Distance Between Us

The Player Sitting Next To Me (HIATUS!)

HyoRin examined the book that laid in her eyes, glancing to her right every five seconds as she heard someone shifting.

"Is this really our date???" Eunhyuk whined behind a book held upside down.

The two were currently sitting in a lonely library, that only had a few students here and there. It was only a bit before lunch time on this nice Saturday.

"Of course, exams are coming up." HyoRin whispered back.

"Yeah, coming up in like a month!" he pointed out, sighing in a hushed tone.

"Well, I happen to like to prepare."


"Tch, saying that she's ignoring me until after exams... and I thought she liked me... whatever..." Eunhyuk mumbled under his breath, walking around campus during his lunch hour.

HyoRin was currently furious at Eunhyuk for scoring a higher score than her on the prep quiz, it made her mad since he doesn't even study.

"Look~! RiRin~! I got a 100 on the prep quiz." Eunhyuk exclaimed proudly, shoving his paper in HyoRin's face. 

The studious girl examined the paper over a time or two, shocked by the results.

"Y-you don't even study, do you...?!" she questioned, not wanting to hear the answer.

"I just memorize the lessons and hope for the best!!" he exclaimed, grinning from ear to ear with a thumbs up.

"...I'm ignoring you until exams are over, sorry."

"Ugh, why does she have to be so sensitive when it comes to studies...!?" he asked himself, running a hand through his hair as he arrived near the outside stairs.

A lonesome girl sitting on the steps turned around, wide eyes and visible blush on her cheeks as she realized that Eunhyuk was coming down her way.

"Oh? JiEun?" he asked, tilting his head.

She was startled by the mention of her name. The fact that her name was being said by such a person... made her shake.

"Y-yeah, is that you, E-Eunhyuk?" she stumbled.


"...what's your relationship with that HyoR-Rin girl?" JiEun asked.

"Eh? RiRin? Why?" 

"...b-because...! You two are always with e-each other, and I was just... w-wondering..." she shyly explained.

"Oh... uh, well... I love RiRin very much~! We were best friends in elementary school, but then we got separated because she had plans to go to a different middle school than me. I am in love with her now, though! Haha, it's a great story, I'll tell you...!"

Why did I have to fall in love with a guy who already has strong feelings for that study bug?!


"Amber..." Eunhyuk mumbled tiredly, resting his head down on his desk.

"Eh? What is it?"

"RiRin is ignoring me... She's always mad at me and everything... but she said she loved me." he explained.

"Well, maybe... You always have skinship with her. The most repulsive thing to a girl is being touched by someone she doesn't like...! Figure it out from there, okay? I believe in you." Amber responded, the repulsive part shocking Eunhyuk.


"Uh? Donghae?" HyoRin muttered as she passed by a group of clasmates, recognizing her friend in the bunch.

"Oh, hey, HyoRin~! We're currently organizing our stand for the festival, can you help?" he smiled.

"O-of course, it's for the class, right? Anyways, have we decided on the spot we want our stand to be at?" she discussed.

"We want the second spot to the front left of the gate, we heard that it's the most popular spot that attracts customers! We're going to fight for that spot later today at the meeting." Donghae replied, pointing out a spot on a school map he gripped onto.

"Oh? Then I hope we get the spot!"


"Now calling for spot F-L 2. I repeat, F-L 2." the vice principle said in front of the class full of three class representatives.

"THAT IS OUR FIRST CHOICE!" HyoRin said at the same exact time as a scary third year.

"No, that's our first choice. Shut up, lil first year. Nobody likes you." the third year insulted.

Eunhyuk sat behind the soft-spoken HyoRin, who now hung her head in silence.

His hands curled into fists, disliking the way they treated her. She didn't seem too hurt by it, but she backed away in the fight for F-L 2.

"You... little..." he mumbled as he stood up from his chair, running with a fist read.

"DISRESPECTFUL SCUMBAG!" Eunhyuk exclaimed, swinging his heavy fist at the third year, brutually beating him up without stopping.

"E-Eunhyuk... stop..." HyoRin mumbled. "We lost the spot... Eunhyuk..." she tried to catch his attention but failed, he continued to hurt the older man.

"MAYBE YOU'RE THE DISRESPECTFUL ONE, HE'S OLDER! NOW, STOP!!" she shouted with a hoarse voice, startling the whole audience who had their eyes fixed on the fight.


Mock Exam

HyoRin made her way through the busy streets after picking up the mock exam at a community college. She took a right and came across the town library, sighing before entering.

The whole time, HyoRin was not able to pass one question with focus. She was too busy concentrating on what to do with Eunhyuk. 

After around five hours, she finished and decided to go and look for a book to read.

She happened to land on the economics section, and examined each one carefully, recogonizing many titles. All were so very familiar. 

"Uh- Sorry," she mumbled as she bumped into a young man around her age.

He turned around and took off his eye glasses.

"Are you Eunhyuk's girl?" Kyuhyun teasingly asked with warm eyes. 

"...n-not exactly."


"Thank you for the help," HyoRin said as she got up from the floor, shutting the notebook that Kyuhyun was writing in.

"N-no problem," he stuttered.

So, I should have a time for both Eunhyuk and studies. But I have to make a few sacrifices and commitmens.