Pest

The Player Sitting Next To Me (HIATUS!)

"One more of this please!" HyoRin orders furiously, quickly eating her plates.

"...wow, girls sure do eat a lot." Eunhyuk commented, being totally ignored.

I have to eat! To distract myself from that kiss! HyoRin thought with narrowed eyes as she began scarving down more food.


The next day, HyoRin was just about to enter the school normally, getting close to the gates when suddenly...

"Oh hey~! RiRin! Good morning!" Eunhyuk called out from a far, HyoRin suddenly making a startled face.


HyoRin was studying right before class started, as usual, but she felt something fishy was up.

"Hey, Eunh-"

A sudden figure moved under Eunhyuk's shirt, causing him to shoved the object down.

"Yes, RiRin~?" Eunhyuk nervously responded, flashing a winning grin.

The object moved again, Eunhyuk repeating the same as before.

"Wh-"

A rooster than sprung up from under his shirt, jumping out the classroom window.

"Hey! Come back!!" Eunhyuk demanded, jumping from desk to desk and now jumping out the window himself, being as carefree as possible.


"Y-you can't keep roosters at school, E-Eunhyuk!" Mrs. Jung directed.

"Wha~t?! C'mon, I saw this thing on the side of the rode on the way to school!! Don't you feel just the slightest bit bad?!" Eunhyuk whined, shoving the rooster in the teacher's face.

"Ah~! N-no...!" Mrs. Jung exclaimed, running out of the classroom.

"Now you've done it, Eunhyuk. Let's go home." HyoRin ordered as she stood up from her desk, neatly grasping onto some loose study sheets.

"E-excuse me! H-HyoRin...?!" a voice said from behind.

HyoRin turned around with a blank yet sharp face, scaring the girl.

"A-ah... c-could you please help me study?! ...I got a 32 on the most recent test...!" the girl pleaded. She had short black hair that could make you think she was a male, but had her proper female uniform on. She looked a bit terrified due to the look HyoRin shot at her.

"I'm sorry, but I refuse!" HyoRin replied with her sarcastic smile.

"C'mon~! Pleeeaase!" she whined.

"I don't even know your name. Besides, you got a 32 so that's your issue. Why should I help?" HyoRin explained.

"C'mon, RiRin! Be nice to her and help her study~!" Eunhyuk said like a child.

What a dork.

"I already said no, Eunhyuk! That's her problem so she should study on her own! Anyways, I'm going to the library... I need to find a book on economics..." HyoRin mumbled, leaving the two behind in the classroom.

"Hey, how about this, I'll help you study, okay?" Eunhyuk offered, smiling like a child, revealing his gums.

"R-really?! Thank you so much! By the way, I-I'm Amber! And in the process, you can't fall in love with me because that'd be awkward and weird! And I don't want your 'girlfriends' attacking me." Amber stated, whispering the last part.

"No promises! No problem!" Eunhyuk responded.

Why am I hiding and hearing their conversation? Why do I care so much as well?


HyoRin put down her economics book at the study desks, staring out the opened window. It was raining and she couldn't wait to go home after one more book.

"Hey, everyone, take a rest, alright?!" a male voice shouted from outside.

Oh. Track team captain? Baseball captain? Soccer captain? Or whatever...

HyoRin went back to her book, writing down everything she thought was important.

"Hey, HyoRin!" a voice called out from the window.

HyoRin turned her head, and saw a boy resting his arms on the window sill from outside.

"...and you are...?" HyoRin asked.

"Huh? I'm in your class! You should really pay more attention to your surroundings, but anyways, I guess you don't know my name...?"

"No clue." HyoRin replied boredly.

"Oh, well then, my name is Donghae." he replied with a nice smile.

"Then hello to you."

Donghae just smiled, admiring HyoRin as she studied.

"Let's go, guys! Rest over!" the male voice from earlier announced.

"Oh, I gotta go, catch you later, HyoRin!" Donghae said as he took off.

Oh, that's right!

"Wait, Donghae!" HyoRin called out as she walked over to the window.

"Yeah?" he said, quickly coming back.

"Could you uh, do me a favor...?"


HyoRin walked around the school building at night, seeing some students in classrooms still studying.

Oh that's right, the third graders...

HyoRin took a right and down the stairs, and now got closer to her own classroom... which strangely had the light on.

She peeked in, seeing the girl from earlier studying hard as Eunhyuk occasionally yelled at her and pointed to some books...

but when he didn't do that, he was touching some girl?!

HyoRin gasped with wide-eyes, soon turning away from the window and leaning against the wall.

HyoRin soon got back to her senses, and left the building, a weird feeling in her stomach.

It can't be! No, I'm just in shock...


The next morning, it seems that everything went back to normal.

HyoRin was studying at her desk, Eunhyuk was pestering her, Amber was just standing around them as she casually spoke to Eunhyuk, while the boy from yesterday walked over to them.

"Um... HyoRin?" Donghae said as he looked at her, studying.

"Mm? Oh, Donghae. What is it?" HyoRin said rather kindly, shocking Eunhyuk.

"You see... I can't keep the rooster at my house. My mom refuses, so, uh... sorry." 

"No, it's okay. You don't have to apologize." she responded, looking up from her study book.

"Uh? Oh, the rooster?" Amber asked.

"Yeah, the rooster."

"Why don't we just make a chicken coop and keep it near the field?!" Amber suggested.

"That's actually a good idea! And, some other schools around the world actually keep chickens or roosters on school grounds." Donghae agreed.

"Eh?! Really?! Wow, let's do that!" Eunhyuk said with a big childish smile, showing his gums.

"Yeah! Okay, how about we meet up on the weekend?!" Amber suggested.

Hanging out over the weekend.... with friends.

"Yeah, that sounds nice. Why don't we met up at my house?" Eunhyuk offered.

Donghae and Amber nodded excitedly in agreement, looking at HyoRin for approval.

"Hey, you joining in, HyoRin?" Donghae questioned.

"Sure."


Amber awkwardly arrived, looking around.

"You're here early." a voice said from behind the bushes.

"Eh?! Oh, it's just you, Donghae." Amber sighed in relief.

"Aha, don't worry. I'm not a creep!" he laughed.


Amber rang the doorbell, growing impatient. 

"Eh? Eunhyuk's friends? Come in." a young man said.

Amber and Donghae entered the household, awkwardly being left near the front door.

"Oh? Donghae? Amber?" Eunhyuk asked in a surprised tone as he raised an eyebrow. "Oh, I'll just go dismiss the girl in my room and be back." 

"...player." Donghae and Amber said together, laughing a bit at the end.


"She left threw the back door- Where's RiRin~?"

"I'M HERE." a stressed voice said with a tired face.

Everyone turned around, revealing a sleep deprived HyoRin shutting the door behind her.

"I'M SORRY IM LATE." she said in the same tone as before.


The group arrived at this warehouse, everyone in a different aisle getting different items.

"...gold... gold..." HyoRin repeated to herself as she walked down the paint aisle, scanning the colors.

"Eh? HyoRin?" a guy said.

She looked over to the direction of the voice, seeing an unfamiliar male.

"You're one of Eunhyuk's friends, right? Not one of his toys?" he asked.

"Yeah... Why?" HyoRin replied cowardly.

"Ah, just wondering... he's never made a friend who is a girl... Ends up playing with them instead."

HyoRin densely blinked, going back to finding paint.


The arrived back by Eunhyuk's house, now building the coop... or starting to.

"Eh~? I didn't know building something with wood would be this hard..." Eunhyuk sighed as he fell onto the ground.

"Don't do that. You'll get your clothes dirty." HyoRin mumbled.

Eunhyuk looked at her, and saw her just facing the opposite direction.

"R-RiRin cares about me~?!" he exclaimed like a child.

"I care about your clothes, not you, idiot."


"We're not even done?!" Eunhyuk complained, sighing as he looked up to the sky.

"Not even..." Amber sighed as well, "Hey, I'll go get us some icecream, okay?!"

"Ah, okay." HyoRin said as she sat down on the ground, watching Amber run to the store.

"Don't do that, you'll get your clothes dirty." a male voice said from behind HyoRin.

She turned around, and saw someone she didn't expect to see, causing her to jump.

"Don't worry, it's just me." he said calmly.

"Yeah, a stranger I don't know!" she replied with wide-eyes as if she just witnessed a murder.

He came behind, wrapping an arm around her.

"What're you doing Kyuhyun?!" yelled an angry voice, obviously Eunhyuk.

"Ah? So not a friend? Not a toy? An actual lover?" Kyuhyun teased.

"...I don't like him anyways, so I guess you could say it's unrequited." HyoRin grumbled under her breath.

"Then RiRin would prefer someone more like me?" Kyuhyun asked with a smirk.

"No way!" she replied, swiftly brushing off his arm.


"Ah, finally... we're heading home!" Donghae sighed, lifting his arms up as he yawned.

The starry night sky was now starting to fall under them underneath the layer of orange, signaling it was almost dinner time.

"Oh, I'm taking a left." HyoRin stated, pointing.

"Hm? Okay, then goodbye~! I'm going straight ahead." Amber said, waving.

"Really? I'm going straight ahead too!" Donghae asked with surprised eyes, receiving a smile from Amber.

"Then we'll bid our farewells. See you at school~." Eunhyuk smiled, waving as well.

"Yeah! Good bye, then~!" Donghae said with a grin, shoving his hands in his pockets.


"...y-you know, you don't have to walk me home!" HyoRin complained as her face felt very hot.

Eunhyuk just chuckled, revealing his gums. "You're cute, RiRin~." he complimented, ruffling her hair.

"Am not." she resisted, pushing his arm away.

Eunhyuk just laughed like a child, obviously not getting the message.

"Well, i-it's getting dark. You should head home. My house is not that far, only down there." HyoRin pouted.

"Good night, then~." Eunhyuk said like a dork, kissing her on the cheek.

HyoRin soon backed up, blushing with wide eyes.

Could he get any more annoying?!