Chapter 1: A First Session

I'll Fix Your Unhealable Wound

 

A little after 12 PM, Sehun was impatiently waiting for Kyuri to arrive. He was dreading it, yet he wanted to see if she was actually as crazy as everyone said. He was in his office sitting at his desk tapping his pen. The only thing making noise was the clock ticking and the tapping of the pen.

"Should I call her Kyuri or Kyra?" Sehun asked himself. "Whatever she prefers I guess..."

My receptionist poked her head through the door. "Dr. Oh, Miss. Hyeon is here."

"Oh... Okay, I guess I'll go greet her..." Sehun stood up from his comfortable spot and went out to go greet her. Outside, he saw flashes from cameras as a crowd of people surrounded the young singer. The way she looked was utterly ridiculous to Sehun. She was dressed as if she was going out to a party rather than a psychiatrist session. When the doors closed, Kyuri took off her sunglasses that kept her away from flashes.

A tall man, whom Sehun remembered was Kyuri's father was holding onto her hand as if she was a six year old getting ready to cross the street.. Sehun remembered meeting him a couple times when he was in high school, but other than that he knew nothing about him.

"Hello Dr. Oh," Kyuri's father greeted. He let go of Kyuri's hand to shake Sehun's hand.

"Hello sir," Sehun replied. Sehun's lisp made it a little hard for him to say sir, it sound more like "thir." He turned to Kyuri who was looking down at her phone. "Hello."

Kyuri raised her head a little, but she still kept her eyes locked onto her phone screen. "Hi..."

"Dr. Oh, each session will be about an 1 and a half," Kyuri's father said. "I think that will be enough time yes?"

"Too much time," Sehun thought in his head. "Of course it'll be fine," Sehun said to her father.

"Okay, well, I guess I better leave. I'll pick you up later okay Kyuri?" Kyuri's father kissed her forehead, to which she twitched at the sudden kind act.

"Bye," Kyuri mumbled. "And I don't need you to child me."

"Kyuri, I have to child you, you almost died," her father hissed. "I will treat you like an adult when you act like one."

"I almost!" Kyuri snapped. "I wish I did."


"Kyuri, don't be your mother," her father whispered to her before leaving back into the crowd of paparazzi and flashing camera. When the noise calmed and there was no one paying attention, it was now just Sehun and Kyuri.

"We should head to my office," Sehun said, "to start our session..."

"Oh, okay," Kyuri mumbled as she followed Sehun.

Who was this girl? Sehun thought as he walked into his office, she didn't seem like the Kyuri he knew a couple years ago when they were Juniors in high school.

 

“Uh... You can take a seat,” Sehun told Kyuri as he pointed to the leather couch.

 

“Okay...” As Kyuri sat down Sehun noticed her bandaged wrist and saw the blood that seeped through.

 

Sehun did his usual routine and sat across from Kyuri. For the first time in his work life, he didn't know how to start the session. Her cold stare made him nervous and he wasn't sure whether he wanted to just yell at her or what. He didn't know this girl right in front of him. This cold-hearted, , he would put it. She looked like a drug addict, anorexic, everything horrible. Not the bubbly girl she was. Who was she? Why was she like this? The only thing Sehun thought of was that day.

 

It was the first day of junior year in high school and Sehun dreaded this day. He hated not being able to sleep in or not hang out with his friends everyday. He missed the summer and he was pretty sure the summer missed him. The school halls were filled with tired students complaining about teachers and how they wished the school year was already over. Sehun was at his locker trying to shove all his new notebooks and textbooks in his locker.

 

Sehunnie~!” Sehun sighed at the sound of Kim Jongin's voice. Though Jongin was his best friend, he was too tired to even care about anyone right now. Jongin leaned against the locker next to Sehun's. “Good morning our lispy maknae.”

 

Lispy isn't even a word,” Sehun muttered. “What do you want?”
 

You could sound a little happy to see your best friend,” Kai laughed at Sehun's usual grumpiness. “I'm happy to see you.”
 

Jongin what do you want?” Sehun repeated.


“It's a new school year and you know what that means?”
 

No.”

 

New students to meet, which means new girls to get with,” Kai said. “Don't act like you don't want a girlfriend to get with.”

I don't want a girlfriend.” Sehun slammed his locker closed and turned to Kai. “Besides, I'm not like you.”

 

Come on Sehun, you're the only in the group. Maybe this will be the year you finally give yourself away to someone,” Kai replied.

 

I don't want to have with anyone unless I love them.” Sehun already told all his friends that and yet they all said the same thing.

 

Sehun, stop being a girl,” Kai teased. “You are the only guy I know who thinks like that. When are you going to get it in?”

 

Stop being gross.”

 

Jongin started playfully punching Sehun's arm. “Come on! Don't be a girl.”
 

Excuse me?” There was a little cough and Sehun and Jongin looked over to see a petite girl in front of them.

 

Your excused,” Kai rudely said.

 

Your standing in front of my locker,” the girl replied politely even after Jongin's comment. Sehun and Jongin just stared at her like she was foreign. Her preppy voice made Sehun squirm.

 

Oh, sorry,” Kai moved out of the way as the girl moved up to her locker right next to Sehun's. She put in her locker combination and placed her books in her locker. Sehun just stared at the girl, trying to think if he's ever seen her before last year. She was pretty to Sehun, but she didn't seem like anything special.

 

Are you new?” Jongin asked the girl as if he was reading Sehun's thoughts.

 

Yes, I am. I just transferred this year,” She replied.

 

Oh, well I'm Kim Jongin and this is my friend-”
 

I'm sorry, but I don't talk to strangers,” she replied. “But it was nice meeting you... what was it? Jongin oppa?”

 

So if you call me oppa does that mean you're interested in me?” Jongin asked.

 

Just because I call you 'oppa' doesn't mean I'm exactly interested in you, I'm just being respectful.” The girl just smirked and left without anything else to say.

 

I'm just being respectful,” Jongin mockingly mimicked. “Gosh, you can tell she's new to this school. Right Sehun? I mean she's pretty and all but that personality is just a turn off.”

 

Lets just get to class,” Sehun started walking leaving Jongin behind.

 

Hey wait!” Jongin ran up to Sehun and wrapped his arm around Sehun's neck. “You know what I have a good feeling about this year, don't you?” When Sehun and Jongin walked into the classroom, all their friends were sitting in their seats already talking.

 

Krystal Jung, one of Jongin's previous hook-ups saw Sehun and Jongin and immediately smiled. “Hi Jongin! Hi Sehun!”

 

Hi Krystal,” Sehun and Jongin both greeted at the same time.


“How was summer without me Jongin?” Krystal asked. Sehun could already tell she was flirting with him. “Too bad I couldn't stay here in Seoul with you, but my parents wanted me to go see my older sister's university with them in America.”

 

It's fine you didn't miss anything,” Jongin replied. “Did you have fun without me?”

 

I could never have fun without you,” Krystal smirked.

 

Sehun just rolled his eyes at the sight of Krystal and Jongin flirting. He took his seat and opened his notebook to get ready for the boring lesson of calculus. Right next to him sat his other friend, Do Kyungsoo, who was talking to Kim Joonmyeon, his other friend as well.

 

Joonmyeon noticed his younger friend and waved. “Hey, how was your summer?”

 

It was good,” Sehun said.

 

Oh, did you do anything fun with your parents? Did you go to Busan?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

Nope, my parents just went, I decided to stay home,” Sehun replied. The classroom door opened again, and the three of them turned. Sehun noticed that it was the girl that Jongin talked to earlier in the halls by his locker. She took the seat behind Sehun and opened her calculus book. Kyungsoo and Joonmyeon didn't even care to notice her and continued talking.

 

Okay class settle down!” Their teacher, Mr. Park walked into the classroom and everyone bustled into their seats.

 

Just like every other boring first day of school, the teacher introduced themselves and talked about what they would learn for the year. Almost everyone almost fell asleep in class and Sehun couldn't help but think if the girl that sat right behind him noticed that he was the friend with the rude Jongin from earlier. After a couple more classes, everyone was thrilled that it was lunch as they could finally converse more with their friends. Sehun noticed that he had almost every class with the mysterious girl and in all classes he didn't even get the opportunity to talk to her let alone know her name.

 

Sehun tried to look around for her at lunch, but no luck. He was roaming around the cafeteria trying to find her. At the lunch table where all his friends were sitting, he saw Krystal again with her friend, Luna. Sehun's two other friends, Park Chanyeol and Byun Baekhyun were talking to the two of them, when they saw Sehun.

 

Sehun, are you okay? You seem a little lost?” Baekhyun asked.

He probably saw a pretty girl,” Chanyeol joked.

 

Doubt it, Sehun doesn't like anyone,” Baekhyun teased. “I mean he's the only in our group.”
 

It's okay to be the only in the group,” Krystal told Sehun. “It'll make the girl you actually share that moment make her feel special.”

 

Is that what you told yourself when you slept with Jongin?” Baekhyun asked.

 

Only to find out that he wasn't a right afterwords,” Chanyeol added.


“I don't care, I still love Jongin and I think he loves me,” Krystal snapped.


“Sure he does,” Baekhyun said rolling his eyes. He noticed Sehun wasn't even listening to anything they said. “Sehun, what are looking for?”

 

Krystal, do you remember that girl that sat behind me in calculus?” Sehun wondered.


Krystal shook her head, “Are you talking about Hyeon Kyuri? She's in my choir class.”

 

So you know her?”

 

Nope, she just impressed the choir teacher with her voice. I haven't talked to her, but she seems really bubbly it's kind of annoying,” Krystal admitted. “Don't even go there Sehun, because she seems so out of your league.”

 

Aw, does our maknae finally have a crush on a girl?” Baekhyun teased.

 

No, I don't even know her,” Sehun defended. “I just wanted to know her name, since Jongin talked to her when we were at my locker.”


“Jongin was talking to her?” An alarm went off in Krystal's head. “What were they talking about?”

 

Don't worry Jongin thinks she's annoying,” Sehun knew that Krystal had a hint of jealousy when he mentioned Jongin's conversation with Kyuri. Krystal started looking around the cafeteria, when she saw Kyuri talking to Amber Liu.
 

I'll be right back,” Krystal left the table walking over to Amber and Kyuri. “Hi!”

 

Hi Krystal,” Amber weakly smiled at the preppy girl.

 

You're Kyuri right? Hi, I'm Krystal Jung!” Krystal put on a fake smile to make herself seem more friendly but it made her seem more scary.

 

Yes, I am. It's nice to meet you,” Kyuri replied.

 

You're so pretty, you should hang out with me and my friends sometime,” Krystal suggested.

 

Krystal, what are you doing?” Amber mumbled.

 

I'm being friendly,” Krystal hissed at Amber. She turned back to Kyuri still keeping her smile on her face. “Did you want to sit with me and my friends?”
 

Um... No I think I-” Kyuri was interrupted by Krystal yanking her arm and dragging her to the table.

 

You're going to love my friends,” Krystal squealed. “Guys, this is Kyuri.”

 

Hi, I'm Luna,” Luna was a little confused at Krystal's kind gesture toward Kyuri, but was she just remained friendly.

 

Oh and this is Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and Sehun,” Krystal introduced the boys, who just waved. “Guys, isn't Kyuri just so pretty and nice.”

 

How would we know she's nice if you don't even let her talk,” Chanyeol muttered.


Krystal glared at Chanyeol. “Anyways, Kyuri is going to be hanging out with us now, right Kyuri?”
 

Sure, I suppose so. I love making new friends,” Kyuri replied.

 

Isn't this great? We're going to have the greatest time ever!” Krystal's smile was so big, if she smiled any bigger her face would probably rip apart. She brought Kyuri into a hug. “I know we're all going to be best friends, right?”

 

An hour and fifteen minutes already passed and there was no progress whats so ever. This session was more than half way over and there was nothing said or done. In fact, Kyuri didn't even say anything to Sehun. Her entire body didn't even move, just her eyes as they gazed around the room. Sehun started to get really impatient at her behavior, just sitting there hearing his own thoughts was started to get on his nerves.

 

“Kyuri, this session is supposed to help you, I hope you know that,” Sehun informed, he tried his best to contain the annoyance in his voice, but it just came out. “Or do you prefer me calling you Kyra? Since that's what everyone else calls you.”
 

“Kyuri is fine, thank you,” Kyuri snapped. “and I don't need these sessions, I don't even know why I'm here.”
 

“Because you tried to commit suicide and people who care about you are worried about losing you,” Sehun said. “Don't you understand?”

 

“No one cares about me,” Kyuri mumbled. “I don't even care about myself.”

 

Sehun eyed Kyuri's bandaged wrist and tried to think of a way to get her to open up. “That's not true, I'm pretty sure your father cares about you, which is why he brought you here. What about your friends?”

 

“Krystal and Amber don't even know I'm here,” Kyuri replied. It almost didn't dawn on Sehun that Kyuri was still friends with Krystal and Amber. He was surprised she didn't throw them away from more famous friends.

 

Realizing that there wasn't much time left in this session, Sehun decided he would go straight to the point. He didn't want to end this session without at least knowing one thing about Kyuri. “Kyuri, why did you commit suicide?”

 

Kyuri turned finally making eye contact with Sehun. “What do you think?”

 

“Well, most people commit suicide because they feel like there's no more hope or will to live on so they take their lives. I'm guessing you must have felt depressed because of an act-”

 

“Why are you talking to me?” Kyuri asked.

 

“What?”

 

“Why are you talking to me like you're just meeting me for the first time? Why are you treating me like I'm some regular patient?!” Kyuri stood up. “I hate you!”

 

“That makes two of us,” Sehun muttered, “and I don't need you screaming at me when I'm trying to help you!”

 

“Who said I wanted your help?! I was forced to come here!”

 

“Well I was forced to help you! If I had a choice I wouldn't even let you in my office! You ruined my life!” Sehun shouted.

 

Kyuri felt a strange pierce through her heart when she heard Sehun say those words. “I only ruined your life because you ruined mine.” Kyuri grabbed her things and walked out of Sehun's office slamming the door behind her.

 

Sehun groaned at his failed session with Kyuri. He didn't mean to say those things to her, but they just came out. She attacked him first saying how she hated him, but still he had a sense of guilt running through him.

 

 


 

Author's Note: 

Wow, I'm surprised I posted this first chapter, but I was so excited about this story, I wanted to get this up for you guys! Sorry if the first chapter is a little boring, but hopefully it will progress as I keep writing!