[Sequel] Simple Turned Complicated

 

BaekHo had his arms crossed and was leaning against the wall while his eyes followed Ren who was pacing back and forth in the waiting hall. JR is being treated by the doctors and nurses in one of the emergency rooms. After watching Ren for a while, BaekHo got up and walked towards Ren. “Rennie, stop.” BaekHo held onto Ren’s right wrist and turned him around to face him. He can feel Ren shaking, his eyes glistening with tears of worries. He let go of his wrist and held him into a hug. “JR’s going to be fine, Rennie. He will be.” Ren buried his face BaekHo’s chest as he his hair. BaekHo felt Ren gripping on his shirt. Not knowing that MinHyun and Aron had arrived, he kissed Ren’s head lovingly and placed his chin on his head. “Don’t worry Minki, he’s going to be fine.” All that BaekHo could do now is whisper words of comfort to Ren while the doctor rescues JR.

BaekHo saw MinHyun and Aron standing at the entrance as he turn to lead Ren to sit down in the waiting hall. The manager soon arrives after he parks the car. The three of them walk towards where BaekHo and Ren are sitting. “How’s JR doing?” Aron asked, sitting down beside Ren who’s resting his head on BaekHo’s shoulder. “I don’t know. The doctors are still inside.” BaekHo answered. “He’ll be fine, princess.” Aron said, holding onto Ren’s hand. MinHyun had already filled the manager about what happened to JR on the way to the hospital. Now they’re all waiting, praying and hoping that JR would be fine.

After a long hour of waiting, the nurses and doctors finally came out. The nurses pulling JR’s bed down the hospital hallway. All of them stood and gather around the doctor. “How’s JR doing? Is he going to be alright?” Ren was the first to ask. “Don’t worry, dear. He’s going to be fine. Just a minor concussion, that’s all.” The doctor smiled and ruffled Ren’s hair. Then he turned to face the other members. “He’s probably been too stressed out lately. That’s why he fainted. He’s been exhausting himself and his body can’t take it anymore. You guys should give him a break. He needs rest.” The doctor explained. The others looked at Ren who’s looking down at the ground guiltily. “Can we see him now?” MinHyun asked, breaking the silence. “Yes, you can. He’ll wake up soon after the anaesthetic wears out.” “Thank you, doctor.” “But, remember not to pressure him. What he needs now is plenty amount of rest. Understand?” “Yes, doctor. We understand. Thank you once again.” They all bowed to the doctor and left to find JR.

“It should be here somewhere.” The manager said looking around. “There he is!” Aron almost shouted. “Shhhh... This is a hospital, you idiot.” Their manager smacked Aron’s head. JR had his head bandaged, his face pale and is lying down on the hospital bed. Ren sat down beside JR and held onto his hand. “Jonghyun-ah, I’m sorry. I’m really sorry.” A tear fell down Ren’s cheek and onto JR’s hand. Seconds later, JR’s eyes started to slowly blink open. “Oh, he’s awake! You’re awake! Thank God you’re alright, JR!” Aron rushed in to hug JR tightly but only to be greeted with a confused look on his face. “JR, what’s wrong?” Aron asked. JR scanned around the room starting from Aron who had just let go of him, to MinHyun, their manager and BaekHo who were standing in front of him to Ren, who’s holding tightly onto his hand.

JR looked down at his interlocked hand and up to Ren. He stared at Ren for quite some time making Ren blush a little. “I’m sorry, but…who are you?” JR’s sudden question shocked everyone especially Ren. Carefully, he let go of JR’s hand, and abruptly stood up. Tears can be seen trickling down his face as he took a few steps back before he dashes out of the room and down the hallway.