First Encounter (5)

Journey with Kiyoto Makimura

 

“……..” She fell silent as he patted her head. She always like it whenever someone pat her on the head, especially when it was someone she had feeling towards. Kathleen followed him, and though she didn’t want to admit it, he was right.

She saw him brought a little tray with fresh bread, cheese and fruits and two cups of hot coffee and placed it on the coffee table before the couch. She bit her lower lip when he offered a seat.

Kathleen went to sit beside him silently. She didn’t know where to start, really. It was kind of… hard for her to open up with someone she just met. A total stranger. But she knew this total stranger had somehow helped her.

“….thank you..before… I’m so sorry to drag you into this matter…” she wiped her tears, slowly calmed herself down. She was hesitant for a moment, but he deserved an explanation. “…he…”

And she went off telling him about it all started from all the relationships she had been through. Her one-year-and-a-half relationship with that guy just now named Rony. Of how he gladly accepted her for the way she was at first but the longer the relationship continues, the more demanding he became. It was him too, who always ask her to wear this and that, put make ups, bla bla bla… She literally was like a Barbie to him.

She stopped for a moment and pulled out tissue from her purse. “I always bring up the matters, of how I was not comfortable to what they wanted me to be. It should be me who decide all the clothes I wanted to wear, rite? But in the end, all I get was a break ups… Does being yourself and honest turn you into a person who people hate the most..?” Kathleen looked at him with that round big eyes.

“I have tried to be what they want me to… but… I feel uncomfortable with it… I feel it wasn’t me…” She now clenched her fist. “Not to mention that…..” she hesitated. “that…… since we did that…..” she said it quickly and almost mumbling to herself. “He became more and more demanding…”

Kathleen turned her gaze away, felt ashamed of herself.
—————————-

Kiyoto sipped silently his coffee until he saw her turning her head.

“What do you? Did he forced you…uhm…to other things than just wearing clothes he picked for you?” He shook his head.

“I don’t get it, Miss. What’s wrong? You don’t have to act like somebody else. There are sure still enough men that rather had a girl like you at their side than somebody like her”, he pointed with his chin atbthe door.

“Now stop crying, it doesn’t suit you. Cheer up and eat something. You must be starving.” With a smile he held the little basket with fruits out to her and stood up.

“I have to start with my painting but please don’t hurry, just enjoy the breakfast and calm down. I can give you a ride back home afterwards. Okay?” He waited for her to nod before he took of his shirt and sat in front of a new canvas and reached his hand out for a thick brush and prepared oil-based paint.