Chapter 5: Will You Be My Girlfriend?

I'll Fix Your Unhealable Wound

Sehun couldn't stop staring at the door as he waited for Kyuri to just walk in with her usual smile. Jongin noticed Sehun's oblivious thoughts and smirked already knowing that he was waiting for Kyuri. Jongin took his seat in front of Sehun and turned to him, making that smug face he always did. 

 

Are you waiting for a certain someone Mr. Oh?” Jongin teasingly asked.

 

No!” Sehun snapped.

 

Seems like you're waiting for a certain girl named Kyuri,” Jongin's smile grew wider when he noticed Sehun's face turning a slight pink. “So I'm right?”

 

No! You're not! I don't know what you're talking about!”

 

What are you two talking about?” Krystal walked in with books in her hands and dropped them on Sehun's desk.

 

We're talking about ,” Jongin said. “Good old .”

 

Really?” Just like Jongin, a smile appeared on Krystal's face when she heard the word '.' “Speaking of that word... Jongin did you want to come over tonight? My parents will be out, so I was thinking we could get together and... well you know.”
 

Gross, if you two are going to talk about , can you two talk about it somewhere else?” Sehun mumbled.

 

Don't be jealous , you'll have your moment with Kyuri. If you two have a couple more dates and what not you can finally...” Jongin tried to think of a word that wouldn't seem too repulsive to Sehun. “Deflower her.”

 

How about no,” Sehun replied.

 

You plan on having with Kyuri?” Krystal's jaw nearly dropped. “Why? She's so... Innocent? Sehun why would you want your first time to be with someone like her?”

 

Or I just don't want to have with her because I actually like her.”

 

Jongin scoffed, “Yeah right.”

 

At the corner of Krystal's eyes there was a small tear since she seemed saddened by Jongin's response. “So you don't like anyone Jongin?”

 

Nope.” Jongin turned back to the front and started flipping through his textbooks.

 

The door slid open, revealing Kyuri. Sehun noticed she looked a little gray and instead of a smile there was nothing but a straight line of her pale pink lips. Instead of meeting eyes with Sehun like he hoped, she sat down in her seat and rested her chin in her hand.

 

Sehun almost got up to approach her, but the teacher walked in, immediately, Sehun sat back down. Krystal noticed how devastated Sehun was that he didn't get a change to talk to Kyuri; she turned her head to Jongin, who was now slouching in his seat.

 

Do you think Sehun actually likes Kyuri?” Krystal whispered to Jongin.

 

Jongin shrugged, “I don't know, but if Sehun doesn't want to... you know... with Kyuri, I will.” Krystal's heart shattered at those words, her body trembled, and her entire mind went blank at the thought of Jongin being with someone else.

 

Kyuri couldn't get out of bed, it just wasn't an option for her, not after what happened before. Her body laid weak on her king sized bed and her left hand covered her eyes, since the sunlight was peaking through her thin silk curtains. Already her phone has rung more than twenty times, but she didn't feel like reaching over to her phone. She knew that mostly likely it was her father and/or her manager. It was obvious they were going to make her get out of bed and talk to Sehun about the incident that happened the day before.

 

Slowly removing her hands over her eyes, she turned her head and saw that it was 12:21 PM. Her session with Sehun started in thirty minutes. A tear fell down the side of Kyuri's face and into her pillow as she thought about how happy she and Sehun were before they got found out by everyone. In frustration, Kyuri got the pillow next to her and covered her face, wishing that it would hide her shame from everyone and herself.

 


 

Sehun was in his office making sure he was far away from the news or the newspaper or anything having to do with current events. He knew most of the entertainment news channels or magazines would be talking about Kyuri and the incident from the day before. He felt guilty because he was the one who dragged and forced her to go out with him. Everything was going fine until her hat fell revealing who she was.

 

He looked at the clock on the wall and noticed that his session with Kyuri would start in less than thirty minutes. Sehun hoped she would come so he would be able to get a chance to apologize for what happened. The phone rang breaking Sehun's thoughts about Kyuri.

 

Sehun reached for his phone, “Dr. Oh,” he answered in his professional voice.

 

“Sehun, it's Kyuri.”

 

“Kyuri? Are you okay? I'm sorry about what happened yesterday. Are you coming to the session? Should I come to your house instead? I think I should come see you.” All these words were being said so quickly Sehun almost ran out of breath. There was a long pause on the other side of the conversation making Sehun slightly worried.

 

“Kyuri? Are you still there?”

 

“Yes,” Kyuri weakly replied. Sehun could tell she was still in bed as her voice seemed a little groggy like how it normally is in the morning. “Sehun, I was wondering if it was okay if I just come for a brief session instead of our usual full session." 

 

“Yes of course it is!”

 

“Okay good. There's something I need to talk to you about.”

 

There was a moment of silence before Sehun could answer to Kyuri's statement. He wasn't sure by the sound of her voice, whether it was a good thing or a bad thing that Kyuri wanted just a brief session. Another thing that seemed to bother him was the fact that she actually wanted to tell him something. She was acting so different... and that scared him. 

 

By the time lunch hit, Kyuri was nowhere to be found. During every passing period, Sehun waited for her at her locker, but she didn't show. The thought of something bad happening to Kyuri made Sehun shiver, but he tried not to think the worst.

 

It was the last class of the day and Kyuri was exhausted from all the teachers lectures and the mindless talk between her peers. She just wanted to go home, unfortunately the nurse refused to call her father to pick her up and she was sent back to class.

 

Each step down the stairs felt like a challenge for her as she barely managed to make it down one step. Luckily, for her, Sehun was walking down the hall, when he saw Kyuri struggling to get down the simple steps.

 

Kyuri? Are you alright?” Like an instinct, Sehun reached for Kyuri's hand, but it was almost like she didn't hear him. “Kyuri?”

 

Slowly, Kyuri lifted her head up, smiling when she saw Sehun. “Sehunnie.”

 

Are you-” Before Sehun could finish his sentence, Kyuri passed out, but luckily Sehun caught her before she could fall to the floor. “Kyuri!”

Kyuri stopped herself before walking back into Sehun's office. Knowing Sehun, she knew he would probably apologize to her. Looking down at her wrist, she noticed that the stitches, she knew she would have to get them out soon. Kyuri took a deep breath and opened the door to Sehun's office.

 

Sehun was writing something down when he saw his patient staring straight at him. “Kyuri, sit.”

 

“I'm not going to be here long, I just wanted to tell you that I don't think you will be my psychiatrist anymore,” Kyuri said.

 

“Oh, well why not?” Sehun tried to hide his disappointment, but either way he knew Kyuri could probably tell. “Is it because of what happened yesterday, because I'm truly sor-”

 

“I know,” Kyuri interrupted before he could continue his apology. “I know you're sorry, you're always sorry, but anyways, I need you to sign these papers so I could change my psychiatrist.”

 

“I'm not signing them.”

 

“Why not?” An annoyed tone came from Kyuri's attitude at Sehun's refusal. “Just sign the papers!”

 

“No,” while Kyuri's voice was stern, Sehun stood his ground and remained calm. “I'm staying your psychiatrist.”

 

“No! Why do you want to be my psychiatrist!” Kyuri snapped. “I don't want you to be my psychiatrist! We're not even friends! You and I hate each other!” Tears started to emerge in her eyes, but Kyuri refused to let them fall at least not in front of Sehun.

 

“Kyuri, I don't hate you, I just hate what you did.” Sehun's voice started shake and crack, but he still wanted to remain the serene one.

 

“You always pull that card on me Sehun, why!? It happened so long ago and you still hate me for it! Just sign the papers, so you don't have to be reminded of the awful thing I did to you!” Kyuri no longer had control of the her own tears as they started to cascade down her face.

 

Sehun didn't mean to make her cry, he just didn't want to lose her again. “Kyuri, I don't hate. I... I love you.”

 

“What?”

 

Without even thinking, Sehun gently cupped Kyuri's cheek and brought her into a kiss. Lost in the surprise kiss, Kyuri just closed her eyes and accepted the familiar kiss. 

 

Kyuri was now in her bed thanks to Sehun, who was able to get a hold of her maid. Even though Kyuri's maid told him he could leave, he didn't want to. He wanted to be there when she woke up. While Kyuri was sleeping, Sehun was looking through her room. It was like a completely normal girly room. On Kyuri's dresser, he noticed pictures of Kyuri and her parents and the stuffed animals. The picture that caught Sehun's eye was the picture of Kyuri with her parents. Just like always Kyuri was truly smiling, not a fake smile that most people had when they took pictures.

 

Se...hun?”

 

Sehun quickly turned around at the sound of his name and saw that Kyuri was awake. “How are you feeling?” Sehun asked.

 

I'm doing good. I'm surprised you remember where I live.” Like on cue, Kyuri flashed her usual smile at Sehun. “Thank you for bringing me home, but you didn't have to stay here.”
 

I wanted to make sure you're okay.” Taking a seat next to Kyuri, Sehun could see the slight tint of red, when he said that.

 

T-thank you again Sehun.”

 

Kyuri, I have to confess something to you,” Sehun shyly admitted.

 

Oh... What is it Sehun?” Kyuri curiously asked.

 

Well... I... Um.” Sehun scratched the back of his head and couldn't help to smile like an idiot. “I've liked you ever since we went to Lotte World together and... Well, I was thinking maybe... You would like to be my... girlfriend?”

 

Sehun I-” Before Kyuri could answer, her father came in and he didn't seem happy at what he was seeing.

 

Hello Kyuri,” her father's greeting wasn't exactly the happiest and that scared Sehun.

 

Hello father, what are you doing home so early?” Kyuri asked in her polite manner.

 

The school called me saying you came home early, so I came to check up on your before my next meeting started,” he replied. “I'm didn't think you would bring a boy home, what is your name again? Sehun, isn't it?”

 

Y-yes sir,” Sehun muttered. “I just wanted to make sure Kyuri was okay, that's all.”

 

Thank you, but I think the maids can do that, so I think you should go.”

 

Yes sir.” Even though Sehun wanted to stay, he knew he couldn't because Kyuri's father probably wouldn't allow it. After Sehun collected all of his stuff, he looked back at Kyuri, who seemed sad to see him leave. “Bye Kyuri, see you at school tomorrow.”

 

Bye Sehun,” Kyuri sadly waved goodbye to her friend and watched him go out the door, leaving only her and her father alone.

 

I should probably go as well, since my meeting starts in about ten minutes,” Kyuri's father told her like she was just some receptionist or co-worker from his job.

 

Okay, goodbye father.” Kyuri wasn't surprised that her father would only come home for a brief moment, since that's what he always did. Before Kyuri's father left, he put an envelope on her desk; it was money. Every time he left somewhere or had to leave at an important moment for Kyuri, he would give her money so she could do something 'fun' by herself. It happened more than it should have.

 

Once Kyuri was alone again, she reached for her phone in her bag and decided she would text Sehun. She wanted to talk to Sehun about his question, even though she wanted to answer in person. Just thinking about the question made her blush an uncontrollable red. Just before, Kyuri was about to text Sehun, her phone started ringing. It was Krystal.

 

Hello?” Kyuri said, on the other end, Kyuri could hear the loud sobs of Krystal. “Krystal what's wrong?”

 

J-J-Jong-i-in... H-h-h-he.” Krystal's sobs were hard to understand and all Kyuri could interpret was that it had something to do with Jongin.

 

How about I come over and we can talk about it, okay?” Kyuri suggested.

 

O-O-kay,” Krystal continued sobbing as she hung up the phone.

 

I guess Sehun will have to wait,” Kyuri thought to herself as she jumped out of bed.