Chapter 1

Honey Strawberry

 

 

The sweat trailing down from his forehead and fast enough he wipes it using his sleeve. Using one hand to hold the handle, he raises his left hand to take a look at the time.  

8:50 AM

The moment he looks back at the road, he widens his eyes. With a strong grip pressing the break, using both of his hand to the handle, the bicycle stop immediately and he catch his breath.  He looks back on the road and he saw a group of duck is passing the road. It took him a minutes before he continue pedaling his bicycle again.

He feel sort of relief once he saw the top of the building.

‘Yeah! I’m gonna make it on time!’ he said in his mind

He take a glance at the watch again once he already in front of the gate.

8:56 AM

‘’yes! I make it!’’

With a huge grin that showing his gummy he cycling again toward the gate. When he was about to enter, suddenly a sport car come and the sound of honk can be heard from behind. He turn his head and widen his eyes when he thought the car gonna hit him soon. As fast as the turbo snail he turns his handle to the right making him lose his balance and fell on the ground.

 

He groans and tried to stand up again. Fixing his cloths and clean himself from the dust, he look at the sport car which was about to crash on him earlier already park at the parking lot. His view is blurr, and then he found out that his glasses must be fall as well. He bows a little to search for a certain glasses. Fortunately, it didn’t take him long before he grabs it with his hand. Upon, he gets his glasses he wipes it using his handkerchief and wears it again. He looks again at the sport car.

A figure step out of the car and walk toward the building. From a far he saw the brownie haired guy walking casually ignoring the stare and whisper from people around there. He can hear some girls kyaa-ing when that guy walked passes them.

‘At least say sorry’ he said in his mind again.

He was still in his thought when he realizes some people already nowhere in his sight and the bell ringing. Just now he notice he still standing in front of the gate. He widens his eyes again and looks at his watch once again.

9:00AM

Hurriedly he rides his bicycle and parks it inside.

 

-

 

It was his third year in the University. The juniors gathering and take a seat at the hall to listen to the welcoming speech from the president of the student council. Some senior are there too. He walks pass by the hall when suddenly a girl tapping his shoulder twice.

He turns his back to face her and the girl gives him an awkward smile.

‘’yes?’’ he ask

‘’err..  Junior shall enter the hall now. They are giving some speech which you need to know about this University. Here, I will show you the way’’ she said. Still smiling when she was about to guide the walk suddenly the other said

‘’sorry?’’ his frown a little but went unnoticed by the girl since the glasses and his bangs covering half of his face

‘’hmm?’’ that girl look at him with questioning look

‘’umm.. But I’m not a junior. This is my third year study here’’ he said

The girl seems a little taken aback when suddenly a guy come to them

‘’the ceremony is about to start’’ that guy said to the girl

‘’oh.  Minho!’’ the girl said

‘’hurry up Boa noona. The president needs you there. What are you doing here?’’ the guy named Minho said

‘’oh yeah. I was telling him to enter the hall when I thought he was a junior, but then it turn out that he is not’’ said boa as she pointed her index finger to the guy opposite him.

‘’you are not a junior?’’ Minho ask, rising a little of his voice

‘’ this is my third year here’’ the thick glasses guy said awkwardly

‘’really?!’’ Minho widens his eyes and look at him up and down few times

The thick glasses guy wear a white long sleeve shirt, a gray slack pant with square shape printing, and the red bow tie at the collar not left unnoticed by Minho. Minho frowns a little more when he saw that guy wearing a black leather shoes. The brunette has a small frame; no wonder people thought he was a junior. Once after Minho finish scanning him, he smile awkwardly to the guy while side eyeing boa who stands next to him wearing the same expression he had.

‘’o-oh…umm.. Sorry sunbae. I’m not using the formal language with you earlier...hehehe’’ Minho said. He don’t even sure if he was sincere about the apologize

‘’oh! Never mind!’’ the brunette smile and turn his head to face boa before he continue ‘’umm…by the way, I think we were in the same class last year. We take same course I see’’

‘’ehh? Really?’’

‘’yup!’’

‘’hmm’’ boa seems to thinking for a while. She lift his head again ‘’umm…sorry, I can’t really remember’’ boa said shyly

‘’..Ohh’’ suddenly the brunette raise his hand making boa and Minho frowning. ‘’my name is Lee Hyukjae! In case maybe you forgot’’ he said cheerfully

Boa nods and accepts the handshake followed by Minho after that.

‘’oh yeah! The ceremony is about to start!’’ Minho said again to boa

‘’nae nae.. Umm.. Hyukjae-shii I will leave now then’’

‘’can I know where to get my schedule?’’ Hyukjae ask before boa and Minho leave him

‘’at the office I think. Just search for the professor’’ –boa

‘’ohh.. Thank you boa-shii’’

‘’neh, no problem……umm what’s your name again?’’

‘’H-Hyukjae! Lee Hyukjae’’

‘’n-neh Hyuk...jae-shi’’

Boa and Minho walk into the hall and Hyukjae watch their back. ‘Boa-shi must have a short term memory I guess’ he thought in her mind. Meanwhile, Minho and boa are chatting with each other.

‘’I’m not being rude but that guy is weird..’’ –Minho

‘’yeah, his taste of fashion style is weird too’’ –boa

‘’noona you take same course as him eh?’’ –Minho

‘’umm? But I don’t remember if I ever saw Jaebum-shi in class’’ –boa

‘’it’s Hyukjae, not Jaebum’’ –Minho

‘’that guy? Aren’t his name is Jaebum?’’ boa said as she widen her eyes

 ‘’I wonder how can you even get A++ in medic’’ Minho face palming his forehead while shaking his head.

‘’well, whose care his name anyway.. Let’s go’’ –boa

Shrugging his shoulder, Minho shoves his hand into his pocket and follow boa to the back stage.

 

-

 

‘’you can go now’’ said the old man in a long white coat with smile

‘’yes, thank you sir’’ he bow 90 degrees to the professor

‘’by the way Hyukjae, I know you can do it. Just a little more exercise and you sure make it to master or maybe even PhD in future’’ the professor words almost touch the young man heart. Hyukjae’s face reddens and he nods before he walks out of the office. He doesn’t have any classes today and he decides to walks around then goes home.

Along the corridor he walks with his head down. Some people give him a glance and after they suppose that the thick glasses guy is nothing they just ignore him. Some people just look at him with what- the-hell-with-this-guy face after they scan what he wore that day. Hyukjae ignore the entire stare as he continues to walk. Upon he reach his locker, he shove his hand into the pocket to take the key.

The ‘click’ sound faintly can be heard and he opens the door locker. Taking some books from his bag, he keeps them neatly in there. Suddenly he feels his throat dry, he cough twice or so. He walks again to find the vending machine nearby.

He put the money and clicks the ‘koka-kola’ button.

1 minute

2 minutes

Cluck

He bows a little to take the drink. He sure clicked on the ‘koka-kola’ but why in the earth he got ‘pepsee’? Drink pepsee when your throat is dry, is it even good? He doesn’t care though. He thirsty and all he want is drink. He was so into his world when he was about take a gulp of the drink not noticing he is going to crush with someone. The drink splash to the other shirt

‘’ops! Sorry!!’’ Hyukjae said and bow his head

‘’Dammit’’

‘’I will clean it!’’ Hyukjae take the handkerchief from his pocket and wipe the other shirt

The brown haired guy clicks his tongue and walk away leaving Hyukjae just like that.

Hyukjae pouted and turn to look at the guy back. Half way the brownie walking, Hyukjae see a girl throwing herself to him. The guy puts his hand on the girl waist and smile, that girl then kisses the brunette cheek.

Hyukjae turn his head back...

‘’hmm... just put hand on girl waist then smile, can get a kiss?’’ he mutter to himself. Grinning idiotly.

Just then a girl come pass by him and hurriedly he grab the girl wrist.

‘’huh?’’ that girl shocked by his act

Hyukjae put his hand on the girl’s waist and smiling showing his white teeth. The girl widens her eyes and stared at him

‘’kiss my cheek’’ Hyukjae said to that girl smiling his infamous gummy smile

Pang!

He feels his right cheek burning and he snaps his eyes. That girl walks away, leaving him. He frowns.

‘’did I do something wrong?’’ he said while rubbing his cheek. Suddenly his stomach makes a cute thunder noise making him frowning even more. ‘’ah, I haven’t eat anything yet’’ he said

He decides to go to the cafeteria before going back home. As he walks along the corridor he keeps his pace long so he can reach the cafeteria fast.

 

-

 

Well it was a really long line before he could buy the food. Some people keep cutting his line making him protest, but like there’s anyone who cares about that?

After paying the bills to the ahjumma, He takes the tray and search for unoccupied table. Almost all the table there full already and many students have digging their own food. He saw a couple stand up and leave the table nearby.

He smile

He walks a little before he reaches the place. Putting his tray on the table, he glances at the strawberry milkshake and the strawberry cake in front of his eyes. He feels like the food is seducing him to eat them fast. He takes a seat.

‘’I will eat well!’’ he mutter to himself.

He was about to shove the cake into his mouth when suddenly a guy grabbing his collar and pull him out of the café. He tried to struggle but that guy has a build muscle and the last thing he saw was his untouched strawberry milkshake and the cake abandon on the table. And now what he knows is, they are heading to the sport locker room.

 

-

 

Hyukjae bit his lips as he endures the pain in his stomach. A single punch by that guy was powerful like a bull. That guy pulls his hair harshly. Hyukjae brave himself to open his eyes and look at the guy eyes. That guy friends just standing behind him, watching the scene

‘’Yoojun, punch him!’’

Without he even realizes, another punch already landed on his cheek. His glasses fall on the floor and he could taste his own blood. With hungry stomach he doesn’t have energy to fight back. Not like he will though. He feel the cold floor against his body and he know he already fall to the floor. He tried to open his mouth and ask why they do that but he feels pain on his body. Yoojun and his friends gang up to kick the hell out of him.

Hyukjae collect some air into his lungs and shout

‘’help!!!’’

‘’no one gonna heard you here !’’ Yoojun said

‘’scream as loud as you can dude. Nobody here’s gonna help you’’ said Yoojun‘s friend

Hyukjae open his eyes and search if there are person around but he couldn’t find anyone. He closes his eyes and opens them again with hope. Hyukjae is lucky because someone is watching the scene by the window. He know that person, that guy is the guy who has a dirty shirt after Hyukjae accidently spill his drink before. He wait for minute but that person just look away and continue his walk.

Yoojun and his friends stop beating him and start to leave him. Before he leaves Hyukjae, he said, glaring at the hopeless brunette.

‘’that what you get if you trying to touch my sister again’’

‘’s-sister?’’

‘’yes! The girl you ask her to kiss you!’’ Yoojun kick the door and walk while cursing, followed by his friends.

Ahh… he is really not lucky

 

___________________________________________________

 

Aww.. I’m sorry for the grammar mistakes~