Haunted

Damaged Heart

The cold night made Chorong shivered, she waited Hoya’s car to appear on her sight. She looked up the dark sky to see a bright moon and starless night sky. “Why does Hoya oppa sounds breathless?”

She rubbed her arms to keep warm as she patiently waited for Hoya to arrive. As soon as Hoya’s headlight hit Chorong’s eyes, she quickly walked to her fiancé.

Hoya turned down the engine and get out of the car before he pulled his fiancées to a tight embrace. Chorong was taken aback and hugged him back while patting his back to calm him down.

Hoya let go of her and looked at her with watery eyes, “Chorong-ah, I’m afraid.” His body shook hard; Chorong looked at him, shocked. She never imagined seeing Hoya’s in this state which made Chorong wanted to protect him and wondered. It made Chorong’s heart hurt so much to see him like that.

She pulled him into her house and made him drink a glass of warm water before she could really interrogate him. Hoya looked pale and looked around, “Where’s your parent?” He shifted his glance to the grandfather clock to find out it was already ten.

“They just left this morning to Hong Kong for business matter,” Chorong replied.

Hoya nodded, understood. He then picked her hands and squeezed it in his hands. He looked up to still shock Chorong, he flashed a smile. “Don’t you want to ask me a question why?”

“No, I don’t want to make you feel uneasy,” Chorong shook her head. Hoya nodded and looked around while still grabbing her hands.

“Are you okay?”

Hoya turned to stare at her, “I’m not sure.”

“I had a worst nightmare.”

---

Joongki placed the new red dress close to Jumi. Jumi looked away, not going to fall in her brother’s trap. She knew what was on his brother’s mind. To forget and let him go and she wouldn’t let her brother do that.

“Jumi-ah, I bought a new dress for you and a pair of matching heels,” Joongki pulled out the brand new stiletto. “Look, you’ll look super wonderful in this. I’d bet no one can beat my beautiful little sister!” he chuckled and held it to her.

Jumi still looked out the window, not interested with his brother talking. Her eye bags were getting worst and she looked skinnier than she used to be. It has been five weeks her Han Ji Heon oppa left her and nothing could hurt her more than this. The pain was unbearable but she fought it back with her remaining strength.

Joongki sighed to the sight, he noticed her deteriorating condition. He tried to make her happy but nothing worked. He showered her with love and money but the damaged couldn’t be fixed. Her heart had damaged, his brain couldn’t think of any way to make her smile and live again. He missed her lost sister.

“Jumi-ah, I want you to wear that tonight so that I can bring you to a nice place,” Joongki voiced. Jumi’s eyes moved but she didn’t turn her head to Joongki’s direction. “A nice place?” her eyes brightened to the word.

He picked up the dress and placed the stiletto back into its box. He then opened the wardrobe to see many unworn dresses. “Oppa, will Han Ji Heon oppa be there?”

Joongki froze and turned to see his smiling sister, he blinked hard to prevent tears from falling. “Can you help me with make up?”

He didn’t reply and was loss at words.

“Oppa?”

“Of-Of course! He will! I will!” he let out a fake laugh. She jumped to her brother’s statement, “I know you guys try to fool me but you can’t fool me!” Jumi went to the wardrobe and picked the bright red dress; she walked to a mirror and held it in front of her thin body. “I looked like a skeleton,” she whined. Joongki smiled and went out, closing the door behind him with a heavy heart.

“When will you learn to accept truths?”