Big News

Remember The Time

Ana and Bling sat there in the tiny examination room, staring into the silence.

“What do we do?” Ana finally said something.

Jonghyun didn’t know how to feel. It was weird, finding out that your wife, who happens to not know she’s your wife, and has no previous memories of you, is pregnant. About twelve weeks pregnant, to be exact.

“I don’t know. This is all so… surreal. You’re having my kid. It’s been growing inside of you for the past twelve weeks. And… you don’t remember anything…” Bling’s emotions were like a hurricane inside of him, the most dominant ones excitement to be a father, sadness that Ana can’t remember him, and anger at New for making her forget.

The doctor walked back into the room. “Congratulations, guys. This is the better outcome of the two main choices. The other option was cancer of the uterus, so you are lucky.” The doctor smiled warmly at the young couple, wondering why they weren’t acting as happy as most couples. He didn’t know the half of it.

“This is one of the rare occasions that we can tell the gender almost for sure this early, the baby was in the right position to see. Would you like to know, or wait?”

Ana and Bling looked at each other and said in unison, “We want to know.”

The doctor took them into another room to see the ultrasound pictures, and showed them the clearer ones. “It’s a girl,” he said, and Bling hugged Ana from behind and kissed her cheek. She smiled, imagining what she would look like. The tiny fingers and toes, the little face that is a miniature of theirs combined. Her perfect skin, as soft as a rose petal, and the peach fuzz hair that will be dark brown, probably. The total perfection of a new child.

Ana loved her already.

They finished everything up and drove home. Ana had gotten some medication for severe morning sickness, and they signed up for a pregnancy class every week at the hospital. Bling seemed excited, but Ana still looked a little bit concerned.

“What’s wrong?” Bling asked, wondering what could be wrong. She was pregnant with a little girl, she had an awesome, handsome husband- …oh. She didn’t know they’re married.

“Hey, everything will be okay, you’ll see,” Bling reached over and rubbed her back comfortingly.

“I’m not so sure…”

--------------------------------------

When they got home, everyone was waiting for them.

“Where were you guys??”

“We were worried sick!!”

“We just wake up, and you’re gone?????”

“Seriously, at least leave a note!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

They looked confused. “Umm, isn’t Lock here?” Bling voiced what they were both thinking.

“He went to the store. We were out of blueberries for the pancakes.” Mint piped up.

“Well, you should have asked him. He knew we were at the hospital, because Ana was really sick again.”

“…” Everyone was quiet.

“Sooooo…. We freaked out over almost nothing?” New asked.

“Not quite…” Ana said. “We found out something at the doctor’s.”

The room erupted with suggestions. Ana heard “pregnant” a few times.

“EVERYBODY SHUT UP!!!!!” Bling shouted over the four guys. “We’re gonna call a few more people over, then we’ll tell you.” Bling looked over at Ana. “Is that alright with you?” Ana nodded.

They walked out to call people, and Ana immediately called Kevin.

“Hello?”

“Kevin! I need you to come over ASAP. We have an announcement to make.”

“What’s it about? I’m kinda busy now, I’m in the middle of dance practice and the other boys need me to teach them this-“

“Just come over, bring the other boys if you have to. If it’s any help, I’m inviting Xander and Kibum too…”

“WHAT???? We’ll be there. I’m leaving now.” Kevin sounded excited excited excited! After hanging up, he pulled all five other boys into the van, and pushed Soohyun into the front seat. “Go to Ana and Bling’s house,” he commanded.

 

Ana called Xander and Kibum next. They both promised to come.

She finally called one more number. She didn’t even know who the number was. The phone rang one, two, three, four, five times. A familiar voice picked up.

“…Ana?”

“Yeah.”

“Where have you been??”

“Great question. I lost all of my memories from before a few days ago, and I don’t even know who I’m talking to. I just went to the doctor and got some shocking news, so me and my significant other are having a big gathering to announce it. And, well, yeah. So the answer to that is: I don’t really know.”

The other line was silent for a few seconds. “So… you don’t know who I am.”

“Pretty much. All I know is that you need to be here when we announce this. If we get lucky, I’ll recognize you when I see your face.”

“Do you want to know my name?”

“Yeah.”

“This is SunKyu.”

“Sunny.” Ana remembered the nickname that she had given her best friend.

“You remember that? Good. I probably wouldn’t even come if you didn’t.”

“So you’ll come?”

“Yeah.”

“Good. You need to be here.”

Ana hung up the phone and sat down on the bed that was in the random room she went into to call people. She pulled her legs up to her chest, except they didn’t quite reach her chest. Her belly was starting to show a little. Tears started to roll down her face as she thought about her best friend. The girl’s nights, the shopping, the vacations, the pizza made just the way Sunny liked it. The memories all came back to her, and she was overwhelmed by how many there were. Hundreds and hundreds of them flooded her mind, leaving her nearly unable to function.

Bling opened the door. “Ana, are you do- Honey? Honey, baby, are you okay??”

“I-I remem-member everything a-about Sunny..” she managed to choke out.

“Everything???? That explains why you’re in so much shock…” He took her in his arms and rocked here tiny frame, whispering comforting words and humming softly to her until she stopped crying. The twelve years of memories that just flew back took a while to take in.

Once she calmed down, Bling sat her down on the bed and squatted so he was at face level with her. “Are you okay now?” Ana nodded and wiped the last few tears from her face. Bling took her hand and helped her stand up. He twined his fingers between hers and they walked out together.

-------------------------------

When they went outside, there was a small crowd of people. Friends and acquaintances, young and old, were everywhere. Ana scanned the crowd, looking for Kevin, when she felt someone come up behind her and hug her. She turned and saw Kevin’s grinning face, and she reached up to give him a peck on the cheek. She grabbed his hand and pulled him into a side room to tell him first.

“Kevin. You need to know what we will announce before anyone else. You are my wonderful stepbrother and I love you more than anything, so you need to know first.”

He looked confused. “What is this about? What’s so important? I mean, I know I’m pretty fricking amazing, but why so serious?” He grinned goofily.

“Oh shut up, idiot,” Ana said, rolling her eyes. “I need to tell you… that I’m pregnant.”

Kevin’s jaw hit the floor. “You’re WHAT?????” He looked at Ana’s belly, then back at her face, then back at her belly. “But… How?? When???”

“Well, when a mommy and daddy love each other…”

“Idiot!!! I know how it happened!” Kevin turned bright red. “But, like, when? How far along are you?????” Kevin kept flinging questions at her.

“About twelve weeks, give or take a little.”

“Twelve weeks already??”

“Yep. The doctor said I’ll start to show right about now.”

“I can tell.”

“Really? You can?” Ana looked at her stomach, trying to see a difference.

“Well, I am your brother. I have an eye for that sort of thing.” He grinned again.

Ana rolled her eyes again.

“Let’s go,” Ana pulled on his arm and led him out.

As Ana walked out she ran into a teensy frame, only 2 inches taller than her. “Sorry, sorry- Sunny?”

“Ana?” Sunny stared at her, wide eyed, until Ana attacked her with a hug. Sunny slowly lifted her arms and wrapped them around Ana, still shocked.

“Sunny I missed you so much and I remember everything now and I cant believe I forgot you and youre here and I cant wait for you to hear the announcement I love you sosososososososososo much and-“

“Slow down!” Sunny laughed and held Ana at arm’s length. “Where have you been? We’ve been worried sick.”

“Who’s ‘we’?”

“Your sister and brother-in-law. You disappeared from their house a couple days ago. Ah Jae isn’t doing well…”

Ana looked at her, a bit confused. “What do you mean?”

Sunny opened to reply, but she was cut off by Bling, who came to bring Ana to the middle of the crowd to meet people. “Later,” Sunny said.

-------------------------------------

                Ana met so many people that her mind would never be able to hold it all. A few names and faces brought back memories, but then, they approached a girl who looked a few years older than Bling, and their faces resembled each other greatly. Especially their eyes, their eyes were exactly the same.

                “Ana, do you remember Sodam?” Bling asked. Ana nodded, a few faint memories returning.

                “A little…” Sodam stepped forward and looked at the scar on Ana’s head. “So you really did lose your memory, and you barely remember my baby brother.” Once she said that, a lot of memories came back. Memories of bitterness between the two girls, fighting for Bling’s affection. Ana remembered how hard it was when Bling first chose to be with his sister over spending time with Ana, when he could see his sister almost anytime.

                She remembered something about Kim Jonghyun.

                She remembered.

                Ana tapped on Bling’s shoulder and got on her tip toes to whisper in his ear. He bent down a little bit so she could reach, and when she told him that she remembered something about him, his eyes went wide. Very wide.

                Bling picked her up, twirled her around, and gave her a big fat smack on the lips. “Hey!” Ana scolded him mildly. This was awesome. She finally remembered something about him.

                “Come on, it’s time for the announcement,” Bling laughed. They went to a table in the middle of the room, and Bling picked up Ana and set her on top of it. He climbed on after her.

                “Everyone, may I have your attention please?” Everyone shut up and looked at them.

                “It is time for the big announcement.” The crowd started whispering, probably trying to guess what it was.

                “I am going to tell you something extremely important, and you should all be honored to be the first-“

                “Second,” Ana interrupted.

                “Second ones to know.  Ana Reigh, my wonderful girl, is pregnant with our beautiful baby girl!” Bling grinned with pride and held Ana close. Ana was smiling too.

                Everyone erupted. It was chaotic. There were cheers and congratulations from all sides, and Sunny ran up screaming with excitement.

                In that moment, life seemed perfect to Ana. As perfect as it could get right then.

----------------------------------

A/N: Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!! This chapter makes me soooooooo happy!! This is an insanely long chapter for me, it took over five pages on Word... But I had something important to say, and I forgot... maybe later.