The meeting

Damaged Heart

Hoya rushed into the big building and went into the lift. The lift began to lift him up to the promised level, and as soon as the lift’s door opened, the man who wanted to meet him appeared before him.

Without hesitation he walked out and grabbed his collar pushing him to the hard wall. “Stop appearing in my life! I don’t know who the hell are you and yet you turn my life upside down! WHAT DO YOU WANT?” Hoya’s chest heaved up and down, his eyes menacingly glared to the man in his grasp.

“Jumi…” he uttered almost whispering.

The man began to blink his eyes couple of time to avoid the tears from falling, “She tried to hurt herself for the first time.”

Hoya loosened his grasp and stared into his eyes, he turned speechless. He then let go of him, and the man fell down onto the cold floor.

“Please save my sister,” Joongki pleaded. “I don’t know what to do anymore, she just lose hope on living.”

Hoya sighed out audibly; he turned away from Joongki who was now crying, helpless. He pulled out his cell phone and saw Chorong’s calling. He picked it up, “Baby, I’m sorry I’ll be home late tonight.”

Joongki peeked up to see Hoya; he stood up and dusted off the dirt on his coat. “Don’t wait for me, just go to sleep.”

Hoya turned to Joongki, “Explain.”

---

The picture Hoya held shortened Hoya’s breath. “You got all the features right.”

Hoya’s hand trembled as his eyes scanned the man’s face in the picture from the eyes to his chin. He glanced to Joongki disbelief, how can two person having similar faces? His brain couldn’t register the non-sense information he just received.

Joongki nodded, “I know right? How can it be possible to have the same look?”

Hoya startled with Joongki’s statement, he placed the pictures on the table. “I was shock too and it was difficult for me to understand.”

“Where is he?” Hoya questioned, curious.

“A place where I don’t want Jumi to come and join him,” Joongki sighed heavily.

“He’s…..dead?” Hoya carefully spoke out the words. Joongki raised his eyebrows, “The fact that Jumi doesn’t want to learn to accept.”

Hoya nodded, the things began to make sense now. “Have you tried to bring her see his grave?”

“His body is nowhere to be found.”

Hoya looked up. “For years he’s been gone. The searching mission been halted as the possibility to find him alive or dead is low. So I assume him as dead.”

“So do you mean your sister acts like that for years already?”

Joongki glared at him, “Acts like what?”

“Like a mad woman?” Hoya abruptly replied.

Joongki stood up enraged, “She is not crazy!”

Hoya stood to calm him down, “Look, I don’t want to be involved with your life anymore. It has been clear that Han Ji Heon is not me and your sister is just crazy. You’re the one who should learn the fact, not only your sister!”

“How dare you?” A punched hit Hoya’s eye. Hoya fell back to the couch. “You better be careful with the words you spoke.”

Hoya raised his both hands, surrendered. He nodded and left the office. Joongki walked to the window with trembled fist, he hit the window hard. But then he just remembered something.

---

Hoya accelerated his car fast and ruled the road as if he owned it. “She is not crazy!” the words keep playing in his mind.

“Explain”

“It is call damaged heart where even surgery couldn’t help.”

He drove fast hoping seeing Chorong’s face could calm him down. He needed her hug, her motherly hug. As soon as he arrived, the door opened before he even reached the door’s handle.

“Han.”

“Ji.”

“Heon.”

Hoya looked at Chorong, confused.

“Han Ji Heon,” she repeated with not an amuse look.