Flash Back

Damaged Heart

Chorong ran outside as she gasped for oxygen. With shaking hands, she managed to reach for her cell phone and made a call. “Auntie, this is Chorong.”

She gasped between her talk as she tried to tell her what happened. “I’m with Hoya… tsk.” She cried as she fell down on her feet. “Oppa, he meets that girl,” she broke to another loud cried. Her face wetted by her endless tears, “I thought it was over.”

“She is so pale and skinny tsk.. she.. tsk,” Chorong cried her heart out. She couldn’t breathe and her vision blurred. Her guilty feeling piled up as the incident flew back through her mind. The incident that happened years ago came back into her mind, fresh and new.

---

“Chorong hunny, introduce yourself as his fiancée. He won’t remember anything,” Hoya’s mother uttered as she held Chorong’s hand and lead her to the hospital room Hoya’s occupied.

“But, auntie. What if he remembers my face? He strictly said he didn’t want to marry me. I can’t force him,” Chorong admitted as her eyes laid on the door.

“The doctor already confirms me that the last memory he had is before I introduce you to him. He forgets every event that happened after the last memory. So I think he wouldn’t question you as his fiancées.”

Chorong sighed out deeply before she pushed the door against her and pulled out a fake smile, “Hoya oppa, are you awake?”

Even though it took time for Hoya to accept her because of the fact that he had that rare kind of amnesia, he slowly bought it and naturally loved her back without knowing the actual truth.

At one night, Hoya’s mother called for personal meeting. Chorong hadn’t the slightest idea why his mother wanted to meet her and why she needed to do everything his mother asked.

She remembered the first day her eyes met his feature. His mother wanted to make an arrange marriage between Hoya and her so that the family business could be combined to raise stocks. She had seen Hoya several times before at high school but she never thought she would meet him again in this condition.

Chorong accepted the arrange marriage since Hoya was a good and decent man and she had nothing to hold against him. However, Hoya brought different story. He was against the idea of the arranged marriage as he didn’t want himself to get tied with the commitment he never ready for.

Hurt hearing the news, Chorong let him go. Not forcing him to marry her and decided to forget him before years after she met him in a pity situation. As soon as she settled on her seat, Hoya’s mother placed a picture of girl in front of her.

“This girl is her girlfriend when he left home,” his mother confessed.

Chorong averted her eyes from the picture to his mother’s face. “What do you mean, auntie?”

The news of Hoya’s leaving home had reached her ears and she didn’t know where he had gone until the news of him getting into car accident struck the town. Her eyes fell to the picture of the beautiful lady in it. “She is beautiful…”

“Avoid this girl every possible. I don’t want to lose my son anymore,” his mother pleaded as she reached for Chorong’s hand and squeezed it gently.

Surprised with the sudden request, she nodded and scanned the picture, studying the features of the poor girl in the picture. “She must be waiting for his return, poor her…” Chorong thought as she pulled a reassuring smile towards Hoya’s mother.

---

“Let’s stop this already!” Hoya yelled as Joongki looked at him with rounded eyes.

“What are you talking about? You were the one that decided to come here and ruin our life! Now you want us to quit this?!”

Jumi shook her head as she struggled in her brother’s grip. “Oppa, let go of me. Tell me all of this is lie. I’m so tired.”

Joongki let go of his sister as Jumi fell on his feet, crying as she shook her head. Trying to block the sound of the fight her brother had with Ji Heon. She had enough. The man she had been waiting lied to her, she couldn’t accept things anymore. She tried to get up, looking for something that could end all of this in one go.

Joongki grabbed Hoya’s shirt on the collar, “What do you want from us? You never live the life we lived and now you easily ask us to stop? What kind of stupid talk is that?!” Joongki yelled.

Hoya glared back, “That’s why. Tell your crazy sister the truth! Stop covering facts, tell her straight that she is crazy and that her Ji Heon is dead! Is that even difficult?”

“OPPPPAAAAA!!!” Chorong’s screamed rang through the living room. Both of the man looked at the direction of the sound produced. Hoya pushed Joongki away from him as he hurriedly made way to the kitchen.

“Jumi!” Joongki looked around to find his sister but she wasn’t around. Her eyes widened as realisation hit him, immediately he ran to the kitchen to find his sister laying on the unfamiliar girl’s lap. Jumi’s wrist was cut with blood spilling out.

Chorong cried and Hoya could only stare at the scene, unmoved.

“Oppa, we need to save him! She is someone important to you!” Chorong yelled to statue Hoya.

Joongki burst into a loud cry as he quickly lifted his sister from Chorong’s lap. Pressing the cut to stop the bleeding, he immediately moved to his car to seek for help, hoping that his sister could survive.

Chorong walked up to frozen Hoya, grabbing on his collar. “Oppa, look at me. She is someone important to you.”

Hoya searched his fiancée eyes, clueless. “What are you talking about?”

Chorong shook Hoya’s body, “Why is this thing happening to you?” She cried and cursed herself in her mind. Was this the punishment she received from lying?

And for snatching someone else happiness?

If so, she deserved to get hurt, not the poor girl…

Somehow, she was lucky enough that she trust her instinct to check on her or else everything would become late.