Chapter 3: Lotte World

I'll Fix Your Unhealable Wound

 

Kyuri woke up from the sunlight peaking through her curtains. Rubbing her eyes, Kyuri yawned and turned over to her clock. It was only 8AM, but she was used to waking up earlier. Kyuri almost forgot that she was an idol because of the fact that she hasn't done any activities since her attempted suicide. She plopped back down, her eyes looking up at the ceiling.

 

What to do today?” Kyuri asked herself. Her entire schedule was clear for the first time in six years and though Kyuri has always planned hat she wanted to do when her schedule was free, at that very moment she didn't know anything. Now that she had the free time there was nothing she really wanted. On her night stand next to her, Kyuri's cell phone started ringing.

 

Who would call me this early?” Kyuri reached for her phone and saw it was her manager. Hesitant to answer, she didn't know whether she should just ignore the call or answer. Then again, Kyuri knew if she didn't her manager would barge into her house thinking Kyuri was planning another suicide.

 

Hello?” Kyuri mumbled.


“Kyuri, are you awake yet? If not get up right now, you have another session with Dr. Oh today,” Kyuri manager instructed.

 

Do I have to go to Se- I mean Dr. Oh's sessions? It's pointless,” Kyuri rolled her eyes as she already knew the answer to her question.

 

Almost exactly on Kyuri's cue her manager replied, “No, you have to see Dr. Oh, he's trying to help you.”

 

He's not really good at it,” Kyuri mumbled. “Can I just skip today's session?”

 

A sigh came from her manager, “Kyuri no. You have to go, you need help.”

 

I don't need help!” Kyuri snapped. The doorbell rang, Kyuri walked downstairs and opened the door. It was her father. “I'll call you back,” Kyuri hung up on her manager not even caring if her manager would stay mad at her or not.

 

Good morning Kyuri,” her father's stern voice always meant that Kyuri was going to get lectured.

 

What are you doing here?” Kyuri bitterly replied.

 

I called Dr. Oh and he told me about how you're not progressing very far in your sessions.”
 

I've only been to two so cut me some slack,” Kyuri rolled her eyes. “Did you forget what happened between me and Sehun?”

 

Why do you think I wanted Sehun to be your psychiatrist? You need to resolve your problems with him.”

 

Why? He ruined my life! Why would I want to resolve my problems with him?! I HATE him!” Kyuri added emphasis on the word hate, because she truly deeply did have a strong hate for him. “Why do you want me to talk to someone about my issues when he's apart of the issue!”

 

Because I don't want to lose you!” Kyuri's father snapped. “You're all I have left, so you can't do something crazy like this again.”

 

You're not the boss of me...” Kyuri mumured.

 

I'm your father, so you could at least respect me. Now hurry up and get dressed so I can take you to your session with Dr. Oh.”

 

Sehun looked at Kyuri, who was happily smiling as they walked through the city of Seoul enjoying the scenery. She seemed oblivious to everything around her, making it seem as if the world was just her. From the corner of her eyes, Kyuri noticed Sehun staring at her and faced him.

 

What are you staring at?” Kyuri giggled at Sehun's emotionless face, but her voice caught him off guard.

 

Oh... Uh... You have a nice smile,” Sehun sheepishly said. He saw Kyuri blush a little at his compliment.

 

So... Um... Where are we going?” Kyuri wondered.

 

Where do you want to go?” Sehun asked.

 

Hm...” Kyuri tapped her chin with her finger, when she thought of an idea her face immediately lit up. “Lets go to *Lotte World!”

 

Aren't we a little too old to go there?” Sehun gave Kyuri a strange look.

 

We're never to old to go to Lotte World! Come on!”

 

The only way they could get to Lotte World was to take the subway, which wasn't a problem for Sehun. Throughout the whole subway ride there was nothing but silence between them. Kyuri was humming a song, which Sehun couldn't really tell what it was, but it seemed interesting to him just because Kyuri seemed happy humming it. When they arrived, Kyuri was squealing like an eight year old. She held onto Sehun's arm and led him towards the entrance way.
 

Where should we go first?” Sehun asked.

 

Lets go on to teacup ride!” Kyuri ran towards the ride leaving Sehun completely amazed at how much of a little kid Kyuri was being. Realizing that Sehun was not behind her, Kyuri turned back around and saw Sehun still standing by the entrance. “Sehun, come on!”

 

Oh... Sorry.” Not only did Kyuri's childish attitude surprise Sehun, but it was the fact that just a day ago Kyuri rejected Sehun. Sehun was a little glad that Kyuri didn't act so awkward about how she rejected him, it was like she completely forgot about it.

 

Kyuri was already sitting in a teacup patiently waiting for Sehun to sit with her. Sehun took his seat across from Kyuri and slowly the teacups started spinning. As the ride moved faster, Kyuri started laughing. Seeing Kyuri smile made instantly made Sehun smile, her happiness was just contagious.

 

 

Kyuri was having breakfast at her favorite restaurant. Now that she was taking a break from her career, she felt obligated to eat whatever she wanted. Unfortunately, because Kyuri's stomach was used to not eating much, she just ordered Miso soup. So Kyuri didn't feel alone, Kyuri called her friend, Krystal to come meet her.
 

Krystal arrived almost blind from all the photographers outside the restaurant. “How do you get around without those crazy people following you all the time?”

I just try not to go anywhere,” Kyuri honestly answered. “I haven't been anywhere fun in years.”

 

Oh that's not true, you've been to the States before and you've been Europe and China, you've been almost everywhere.”
 

Well, I can't really go anywhere. Haven't you heard? I'm crazy?” Kyuri tried to laugh, but Krystal could hear the angst in her voice.

 

You're not crazy... You're just confused.” Krystal's eyes met with Kyuri's bandaged wound and she flinched a little. “I heard Sehun's your therapist.”

 

Psychiatrist,” Kyuri corrected. “I don't want to talk about him.”

 

Kyuri, it's been a really long time since that thing between you and Sehun happened. Are you alright with talking to him about your issues?” Krystal wondered.


“I don't really have a choice, if I don't then my dad will probably make me stop singing.”

 

Do you even want to still be an idol?”

 

Kyuri shrugged, “I don't really care if my career is over or not, I mean it's not like I wanted to do this my whole life, right?”

 

 

 

 

Dr. Oh, it's almost time for Miss. Gyeon's next appointment, would you like me to tell you when she gets her or will you be waiting for her outside?” Sehun's receptionist asked him. He was signing paperwork and didn't even hear the entire statement. Looking up, Sehun squinted a little, his eyes a little dry from not blinking.

 

Uh... Yeah,” Sehun grumbled.

 

Okay.”

 

Once Sehun's receptionist left his office, he put his pen down and leaned back in his chair closing his eyes for a couple minutes. He knew that if he were to be stuck with Kyuri in his office again for almost two hours there would be no progress again. They needed to do something else, something that wasn't so boring. It was 10 AM and Kyuri's session was at 12, so he had enough time to think of something to do with Kyuri rather than sit in the office.

 

 

After going on a couple more rides and playing a couple games, Sehun and Kyuri were enjoying ice cream now. They were roaming around the amusement park, Kyuri held a big brown teddy bear with a red bow tied around it's neck, that Sehun won for her.

 

So... Why did you come to Seoul?” Sehun wasn't sure why he asked such a random question, but he wanted to get to know Kyuri more, so why not ask random questions?”

 

My dad wanted to move here for his job and my mother likes the city,” Kyuri said. “It's strange, but she says in the city you get more attention than you do out in the country.”


“Oh, what do your parent's do?”

 

My father is a lawyer and my mother is a vocalist teacher.”
 

Oh is that why you like singing?”

 

How did you know I like singing?” Kyuri asked.


Sehun felt stupid for saying such a thing since Kyuri never actually told him that she sang before. “Um... Well... Uh... Krystal told me.”

 

Right of course,” Kyuri's smile appeared again, making Sehun a little weak. “What about your parents?”

 

My dad, he's a cardiac surgeon and my mom... I don't have a mom. She died giving birth to me.” Sehun tried to contain his grief for his mother by trying not to make eye contact with Kyuri.

 

I'm sorry, I didn't mean-”

 

No, it's okay. It's not like I knew her anyways.”

 

Kyuri didn't want to Sehun in anguish she wanted to change the subject. “Lets go on the carousel!” She grabbed Sehun's hand and led him on the carousel. Kyuri got on one of the horses, while Sehun just stood beside her completely lost by the total change in mood. “Don't you want to get on of the horses?”

 

No, it's okay, I'll just stand by you,” Sehun said.
 

I'm allergic,” admitted Kyuri as the ride started.

 

What?”

 

I'm allergic to horses, mostly almost every animal, so when I was younger I used to ride the carousel, because I couldn't ride real horses. At first I was always afraid to ride carousels, but I remember seeing the couple on *Stairway to Heaven come here and ride the carousel so I always thought maybe when I'm older I could come here with the person I love. I've always wanted someone to love me the way Song Joo loved Jung Suh. It's strange but sometimes you only love what you can't have.”

 

Kyuri, I really had a good time with you.” Sehun hoped that him saying that would make Kyuri feel a little better.

 

Me too, I like spending time with you Sehun. We should do this again sometime.”

 

Yeah, we should.”

 

Kyuri walked into the doors of the psychiatrist office. She saw Sehun standing there waiting for her and for the first time since she started her sessions he was smiling at her.

 

Why are you looking at me like that?” Kyuri asked a little scared, she thought that Sehun would probably sign her up so she could be lobotomized.


“Today we're going to do something a little different,” Sehun told her.

 

Okay... What?”

 

We're going to Lotte World,” Sehun happily said.

 


Author's Note: 
Hey everybody! Sorry for not uploading sooner! I feel like I say that every author's note. Lol. 

 

*Lotte World is an actual amusement park in Seoul, Korea. Its the biggest indoor amusement park in the entire world and it was a setting for the K-drama Stairway to Heaven. 

*Stairway to Heaven, if you didn't already know is a well known K-drama starring Kwon Sang Woo, who plays Cha Song Joo and Choi Ji Woo who plays Han Jung Suh.