Getting to know each other (Part 3)

Journey with Kiyoto Makimura

 

Kathleen froze in her stool while Lee playing with her hair. It was way too close and she could see his clear hazel eyes. And she blushed in reply to his wink when Kiyoto leaned in to whispered by the ear.

“Actually he’s right, Miss.” He said. “It would be a bad mistake to fall for me. But he”, Kiyoto pointed behind his back to Lee, “isn’t any better.” Kathleen nodded with one corner of her lips curled up. “You know what…” she moved closer to his ear. “There’s something about him that make someone can’t take their eyes off from..” she shivered. “He is a vampire…”

And in reply to his words earlier,

“I won’t say anything further about ‘fall in love’.., If people can control their feeling and choose which one better for them, I guess there won’t be divorcement in this world.” she took one gulp. “And beside, falling in love isn’t something you can choose, but it is something you fall in to…” she gazed her wine glass which reflecting both of their figure.

“But i do hope my next guy is the right one, though!” she smiled warmly at him. The bartender came and offered them another drink and Kiyoto declined them. He asked her if she would like to visit his bar again and to which she replied with a single nod.

“Sure thing. I don’t have schedule for tomorrow.” She hoped off and placed the money on the table. They went to the parking lot and climbed into his car.
—————————

Kiyoto looked through his mirror to the back of the car and grinned. There were Lee and the girl he had been flirting with. And they were making out.

“Lee, I told you before. If you have in my car you’re going to buy me a new one.”

He looked at Kathleen quiet apologetic. “Sorry, sometimes he totally forgets about other people around.”

Kiyoto parked the car at the back of the bar and led everyone to the front door. But soon as he got in Brandy ran up to him and grabbed his collar.

“You! Are you damn insane? Why is your phone off? I was trying to reach you all day!”

“Whoa! Calm down, beautiful, what’s wrong?”

The dark skinned woman ran a hand through her hair. “We got a call last night, a huge reservation for thirty people. Tonight!”

Kiyoto frowned as he took his jacket off. “So you mean I have to work tonight? Are you serious? What about the others?”

Brandy’s eyebrows twitched. “They will cone too, but we need everyone tonight. And most of all we need our handsome bartender in here. I thought you’d need the money?”

Kiyoto gave up. It was true that he needed every money he could get for the university. And though he had already sold some of his paintings he wasn’t famous enough yet to make a living out of his art.

“Well…sorry, guys. You heard it. Why don’t you just sit down at the bar?” His eyes darted to Kathleen’s. “Hey…maybe we can drink next time together, Miss..but if it’s okay with you, then just stay here and maybe I’ll have the one or another minute free to talk to you?”