Almost

Melody

Can you tell me
How can one miss what she's never had
How could I reminisce when there is no past
How could I have memories of being happy with you boy
Could someone tell me how can this be
How could my mind pull up incidents
Recall dates and times that never happened
How could we celebrate a love that's to late
And how could I really mean the words I'm bout to say

I missed the times that we almost shared
I miss the love that was almost there
I miss the times that we use to kiss
At least in my dreams
Just let me take my time and reminisce
I miss the times that we never had
What happened to us we were almost there
Whoever said it's impossible to miss when you never had
Never almost had you..


She pressed the last few piano keys softly as she sang the last line. 

She sighed.

A loud clapping ended her thoughts. "Great job, Ms. Jung." 

She turned around to the voice. "Shut up Soo, and don't call me Ms. Jung." 

"No really, I'm totally serious. I'm like crying on the inside." 

Jessica stood up from her seat and rolled her eyes. "What do you want?" 

"What do you mean?" Sooyoung smiled. "Is it wrong to visit a friend once in a while?" 

"Soo, You never visit me unless you want something."

Jessica stared at her friend and raised a brow. "How did you even get in?" 

"This school needs better security." Sooyoung joked. "The nice lady at the front let me in." 

Jessica threw on her coat and smiled. "Let's go have lunch." 

"Really?!" Sooyoung almost shouted. Food gets her excited, maybe a little too excited.

"Ah I mean ..really?" She chuckled quietly and scratched the back of her head. 

"Read your mind, didn't I?" Jessica smirked. "C'mon you giant, I'm starving!" 

 

 


 

Tiffany streched her arms from the long plane ride. "Finally." 

She took out her cellphone and dialed a number she promised to dial. 

"Hi Mom."

"Oh hello sweetie, how was the ride?"

"Tiring, that's for sure."

She could hear her mom laughing in the background. "Of course it was. I've called your cousin to come pick you up. You'll live with her ok?" 

"Cousin?"

"YAH TIFFANY!" 

Tiffany turned to the voice. "Oh god. Why?!" she whispered into the phone. 

"I don't feel safe letting you live alone, You're staying with her even if you don't want to."

 

"...Fine. Bye mom." Tiffany ended the call and walked over to her so called cousin. 

"Wow, Tiffany, you've become much more prettier since the last time we saw each other." The girl smirked. 

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes. "Well Yuri, You've become more...badass? What's with the jacket?" she chuckled as she touched Yuri's leather jacket.

"I've always been like this, don't know what you're talking about." Yuri glanced over at Tiffany's luggage. "Ah, I should have brought a car."

"You didn't bring a car?! How did you get here then?!" Tiffany shouted.

"Come on princess, don't worry about it, follow me."


.

.

.

.

.



"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" Tiffany screamed as she held onto Yuri's waist. She was riding a motorcycle for the first time.

Yuri chuckled. "Isn't it fun?!" She shouted as they reached a red light.

"No! It's not!" Tiffany shouted back. "I want to sit in the taxi now!" 

They had placed Tiffany's luggage in a taxi and told him to follow them.  

"Oh come on princess, Have some fun! You'll need to get use to riding this with me!" 

Tiffany smiled at Yuri's old nickname for her. "She still remembers?"

"Hey, you okay back there? You didn't die right?" Yuri turned around to check on her. 

Tiffany shook her head. "I'm fine! I mean I'd rather just pay for taxi every da-AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!" she held onto Yuri as tight as she could.  



They reached Yuri's house. Finally. 

Yuri took off her helmet and let out a sigh. "My stomach hurts, why'd you have to hold on so tight!" 

"Your fault!" Tiffany pouted. "I said I didn't want to ride that thing."

"Hey! don't call her a thing!" Yuri said as she patted her black motorcycle. 

"Did you name her too?" Tiffany laughed. 

Yuri rolled her eyes. "Whatever kid. Get in, I'll get the luggage." She threw the house keys to Tiffany.   


Tiffany entered the place. It wasn't big but enough for two people. She observed the beer cans on the counter and floor. 

"I wonder what happened to 'I'll never drink, it tastes bad and it's bad for you' " She frowned at the old memories. 

The first and last time she had seen Yuri was when she was 10 years old and Yuri was 12.

Yuri's mom decided to go to California for vacation and she brought Yuri with her. 

 

"Miyoung come downstairs! Your cousin is here!"

10 years old Tiffany walked down the stairs with a smile. 

"Miyoung, This is Yuri and Yuri, this is Miyoung." Mrs. Hwang introduced the two.

"You can call me Tiffany." Tiffany showed her eyesmile to Yuri.  

"Tippany?" Yuri said. "Hi Tippany, I'm Yuri."

"You two go upstairs and play." Mrs. Kwon told them. "We'll call you both down when the food is ready."

"Be good." Mrs. Hwang told Tiffany and Yuri.

Yuri nodded with a small smile.

They went upstairs to Tiffany's room.

"Wow your room is so pink!" Yuri raised her eyebrows. 

"Isn't it pretty?!" Tiffany asked with excitment. "I love pink!"

"Pink is great but it's not my favorite." Yuri said as she jumped onto Tiffany's bed. 

"Why not?" 

"It's too girly."

"Girly?" Tiffany raised a brow. 

"Pink is for princesses." Yuri chuckled. "You must be a princess then!" 

"A princess?" Tiffany asked herself. "Oh Let's play princess!"

"But I'm not a princess." Yuri told Tiffany with a pout. 

"Hmm.." Tiffany smiled. "You can be the prince then!"

"Prince? That's weird." Yuri scrunched her eye brows together. "We're cousins." 

Tiffany slapped Yuri on the arm lightly. "Yah I didn't mean it that way! Let's just play with my barbies." 

Yuri chuckled. "I've never played with a barbie before."

"You haven't?! Oh my gosh! I'll show you all of my barbies then! My mom even got me the house for it!"

They had so much fun that they refused to go downstairs for dinner, but was forced to. 

"You guys can play after eating." Mrs. Hwang told the two as she brought them both downstairs.

Mrs. Kwon smiled as they entered the kitchen. "I'm glad you two get along but you need to eat to survive." 

"Mom what's this?" Tiffany pointed to the champagne on the table. 

"Something you can't drink yet." Mrs. Hwang chuckled.

"Here's apple juice." She poured the juice into their cups.

"Is it bad?" Tiffany asked Yuri.

"Yeah, Mother told me it's bad. I'll never drink it! It tastes bad and it's bad for you!" Yuri declared.

Mrs. Kwon chuckled. "Yuri-ah, It's only bad if you drink a lot of it."

"I still won't drink it." She smiled. 

Tiffany smiled. "I won't drink it either then!" 

"I guess that's a good thing then." Mrs. Hwang let out a laugh. 

-

"Yuri, what do you want to be when you grow up? I want to be a doctor."

"A doctor? Hm... I haven't thought about it yet." 

"Do you think I can?" Tiffany turned from lying on her back to facing Yuri.

Yuri chuckled. "You can if you try." 

Tiffany laid back on her back and smiled. "Good night."

"Good night."

 

Their vacation was going well until they got a call two days later that Yuri's father got into an accident.

After hearing that, The Kwons rushed home only to find out that he had passed away before they could make it. 

The Hwangs went over to Seoul for the funeral.

Tiffany gave the crying Yuri a hug. 

A doctor. 

They probably have to watch a lot of people die... I don't want that.

And that's the day when Tiffany's dream of being a doctor died. 

It was also the last day she saw Yuri.  

 

"Why'd you bring so much?" Yuri asked as she carried three large bags into the house. She noticed Tiffany staring at the beer cans. "Sorry I didn't have time to clean up."

"Huh?" Tiffany broke out of her thoughts and stared at Yuri. "Oh. It's alright." She said with a smile.


 


A/N: hope this is ok for the first chapter! :D (jeti and yoonyul coming soon. i promise.)