아홉

[Sequel] Simple Turned Complicated

“Minki, Minki! Wake up! Wake up, Minki-yah!” Ren heard a voice calling him. He opened his eyes and saw Baekho. "What Baekho? Can't you just let me sleep in peace? Urgh." Ren got annoyed at Baekho for waking him up from slumberland. "But Minki...what are you doing on the floor?" Baekho eyes Ren curiously. "Huh? What? I...oh." He got up from the floor, went back to the bed and covered himself with the blanket. Baekho just blinked at him, confused of his action. "Wait a minute. You can see me??!" Ren gasped, suddenly remembered that he's supposed to be dead and sprung up from bed. "My dear princess, of course he can see you. Why can't he?" Aron walks in hearing Ren. "But...but...but..." Ren got confused. "Is this another dream?" He mumbled to himself. "What dream?" Baekho asked. "I'm supposed to be dead and you can't see me cause I'm a soul. Unless...." Ren gasped and choked on himself. "What nonsense are you talking about? Are you sick?" Baekho places his palm on Ren's forehead. "You don't have fever." Ren took Baekho's hand, looking worriedly at him and pinched him. "Ouch! What was that for?" Baekho screamed and rubbed his sore arm. 

"Does it hurt?" Ren asked. "Of course it hurts you idiot." Baekho pushed Ren's head. "Hey, don't hurt him like that." Aron rushes to Ren's side and tends to him. "Are you alright sweetie?" "Yah! Hyung! I'm the one in pain here." Baekho whines. "Baekho, you're a man. Don't complain about small stuff like that." Aron told Baekho off. "Hyung, I'm fine. I'm glad that it was just a dream." Ren answered and hugged him. Aron was surprised at the sudden action but he happily hug him back. "Minki, we've brought back some lunch. Come downstairs after washing up, kay?" Aron caressed Ren's face and left the room with Baekho. 

Moments later, Ren emerged from the stairs heading to the dining area. "Good afternoon, Minki." Minhyun greeted as he put out the dishes on the table. "Good afternoon." Ren replied and helped Minhyun set out the table. "How is Jonghyun in the hospital?" Ren asked after settling down. "He's...uuhhh....fine, I supposed?" Aron stuttered. "That's good then." Ren took a sip of the broth. All three of them look at each other worriedly without Ren knowing. "Hyung, what's wrong?" Ren noticed Aron's anxiety. "Ah, it's nothing. It's nothing. How's the noodle? Is it good?" Aron quickly change the topic to avoid Ren's questions. "It's not bad and this egg rolls are delicious. Did you make them Minhyun?" Ren took another bite off the delicious egg rolls. "I made that! Why would you think it was Minhyun?" Baekho pouted. "I don't know...maybe because...you usually won't make things like this?" Ren teased while Minhyun and Aron just laughed.

Suddenly a loud thump was heard from the backyard. "What's that?" Ren asked, slowly standing up trying to look out. "Ah! It's probably just the neighbour's dog." Baekho stood up to block Ren's view. "Never mind the dog. You should finish your food first. It's going to get cold." Aron tried pulling Ren back to his seat but he walked over to the sliding door. Aron and Baekho frantically trying to distract Ren with whatever method they can but he isn't listening. "Minhyun!" Baekho asked Minhyun for help. "It'll be okay. Just let him be." Minhyun ate another spoonful of rice and got up closing in on Ren who's already at the door, staring out. "Is...is...th-that Jonghyun?" Ren asked, in shocked of what he's seeing. "What do you mean? I don't see anyone there." Baekho interfere. "Me neither. I don't see anyone out there." Aron joined in the pretense. "You two, go sit down." Minhyun told them off. "Minhyun, is that Jonghyun? Is that really him?" Ren asked pointing to the guy outside who's back is facing him. "Minki, why don't you go check it out?" Minhyun opened the door for Ren and he carefully inch closer. The figure turned around and the smiling face of JR was showned. "Hello, Minki."

Without a word, Ren threw himself onto JR, hugging him tight. "Jonhyunnie, I miss you! I miss you so much! I love you, Jonghyun-ah. I love you. Please don't leave me. I'm really really sorry for what I did. I'm sorry. I won't ever do that again. I promise." Ren cried. "Silly boy." JR pulled Ren off him and wiped his tears off his cheeks. "I'm not going anywhere and I won't ever leave you. I forgave you long time ago." JR kissed Ren's forehead. "I love you, Minki-ah." Ren hugged JR tightly again, burying his face in his chest. JR hugged Ren back and carried him back into the house. They sat at the dining table where Ren told everyone about his dream that he killed himself because he felt guilty and that JR was also a wandering soul. "I'm glad that it's all a dream. I don't know what would I have done if I've lost any of you." Ren sighed of relief. "Now that we're all here, why don't we have some fun?" Aron suggested. 

 


and we live happily ever after,

THE END! ^_^