffany’s face.

 

 

“Yes, we were. Though we were complete opposites, you being the bright one and me being the introverted one, somehow we found solace with one another. We shared each other our problems, we were each other’s crying shoulders, and we…we always had each other’s back even though we fight a lot. But we always made up though. We can’t really stay mad at each other for more than a couple of hours. That’s how our friendship worked. It’s a weird friendship, but it worked out for us.” Jessica smiled.

 

 

“Wow. We were that close. Now I feel guilty for not being much of a help to you, considering we’re best friends and all.”

 

 

Jessica waved her off. “No, you’re a big help already. This…you giving me a chance and not casting me off as crazy is a huge help enough. I really appreciate it.

 

 

“It’s interesting actually. Even though you don’t know me, you’re still willing to help me. Somehow…you seem to emulate my best friend a lot even though you’re not really her, technically. Am I making any sense?”

 

 

“Yes. I understand what you mean. I don’t know why, but somehow I feel the inclination to help you. Maybe we are best friends after all.” Tiffany smiled, her eyes turning into beautiful crescents.

 

 

“And there goes the infamous eye smile that you always sport.” Jessica grinned.

 

 

Tiffany’s smile grew wider.

 

 

“By the way. In my world, you were also in a relationship with someone else.”

 

 

“W-what? Someone else other than Sooyoung? W-who?”

 

 

“Some tanned girl with a pretty face. She’s a heart-breaker though.”

 

 

Tiffany’s eyes went wide.

 

 

“I’m with a heart-breaker?! Why? How?”

 

 

“I introduced you two to each other.”

 

 

“Eh!? Why would you introduce your best friend to a heart-breaker?!” Tiffany asked as she smacked Jessica on the arm.

 

 

Jessica flinched. “And there goes your violent self.” She giggled causing Tiffany to giggle as well.

 

 

After they have calmed down, Jessica realized something.

 

 

“You know? Somehow…everyone seems to be the same. Your personalities haven’t changed at all. You and Sooyoung, I mean. Even your professions haven’t changed either. The only difference is the circumstance and our current relationships.”

 

 

A thought suddenly came to Jessica. “I wonder if…nah I’m sure Taeyeon is still the same Taeyeon I knew…right? Yeah, I’m sure she is…she just…doesn’t know me, is all.” Jessica chuckled bitterly. The smile fell off her face almost immediately, and a painful feeling surged through her chest.

 

 

Tiffany felt for her. She placed a palm on top of Jessica’s and tapped it gently.

 

 

“Everything will work out. Don’t worry.” She assured Jessica, offering her a warm smile.

 

 

======

 

 

When Sooyoung returned, the three of them headed to Taeyeon’s (and Jessica’s) apartment.

 

 

“Sooyoung.”

 

 

“Hm?”

 

 

“W-what do you have planned? Are you going to tell her what I told you last night?”

 

 

Sooyoung shook her head ‘no.’

 

 

“Then what are we doing?” Jessica was panicking. She was afraid Taeyeon might freak out when she sees her, considering that their meeting last night wasn’t really a good one.

 

 

“We’re just going to visit. Maybe if she sees you again something might jog her memory.” Sooyoung shrugged.

 

 

Jessica mentally face-palmed herself. That’s got to be the dumbest plan she has ever heard. But it’s not like she has any other plans so might as well just give this one a try. Who knows, by sheer luck, it might work.

 

 

Sooyoung pressed the doorbell.

 

 

They heard feet shuffling on the other side of the door. Before long, the door opened revealing Taeyeon.

 

 

“Hey Taeng.” Sooyoung gave Taeyeon a quick hug. So did Tiffany.

 

 

“Oh, hey Soo, Fany. What brings you guys here?”

 

 

“Ah, we came here to introduce you to you my cousin.”

 

 

Sooyoung tilted her body to the side, revealing Jessica behind her.

 

 

“Taeng, this is Jessica, my cousin.”

 

 

Taeyeon’s eyes went wide like saucers upon landing her gaze on Jessica’s form.

 

 

“YOU!”

 

 

Sooyoung played innocent.

 

 

“Oh. You know each other already?”

 

 

“S-she’s your cousin?” Taeyeon asked.

 

 

Sooyoung nodded.

 

 

“Say hi to my cousin, Taeng! She’s from the States!”

 

 

Taeyeon just continued to stare at Jessica. She couldn’t believe it. Who knew this crazy person was related to her best friend. Then again Sooyoung isn’t exactly normal either.

 

 

Jessica moved forward and extended her arm towards Taeyeon for a handshake.

 

 

Taeyeon stared at the hand but made no move to shake it.

 

 

This saddened Jessica. Taeyeon is still treating like a stranger.

 

 

She really doesn’t know me.

 

 

She thought bitterly.

 

 

She tried her best to suppress her sadness and portray an amiable smile instead.

 

 

“Yah, Taeyeon. What’s wrong with you? It’s not polite to reject a handshake.” Sooyoung scolded noticing Taeyeon’s hesitance.

 

 

Sooyoung nudged Taeyeon to shake her cousin’s hand. Taeyeon reluctantly did.

 

 

“Great! Now you guys are friends! Aren’t you going to invite us inside Taeng?”

 

 

Before Taeyeon could respond, Sooyoung invited herself in, pushing Taeyeon out of the way and pulling a giggling Tiffany along behind her.

 

 

Now it was just Taeyeon and Jessica alone by the doorway.

 

 

“Hello.” Jessica greeted awkwardly, forcing out a crooked smile.

 

 

Taeyeon narrowed her eyes at her, still wary of her intentions due to the incident that occurred between the two of them the night before.

 

 

Jessica gulped.

 

 

“Don’t think I don’t remember what happened last night. Just because you’re Sooyoung’s cousin doesn’t mean we’re immediately friends.” Taeyeon stated matter-of-factly, her arms crossing over her chest.

 

 

Jessica’s smile dropped from her face, disheartened by Taeyeon’s rejection towards her friendship. Her gaze shifted to the floor dejectedly.

 

 

“But.” Taeyeon continued.

 

 

Jessica lifted her head up upon hearing the ‘but’ and looked on expectantly, curious at what Taeyeon has to say.

 

 

“I’m willing to give you a chance.”

 

 

A smile lit up Jessica’s face.

 

 

======

 

 

Although Taeyeon said she’ll give her a chance, her behavior towards her doesn’t seem like she was giving her a chance at all. Most of the time when she tries to talk to her, Taeyeon would give short, cryptic responses or sometimes she’d just completely shut her off. And when she’d ask her to hang out, she’d always give her lame excuses to skip out on it.

 

 

“Hi Taeyeon.”

 

 

“What the—Jessica?”

 

 

“The one and only! How are you?”

 

 

“Fine, thank you. Uh…how did you get my number?”

 

 

“Sooyoung…she gave it to me.”

 

 

Jessica frowned when she heard Taeyeon groan on the other line.

 

 

“Why did you call? Do you need something?”

 

 

“I-uh-I just wanted to know if you were busy later today. If not, would you like to hang out?”

 

 

Taeyeon scratched the back of her neck uncomfortably. Jessica could tell that Taeyeon didn’t want to spend time with her from the hesitance of her responses and from the nonstop sighing.

 

 

“Uh, sorry but I’m meeting someone later this afternoon so I can’t hang out.”

 

 

Jessica’s heart sank from the rejection.

 

 

That’s what you said yesterday too. She thought bitterly.

 

 

“Oh. How about later tonight then?” She asked hopefully.

 

 

Another groan on Taeyeon’s end and another knife to Jessica’s heart.

 

 

“Can’t. I have work. I’m busy. Excuse me, but I have to go.”

 

 

And the line went dead.

 

 

That’s how their phone conversations always ended. And whenever she tries to approach her, she’d avoid her and walk away. The only time she could spend time with her is if Tiffany and/or Sooyoung was accompanying her. Taeyeon would never entertain her if it was only the two of them hanging out.

 

 

It was frustrating as hell for Jessica because Taeyeon isn’t even putting any effort to furthering their friendship even though she was doing her best to appease the girl. She can’t complain to Taeyeon about it because she doesn’t want to scare her away. The last thing she wants to do is for Taeyeon to avoid her all together. All she could do, and has been doing since then, is be patient and continue coaxing the girl into opening up to her.

 

 

“Hey Taeyeon!” Jessica greeted brightly. This was the first time she was visiting Taeyeon alone without Sooyoung or Tiffany.

 

 

Taeyeon forced out a tight smile when she saw Jessica standing in front of her apartment…at nine in the morning. Great. She thought.

 

 

“Uh, hi.”

 

 

“So…what are you up to right now?”

 

 

“Um, I was sleeping before you came.” Taeyeon explained, mild irritation evident in her voice.

 

 

Jessica didn’t miss it. Her smile faltered a bit. Although she was saddened that Taeyeon wasn’t too keen of her presence, she still forced herself to not to seem disappointed. That’s all she could do for now.

 

 

“Oh. I’m sorry. I thought you were already up.” She said. “You’re usually up by this time changing Krystal…” Jessica mumbled the last part.

 

 

“What?”

 

 

“What? Oh, um, nothing. Anyway, I’m sorry for disturbing you. I’ll just go. Goodbye.”

 

 

Jessica turned around to leave. She began walking towards the lift.

 

 

 

“Wait!”

 

 

Upon hearing Taeyeon’s voice, she turned around and looked at Taeyeon.

 

 

“Erm…would you like to come in a-and have breakfast with me?” Taeyeon asked shyly. Blush crept up her  face.

 

 

Although Jessica was confused at her change of heart, nevertheless, she was delighted by the offer and agreed right away.

 

 

 

That’s how she imagined it to go in her mind. Of course, not everything always goes the way you want it to. Life is not always a fairytale. Not everything ends in a happily ever after. Unfortunately for Jessica, things didn’t fair her way.

 

 

She heard a soft click behind her as the door to Taeyeon’s apartment closed.

 

 

With a heavy heart and a tear sliding down her cheek, she walked back towards the lift and headed back to Sooyoung and Tiffany’s house.

 

 

======

 

 

“Cuz?” Sooyoung asked as she knocked lightly on the door. She gently opened the door of the guest room and stuck her head inside to see if her cousin was still awake. To her dismay, her cousin was still awake…and she was crying.

 

 

“Oh. Uh. H-hey Soo.” Jessica sniffled. She looked away and quickly wiped her tear-stained cheeks with her palms. She didn’t want her cousin to worry. Once she rid of the tears, she turned towards Sooyoung and smiled. “You’re still awake.” She said with a smile.

 

 

Sooyoung frowned. “Sica.”  She strolled inside and sat next to her cousin on the bed. She wrapped an arm around her cousin’s shoulders and pulled her close. “What happened?” She gently asked.

 

 

“N-nothing.” Jessica said with a shaky voice. She looked away and blinked the tears away that were clouding her eyes again.

 

 

“Sica. How could this be nothing? You’re crying…again.”

 

 

This was the third time in a row she has seen her cousin crying in the middle of the night. The first night she just ignored it for she still felt uneasy around Jessica. But after getting to know her more and getting comfortable around her again, like how they used to when they were younger, Sooyoung couldn’t help but worry about her welfare. Jessica was her cousin after all. She loves and wants her to be happy, not sad.

 

 

“Is this about Taeyeon again?” She asked sighing.

 

 

Jessica looked up towards the ceiling, still trying to keep her tears from falling. Slowly, she nodded her head.

 

 

“Sica. You have to stop torturing yourself. You have to accept that Taeyeon…she…she’s not the Taeyeon that you knew. She’s not your wife anymore. You have to accept that.”

 

 

Jessica shook her head vehemently.

 

 

“No. I can’t. Taeyeon is my wife and she’ll always remain my wife.” Jessica insisted.

 

 

“Your denial is only hurting you, Sica. This isn’t right. You’re here hurting and where is Taeyeon? She’s out there not caring that you—her wife—is in constant pain whenever she brushes you off or ignore you. She’s causing you pain Jessica. You have to stop this. You can’t go on living life pinning for someone who will never see you as you see her.”

 

 

“No! She loves me! Taeyeon loves me! I know she does! S-she’s not hurting me on purpose! I made this happen! I took her for granted and now karma has come to bite me back! She loves me Sooyoung! I know she does!”

 

 

Sooyoung sighed. She knew she can’t win against Jessica when it comes to Taeyeon. Her beautiful cousin is too stupidly in love with her oblivious midget of a friend.

 

 

“I know Sica. I know she loves you too. I just want you to be happy again. I don’t want to see you cry.”

 

 

“I-I just can’t help it. I got used to having her by my side all the time. Without her, I just feel so…lost and empty. I’ve never felt so lonely in my life. I-just want her to be with me again. I want her to hold me and tell me that everything’s going to be okay. Sooyoung…I-I just want her back. I want her to be my wife again. I want my life back!”

 

 

Tears poured down Jessica’s eyes again. She clutched onto her cousin’s shirt and cried on her shoulder.

 

 

Sooyoung knew nothing she could do or say would soothe the girl. So instead of saying anything, she just pulled her cousin close and engulfed her in a tight hug.

 

 

End of Part 2

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A/N: Well, there goes part 2! What do you guys think? I probably won't be able to update part 3 until Monday. I have to write my essay tomorrow. -__- My last essay of the spring semester. Sigh. To all my Second Chance readers, I will try to update that soon! I've written 3/4 of the next chapte already! As for Secret Lover, unfortunately, it's still on hiatus. Sorry!

 

Anyway, comments are very much appreciated! Thank you for reading and subscribing! You guys are awesome! =]

 

Oh, and Happy Mother's Day! :)