He Matters

The Player Sitting Next To Me (HIATUS!)

HyoRin wasn't completely the same at this point. She had decided to continue to be a bit more quiet, and lost in her own thoughts. Speaking of HyoRin's thoughts, wonders of Eunhyuk's past has been floating around her mind.  Why did he behave like this? What was the history in middle school? How did he go from shy and sweet to reckless and flingy?


HyoRin strided through the school's gates, completely ignoring Eunhyuk. She was just kind of jealous and mad?

But just as she got caught up in her thoughts again, a hand s up her arm and snatched her behind the wall.


"...so, who are you?" HyoRin got the nerve to ask after being kidnapped and taken down a lovely setting of mother nature.

"Oh, I'm a close middle school friend of Eunhyuk. You see, the reason why we don't talk anymore is that he had gotten kicked out two months before school ended... too much playing and fighting." the young man answered, leading HyoRin on this beautiful walk.

"Why would he do such things? Such an idiot." she mumbled aloud to herself.

"What's that?" he teased, cupping his hand to his ear. "Why such an idiot? Well, because... I personally think he fell in love with you in elementary and was a bit shocked not to have you by his side. That's why?"

HyoRin choked on her own saliva at such unbelieveable words. Really? At such a young age? Is that why he kind of rushed the whole 'I like you' thing? Because small fragments remained?

"Ah, I'm sorry. Did my words shock you? My apologies. But, anyways he's always- Wow look at the sky from this view~!" he exclaimed, linking arms with HyoRin and dragging her over loosely to a certain spot.

At that moment, the two could be somewhat mistaken for being on a date.

Eunhyuk trailed behind the two secretly, narrowing his eyes in disgust at HyoRin's caught-off-guard face and astonished expression. He was now mad and jealous too.


"...so he was abondened as a child, got left by me, and was runned out of the middle school? ...I-I don't know what to say... b-but why'd you drag me out on this walk? Not as if it was tiring or such, it was actually quite nice. I was just questioning why." HyoRin asked curiously. 

"...b-because he was supposed to be sent to an arts school, and had to be approved by the administrator. But since he did not attend the exam entrance nor the form filling day, he was automatically enrolled into Kyeongbok by default." he explained with a tone of guilt and pity. "Since you had convinced him to attend school normally... the admin of the arts school was sort of hoping you'd do the same... but for the arts school."

And that's when the fish jumped out of the water.

"...h-how could... Th-that's a bit selfish, you know? Although, I don't have the room to talk... because I myself have set selfish desires for Eunhyuk. I am in love with him and he has changed my social experience in a way I would never imagine! I was all alone, and it didn't matter if I was left here to die. But then he came in, and unintentionally made things better. All I could ever do was study... no friends after elementary. I-I don't think you'd understand since you seem like a kingka... but I will not and can not force him to go to this stupid arts school! I am sorry, sir, but i-it'll cause too much damage for my life..." she explained, flames burning inside her unnoticably. She was also on the verge of tears, voice shaky and all. How could this man just try and barge in like that?!

"I-I'm sorry HyoRin, but it's just that-"

Eunhyuk swooped in from the bushes, grasping onto HyoRin's hand tightly.

"No, I'm not letting you finish your sentence!! C'mon RiRin, we're going home!" Eunhyuk screamed angrily, taking off before HyoRin could even agree or disagree.

Euunhyuk ran at the speed of light, down the trail, and took a right to the stairs.

"Are we even going the right way?!?!' HyoRin squealed, unaware of the dangers. She was way too caught up in the moment, and wasn't able to think straight.

"Of course!" he replied childishly, turning back to look at her. "I'm Eunhyuk." he smiled.

HyoRin blushed at the mild slight, averting her eyes.

"...l-look where you're going, idiot!" she pointed out.

Eunhyuk faced forward and continued to lead her down the stairs at a fast pace.


After running down the stairs and about a bit more forward, the two stopped in front of a beautiful fountain, panting and trying to catch their breath.

"Th-... that... why..." HyoRin gasped for air.

"I... because..." Eunhyuk replied, gasping as well.

And as soon as the two caught their breath, they looked directly at each other, eye to eye. Straight across from each other as well, in front of the fountain.

"...l-listen HyoRin... Y-you're probably mad over the JiEun thing -yeah the timid girl's name is JiEun- but... I promise that my love for you isn't a fling. I know we aren't in a relationship or something... but I guess all I can say is... I'm sorry?" he attempted, smiling a nervous smile at the end. "...sorry, I have lame apologies."

"...y-you know... j-just forget it... repay me with a date." HyoRin responded, mumbling with averted eyes at the last thing.

"W-what was that?" Eunhyuk teased, although he could hear it clearly. He wanted her to saw it loud and proud.

"I said repay me with a date."

"Still can't hear you~!" he chimed with a grin.

"ACK, YOU IDIOT. JUST REPAY ME WITH A DATE!" she angrily yelled, stomping her foot on the ground. "...better?" she pouted after a bit of silence.

"Actually, yes." he smiled.

"Ugh, whatever. I'm going home~!" she announced, walking off by herself as she folded her arms in front of her flat chest.

"...you don't even know the way home, do you?" 

"...s-so?!" she stumbled, completely forgetting she was in an unfamiliar area.

Eunhyuk chuckled lightly at the slight oppurtunity and wrapped his arm around her as soon as he caught up.

"Don't worry, don't worry... I-I'll walk you home."


I had a chance to update so I decided to~! ouo Tell me what you think so far, okay? 

I love you guys!! <3 \( >3<)9