First Encounter (7)

Journey with Kiyoto Makimura

 

Her eyelids fluttered open. Ugh…my head still dizzy… I must remind myself to not drink too much… she massaged her temple before going up to the bathroom he pointed at and washed herself.

She glanced at the painting he worked on which was now covered by white sheet as she passed by to the front door. I wonder what he drew just now.. They walked to the  parking lot and climbed into his black sports car. She wasn’t into automotive, but she believed it was one of those expensive sport car.

“…..”

“…..”

He drove in silence. This is awkward… I should say something… ”Um… please forgive me, I still don’t get your name…” said her taking a glimpse at him occasionally. “I notice many canvasses in your living room… Are you doing it for living…?”
——————

Kiyoto led her to a car he was driving just at the moment until his own car would be back from the garage and they headed tongue adress Kathleen gave him.

“Hm…sleeping in a man’s apartment you don’t even know the name of? That’s odd. Anyway, Kiyoto is it. Just Kiyoto. I’m not into formalities, Miss.”

When she asked him about the paintings he sighed lightly. It was not the first time somebody had asked him that question. But it was always the same answer he gave.

“Not really, Miss. I’m not an artist. I’m just a bartender who studies art. Just…to kill some time.”

Parking the car in front of the house she had guided him to he looked at her curiously. “Well then…I guess this is sayonara then. It was a pleasure to meet you, Miss.” Kiyoto watched her get out of the car and just before she could close the door he shouted, “Hey! Stop pretending for anybody. You don’t need to out up an act to get a boy to stay with you.” With a wave of his hand he left her then and drove to the university.