Beating Thing in My Heart (Part 1)

Journey with Kiyoto Makimura

 

The man suddenly being pulled and she saw Kiyoto’s figure dragging him roughly by the collar towards the back door. Kathleen found it amazing how instantaneously the choking fear vanished, amazing how suddenly the feeling of security washed over her as soon as she saw his presence.

She felt her knee trembling so hard that she couldn’t stand but slumped down to the ground. Covering her body with her blouse, she found herself in a shock state as she tried to say ‘Thank you’ when Kiyoto came but not even a single word came out from .

Tears streaming down on her cheek unconsciously as Kiyoto wrapped his arm around her shoulder and led her to the backroom. He forced her to sit down and looked in the closet for another blouse for her. “Here. Get changed. Stop crying.” Kiyoto said. His voice sounded very gentle on her ear. He turned his back on her and waited until she had finished changing.

“Hey, it’s okay now. Everything’s fine. I thought Brandy has warned you that something like that could happen. You should have come to me immediately.” said him again crouching down in front of her. She wanted to say anything but instead, she kept crying in silence.

What he did next was too sudden. Before she knew it, he leaned it slowly to kiss her on the lips.

”!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” her eyes widened at once.

Kiyoto kissed her softly first, and he deepened it afterwards. Her heart was about to leap out from her chest. She sat frozen in her seat. Her brain stopped working. But she knew deep down… that his kiss was somehow comfort her…

When he parted, she could still feel a warmth sensation on her lips. Kathleen threw a glance at him who was now smirking,

“See, now you stopped crying.” He stepped back a little and chuckled.“You need a little more practice… Anyway, do you want to go back out there? He won’t get in tonight anymore, I will take care of that. Or do you want to go home?”

She blinked at the slender figure before her eyes. How could he so relax after kissing a woman?! She looked down, slightly dissapointed. I should have known… he was a playboy anyway… so the kiss must be nothing for him… she brought her hand to her lips.

“…D-do you mind if I stay here for a while…? Once I calm down, I will go home…” replied her in a low voice. Still looking down, she said, “I’m sorry… I didn’t want to cause you anymore trouble… but instead, you have to bother yourself to help me again…”

——————
Kiyoto shrugged at her words, “Sure, just wait here. You can lay down on the couch if you want to. But don’t go home on your own. Wait for me, I’ll give you a ride.”

He turned to go and could hear her telling him she was able to go back on her own. Kiyoto wagged a finger at her.

“Miss, this was not a request this was an order. Don’t leave alone.” With a wink he left the room and got back to his post. Instead of just taking orders Kiyoto also served the drinks and prepared a lot more for the whole night, so Brandy would be able to handle the bar on her own. Just in case, because he didn’t want to just leave her alone with all the work he asked Lee for help.

“Damnit! Kiyoto! You actually have eyes, do you? Can’t you see this girl here? She told me she would do anything! A-ny-thing!”

“Lee! I’m only out of the house today because you wanted me to. I went with you to this bar…”

“Okay! Okay…” Lee heaved a great sigh and stood up to help Brandy with the next tray.

Kiyoto went to the restroom to wash his face. The bar was still crowded but at least the VIP’s had decided to follow the beefy man and had left, leaving a bunch of money for the countless drinks.

When Kiyoto entered the backroom, Kathleen was still sitting on the chair and starring at her hands.

“Let’s go”, he simply said and grabbed his jacket. He heard her following him and left the bar through the back door heading to his car. But instead of driving Kathleen back home Kiyoto drove to a traditional Japanese restaurant.