Game Plan

Starting Fresh

Luhan looked up at Sehun from his burger and fries and smiled. Sehun thought that he kind of looked like a chipmunk with his cheeks full of food, but a cute one at that. He quickly finished chewing and gulped down his food.  Sehun fought off a grin at the older boys adorable look of excitement and continued to talk about his game plan.

"...so for tonight we can get a hotel around here, and then finish the drive to Seoul in the morning. We might have to spend a few nights in a hotel in Seoul too before we find a place. Is that okay with you?"

Luhan nodded with a mouth already full of another bite of fries. Sehun just kept talking.

"I still can't believe he kicked me out. HE was the one cheating on ME. He blamed it on me being boring and this offering him "adventure" but I think he was just looking for someone to blame other then himself. I also can't believe I'm running away to live with a stranger..." Sehun let his voice trail off a little as he crooked his head sideways at Luhan and gave him a questioning look.

"Luhan," Sehun began again, "is there a reason you haven't punched me out for babbling yet or are you just hoping I'll buy your food?"

"Oh gosh, no I just..." Luhan searched for the right words,"I just feel bad for you. He seems like he wasn't worth your while anyway. Also, I hope we won't stay strangers for long."

Luhan flashed the younger a friendly smile and started back at his food. Was there something else in his eyes, or was it just Sehun reading into things? Luhan had almost finished his burger, fries and large coke and Sehun had hardly dented his small ice cream. 

"Well, as much as I'm enjoying you letting me vent, we should probably go," Sehun suggested and Luhan mumbled an agreement through his last huge bite of food. 

Luhan took the wheel once they were back on the road, claiming he knew the area that Sehun didn't even know the name of. I've known the guy for seven hours and I'm already trusting him with my car, Sehun thought. Nonetheless, Luhan did land them in relatively inexpensive hotel. 

Luhan got them booked into a room and lead a very exhausted Sehun to the correct door. Sehun stumbled in first and dropped his and Luhan's small bags on the floor, the springs of the bed creaking as he let his body collapse on it.  He let out what could only be described as a moan as he settled into the pillow and pulled the blanket over himself.

Luhan cleared his throat and began speaking softly, "S-Sehun? I-I'm really sorry I didn't know but there's uh...only one bed."

Sehun was glad he was face down in the pillow in that moment because an impossibly wide grin spread across his face. He tried hard, and somewhat unsuccessfully to cover his happiness up when he spoke.

"Dude, I'm so tired , I would even share a bed with my old boss Chanyeol, and his roommate told  me he farts in his sleep."

Luhan let out a sigh of relief and plunked down beside Sehun on the mattress, a grin mirroring Sehun's hidden one covered his face as the comfort of the bed hit him. "Thanks Sehun you're being really cool about this even though we just met this morning. I honestly needed a fresh start and I'm really glad we found each other, I think we are going to be really good frien-"

Sehun lifted an arm and plopped it down on Luhan's hand that had been assisting his speech. 

"Luhan," Sehun used the hand that wasn't overlapping Luhan's to reach over and click the light off.

"Yeah?"

"Go the to sleep"

They both pretended to not be aware of their touching hands. They, however, were both very aware of their touching hands. They slept with just their hands touching all night. 

~

Sehun woke up the next day to a very bright room and had to blink a few times to adjust to the light.  When he, did he was faced with a view of Luhan with his head propped up on his hand and a crooked smile on his face. 

"Luhan...wha..what are you doing?" Sehun asked, his voice husky from just waking up. He reached up to rub the sleep out of his eyes and sat up in bed. 

"You're cute when you're sleeping"

"The dude? That's creepy!" Sehun was fully awake now, misjudging slightly how hard he kicked Luhan and sending the older boy off the edge of the bed. 

Luhan stood up and rubbed his head, merely laughing at Sehun's discomfort in his compliment. "Why do you always call me that?"

"Call you what?"

"Dude."

"Would you rather me call you Prancer? Because you kind of look like a reindeer sometimes."

To this Luhan just grinned mischievously and retorted with, "If it's some kind of cute pet name you can call me whatever you want."

Just as Sehun was about to make a snarky reply to Luhan's silly flirting he got a view of the time. 

"Luhan, we have to leave now! Check out time is in five minutes and I don't know about you, but I don't want to have to pay for another night."

The boys quickly gathered what little belongings they had and made their way to the front desk. The young lady had informed them that they were fifteen minutes past checkout, but she would make an exception for two "very handsome young men," and then left a phone number on a card for them. The two left the building stifling giggles and sat back down in Sehun's car, bursting out in laughter instantly. Luhan was the first to speak.

"Sehun, I kind of feel bad for her! She doesn't even know that neither of us like girls!"

Oh.

Oh.

Sehun had just assumed that Luhan was straight, that he was joking when he was flirting with him. He's seen straight guys joke like that between each other and tried not to think much of it. No, just because he likes guys doesn't mean he likes you, Sehun reminded himself as he mustered a chuckle from the passengers seat. Luhan volunteered to drive the rest of the way to Seoul, because Sehun had driven all day the day before.

Shaking his head of complicated thoughts, Sehun passed Luhan the keys to his car and they hit the highway again. 

 A few hours later, they entered the city of Seoul. Two strangers hoping to get away from their complicated lives and start fresh. 

 

A/N

OOPS I COULDN'T SLEEP AND I ACCIDENTLY WROTE TWO CHAPTERS LOLOLOL.

No but seriously I just wanted to get the story set, it will start to get more interesting an Hunhan-y, I promise. Sorry they've been so short.