Something Has Changed Him

Why Do You Come Back?

 

 

Hyukjae's POV

 

 

I heard someone was coming and I bet it was him.

I run to down and I saw him.

He’s soaked because of the rain. The maid came to him.

I run to him and stood up in front of him.

‘WHAT ARE YOU DOING?’

He was shocked. He lifted his head but after he saw me, he looked down again.

‘What are you doing until you come home so late?’

‘I’m sorry.’ He whispered to me.

‘JUST STOP SAYING SORRY!’ I shouted to him.

‘Do you do a part time outside?’ I asked him.

‘Yes.’

‘Can you lift your head when you are talking with me??’

He carefully lifted his head but he didn’t look my eyes.

‘Why did you do that?’

He didn’t answer my questions and just kept silent as always.

I noticed this morning that the scar worse, wounds that previously only red bruise has now changed to purple. I also can see the color of his socks that turn red because of blood.

‘Can you answer my questions instead of closing your mouth?’

‘I’m sorry.’

‘OH ! I’m tired of hearing sorry from your mouth! Why do you still need a part time job? Whether the money given by my mother every day is still lacking? Are you not given the facility a car? You are also given a very spacious room, but you are asked to be transferred to the lower floor, where it is a special place for the maids. Let me know how much money my mother had given to you! Exactly what is on your mind! You're trying to find sympathy or what? When you have so much money, why do you still have to work part-time??’

There was so much anger in me. I was confused. I was depressed. I do not understand his way of thinking.

He didn’t answer my questions as always and now he has looked down again.

‘What do kinds of part-time work you do?’

He kept lowering and lowering his head. Did he think that I just a creature? A stone? I’m human! And he needs to response me!

‘You have mouth!!! Can’t you answer me! Don’t say you sell your body to get a little amount of money! Just stay home and let me buy you more than those people have given to you!’

His silent treatment made ​​me angry and felt rejected

‘Yah! Answer me! How much did they give you? How much do you want? Twice? Trice? Just say it! I will give it to you.’ I took my wallet and got some money.

‘Look! Is it enough? Oh! I forget that you’re too greedy. You definitely will not be satisfied.’ I threw the money to him. I couldn’t think straight anymore. I hate the fact that I really mad because he came home late and because he didn’t want to talk me.

He finally lifted his head but what I see now makes my heart suddenly ache. He does not cry as usual. He has a smile on his face, a few bruises because of the incident this morning, but his eyes aren’t the eyes that I used to know. No warmth in it, no joy, no more. I can see only darkness, sadness, despair, and remorse?

‘You can say anything to me as long as you happy. You can tutor me as your slave, as your maid, as your , whatever as long as you can smile again. You can kick me, punch me, slap me, or even kill me if you really want it so bad. You can do it. No… you have to do it, because I was such a bastard that has leaved you before. I do not deserve kindness, compassion, even love from you again. But let me live with you for a while. Just for a while. Treat me as you want, I don’t care. But please let me live with you, just for a few months.’

I couldn’t say anything. All of this is too hard to accept common sense. He left me a few years ago without a word, now he's back and begged me to let him stay with me. He will only stay for a few months and it will go.

Why would he come back if he'll go again sometime in the future? Why would he come back to me? If he wants my money, why he begged to stay with me just a few months? He also realized that I was slowly tortured him in revenge. But he asked me to keep doing all that, as long as I'm happy, as long as I can smile.

‘Actually what’s your plan Lee Donghae?’

He smiled again but now his eyes became a little alive, ‘Finally you call my name.’

I didn’t realize I call his name. I used to always call him by the name 'Hae' I just called his full name as I believe he was hiding something...

‘Just bear with me for a few months and after that I will disappear from your sight forever. So, as long as I’m here, take your revenge to me. Don’t waste your time, because when the time is limited, you will appreciate every second in your life.’

He picked up the money that I have thrown to him on the floor.

‘This is your money. Do not waste it. This is very valuable for people in need.’

He walked to the kitchen and I turned my body. He was limping. His leg must be really hurt.

‘Young master, why are you get soaked? And why did you hurt like this?’ I saw the maid came to him.

He just smiled, ‘I’m ok. It’s because of the rain. If I waited for the rain to let up, I'll get home late.’

‘I will prepare your hot water. After this please take medicine and take a rest young master.’

‘Ahjumma. First, I’ve ever said to you that you didn’t need to call me young master. I’m just like you here. I can’t rest because I haven’t cleaned the house.’

‘Donghae, you didn’t answer my other question. Why did you hurt like this?’

‘Ah… I fell earlier.’

‘But…’

‘Shhhtt… I’m ok. You know I’m a strong people.’

He laughed but his eyes didn’t. I never saw he smiled like before.

It’s not a Lee Donghae that I used to know. Something has changed him. 

 

 

 

I wanted to cry when I wrote it T_____T

Comment, Subscribe, and Vote ^^

Read my other stories too :)

Thank you so muccchhhh :***