여덟

[Sequel] Simple Turned Complicated

 

After sitting there for a long time, JR finally got up from the chair. He picked up the poor innocent flower he threw on the floor out of rage. The flower did not do anything wrong. He went to the sink and fill up the vase, placing the bouquet of rose in it together with the one he picked up from the floor. Ren fell asleep on the chair but was woken up by the sound of broken glass. “Why?! Why did you have to do this??! WHY?!” Ren saw JR raging and glass shattered on the floor beside him. Glass and water splattered everywhere; petals of the bright red roses flew across the wooden floor. Ren just sat there dumbly looking at JR. He immediately came back to his senses when he sees JR walks across broken glass. “Doesn’t it hurt?” Ren could only ask himself knowing full well that JR can’t hear him. He got out of his chair and went after JR who went up the stairs. He slowly walks behind following JR into their room; the very same room where Ren just killed himself not too long ago.

Ren stood by the door frame, carefully watching JR. He did not want to go back in to the room filled with regrets. He still didn’t know what made him to choose that path but now he knows that there’s no one to give him that answer - not even himself. He watched JR slowly approaching the blood stained floor and picking up the bloody scissors. He watched as JR turned the scissors around with the sharp end facing him bringing it closer. Ren came barging into the room and tossed the scissors away before JR do anything stupid. “What the heck do you think you’re doing?” Ren screamed in front of JR, furious. “Minki...” JR looked up and whispered his name with tears visible in his eyes. “Do you think things would change if you too kill yourself?” Ren is still screaming.

“Minki..” JR stood up and slowly approaches him. “Wait. Y-you c-can see me??” Ren exclaimed in disbelief. JR nodded and places a hand on Ren’s left cheek while a tear fell down his right. “B-but...how?” Ren asked, still in shock. “I’m dead, Minki. I’m a wandering soul, just like you.” JR calmly explains while cupping Ren’s face. “Y-y-you’re WHAT?” Ren eyes widened even more. “When did...this ever...happened? And earlier...I thought...you...you...” Ren was on the verge of mental breakdown with so many questions in his head. He didn’t know what to think anymore. “This can’t be happening. Tell me this is not real. Tell me all of this is not real!” Ren shook JR violently, trying to get an answer from him but much to his disappointment, JR shook his head. “I’m sorry, Minki but it is.” Ren buried his face in his hands while JR held him in a tight hug.