Running...

Waiting for...Mr Right

Panting heavily as if your life depended on it, you ran. Not sparing a moment to look back at the place you formally knew as home. You searched your new surroundings for a safe place to hide from the devil that was currently in pursuit. Scanning the place from left to right until your eyes landed on a dark hollow oak tree, with low branches dragged across it. You hid their safely hidden against the mist of bushes. Turning right would lead you out of your hometown and into the big city, which you was hoping to use as your last resort if you were to be found by the unmentionable fool, who must be angered now since it has been an hour since he was ‘sent’ to chase you. The thought of it sent a satisfactory smile forming on your lips, imagining the pain and stress it must have caused him to chase after you, and not succeeding. It’s not your fault he’s chasing you, it’s not like you specifically instructed him to do such a difficult deed.  Blame Appa since he’s the one that want me married to the stranger I have never met in my life. All you knew was he was pretty tall and slender with a side swept fringe, died in a dark hazelnut shade whilst wearing a pair of dark shades to mask probably what was a pair of ‘un-attractive’ eyes.

You peered from the corner of the hollow tree to see whether it was the man sent to get you, but to your dismay you  saw no one and was getting a little tired and anxious from all the waiting. It was also getting a little dark and didn’t want to bump into anyone at this late hour. So you decided to get out of your safe hiding spot and trailed off quietly home deciding a route, onto how you will sneak into your home, without alarming your dear Appa or bodyguards for that matter. The thought of them capturing you sent shivers down your spine. Especially if it was the guard that was firstly chosen to go out and find you in the first place. You let out an exasperated sigh as you edged closer to home, scared and full of fear of what your father would say for you running away for the ‘nth’ time. You slowly crept in quietly avoiding the guards gazes who were patrolling the front gate as you slowly crept in through the back. Barely uttering a sound, you swiftly heaved yourself up from the floor and jumped past the fence, landing safely onto a patch of soil. Quickly dusting off any apparent dirt you hastily walked towards the back door and headed towards your room, hoping not to bump into your father.

As you hurriedly stepped over to your room, you bumped into a hard surface and fell onto the floor, the hard impact slightly dazing you. You looked up at what you just hit your head on which seemed to be the owner of a fair tall man looking down at you; with those familiar shades you swore you ran away from, previously. Regardless you stood up from the floor and pushed him to the side to enter your room.  From all that running, it had made you exhausted and the only thing you wanted to do right now was lie down at your big comfy bed, hoping to fall asleep soundly. This wasn’t what the dude in the shades wanted, as he stopped me from entering further into my room, as he had his foot at the door. You just sent him your signature glare clearly indicating your displeasure, hoping he would get the sign and move away, as you kicked his foot out of the way.  The stubborn guy, clearly not getting the message prevented you again from entering, however this time he stopped you by extending his arms out, as if your room was a ‘do not enter’ area for you. Finally giving up you sighed loudly, gritting your teeth from cursing out loudly to the ‘ever so nice’ gentlemen who seems to have lost his way and has ended up to your room and for some strange reason doesn’t want you to enter it.

“WHAT!” you exclaimed clearly annoyed at his existence. He didn’t even have the decency to reply, as he just smirked at your helpless self and heaved you up onto his back, casually walking over to what seemed like the dining room. You let out a soft grunt as you were avoiding that place since you knew your Appa will be waiting there. You gulped as your throat went a little dry. Imagining your fathers face was a frightening sight, but now knowing you were going to encounter it, it was hell itself. You stopped struggling to get out of the guy in the shades grasps, and started lightly punching his back. Cursing things into his ears, while he neither made a sound or facial expression. Thus annoying you more, you gave up and silently waited to be placed on a seat a few metres away from your father. The tension enveloped the atmosphere. Making it the room feel smaller and air tight, eventually making it impossible to breath. You reached out for a glass of water to calm your nerves. Drinking it continuously, hoping you could drown your troubles into that little glass of clear substance.

You caught your father looking at you from the corner of your eyes as he fed Kris. My small, insignificant nephew. You glared at the ‘little bundle of joy ‘as he happily clapped every time Appa fed him, displaying him a fully toothed smile, making your insides churn from pure disgust. He’s your father yet he treats that brat as more of a son than you are of being his actual blood related daughter. Resulting you to pout a little at the bond they had. Envying and wanting it for your own selfish needs.  

“Lee Sungji.” The man in charge stated as he finished feeding the younger, wiping the crevices of his mouth with a napkin then refocusing his vision back to you. “Run again and you will never be able to return, to what you used to call home.” He said in monotone voice, looking at you then away. Your jaw dropped at his words. Clearly shocked at the words that escaped your Appa’s mouth. The man that had raised you, your whole life.  Easily could state something so callous and ruthless.  “Mianhae.” Were the only words you had enough courage to let out of your mouth before you stopped your bottom lip from quivering from fear.

He got up from his seat and walked straight to you, his facial expressions and actions completely changed, as he embraced you into a small but meaningful hug. Shocking you again. “A-Appa” you stuttered as you had longed for the embracement of his arms.

But knowing him, these kind actions always consisted of a hidden motive underneath the warm exterior he seems to be creating currently; quite deceiving. Upon realization you suddenly got up, quietly escaping from the hug, rubbing your arms awkwardly looking away. “I’m not marrying him.” You said coldly, ruining the positive atmosphere he poorly tried to create, his efforts all wasted upon you. “Why.” He stated assertively rather than it being a question. You rolled your eyes away from him which landed on the person sitting a few seats away from you, who happens to be paying no attention to conversation. You scowled at that person before you muttered a few minor curses only audible for him to hear as you brushed past his seat before leaving the room, ignoring your father’s death threats as usual.

You went to lie down on your bed, on your stomach flat as you took a short sigh. That person creeping back into your mind, that face casually eating without an ounce of emotion. Who apparently seems to be paying more attention to the delectable food he is consuming rather than me. The girl who will become his future w..wi-

The words barely being able to be escape though your mouth, you cringed at the thought of becoming such a despicable, detestable thing. Making you swear an oath to yourself. I will never marry him in my life. No matter what Appa says. My life My rules. I love my Appa and everything but If Appa thinks I’m going to marry...that. He’s got another thing coming.

You heaved a small sigh before getting up lazily from your warm bed to get changed into a pair of comfortable PJ’s. Slowly preparing yourself to go to sleep, from having a tiring exhausting day, you stretched your arms before diving into your bed. A small smile forming as your troubled thoughts started to disappear, being replaced with pitch darkness, emptiness as you enter the surreal  world of slumber.

 However unknowingly did you know that you would wake up to the face of your...