Chapter 4

If Only..

"Ungh..." Krystal groaned as she slowly woke up. She rub her eyes "ouch..." She touched her head, the headache still there. She looked around, and realized that she's not in her room. She tilt her head "where am-" "hospital. You're in the hospital" Kai said as he rubbed his eyes and stretched. "Omo! Jongin-sshi, you almost gave me a heart attack!" She said as she touched her chest. "Why are we here?" She asked. "Well, yesterday you were stuck at the elevator and you fainted so I brought you here" he said and he yawn. did he sleep here all night? "a-ah...Krystal-sshi. I want to apologize about yesterday. I took it too far, mianhae" Kai said avoiding Krystal's gaze. "Yesterday?" She asked "aaah about that, gwenchana! I already forgive you!" Krystal said and she laugh a little. "Paboya" he said as he chuckled. Krystal look at him, did he just chuckled? Am I dreaming or something? "yah" Kai said as he wave his hand in front of Krystal's face. "Oh, ne?" Krystal asked looked at Kai's direction. "Well, since you looked better. I should go now" Kai said as he grabbed his bag. "Oh! Okay, thanks for bringing me here, jongin-sshi!" She said with a wide smile. "Don't mention it" he said and he walked towards the door but he stops and turned to Krystal "you need alot of rest" he said as he walked out. "Oh? Since when he became so nice? Well, maybe he's a nice guy after all" Krystal talks to herself. 

 

 

Krystal felt thirsty, so she reached the glass beside her bed and she realized that there's a note. "Ung? What's this?" She said as she look at the letter

 

Krystal-sshi, this is my number. We should talk about the project, just text me when you already decide where should we start the project.

 

Kai

 

She smiled as she finished reading the letter. She dialed Kai's number and she text him 

"Jongin-sshi. This is Krystal. First I wanna thank you for bringing me here, I feel a lot better! Oh, about the project. Maybe we should do it at your house, is it ok with you?"

Send. 

She put her iPhone at the table as she drink the water, her iPhone vibrates and she immediately put the glass and took it.

"Yea sure. We should do it tomorrow, I met the doctor earlier and he said you can go out today"

She smiled as she read his text.

"Ok then, gomawo" she send it.

"Ah...how are you? Feeling better?" The nurse said to Krystal. "Ne, a lot better" Krystal smile and nodded. "Well, you're lucky to have a boyfriend like him. He accompanied you all night long, he look so worried! Oh, and when he came, his hands were cover in blood. I asked him why and he told me the story. He forced to open the elevator doors with his bare hands just to save you! Aigooo, you should thank him sweety" the nurse said. "A-ah...jeongmalyo?" She asked the nurse and she just nodded. "He even paid your hospital bills" she said and she immediately cover , "aish...don't tell him that I told you, arasso?" She said. Krystal was so stunned she just nodded. is that true? I don't even know what to say. "well, you should get ready. Let me help you okay?" She offered. "Neh..."

 

 

Krystal is now in her car, she's going home. She's still stunned with the nurse's words. really? He really did that? Krystal thought. "Miss Jung, we're here" said her driver. "Ah, ne. Gomawo" she said and smile. She felt a little weak because she's not fully recovered, but she want to go home. As she opened the door, she saw a familiar figure in front of her ".......o-omma?"

 

 

"Ah, finally you came" said her mom as she smoke her cigarette.  "What are you doing here?" Krystal glare at her. "Tsch. No need to be rude. I came here to inform you that I'm going to married" she said to Krystal and she smirked. "Mw-mwo?!" Krystal said, she didn't believe what she just heard. "You got that right, I'm going to married a rich guy. And you, you're going to life with us" she said to Krystal. "Tsch, there's no way I'm going to life with a like you" she said as she felt her cheek burn. Her mom just slapped her cheek and she fell, Krystal just smirked as she touch her cheek. She immediately stand up "oh, so now I know why appa hate you" she said and smirked. "Watch your mouth you little devil" her mom said as she ready to slap Krystal for the second time. "Go on! Hit me!" She shout at her mom. "Why did you do this huh?! Why did you life like nothing happened?! You leave us! Didn't you feel bad about it?! Appa and unnie died and you easily left me! You shoul-" "YOU'RE THE ONE WHO SHOULD FEEL BAD BECAUSE YOU'RE THE REASON WHY JESSICA DIE!" Her mom cutted Krystal. Krystal felt like her heart been stabbed by a million knife when she heard her mom. "W-what did you just say?" Krystal looked at her, trembling. "You're the reason Jessica's die! You're a burden to our family! You always bring bad luck!" Her mom shouted at her. Krystal just stood there lifelessly. "You think everyone loves you?! NO! Why would anyone love someone that brings bad luck?!" Her mom continue to shout at her. She didn't move an inch, she looked down at her feet. "I'm outta here. I'm sick seeing your face" her mother said as she grab her bag. "W-wae?" Krystal said, still looking down. "Because you're face look a lot like you're father. I am sick of it or else I'm going to puke" Krystal's mom walked out from her house and slammed the door. "B-but it's not my false, right?" She said to herself

 

 

YOU'RE THE ONE WHO SHOULD FEEL BAD BECAUSE YOU'RE THE REASON WHY JESSICA DIE!  her mom's voice keep ringing in her mind. is it true? That I am a burden? That I bring bad luck? Is it true....that I am the reason why unnie died? she thought to herself. She stand up, she took a photo of her and her sister smiling cutely looking at a birthday cake. "Unnie...is it true that I am the reason...why you're not here?" She talked to the photo of her sister. "Is it true...that i always bring bad luck?" She talked as her tears starting to fall. "Mianhe...jeongmal Mianhae. Please don't hate me" she continue to sobs. 

 

 

"Unnie, today my friend hurt because of me" Krystal said to Jessica and cried. "What happened?" Jessica said as she hugged Krystal. "We were playing in the park, I was busy talking to Tiffany that I didn't realize there's a ball ready to hit me. My friend run towards me and he's the one who got hit by the ball" Krystal explained while she's crying. "The ball hit him really hard in his head, he fainted. I didn't know what to do, everyone blames me. I'm such a burden, I always bring bad luck" Krystal continue to cry. Jessica Krystal hair gently and she smiled at how innocent her sister is "baby, listen...you're not bringing bad luck"  she said to Krystal. "Really?" Krystal said as she look at her sister's angelic face. "..........................it means that people loves you. It means that you're really precious, because for you, people are willing to sacrifice their own safety, just to protect you"

 

 

Krystal cry even harder when her memories with her unnie came to her mind again. Somebody...somebody please, please take me away from this cage I locked myself in. Krystal thought as she hugged her own knees.