Chapter 4: Close-minded and Afraid of Change

I'll Fix Your Unhealable Wound

 

The next day at school, Sehun was hoping to see Kyuri again at school, but when he walked into the classroom she was nowhere to be seen. He saw Jongin and Krystal conversing like how they always did. Sehun just shook his head at Jongin's actions, he knew Krystal loved him yet Jongin just toyed with her emotions just so he could use her for . It was disgusting.

 

Sehun approached his friend, “Have any of you seen Kyuri?”

 

Krystal just examined Sehun from head to toe before smirking. “Nope she called in sick today, but I'm guessing you were the one who stole her from karaoking with us yesterday.”
 

You were with Kyuri yesterday?” A suspicious smile appeared on Jongin's face and Sehun knew what it was implying.

 

No, I didn't do anything with her, I just spend a little time with her at Lotte World.”

 

Lotte World? Aw how cute!” Krystal exclaimed. “I wish a boy would take me there.” She glanced at Jongin hoping to give him a hint, but he just continued listening to Sehun.

 

Anyways, if Kyuri is sick should I go visit her? I mean, you know, bring her her homework,” Sehun asked Krystal.

 

If you want to, I've never been to her house, but she gave me her address.” Krystal got a piece of paper from her notebook and scribbled Kyuri's address for Sehun. “Maybe if her parents aren't home you can do some more special stuff with Miss. Kyuri.”

 

No I'm fine with just checking to see if she's okay,” Sehun mumbled as he went to go take his seat.

 

Before Jongin could take his seat next to Sehun, Krystal stepped in front of him. “So Jongin, maybe we can do something tonight? My parents won't be home since they'll be going out to dinner with a couple friends.”


“Hm... Love to, but can't. I have to study for a test,” Jongin just walked past Krystal and took his seat leaving Krystal heart-brokened.

"Why do you like Jongin?" Sehun asked Krystal. 

"Because... He was my first," Krystal admitted. "You know they say you'll always have some sort of attachment with your first time. It's better to have your first time with someone you truly love and someone who truly loves you."

 

 

Kyuri was careful to keep her sunglasses on and her hair hidden under her cap, given to her by Sehun. She tried her best to not look like herself, for she would probably get trampled by the paparazzi. Kyuri and Sehun were both at Lotte World after Sehun dragged Kyuri here instead of being stuck in Sehun's office.

 

Sehun could see Kyuri trembling under the fear of getting caught at any moment and felt bad for her. Trying to show her comfort, Sehun gently reached for her hand, but she immediately snatched it away. Even though her sunglasses lens were dark, he could still tell she was glaring at him. Kyuri adjusted her cap once again and quickened her pace. Another sigh escaped Sehun's lips as he thought of how he got into this mess in the first place.

 

Sehun tried to keep up with Kyuri and tried his best to keep a sincere smile on his face. “So what ride do you want to go on first?”
 

If I go on a ride my sunglasses and cap will fall off and I'll be revealed. Do you want that?!” Kyuri snapped. “You should have never brought me here!” Kyuri stormed off and Sehun didn't feel like chasing after her. He decided it would be best to wait for her to cool down before he said anything else to her.

 

Finding Kyuri's house wasn't hard for Sehun, but bringing himself to ring the doorbell was the difficult part. He was nearly standing at the door for five minutes when he finally brought himself to knock. He could hear the footsteps of someone walking to the door and when the door opened, Sehun saw a middle-aged man wearing a suit, whom he guessed was Kyuri's father.

 

Uh... Hi,” Sehun fixed his collar on his school uniform. “Is Gyeon Kyuri here?”

 

Who are you?” The man asked.

 

I-I'm Oh Sehun, I'm one of Kyuri's classmates. I brought her homework for her.”

 

The man looked at Sehun suspiciously, “Alright, Kyuri's room is upstairs, the first door on the right.”

 

Sehun just nodded and walked in with Kyuri's books. He gazed in awe at the marble floor and the grand staircase. Without looking back, Sehun followed the man's instructions and went upstairs. Once he reached upstairs he saw the first door on the right and gently knocked on the door.

 

Who is it?” A soft voice from the other side of the door asked.

 

Kyuri? It's Sehun.” Sehun didn't wait for a reply and opened the door. He saw Kyuri resting in her pure white silk canopy bed. She was still in her night gown and Sehun could tell that she wasn't wearing any light make-up like how she normally did.

 

A weak smile could be seen on her face, when she saw Sehun. “Sehun? How did you-? What are you doing here?”

 

I came to bring your homework to you and if you're wondering how I found your house, Krystal gave me your address. Do you mind?”

 

Kyuri shook her head, “No I like company, who you like to sit? You can grab a chair.”
 

Sehun grabbed the chair by her desk and scooted to Kyuri's side. “Are you feeling alright? How sick are you?”

 

Not that sick, I just have a little fever, but I'll come back to school tomorrow.”

 

That's good, um... Kyuri?”

 

Yes Sehun?”

 

I was wondering, once you feel better maybe we...? Could go on another date?”
 

A date?” Kyuri repeated shocked, but her smile still remained.

 

Yeah...” Sehun said. “What do you say?”

 

Before Kyuri could answer, there was another knock at her door. “Come in,” Kyuri called out to the person. It was the man that answered the door for Sehun.

 

Kyuri, is your friend going to leave soon? I don't want to leave you alone with him,” the man told Kyuri.

 

Yes, he will, father. Don't worry, when is mom coming home?” Kyuri asked. Sehun was right, it was Kyuri's father.

 

Your mother is coming home soon, I'll be back home late tonight. Don't call me since I'll be in a meeting,” Kyuri's father said. Before he left he placed a kiss on Kyuri's forehead. Sehun felt like Kyuri's father forced himself into kissing Kyuri's forehead, to show that he had some sort of affection for his daughter in front of company.
 

Bye father.” Kyuri's smile faded when her father left the room. She closed her eyes again and rested her head on her pillow, almost forgetting Sehun was there. “My father isn't always like this in care you're wondering.”

 

Oh no... He seems like a good dad.”

 

Kyuri opened her eyes and her smile reappeared. “You should probably go.”

 

Okay, bye Kyuri.” Sehun got up from his seat and almost made his way out the door.


“Oh Sehun!” Kyuri called out.

 

Sehun turned back and poked his head through the door. “Yes?”

 

I would love to go on another date with you.”

 

Sehun found Kyuri sitting on a bench next to the carousel, sipping on a cup of coffee. It was difficult for Sehun to reach out to Kyuri, but he knew he would have to try hard to get rid of Kyuri's tough shell. Kyuri noticed him as he took the spot next to her, but she didn't say a single word.

 

Did you want to go on the carousel? If I remember it's not that fast, so I think your cap will stay on,” Sehun offered.

 

Kyuri just turned to him and just nodded. “Sure.”

 

It was a different feeling than Kyuri remembered. The first thing that came to Kyuri's mind was the first time she rode the carousel with Sehun. The feeling back then was different than how it was now. She wasn't sure if she liked this new feeling or not. Sehun stood right next to her, when Kyuri got on one of the horses.

 

You're not going to get on one?” Kyuri asked Sehun.

 

No, I want to make sure you're okay,” Sehun said.

 

Once the ride started, Kyuri remained silent, but Sehun saw her half smile. She seemed to be getting better, which made Sehun feel accomplished. He was glad that he was able to get her on at least one ride.

 

Do you remember the first time we rode on the carousel?” Kyuri asked Sehun.
 

Sehun turned to Kyuri, “Yes.” To Sehun's surprise, Kyuri reached for his hand. Just like Sehun thought, her hands were soft yet they were cold.

 

I still one day hope I get to be Han Jung Suh like in Stairway to Heaven,” Kyuri admitted.

 

When Kyuri and Sehun got off the ride, Kyuri seemed a little more light-hearted than she was earlier. Sehun was confused, but he didn't want to question Kyuri, thinking that if he did it would send her back to her cold ways. Finally, Kyuri was walking side by side with Sehun and was actually smiling.

 

Kyuri, I brought you here because I thought you would feel better,” Sehun said.

 

I do feel somewhat better,” Kyuri admitted.

 

Good, but Kyuri, you have to cooperate with me if you want to get better. I know you hate me and if you want to stop seeing me everyday then you have to tell me why you tried killing yourself,” Sehun said. “You can't just be quiet and expect everyday to be like this.”

 

In almost an instant, Kyuri's smile faded. “There's nothing wrong with me.”
 

Kyuri, there is,” Sehun sternly stated.

 

Close-minded and afraid of change,” Kyuri whispered.


“What?”

 

Nothing, lets just go,” Kyuri replied sadly. She turned around, but she bumped into someone. Kyuri fell to the ground as well as her sunglasses and her hat; her long hair rippling down her back. It was almost like time stopped for Kyuri and Sehun, when the person who bumped into her realized who she was.

 

Oh my god, it's Kyra!” The person exclaimed.

 

Come on Kyuri! Lets go!” Sehun helped Kyuri back up, along with getting her sunglasses and hat and jolted to the entrance. People noticed Kyuri and started chasing after her screaming her stage name and asking for her autograph. Cameras flashed in front of Kyuri's face, making her almost go blind.

 

People started asking her various questions like, “Are you feeling better?” or “Why did you try to commit suicide?” It was all too much for her. She wanted to get away, she needed to.

 

Sehun led Kyuri into a taxi and sat beside her. Sehun looked back at the crowds of people as they drove away. The only things that could be heard were Kyuri and Sehun's heavy breathing from all the running. At any moment now, Kyuri would break down into tears, but she kept herself together, not to cry in front of Sehun.

 

I'm sorry,” Sehun breathed.



 

Author's Note: 
I know it's been a while.... 4 months, but hey I'm back! Sorry for being gone for so long, I've been really busy.