First Encounter (2)

Journey with Kiyoto Makimura

 

“Not to mention that you were all tired out after all of the exhausting things we did.”

She fell silent right away upon hearing his words. … What the hell did I do last night… But the next minute she heaved a great sigh when the boy laughed and said it was only a joke.

“I’m sorry to trouble you..” said her in lower tone. She got off from the bed and grabbed his purse which laid on the couch next to him.

She wished to not waking up again honestly. Because she knew, when she opened her eyes, he won’t be there. This thought… and his ex’s word kept repeating over and over again in her mind.

She quickly turned his back towards the boy, not wanting him to see her crying. It was more than enough that she ended up in this place. “…. I will make it up to you tomorrow.. thanks..” said her stammered, holding back the tears.

She walked briskly toward the front door. And she heard him calling out but she just wanted to be alone for now. She opened the door about to leave when,

“…Kathleen..?” called a familiar voice. She stood there frozen. Above of all people in this world, why.. why him again…? “What are you doing here..?” asked him again.

Before she could open , a girl glomps onto his arm. “Honey~~~”chimed her cheerfully then realized of her presence. “Oh, do you know her? Your friend?” asked her.

I… can’t stand it anymore…..

-----------------------------------------------

Kiyoto followed the woman to the door when he heard a man’s voice speaking up to her.

“Kathleen?”, he just repeated but it seemed to be her name. He stepped behind her and opened the door a little more to see what was happening.

He couldn’t help but notice Kathleen’s expression as she watched the pair before them. Her shoulders slumped and her eyes closed slowly, he could see her eyelids flutter.

Kiyoto was a smart guy and it was not the first time he was present in such a situation. He wrapped his arms around Kathleen’s waist and kissed her neck from her collarbone to her ear.

“Kathleen? Didn’t you hear me calling you? I was asking if you’d really have to go so early? I mean…last night got pretty late and now we didn’t even had the time for…breakfast.” He turned his head slowly to face the man before him. 


“Do you know this guy?”