Feelings Develop & Secrets Revealed

Forever & Always

(3rd P.O.V)

 

A week had finally passed and Key allowed Kyuyeon to go back to school. Just as Kyuyeon was about to head downstairs, the doorbell rang.

“I got it!” Key called from downstairs.

Kyuyeon shook her head and headed downstairs. When she got there, she saw Taemin standing in the doorway talking to Key. Kyuyeon decided to play a trick on Key and snuck up behind him, motioning Taemin to be quiet. Taemin rolled his eyes but Key didn’t notice. Kyuyeon stood behind Key and pushed both his knees in, making him fall. Taemin and Kyuyeon burst out laughing. Key glared at them, got up, and flicked Kyuyeon’s forehead.

“Ow!” she exclaimed.

“Serves you right,” Key said.

Kyuyeon stuck her tongue out at Key and kicked his ankle.

“Yah!” Key shouted.

Kyuyeon ran out the front door before Key could hurt her. Taemin followed close behind. A few blocks later, Taemin started to get “tired”.

“Kyuyeon-ah! You can stop running now, hyung’s not chasing us!” Taemin called.

Kyuyeon looked back at Taemin but kept running.

“Did you check the time? We’re gonna be late and I don’t want to be late on my first day back!” Kyuyeon called.

“Aigo~!” Taemin complained.

“Quit compl-“

Kyuyeon didn’t finish her sentence as she ran into someone. Kyuyeon fell back and the person she crashed into fell as well.

“Ouch…ah! Chusamnida, gwenchanayeo?” Kyuyeon asked as she helped the girl up.

“Yeah no harm done, how about you?” she asked.

“I’ll live.”

Just then another girl ran up to them.

“Sunmi-yah why didn’t you wait for me?” she asked.

“Mianhe unnie, I didn’t know you were running late too. Oh I’m Lee Sunmi by the way and this is Shin Yeonhee,” Sunmi said turning to Kyuyeon.

(Sunmi- http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm49/xXxSaLiNaXxX/Forever%20and%20Always/54634.jpg)

(Yeonhee- http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm49/xXxSaLiNaXxX/Fx%20Band/vxytsl.jpg)

“Oh I’m Kim Kyuyeon, nice to meet you.”

“Hey aren’t you the new girl?” Yeonhee asked.

“I guess so, I actually started last week but due to…uh…certain circumstances I was out of school for a week,” Kyuyeon explained.

“It’s okay, everyone knows what happened already. Everyone’s really angry at Luna,” Sunmi said.

“Yeah, no one thinks badly of you. Everyone knew Luna was crazy anyway,” Yeonhee said.

The three laughed.

“Oh yeah how old are you? You seem like you’re our age,” Sunmi said.

“I’m 15.”

“Birthday?” Yeonhee asked.

“January 14, 1994.”

“Aw man I thought I was gonna have another dongseng. But oh well, it seems that you’re our unnie. But since we’re the same age how about we speak informally?” Yeonhee asked.

“Sounds good to me.”

Then Taemin ran up to Kyuyeon and put a hand on her shoulder, panting.

“*Pant* Yah! *pant* Why didn’t you *pant* wait for me?!”Taemin asked.

“Aigo Tae-yah! I’m taking you to a gym,” Kyuyeon stated.

Taemin waved her off and Kyuyeon rolled her eyes.

“Hi Taemin-oppa, long time no see,” Sunmi greeted.

“Hey Tae-oppa,” Yeonhee greeted.

Taemin looked up and tiredly waved.

“You guys know each other?” Kyuyeon asked.

Sunmi and Yeonhee nodded.

“We’ve known him since middle school,” Sunmi stated.

Kyuyeon nodded in understandment. Taemin looked at his watch and suddenly dragged Kyuyeon off towards the school. Dumbfounded, Kyuyeon followed behind.

 

Ten minutes later, Kyuyeon and Taemin were standing in front of the school gates, out of breath and panting.

“We just ran all the way here for no reason, the gates are closed,” Kyuyeon stated still slightly panting.

“Aw man. Hyung’s gonna kill me,” Taemin said ruffling his hair in frustration.

“Who?”

“Minho-hyung.”

“Oh. Well what do we do now?”

“Mollah. The gate guard won’t let us in, I know that. Wanna ditch?”

Kyuyeon hesitated a little.

“Mollahyeo Tae-yah. What if Key-oppa finds out?” she asked.

“I’m pretty sure if you told him what happened he wouldn’t care, although he might lecture us a little,” Taemin stated thinking.

“Is that what he was doing to you last week when you ditched?”

Taemin nodded and took Kyuyeon’s hand. She blushed lightly at this and looked at him.

“C’mon, I wanna show you something,” Taemin stated walking.

Taemin started leading Kyuyeon towards the other side of town and a few minutes before they got there, Taemin covered Kyuyeon’s eyes.

“Boya?” she complained.

“We’re almost there, I want it to be a surprise,” Taemin said.

“You’re not gonna lead me off a cliff are you?”

Taemin laughed.

“No. Promise,” he said.

Kyuyeon rolled her eyes under Taemin’s hands (that’s possible right?). Taemin lead Kyuyeon for another few minutes then pulled her to a stop.

“Has my end finally come?!” Kyuyeon joked dramatically waving her hands around.

“Yah! I promised I wasn’t gonna lead you off a cliff and I’m keeping my promise. Now stop being all dramatic,” Taemin said slightly laughing.

“Oh you know you love me and my dramatic moments.”

Taemin blushed and forcefully pulled Kyuyeon’s head back a bit.

“Yah that hurt!” Kyuyeon exclaimed.

“No it didn’t,” Taemin stated.

“Yeah you’re right,” Kyuyeon said smiling.

Taemin rolled his eyes.

“’Kay ready?” Taemin asked.

“As I’ll ever be,” Kyuyeon said nodding.

Taemin removed his hands and Kyuyeon opened her eyes to see this (http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm49/xXxSaLiNaXxX/Forever%20and%20Always/TaeminsSecretField.jpg) (there’s less trees around and the field is bigger).

“Taemin-ah…it’s so beautiful here,” Kyuyeon gasped.

“Not as beautiful as you,” Taemin blurted.

Taemin slapped his hand over his mouth, but Kyuyeon didn’t notice since she was still looking around.

“You say something?” Kyuyeon asked looking at Taemin.

“Ah nothing! C’mon let’s climb up,” Taemin said.

Taemin climbed up first (the sakura tree) and helped Kyuyeon along the way. They settled down near the top and looked at the view.

“Uwah. You can almost see the whole town,” Kyuyeon said.

“Yeah. I come here when I need to be alone and think,” Taemin said.

“That’s a lot isn’t it? With that small brain of yours,” Kyuyeon joked.

“Shikuro.”

 

About 2 hours later, Taemin and Kyuyeon decided it was time to go home. Taemin climbed down a few branches then jumped down. Kyuyeon on the other hand, didn’t jump because she was wearing a skirt. Taemin looked up to see how far down she was and blushed. Then he smirked.

“Nice underwear,” Taemin commented.

Kyuyeon blushed and glared down at Taemin.

“Yah Lee Taemin! Look again and I’ll kick your !” Kyuyeon threatened.

“Ooh I’m so scared!” Taemin sarcastically exclaimed.

Kyuyeon stepped down another branch, but since it was too thin, it broke under Kyuyeon’s weight. Before Kyuyeon could hit the ground, Taemin caught her. Kyuyeon opened her eyes and they met Taemin’s. She blushed and looked away.

“Gwenchanayeo?” Taemin asked.

“Y-yeah, k-komawo,” Kyuyeon said still blushing.

Taemin nodded and put Kyuyeon on her feet.

“Yah you got some dirt on your cheek,” Taemin said.

“I do? Where?” Kyuyeon said.

“Right here,” Taemin said wiping it off.

Taemin finished but kept his hand there. Kyuyeon looked up and blushed at how close their faces were but couldn’t break the eye contact. Taemin started to lean in.

“Minnie-oppa what a surprise!” A voice shouted just as their lips were about to touch.

Taemin and Kyuyeon jumped apart and looked towards the voice. Luna was standing there with an anger tinted grin on her face. Taemin clearly showed he wasn’t happy to see her.

“What do you want Luna?” Taemin emotionlessly asked.

“Well I noticed that you cut school so I decided to cut also,” Luna explained glaring at Kyuyeon.

Kyuyeon glared back and stepped forward a bit.

“Why the hell are you here? Stalking Taemin?” she guessed.

Luna’s eyes slightly widened but she quickly composed herself and glared at Kyuyeon again.

“FYI, I can be wherever I want to be,” Luna stated.

“How’d you get here? The only people who know about this place are the hyungs (SHINee), myself, and Kyuyeon-ah,” Taemin stated.

Kyuyeon pulled on Taemin’s sleeve. He looked at her.

“Let’s just go. Key-oppa’s probably worried,” Kyuyeon said.

Taemin nodded and they started to walk away.

“Go ahead! Run back to your oppa! I just feel bad that he adopted a like you!” Luna shouted at Kyuyeon.

Kyuyeon stopped walking and Taemin looked at her (he’s been doing that a lot huh?).

“Taemin-ah would it be okay if I let out me anger, just for 1 second?” Kyuyeon asked through clenched teeth.

“Feel free to,” he said.

Kyuyeon turned around and walked towards Luna, who smirked.

“Come for another beating? ‘Cuz I can-“

Before Luna could finish, Kyuyeon punched her in the square of her face (which is the middle), knocking her out (powerful punch if you can knock out a vampire lol). Kyuyeon held the hand she punched Luna with in pain, the knuckles were bleeding.

‘The hell? Her face was really hard,’ Kyuyeon thought.

Taemin ran over to her.

“Gwenchana?” he asked.

Taemin looked down at Kyuyeon’s hand and saw the blood. His eyes flashed red for a second but he controlled himself. Taemin took out his handkerchief and wrapped it around Kyuyeon’s hand while holding his breath. Taemin cleared his throat and stepped back. Taemin suddenly smiled, startling Kyuyeon (he went from an emotionless face to his normal happy face).

“C’mon let’s go get something to eat before I take you home,” Taemin suggested.

Kyuyeon suddenly felt a stabbing pain in her heart.

“Um actually Tae-yah I gotta get going. I promised Jonghyun-oppa I’d help him paint his room. I’ll leave first, see ya!” Kyuyeon said speed walking away.

Taemin looked after Kyuyeon with confusion and curiosity.

“That’s weird I thought she was gonna do that tomorrow,” Taemin said scratching his head.

He shrugged off the thought and walked away.

 

Far off in the distance, a tall figure shrouded in black watched every move Taemin and Kyuyeon made. The figure manically laughed.

“You think you could hide from me forever Lee Taemin?” he said.

The figure looked towards the direction Kyuyeon went and smirked.

“Maybe I could use her for my revenge, she has potential. And maybe I’ll have a little fun along the way.”

 

(Kyuyeon’s P.O.V)

 

As I ran home, I could feel the pain in my heart worsen. I burst through my front door, hoping Kibum-oppa was home.

“KIBUM-OPPA!” I shouted dropping to my knees.

Oppa walked out of the kitchen with a confused look on his face and noticed me on the floor, clutching my shirt where my heart was. Oppa’s eyes widened as he quickly picked me up. I passed out before he set me on one of the couches.

 

(Key’s P.O.V)

 

No, no, no not again! Please, please god, don’t let me lose the only family I have left! I started panicking as I ran around the house trying to find Kyuyeon’s medicine. I looked behind Kyuyeon’s bathroom mirror and found what I was looking for, her medicine pills. I raced back downstairs, grabbing a bottle of water on the way, and ran to Kyuyeon’s side. She was breathing heavily and sweat was starting to form on her forehead. I sat her up, placed a pill and some water in , and closed it until she swallowed it. A few minutes later, Kyuyeon’s breathing subsided and her body relaxed. I sighed in relief and noticed Taemin-ah’s handkerchief around Kyuyeon-ah’s hand. I unwrapped her hand and noticed it was still bleeding. I froze in shock. What the hell did Taemin do to my sister?! He better have a good explanation the next time I see him. I rewrapped Kyuyeon’s hand with clean bandages and put Taemin’s handkerchief with the laundry. I stayed with Kyuyeon for a few more minutes then went back into the kitchen to finish dinner.

 

(Taemin’s P.O.V)

 

“I wonder why Kyuyeon=ah was such in a hurry to leave,” I said to myself as I walked home.

Although, I coulda sworn that I felt someone watching us. Maybe it was one of the hyungs...nah, I would’ve known. Maybe Luna...no, I felt the presence even after she was knocked out. Heh, that was pretty funny. If Kyuyeon didn’t hurt herself, I would’ve been laughing my head off and Kyuyeon’s pretty cute when she’s angry. I shook my head. What am I thinking?! Minho-hyung could be around and hear my thoughts. Within 15 minutes, I made it home. I walked in and went upstairs to change (http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm49/xXxSaLiNaXxX/SHINee/Taemin/q346567.jpg) (isn’t that outfit cute on him? XD lol). I then went downstairs and noticed hyung-deul in the living room, including Jonghyun-hyung, watching TV. But wait, isn’t he supposed to be painting his room with Kyuyeon-ah?

“Oh Taemin-ah, didn’t know you walked in. Why’d you ditch school again?”

I looked up and saw Minho-hyung looking at me.

“Oh, me and Kyuyeon-ah got to school late and ditched,” I said sitting down on the couch.

“Oh, where is she now?” Onew-hyung asked.

I looked up.

“She’s not here?” I asked.

“No, should she be?” Jonghyun-hyung asked.

“She told me she was gonna help Jonghyun-hyung paint his room today.”

“Aniya, she’s doing that tomorrow.”

I scratched my head. Why would she lie? There’s definitely something going on for her to lie like that.

“Call her. See where she is,” Jonghyun-hyung suggested to Onew-hyung.

“Araso,” Onew-hyung said taking out his cell phone.

I paid close attention as hyung called Kyuyeon’s cell phone. “Clap” by Teen Top started playing. If I wasn’t in a serious mood right now, I probably would have started laughing.

“Yoboseyo?”

It wasn’t Kyuyeon-ah’s voice, but it was Key-hyung’s voice. Which meant Kyuyeon-ah was with her brother.

“Key? Where’s Kyuyeon-ah?” Onew-hyung asked.

“She’s at home. Wae? Do you need something from her?” Key-hyung asked.

“Can I talk to her?” I asked.

“Can’t. She’s asleep.”

“Oh. Then how come she told me she was coming here?”

“She’s not feeling well and probably didn’t want to worry you. She’s like that sometimes.”

“Well can we come over then?” Jonghyun-hyung asked.

“If you do we can’t be too loud, I don’t want Kyuyeon-ah to wake up and kill me.”

We all laughed except Key-hyung.

“I’m serious guys, she WILL kill me,” he said.

Dead silence.

“So uh, we’ll be over in a minute,” Minho-hyung said.

“Araso.”

He hung up. I don’t think that’s the real reason why Kyuyeon lied. She looked fine when I saw her, and I heard her heart accelerate before she left. I wonder what’s going on. Maybe I’ll ask her later.

 

(3rd P.O.V)

 

Key put Kyuyeon’s phone on the coffee table and covered Kyuyeon with a blanket.

“Rest well,” Key mumbled.

Then Key heard light knocks on the door. Key walked to the door and opened it to reveal his friends. Key let them in and Jonghyun suddenly stopped mid-step.

“WHAT IS THAT?!” Jonghyun shouted pointing to the floor.

They all looked to the floor to see an albino mouse scurrying across the floor. Jonghyun, Onew, and Taemin shrieked and climbed onto a chair, losing their manly image in the process. Key and Minho tried to keep them quiet but it was no use. Key finally got annoyed.

“YAH SHIKURO! YOU WANT KYUYEON-AH TO WAKE UP?!” Key shouted.

“…Too late.”

SHINee turned around to see Kyuyeon standing in the doorway of the living room.

“A-ah! K-Kyuyeon-ah, d-did we w-wake you?” Key stuttered.

Kyuyeon glared at Key and he hid behind Minho.

“Please don’t kill me! I haven’t had a girlfriend yet!” Key begged.

Kyuyeon rolled her eyes.

“Pabo,” she said.

Then the mouse crawled over to Kyuyeon’s feet and the three started screaming bloody murder again. Kyuyeon lightly smiled and let the mouse crawl into her hand.

“Hey little guy what are you doing in here? Shouldn’t you be with your family?” she asked.

The boys stopped screaming and stared at Kyuyeon strangely. Kyuyeon walked over to the door and opened it, setting the mouse free. Kyuyeon then turned to SHINee who were still watching her.

“I’m gonna go upstairs and change, then hopefully fall back asleep. Oppa-deul, please try to keep the screaming down,” Kyuyeon said.

Kyuyeon walked up the stairs and Taemin followed after her. Key was about to call after him, but Jonghyun stopped him.

“Let ‘im go,” he said.

“But-“

Jonghyun gave him a look then Key sighed.

“Fine. C’mon let’s go watch TV or something,” Key said walking to the living room.

 

*With Taemin*

 

“Kyuyeon-ah!” Taemin called as they were on the stairs.

Kyuyeon turned around to see Taemin running up to her.

“Yeah?” she asked.

“Can we talk for a sec?” Taemin asked.

“Sure?” Kyuyeon said unsure.

Kyuyeon and Taemin walked into Kyuyeon’s room and Taemin closed the door behind him. Kyuyeon sat down on her bed.

“So what did you want to talk about?” Kyuyeon asked.

Taemin sat down next to her.

“I wanted to ask you…why did you lie earlier?” Taemin asked.

Kyuyeon got nervous but played it off.

“I wasn’t feeling that well and didn’t want you to worry about me,” she said not making eye contact.

Taemin grabbed Kyuyeon’s chin and made her look into his eyes. They showed hurt, betrayal, confusion, and…love?

“Kyuyeon-ah, I know that’s not the real reason. Just tell me the truth,” Taemin said.

“If you knew the truth, you’d hate me and abandon me like my parents.”

Taemin was shocked by Kyuyeon’s statement.

“What do you mean?” he asked.

“My parents didn’t abandon oppa, he left them. My parents only abandoned me,” Kyuyeon explained.

“Wae?”

Kyuyeon paused for a few minutes.

“It’s because…it’s because I was born with a very weak heart,” Kyuyeon said holding back tears.

“I’m sorry I’m not following,” Taemin said confused.

“I was never meant for exercise or any physical activity, my heart can’t handle much of it…but to put it bluntly, I could die at any given moment.”

Kyuyeon got up and walked into her closet, leaving Taemin to take all the information in.

‘Why did I tell him that? Now the first guy I actually like will think I’m weak and hate me,’ Kyuyeon thought.

Taemin’s voice snapped Kyuyeon out of her thoughts.

“You could die at any moment?” he asked.

“Yeah and because of that my parents found me weak and left me to die alone,” Kyuyeon said.

“But…you’re still alive.”

“Just barely.”

Kyuyeon started to walk out of her closet, pajamas in hand, but Taemin grabbed Kyuyeon’s arm, stopping her. Taemin pulled Kyuyeon back and hugged her, causing Kyuyeon to drop her pjs and crash into Taemin’s chest.

“You’ve suffered too much for one lifetime. I promise you won’t be alone anymore,” Taemin muttered into Kyuyeon’s ear.

Shocked, Kyuyeon slowly burst into the tears she’s been holding in for years and collapsed to her knees, Taemin following her.

“Shh everything will be okay now,” Taemin said Kyuyeon’s hair.

“K-komawo T-Taemin-ah,” Kyuyeon muttered.

Taemin just tightened the hug in response.

‘I never thought I would fall so hard for someone him/her,’ Taemin and Kyuyeon thought.

 

*With SHINee (excluding Taemin obviously)*

 

Minho, being able to hear thoughts, snickered. Onew, Jonghyun, and Key looked at him.

“What are you laughin’ at?” Jonghyun asked.

“Young love,” Minho said somewhat answering Jonghyun’s question.

The boys (except Minho) had a confused look on their faces. Then Key suddenly shot up.

“You mean it’s…?!” Key said pointing to the ceiling.

Minho nodded and Key started to storm out of the room, but Onew and Jonghyun pulled him back.

“Leave them be,” they said.

“NO WAY! Omma will NOT allow this! Kyuyeon’s up there alone with a BOY!” Key exclaimed struggling to get out of their grip.

Key struggled and struggled, but finally gave up after 10 minutes.

“You know Taemin-ah’s smarter than that, he won’t do anything. Besides, the two just realized that they fell for each other, but the other doesn’t know yet,” Minho said.

“Chongmal?! Daebak! We gotta hook them up!” Onew exclaimed.

Key shot him a look.

“There is NO WAY I’m letting Kyuyeon-ah date a vampire,” he said.

“Why not? It’s her decision.”

“Because one: she doesn’t know we’re vampires, and two: Taemin-ah could lose control and bite her, turning her into a vampire or worse KILLING her!”

“He would never do that, remember he saved you from dying out in the street and you were bleeding like hell? Taemin-ah was able to bring you here without his eyes turning red ONCE,” Jonghyun said.

“If he can handle that, there’s no way he can lose control,” Minho said.

“Ugh fine I’ll allow it! It doesn’t help that you’re all ganging up on me!”

The three high-fived then engaged in a random conversation.

 

A few minutes later, Taemin walked into the living room.

“So what happened up there? You were pretty long.” Jonghyun said.

“Key-hyung,” Taemin called ignoring Jonghyun (poor Jonghyun)

“Ah?”

“Kyuyeon-ah told me about…the real reason she came here instead of going to our house.”

Key’s eyes slightly widened. He sighed.

“Doesn’t matter anyway, you would’ve found out sooner or later,” he said.

“Why don’t you take her to a hospital?!” Taemin asked trying to keep his cool.

“It won’t matter!...Doctors can’t do anything, I’m this close to losing the only family I have left.”

Taemin didn’t know what to say and Onew, Jonghyun, and Minho were shocked by what Key said.

“What the hell are you guys talking about?!” Jonghyun exclaimed.

“…They’re talking about me.”

The boys turned around to see Kyuyeon standing in the doorway in her pjs. Taemin stood up.

“Kyuyeon-ah. Why are you up, you’re supposed to be asleep,” he said.

Kyuyeon sat down next to Taemin.

“Go back to sleep Kyuyeon-ah, you need your rest,” Key said.

“I’m not tired anymore.”

“Kyuyeon-ah are you okay? You look a little paler than usual,” Onew stated.

“I’m fine.”

“Yah yah yah we STILL don’t know what you guys were talking about earlier,” Jonghyun said.

“You explain Key-oppa, I already explained it to Tae-yah.”

Kyuyeon got up and walked into the kitchen to make some hot chocolate. While she was looking for the marshmallows, Taemin walked in.

“This what you’re looking for?” he asked handing Kyuyeon the bag of marshmallows.

“Yeah thanks,” Kyuyeon said turning back to the kettle.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

 

Hope you all liked it, it was kinda shorter than the other ones and more emotional