Let's End This

Damaged Heart

As Hoya stepped on the pedal; the car cut the air fast making Chorong grabbed the seatbelt tightly. “Oppa, slow down,” she tried to calm Hoya down but Hoya didn’t show any sign to slow down in any minute. He didn’t even listening to her anymore at that time.

Enrage feeling began to grow in him. He would make today as the day where he would end everything. No more nightmare to face, no more fight with Chorong, no more that scary girl and no more Han Ji Heon.

Slowly, Hoya made a turn to enter the haunted house compound. His eyes didn’t catch a car parked in front of the house, indicating that Jumi’s older brother wasn’t around. Nodded to himself, it was a perfect timing to end all of this misery he beared since the day one he made a step on this place.

Chorong glanced at Hoya and to the house in front of her. Her mind started to play guessing game. Where was Hoya bringing her? What was the thing he wanted to show her? What matters the most at the time was what his intention to bring her to that house was? She never went around this area before, it looked isolated from the rest and… creepy.

Climbing off of the car they rode, Hoya quickly walked to Chorong’s side and opened her door. Hesitated at first, Chorong took a final assured look from Hoya before she stood out of the car and glanced at Hoya. Hoya held out his hand, gesturing her to hold him. Chorong took a deep breath and finally placed her hand on his hand and together, holding hand, both of them made their way to the front door of the creepy house.

As soon as they arrived at the front door, Hoya placed his hand on the door knob, attempted to turn it but Chorong was quick to stop him. “Where are we? Whose house is this?” Hoya squeezed Chorong’s hand in his; trying to assure her that everything was fine.

“It’s okay, I’m here,” he gave her an assured look before the knob trembled as if someone attempted to turned it from the other side. Chorong who was shocked, backing away with a terrified look, “Oppa, we should leave. It’s scary!”

Hoya held her hands tighter, fear that Chorong would lose control and ran away. He needed her to be strong to put an end to the entire nightmare that had been haunted him for months already. The trembling of the door ended abruptly. Chorong’s eyes darted to the knob as she froze at her place. Hoya shifted his eyes from the knob before the door creaked open slowly.

“Oppa…” Chorong called, her heart raced and eyes bloodshot.

Hoya turned to look at Chorong and pulled her closer to him before Chorong jumped and screamed immediately. Startled, Hoya followed her gaze before his eyes laid on the red dress girl on the door step. “Ji Heon oppa. Who is she?” she questioned with her pale and lifeless look.

“Oppa, we should go!” Chorong turned to leave with tears rolling down her cheeks. She was so shock and terrified. The wan lady she just saw looked like something a horror movie always offered. She felt her fiancé’s grip tightened. She didn’t understand to what that scary lady had anything to do with them. All she wanted to do was to leave instantly. She couldn’t handle this.

“Jumi-ah…” Hoya called earning attention from Chorong as she averted her eyes to him.

“Oppa, I thought you only have me as your girl?” Jumi asked on the verge of tears. Her lower lips trembled as her eyes trailed to the connected hands of Ji Heon and the girl she just met. She’d been waiting for him to return and now that he appeared in front of him, she began to wonder why he brought someone with him.

“Oppa, is she the girl…” Chorong gasped as realisation hit her. Hoya glanced at her and managed a small nod before he returned his attention towards Jumi, “She is a kind unnie. Can you let us in?”

Jumi glanced at the introduced girl, nodded. Somehow, she felt something wrong. The girl seemed as if she wasn’t pleased to see her. Who was she actually? Why she held on Ji Heon’s hand? Slowly, she stepped away and gave way the two to enter her house, eyes glued to the holding hands.

---

Sitting across the wan lady, Chorong couldn’t help but to fidgeted in her seat. She felt uncomfortable receiving such lifeless stare from that girl. A tear rolled down her left cheek as she stared Chorong,

Chorong avoided her gaze and shut her eyes tight. Hoping that all of these were only her dream but Hoya’s touch brought her back to reality. It wasn’t a dream like she wished.

“Oppa, she doesn’t look like you told. Why her presence makes me feel insecure?” Jumi questioned, eyes not leaving Chorong.

Chorong quickly look at Hoya, horrified. The wan girl looked… sick. Wasn’t she?

Hoya faked a smile, “Look, let me introduce you to… Chorong.”

Jumi averted her eyes to Hoya as she anticipated his next sentence but frustrated as soon as Hoya decided to move his hand and held Chorong’s hand. “Who is she? Why do you keep holding his hand?”

Chorong looked at her, tentatively she brought her hand away from Hoya and held out to her, “I’m Chorong, you are?”

Jumi stared at her hand; it felt like ages ago she received any hand shake from any people. It had been long she been stuck in the house, leaving her social life. The day after she lost him, she began to build walls surrounding her and turned her warm heart to ice cold.

Chorong waited for the girl to actually receive her hand but she looked hesitant whether to receive it or not. Smiling, she pulled back her hand and searched her eyes to make an eye contact. Jumi glanced at her, surprised as both of them managed to make an eye contact.

“By the way… I’m Hoya’s fiancée.”

“I mean Han Ji Heon’s fiancée.”

Tight, Jumi felt her chest tightened all of sudden as she averted her eyes to look at Ji Heon beside Chorong. Hoya who was pulling a concern look watched her as she shook her head vigourously. She covered her ears with both of her hands, “That cannot be true!”

Chorong watched Jumi anxiously as she glanced back at Hoya, petrified. “Oppa, did I say something wrong?” Hoya shook his head as he looked at uncontrollable Jumi who began to move in rage.

“Oppa! What is this? what kind of prank are you pulling on this time? Don’t make me like this, please,” she cried as she moved to hold on his leg. Hoya tried to push her away but she stubbornly hung on him. “Jumi-sshi, how many times must I tell you that I’m not your Han Ji Heon. I’m Hoya, a man who has his own life, a man that never knew you exist.”

“Oppa, you must be lying!” she yelled as she looked up to glare Chorong. Chorong caught her eyes; her hands trembled with the terrifying glare, “He’s right, you are sick!”

Frantically, Chorong stepped back and ran to escape the sudden event before she bumped into someone. She felt his arms were held tight as she looked up to meet the owner of the hands. “Who are you? What are you doing here?” his eyes rounded as he questioned. Chorong shook her head as he left and ran to uncontrollable Jumi.

“Jumi!” Joongki exclaimed and pulled her away from Hoya.

“What are you doing here? Get out from here!” Joongki raised his voice as he held tighter to her mad sister. Hoya stared at Joongki for a while before he managed a shaking head. “We need to put an end to this.”

“What?” Joongki questioned to Hoya’s absurd talk.