Chapter 12

Honey Strawberry

“So! I don’t really care what Professor Jun has teaches you but from now on, this is my class and I’ll conduct it in my own way either you like it or not. Now i want you distribute the papers and answer all of the questions given within 30 minutes. You can leave the class after you finish answering it”

Boa pass the papers to everyone in the class and all of them frown when they look at the question.

“Mr Kim, i thought you are giving us a test and a quiz?” Yunho lift up the paper and the other students are nodding their head in agreement.

“I told you didn’t i? I’ll conduct this class in my own way. Now, chop chop! Finish it, faster”

“But Mr Kim, why are you asking about us? It’s just like a psychological test!” Hyuna asks as she writes down the answer

“Because i was a psychiatric. You don’t expect me to teach you how to swim do you?”

“Mr.Kim-‘’

“Mr Kim~ Mr Kim~ Stop calling like that. Don’t you feel awkward?” Said him in some mocking tone, he knows it already there are some students who doesn’t like him teach the class but that is way far from his concern. “Just call me by my name, but don’t get too comfortable and you do have to show me some respect”

“Umm... Heechul-shi. I’ve finished answering the question” Boa gets up from her table and put the paper on Heechul’s desk in front of the class.

“You may go now miss, oh i guess it’s better if you call me teacher” Said him without looking at the latter. “By the way, anyone know where’s this Lee Hyukjae? He didn’t come today”

“Yeah he didn’t come”

Today, they didn't have the usual lecturer in the lecture hall, instead they are all in the tutorial class

Not surprisingly, the class is almost deserted after the last student finished the entire questions. They took around five to ten minutes only to answer all of them and Heechul sit on his table, reading all the answer he got.

“Hmm... normal” He said as he puts all the papers on the right side of the table. However his eyes stick to a blank paper in front of him, only one student who didn’t come to his class.

“Lee Hyukjae” He forms a thin smile as he looks around the classroom “You tough guy. You really made it here, pushing yourself to the max and here you are”

 

-

 

The sweat in donghae’s forehead streams down until his chin and the frowns never leave his face. He’s never thought the uni is big enough for him to get lost for few times already. After reviewing some files with Leeteuk, he rushed to the medical faculty to search a particular guy. But to no avail he couldn’t find him at all. He is almost giving up until he saw a guy walking in front of him and holding a book written “Hyukjae” on top of it. He stands up abruptly and stops the black haired guy.

“I’m sorry, but do you know where’s Hyukjae is? You’re his friend right?”

“Oh, ah yeah, we’re from the same class. But i don’t know where he is though. He didn’t come today”

“Ohh really... thanks”

Donghae doesn’t know what to do. He wants to call Hyukjae so badly and say thousands of apologies toward the latter. For god sake, he tried to chase him last night and he tried to call him but he couldn’t bring himself to push the call button or click on the send icon. Man he hates himself for being such a coward right now. He made up his mind to beg for apologies face to face to Hyukjae but guess the angel is protecting Hyukjae from meeting him today.

He feels awful, and the look in Hyukjae eyes last night is driving him crazy. He still remembers those eyes which made him stuck on his feet for a good 5 minutes before he could run to chase the latter. After what Julian had said, Donghae can see how shocked Hyukjae was and how his eyes showed the mixed emotion. He knows Hyukjae was angry and upset. But still, there’s something in the guy eyes he couldn’t figured out no matter how hard it is.

“I’ll try again tomorrow...”

 

-

 

Kibum swings his bag on his shoulder before he took one last glance on Hyukjae behind him. “Are you sure you’ll be okay alone? I can stay today if you want, the registering matter won’t be so hard since my butler have done few stuffs for me”

“You do what you have to do. I’ll just stay at home today and oh, can you buy some food on your way back?”

“Sure, see you later then. Just sleep or take the medicine if your head is hurting again”

“Yeah yeah, no worry i said. Bye”

“Bye”

Hyukjae close the door behind him and lock it the moment the sides touched. He walks toward the balcony and sit on the wooden chair. His can feel the veins in his forehead pops out and the blood flowing through it. Slowly he brings his hand to massage the said place. His head hurts so much and he just want to sleep it out, but the little voice inside his head says that today, the weather is good and he should go outside. He got enough sleep last night and he refuses to sleep again.

 

‘’what do you mean better! Look at his clothes! Oh my god his glasses! You are embarrassing me by taking him to my party Donghae! Gosh, did he have a mental problem or what-‘’

‘’Julian!’’

‘’at least if he is mentally healthy, he wouldn’t dress like that or even choose to come here to this party. Donghae, I don’t know you are this desperate!’’

 

“Stop it Hyukjae. Let’s not think about that anymore okay? I should do something. Let’s forget what happened last night Hyukjae” He shakes his head to brush off those thought, Julian voice is like a poison trying to eat him from inside . “Should I take a walk?”

Hyukjae takes an orange long sleeve shirt and wear it before he wears a purple long pants and a yellow beanie. He sends a text to Kibum saying he’s going outside to buy some stuff and Kibum reply with a ‘take care and see you later’. After making sure he has locked all the windows and doors, he takes Choco into his embrace and went out of his house. Choco barks in happiness when they reached the lift as if the little fluffy knows they are having some date together outside. Come to think of it, Hyukjae has never brought the little puppy for a walk yet. He feels guilty at the thought.

When Hyukjae was too busy walking and patting Choco in his arms, he doesn’t realised that Sungmin was walking beside him. Sungmin stops his track and almost called for Hyukjae but he just stand on his spot for few second before he follows the latter from his back.

Sungmin keep his distance good enough for him to stalk the latter in front of him. It’s not too close for Hyukjae to notice him and not too far to lose Hyukjae from his sight.

 

-

 

It’s already 4PM and Sungmin can feel his legs staring to get numb. “Phew, Hyukjae, just how much stamina you have?” Mutter his under his breath. He has been following him for three hours already without stopping. Sungmin decides to take a seat on a bench nearby the field and watch Hyukjae from afar. The bespectacled guy walks across the field and Sungmin feels glad that Hyukjae too, take a seat nearby the park. He’ll just watch him from there for now.

“Wah, it is really a good day to walk outside. Right Choco?” Hyukjae laugh his whole heart when the little furry his thumbs sweetly.

“We should take a pic! Wait, I’ll take my phone”, Hyukjae ramming his hand in his pocket to search for his phone and suddenly Choco jump from his arm and run toward the playground.

“Choco!” Hyukjae stand up and walk toward the little puppy. Choco get inside one of the hole around the slid and Hyukjae have a hard time to get the puppy out since he is quite big to get inside the hole.

“Oppa?” Hyukjae turns his head and Sunny standing beside him, drinking strawberry milk from a small box of carton.

“Oh- Hey Sunny, what are you doing here?” Hyukjae stand up and brush off his knee

“Mom brought sunny here! What are you doing here Oppa?” Sunny beams in happiness

“Oh i was taking my dog for a walk but she’s hiding in there” Said Hyukjae with a smile as he point his index finger toward the hole

“Ah! A puppy! Do you want Sunny to take it to you Oppa?”

“Oh... well.... can you?” Hyukjae smile awkwardly

“Hold this for me” Sunny gives him the strawberry milk and scout down to take Choco out from the hole. “Gotcha!” Beams her after he grabs the poor puppy’s legs,

“Here!”

“Thank you Sunny!” Hyukjae shows his gummy smile as he takes the puppy into his arms again

“Why did he run away oppa?”

“Umm... i want to take a picture of us but then he just jump and well hide” Hyukjae said as he walks toward the bench again, sunny follows him from his back.

“I want to take a picture too! Let me hold her and you take the picture!” Hyukjae laugh at the cuteness and takes out his phone again.

“Say Cheese!” Sunny smile widely and the take some pictures. “Can I see it?” Hyukjae gives the phone to sunny and she pushes the wrong icon to view the pictures, instead she clicks on other files in the gallery and look at another picture. “Oppa, i clicked on the wrong button! How to go back?”

“Hmm?” Hyukjae takes a look on his phone and nods his head when he see the folder

“Who are they oppa? Are they your friends?” Sunny keeps looking at the pictures and Hyukjae doesn’t really mind and let the girl do so

“Yep, they were my best friend” Hyukjae said as he smiles

“Were? You are not in contact with them now?” Sunny frowns and turns her head toward him

Sungmin stops his track and hid behind the tree near the place where Hyukjae and sunny are located.

“Umm, well” Hyukjae scratch his nape and heaves out a sigh “Things sort out, you see, went bad. The girl here... she’s not here anymore, with us. And the boy here, we are really not in speaking term, we do talk... just a little”

“She’s not here? Did she transfer overseas oppa? Or she’s... umm” Sunny look at Hyukjae with a sad face, she maybe a kid but she’s not dumb.

“She was involved in an...a-accident” Hyukjae smiles to her and turns his head to look at the picture again. “Well the doctor said, they’ve do all their best but she couldn’t be save. She got... gas poisoned and we were too late to save her.”

“What is her name?”

“Hyoyeon, and this boy beside me is Sungmin”

Sunny slide her finger and look at other pictures in the folder

“Wah... she’s really pretty! I like her eyes... is she a dancer oppa?” Ask Sunny when she found a group picture of Hyukjae, Sungmin and Hyoyeon in room full of mirror.

“She is. Actually, we all are. We love dancing and we will trade anything to the world to become a star one day” Hyukjae chuckles at the memories. “We promise each other... we will dance until we break our leg. Even if we lost our ankle, we’ll keep dancing”

“Wah... you are a dancer! Can you dance for me? Pleaseee!” Sunny makes a cute face and put her hand together to beg

“Haha... I’d love to. But i can’t. I stop dancing after its happened” Hyukjae laughs as he said that but Sunny caught the sad look in his eyes. “I wish i can though. Hehe I really miss them” Hyukjae look at her and smile sweetly.

Hyukjae was caught off guard when he feels Sunny arms wrapped around his neck. She’s hugging him sideway.

“It’s okay oppa. Next time if you start dancing again, you can show me! Ahh how i'm wishing to see you dance there on the stage!” Sunny said and she gives a pack on Hyukjae forehead. Hyukjae’s stuck, he doesn’t know what to do. A flash of memory decide to flow in his brain again, its been years since he heard those words.

 

“Promise me! One day, I’ll see you dance there on the stage”

 

He’s touched.

Sincerely touched.

And he misses this kind of feeling.

“I like dancing too! When i learn some move later, I’ll show it to oppa!” She grins

Hyukjae just look at her and slowly his lips crack a huge smile, showing his gummy.

“Neh! You can show me anytime!” He said and they laugh together.

It is beautiful how little things can be. Hyukjae, Sunny and Choco take another picture and have some chat before they say their goodbye to each other when sunny’s mother come to take her home and Hyukjae put Choco on the ground to let her walk by herself as he hold the straps. The shadow behind the tree totally went unnoticed by him. Sungmin watch hyukjae’s silhouette disappear from his sight and he wipe his tears. It has been threatening to fall off his eyes anyway.

 

-

 

“Look I’m really sorry okay! Don’t tell me you are going to sulk all day!”

“Yeah i kind of lost... I don’t really know exactly where I am”

“I didn’t realise that you were still there at the office so i went back first- I’m telling you the truth!” Donghae shouts on the phone making the other turns and look at him, “Sorry, my friend he’s... lose a screw in his head” Donghae said and Kibum just nods his head with an awkward smile.

“I HEARD THAT DONGHAE LEE!”

Kibum jumps on his feet when he hear the voice come out from the phone, ‘That guy will have his eardrum explode soon’ he thought.

“In what station are you now?” Kibum look around and try to find the station name “Umm... i don’t know... wait hyuk”

He walks toward Donghae who is still shouting and pulling the phone far from his ear before he taps the brunette shoulder

“Sorry what station is this?”

“No I- Ohh? Umm... station 15 Jung Path” Donghae reply before he shouts again on the phone “Please just come! Okay my bad i forgot to add the fuel and all... Just come please Siwon i have a lot of works to do!”

Kibum takes a step back and answer his phone again “Well its station 15 Jung Path...”

“Well I’m walking right now, might take some time to reach there but i guess the bus will come by then” Hyukjae reply on the other side

“It’s okay; I’ll just wait you here”

Both Donghae and Kibum sit on the bench at the station and stay quietly in the awkward atmosphere. Kibum see a car parked 3 meters from the station and he thought maybe he could break the silent.

“Something wrong? Your car?” Said Kibum and he raised his chin toward the car

“Ahh yeah, empty fuel actually. And there’s some files i need to submit so it’s kinda chaotic right now” Donghae reply and lift the document in his hand

Kibum nods his head and mutters a “good luck” before he smile and look at the car passing the way.

Few minutes later a car arrived and Donghae stand up on his feet, “That’s my friend. I’m going first then... You need a lift?”

“Ah no! It’s okay. My friend are coming this way” Kibum smile

Donghae walks toward the passenger door and try to open the door but it is still locked from inside.

“Siwon, open the door”

“PASSWORD!”

“I don’t have time for this!”

“PASSWORD! OR I’LL GO!”

“Okay! Okay! Please open the door our almighty Siwon Choi you are the most handsome guy in the world!!” Donghae shout with a tad more dramatic and Kibum trying so hard not to burst laughing out loud in public. The ahjumma who happen to be there mutters “idiots” when she walks in front of Kibum.

“Ahh... Korean is really interesting” He thought

Siwon unlock the door and they start to leave the station when the bus arrives at the station. Donghae a familiar figure running from the opposite side from the side mirror.

“That’s-“

Kibum stand up and waves his hand. “Hyukjae ah! Palle the bus is here”

Hyukjae speed up and pants hard when he stand in front of Kibum before they get into the bus,

“Phew! Finally found you!” Hyukjae smile widely showing his gummy smile.

Donghae on the other hand, mouth agape and eyes widens at the sight.

“-I am so kind you know, you should be thankful you got me as a friend!” Siwon nags and raise his eyebrows proudly, he look at Donghae who’s looking at him right now, “What?”

“WHY DID YOU COME SO EARLY?!”

 

______________________________

 

Please do comment sweety :)