Amazed...

Waiting for...Mr Right

“No appa I won’t go…especially with him.” You said as you took a small bite out of an all-green sandwich. Something you came up with ever since you were a young girl. Creativity being one your many attributes which contributed to your overall awesomeness. Finally turning back to face you’re Appa, seeing his face always irritated you, especially at how normal he always managed to project himself at times like this.

“Sungji, you’re going with Jaejoong to Uni and will come back with him, you have no choice or say.” He replied calmly, and carried on flicking through the morning newspaper, as if it was the norm.

“NO! People will think I know this guy…” you started to raise your voice, shuddering at the thought. Who would want to be caught in public with a person like that? It was bad enough that you had to face him every single day ever since your father actually had the nerve to make you end up with that oblivious idiot who apparently was too concerned with the placement of his tie. Rolling your eyes away from him thinking at how sad it was that he thought people would actually bother to take a second glance at him; scoffing a little you finished your healthy sandwich and swinged your backpack on, pulling down at the straps for a tighter grip. “Guess I will be leaving” you mumbled to yourself not looking back at your Appa as you set off to go Uni catching the nearest bus not caring about what your father said. It was about to close as you saw a person put their folder in-between the door and opened in the nick of time. You let out a small groan as you saw the person emerge into view smirking your way, then come sit right next beside you. As if there was no other space on the bus he happened to choose the one beside you.

Letting it slide past you faced away from him and concentrated onto the view of the grubby, stained window. Hearing the exhaust splutter as normal you began your journey to school hoping no one would suspect the stranger beside you, by trying to act casually you stared intently at the boring view you practically saw everyday of your life. It was better than facing beside that new unwanted thing on the right.

Releasing a small sigh, you tried to keep calm and relieve yourself by constantly reminding yourself you wouldn’t be bothered by that insignificant being you were told to take care of for much longer. Endurance yes…I must endure. Taking a small peak at his face, he just sat there obediently not muttering a word making you grow curious but decided not to ask; and sat there tightly hoping if you could arrive there any quicker.  After what felt like a million-light-years you had finally arrived to the front of the school gate which was over flowing with students coming from all directions. Being in the centre of that ruckus you went with the flow and ended up miraculously at the front of your classroom.

“Well that was lucky..wonder why it’s so busy today?” you thought aloud and realised he wasn’t beside you, searching a little frantically round you. “Where’d he go?” you pondered then almost immediately stopped on your tracks as a rather creepy grin appeared on your face, not realising that getting rid of him was much easier than you thought. This was your ticket to freedom as you had lost him so early of the day, as if god had answered your prayers and was on your side from the start.

Putting yourself into a good mood, you pulled down on the straps of you backpack and slightly skipped to class and saw a bunch of girls hovering over something; like a beast about to devour its prey. Trying to take a peek at the poor creature you walked over to see what it was and nearly dropped you jaw at the revelation….

 

~

 

He sat there awkwardly not knowing what to say so smiled politely, nodding at the admiration he was receiving until he saw you, his eyes shot up and strode over to you not knowing what to do. Like a lost child going to its mother he came up to you. “Sungji-“Before you could utter a single phrase, girls scurried to circle him and face dauntingly at you. Looking at each of the individual faces, they’re expressions. One of the most unpleasant experiences you had ever faced. All stared at you threateningly, each gaze growing stronger and scarier by the second. Not knowing why the girls were looking at you so weirdly you instead took the pleasure and smiled gracefully at them for blocking him, preventing him from talking to you.

Wow he’s already got many fan girls, guess popularity is something he can easily achieve from the crazed females of this average school. Not that it affected you by the slightest. You were happy they took his attention away, less work for you right?

What looked like you were about to walk straight up to Jaejoong, instead you looked beyond him and sat on your seat ignoring the sad-sorrowful look, only present to you. Trying to hide your face behind a text book from all the penetrating death stares, feeling they could burn through the book and into your skin. What a pleasant sight.

 

~

 

“Right students, we have a new student named Kim Jaejoong. Please treat him well.” Our teacher spoke out softly as she nodded to him to come to the front. He quietly surfaced to the front and bowed to everyone and made a small introduction. “Hi, my names Kim Jaejoong.” girls squealed and roared in applause at how polite and handsome he was. Making you want to hurl. How they had no idea what he was really like.

A rude impulsive brat was the kinder words from my vocabulary to describe the likes of Kim Jaejoong. Funny how that’s also how I would describe Kris, as they both freakishly annoyed me in a similar way. However this guy tends to get on my nerves much more easily than my lil brat of a cuz. He wasn't exactly in my good books from how easily irritable he has been and doesn't seem to understand the distant I want and expect him to give me, through the simple actions I portray that even that Minnie could understand. (Minnie’s not too bright but hey he still understood things) Call about being clearly too thick and dense.

As he made his way back many girls started swooning and fathoming themselves as he gave them yet another polite smile. Damn, wonder what would happen if these girls actually had a conversation with the idiot. A small smile started b up to your lips as you imagined them fainting from what they called "hotness"...shallow freaks.

Engrossed in your own babbling thoughts you carried to drift far away from reality until a voice jolted you up from your crude thoughts. "Hey wanna go grab something to eat." Jaejoong said warmly, and offered to hold my bag as if I was his... Yeah... whatever I wouldn't be admitting that anytime soon. Hmph.

Cursing at myself for not paying attention in class as was too busy hoping something horrible would happen to that pabo. As to be honest why has his day been going so freaking well for him!? I just didn't get it. I had been here for half a year and no one bothered to talk to me, let a loan look at me twice. The attention he was receiving from being here for merely a few hours was just agonizingly annoying and completely unfair. Like is he trying to make me look bad on purpose?

Sighing and not being bothered to even have the will to think about it anymore you got up to leave muttering to him to not talk to you in front of anyone again. I feel worse than I already am and was perfectly fine without having these strong burning gazes that looked like it could put me straight through hell (sighs) How I wanted to claw that "gentle " look off his face right now. If only I wasn't in school and if only I hadn't promised to appa I would somehow make this work. Why did I have to promise the impossible. I refrained the urge of pushing his face away and focused on doing something more productive (well to me anyways) right now. Eating hehe. Life’s natural saviour.

Entering the cafeteria you sat down and began to eat your lunch. Those appetizing sandwiches your father had told the maids to make. Simply tasty and crust free. You took a large bite and began wondering what it would be like to have a girl as a friend. Things got pretty boring being alone. Having to do the same things every day; alone you just wanted to run out the school and chase your sadness & fears away out of this claustrophobic small town. And you certainly didn't want him to be with you. Starring at your hands you felt a wash of pain flow over you, making you lose your appetite. Not wanting to eat anymore you got and threw your food away and headed out of the cafeteria not wanting to be around people. Being around them made you feel sad and felt its best to be kept to yourself. Avoiding people will bring fewer problems to your life right? You already had many piling up unwillingly, your newest one being you’re least cherished.

 

                                                                                                        ~

 

Whilst walking lifelessly across the hall your ears perked up as music filled them gracefully. The melody brought an essence of life into you, a sense of happiness something you hadn’t felt in a long time. Your limbs followed without your will to the echoes of the sounds trembling through the halls. Bringing you up to a door you jerked it open slightly taking a peak at a guy strumming the strings of a guitar effortlessly, singing beautifully without faltering. As if that instrument had been made specifically for him, no one else but him, that’s how well he played. You didn’t know why but he looked particularly attractive at that moment. His light caramel hair swept to the side with a tinge of dark auburn running through the roots. The way he had positioned himself, playing the instrument with such ease made it near impossible to look elsewhere. After he had strummed the last note and ended it with a long pause he slowly fluttered his eyes open, lifting his head to see you, mouth open-wide.

 

Y-you” you both stuttered in sync, unable to tear away from each other’s shocked gazes.