[Sequel] Simple Turned Complicated

JR is now alone in the room with MinHyun and Aron, staring at his hand that Ren was holding onto it tightly before. He can still feel Ren’s grip on his hand. A crystal saline tear formed in his eyes and fell off his cheek. BaekHo had left to chase after Ren, afraid that he might do something stupid. Their manager suddenly receives an urgent call and had to be on his way. JR hadn’t moved ever since Ren left the room. All he was doing is staring at his hand. Aron was throwing random questions of worries at MinHyun but MinHyun’s gaze is fixed at JR, not bothered by the older one.

“Hey, MinHyun!” Aron flail at MinHyun. “Are you even listening to me?” Aron asked, annoyed with both hands on his hips. MinHyun ignored Aron, walked passed him and went up to JR.

“How are you feeling, JongHyun?” MinHyun asked, settling himself down on the chair by the bedside. “Better, I guess but still a little bit dizzy.” JR looked up at MinHyun and answered. He then looked at Aron. Aron had on a worried expression. “Don’t worry. I’m fine, hyung.” JR weakly smiles hoping to lessen the elder’s worries. “Oh, JongHyunnie!” Aron threw himself at JR, hugging him tightly. “I was worried sick about you. I do hope you feel better now. Please get well soon.” Aron gave a peck on his cheek. “Hyung, you’re disgusting.” JR said jokingly while wiping Aron’s saliva off his face. “Not if it cures you.” Aron said proudly. Both of them laughed at that statement. JR was glad that he has such a loving and caring hyung.

“JR, why did you do that?” MinHyun suddenly ask out of nowhere. “Did what?” JR innocently replies, not getting what MinHyun meant. “Why did you lie to Ren?” JR’s face sunk. “Lie to Ren? About what?” Aron asked, feeling left out. “Do you know how much those words would hurt him?” MinHyun looked hard at JR with watery eyes. “I know, Minnie. I know.” JR couldn’t bear to look up at MinHyun. He knows what a terrible thing he had done. He never wanted to lie to Ren. Never, but it’s for the best, he thought. “Hey! Do you guys mind telling me what you’re talking about here? I feel so left out.” Aron crossed his arms and pouts.

“Sorry, hyung. I thought you should have guessed it by now since you’re so smart.” JR teased. “Hey! How dare you! For a guy who just lost his memories...wait a minute. If you’ve lost your memories, you won’t be calling me hyung and teasing me like that unless...” Aron eyes widened. “Took you long enough.” MinHyun too teased Aron. “Hey, where are your manners? I’m your hyung, you know. You shouldn’t be teasing me like that.” Aron pouts again. “Not if you act even more immature than us, hyung.” Both MinHyun and JR laughed. Aron pretended to be hurt again. He knows they don’t mean it.

“Then, why did you lie to Minki? About losing your memory?” Aron’s sudden question turns the whole atmosphere tense again. “It’s for the better. I hope.” JR sighed deeply, looking at the ceiling, “For both Minki and I.”