Memories

Remember The Time

*AFTER BLING WALKED OUT*

                Bling sat on the edge of the bathtub, tears rolling down his face. Why did this happen to me?

                Why did this happen to us?

                Bling thought back to their wedding day.

                Ana walked down the aisle with her sister’s husband, holding a bouquet of tiger lilies in her tiny hands. She was beautiful, with her hair in perfect ringlets and her makeup done with natural tones. Lock must have done it, because her hair won’t curl if you offer it a million bucks. Trust me, they tried. Lock just has this magic touch when it comes to beauty.

                She was handed off to Bling and the boys man hugged each other. Kevin, a good friend of theirs, was officiating. He smiled warmly at them, knowing this was a dream come true for them.

                “Now, Bling, please repeat after me…”

                “I, Kim Jong Hyun, take you, Kim Ah Na, to be my wife, the mother of my children, my partner in life, and my one true love. I will cherish our union and love you more each day than I did the day before. I will trust you and respect you, laugh with you and cry with you, loving you faithfully through good times and bad, regardless of the obstacles we may face together. I give you my hand, my heart, and my love, from this day forward for all eternity.”

Bling had tears streaming down his face as he repeated the words he had pondered for months before that day. Ana smiled lovingly and wiped his eyes. It was her turn now.

                I, Kim Ah Na, take you, Kim Jong Hyun, to be my partner, loving what I know of you, and trusting what I do not yet know. I eagerly anticipate the chance to grow together, getting to know the man you will become, and falling in love a little more every day. I promise to love and cherish you through whatever life may bring us, until time stops ticking.”

                “Entreat me not to leave you, or to return from following after you, for where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people, and your God will be my God. And where you die, I will die and there I will be buried. May the Lord do with me and more if anything but death parts you from me.” Ana’s favorite excerpt from Ruth was said in unison, and they were both sobbing. They had waited so long for this moment.

                Kevin grinned and said the final five words: “You may kiss the bride.”

                Bling flipped back her veil, picked her up, spun her around, and kissed her deeply.

                VEEERY deeply.

                Bling flashed back to the present, shaking with tears. Loving what I know of you, and trusting what I do not yet know

                The thing is, she knew nothing.

                She would just have to trust him.

                He walked back to the bedroom.

                “So, what DO you remember?” New asked, careful to stay far away from Bling, who was sitting on the bed next to Ana.

                “Well, my name is Kim Ah Na, and… and…” She yelled in frustration. “THIS IS SO ANNOYING!!! I just know that there’s more!” She crossed her arms and pouted like a little kid. Bling smiled and rubbed her shoulder with his thumb.

                “Can’t you guys give me some hints? Something to go off of? Pwease?” She pouted again.

                “Okay, you and Bling are…” Flame prompted.

                She looked at the man sitting next to her with his arms wrapped firmly around her. “…Dating?”

                Mint smiled sadly. “Close enough,” he said.

                Ana felt Bling deflate as she said the word “dating.” She wondered why. Wouldn’t he be happy to have a girlfriend? She didn’t know, he was a guy.

                “Okay… My real name is…” Key tried this time. She scrunched her forehead and thought really hard.

                “What goes with Lock? It’s a common name, too,” Lock helped in English.

                “Umm… Key goes with lock, so… Ki… Ki… Bum? Kibum?”

                Lock’s face lit up with joy. “Perfect! That’s exactly right,” he exclaimed.

                “Wait… I speak ENGLISH????? Sweet!!!” Ana looked even happier than Lock for a moment.

                Flame and New were shaking their heads, Lock looked a bit sad, and Mint facepalmed. Bling just held her tighter.

                “What did I do wrong? English is hard to learn,” she said.

                “English was your first language,” Bling whispered into her ear. She shivered, a warm feeling spreading through her. “Oh really,” she whispered back, smiling a little. “Yep,” He nipped her ear playfully. Ana pulled back a little, still not perfectly comfortable. Understanding, Bling pulled back too. She can’t truthfully say she didn’t like it though.

                “Wait. I- I remember something.” She closed her eyes to concentrate. Everyone leaned in a little closer, wanting to hear.

                “I remember names. Kim Ah Jae, Jung Hong Koo, Lee Taemin, Choi Minho, Lee Jinki. Those are good names; they have good feelings behind them.”

                Every one cheered, and Bling had a big smile on his face. “Good job,” he whispered.

                New explained. “Kim Ah Jae is your sister, and Jung Hong Koo is her husband. Lee Taemin is Mint, Choi Minho is Flame, and I am Lee Jinki.” He finished with a flourishing bow.

                “But… There’s more. Bad names.”

                Everyone waited in silence.

                “Kim Jun Hong. And… Im Seo Yi.”

                They all waited for someone else to speak. Finally, Flame talked.

                “Kim Jun Hong is your… father. I can’t call him a dad, because he never was one to you. He’s an alcoholic, and he gave you the scar on your belly.”

                Ana looked at the big, ugly, mottled purple scar on her abdomen. It hurt to even look at it.

                Lock stepped up. “Im Seo Yi is your step-mother. She’s… terrible.” He didn’t elaborate.

                Ana looked confused. “So… what about my mom? Why isn’t she in the picture?”

                Bling instinctively held her tighter. “She died of a heroin overdose when you were eight,” he said. “You used to have nightmares about the funeral.”

                Ana felt sad. “So, I grew up without a mom?”

                “Your sister took care of you until you met us, and then, Lock was your umma,” Mint said. Lock smacked him.

                “There’s another name. This one is… very different. The feelings are. They’re contrasted. The happiness is burning, but the pain is… unbearable.”

                Everyone hoped for the same thing to come out of .

                “Kim Jong Hyun.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: KYAHH! She remembers!!!! I feel bad for her sometimes, though. :( If there are any silent readers, please subscribe, though I'll still love you if you dont ^.<

*hugs*

P.S. Yes, Kevin is the one from U-KISS ^^ I have a major obsession with him...