다섯

[Sequel] Simple Turned Complicated

“Princess, aren’t you coming with us?” Aron asked Ren who’s sitting in the living room, watching TV. Ren shook his head and flipped to another channel. “You sure? JR’s checking out of the hospital today.” Aron asked again. “Yes, I’m sure. You guys go ahead. I’m not feeling very well so I’ll be in my room.” Ren switched off the TV when there’s nothing interesting to watch and proceeded to his bedroom, gently closing the door. “I think I’ll stay home and look after Minki.” BaekHo was about to turn back when he was grabbed by the hand. “Leave him alone. He’ll be fine.” MinHyun spoke and before BaekHo could mutter another word, he spoke again. “Besides, we won’t be gone for long. We’ll go to the hospital, grab JR and come back.” MinHyun explained. BaekHo gave in. He figured that Ren probably needs some rest. He’s been out of himself lately.

“Can we buy some food and snacks too when we’re on the way back? The fridge is pretty empty. I want to cook something delicious for Jonghyun. We need to buy more ice-creams too!” Aron beamed.  “Why the ice-cream? I thought you only eat ice?” BaekHo chuckled. “In case you didn’t notice, Minki devoured almost all the ice-cream we bought the last trip this few days. He even finished my mint chocolate chip ice-cream.” Aron sulked. “I thought he detest that flavour?” BaekHo asked, surprised. “That’s what I thought until I caught him eating my whole tub of ice-cream one day and the weird part is, he didn’t even realise that it’s he’s eating it. My mint chocolate chip ice-cream!” Aron groaned. “It isn’t like that’s the only ice-cream in the world, hyung. You could just buy another one. Didn’t Minki say that he’ll pay you back double?” MinHyun questioned. “Oh yea, he did, didn’t he. No reason to be upset now.” Aron suddenly remembered, smiling at the thought of his favourite mint chocolate chip ice-cream. MinHyun mentally face-palmed at his hyung. He can be so ridiculous sometimes.

Their conversation was cut off by the sudden ringing of the phone. MinHyun picked it up. It was their manager. He’s already waiting for them in the lobby with the car. They put on their shoes at the doorway and stepped out. “We’ll be back shortly!” BaekHo shouted for Ren to hear but there was no answer so they proceeded out of the house and down to the lobby.

Ren was left alone in the dorm. He didn’t have the mood to do anything the past few days and today was no different. In fact, he felt even worse than he had before knowing that JR is coming back. He’s glad that JR is getting better but he doesn’t know how to face him anymore. He just lied down on his bed and stare at the ceiling, deep in thought. He hasn’t been to the hospital to visit JR after that incident. However, what JR had said to (more like ask) him right after he woke up was who are you? “Who are you?” “Who are you?” It kept repeating in his mind. He turned around and places his head underneath the pillow, trying to stop those thoughts. Needless to say, he was heartbroken. Before this, he was mad at JR for not confessing to him earlier when he had already made so many obvious hints. He could have confessed first but he wasn’t sure about JR’s feelings until BaekHo confessed his. All this while he was waiting for him to confess but JR did not even make one single move. Turning back around, he pulled up the blanket and covered himself. He lied down on his side, staring at the alarm clock slowing ticking by each second on his bedside table until he slowly drifted off to sleep.

Right at the moment he was about to fall into deep slumber, the doorbell rang. Groaning, he pulled the blanket over his head and covered both side of his ears with the pillow. It stopped ringing after 5 times. Ren was thankful for that. He was sleepy. Really sleepy. He had insomnia the few nights before. He couldn’t sleep. He needed sleep. He forced his eyes closed, clearing all his thoughts and soon, he was already zoning off to dreamland.