Careless~

+++You are my only sunshine+++

Ji Young closes his room door.

Taeyang looks over from his phone screen. “Oh, Ji Young where are you going?” asks Taeyang.

“I got some work to finish at the recording studio.” Ji Young says, faintly and cough.

Taeyang’s phone vibrates and he looks back to his phone. He smiles at Diana’s text.  “Ok, take care.” He says as he types on his phone.

Ji Young drags his legs to the door and put on his sneakers and walks out to work.

It’s been 3 weeks since Taeyang and Diana last met each other but they immediately kept in touch. They’ve been texting almost every moment of every day.  Everyone just let him be because he seems very happy texting that ‘someone’.  They’ve never seen him this happy before.

The door swings open. “I’m home!” The maknae announce.

Taeyang looks up. “Welcome home.” greets Taeyang.

 Seungri kicks off his sneakers and walks into the kitchen and place the groceries on the kitchen counter. “Who are you texting to?” asks Seungri, arranging the groceries.

Taeyang hugs the phone to his chest and awkwardly says, “No one…”

“No one?” he repeats, rising a brow.

His phone vibrates and he looks down to his phone and starts to type again.

Seungri sneak behind Taeyang and grabs his phone.  “Yah!!!” Taeyang tries to take his phone back but Seungri pushes him back as he read the text.

Taeyang gives up. Seungri scrolls through his phone, reading every single text. Seungri looks at Taeyang. “Who’s Diana?” asks Seungri.

“It’s none of your business!” Taeyang says.

“Who’s Diana?” Seungri asks again.

“She’s just a girl I met.” Taeyang says, trying to get his phone.

“Where?” Seungri asks another question.

“Just give me back my phone!” Taeyang says, his voice nearly pleading helplessly.

Seungri uses his arm to block Taeyang as smiles evilly and lets out an uncontrollable laugh. “I need tell Ji Young about this!” He blurts out as he head to Ji Young’s door. “Hyung ah! Hyung ah! HYUNG AH! You got to-“ He opens the door but froze half way in the room.

Taeyang takes the opportunity to grab his phone and type on his phone.

“Where’s hyung?” Seungri asks Taeyang, sternly.

“I’m here, why?” He says, typing on his voice.

“No, not you. Ji Young hyung!” Seungri starts to panic.

“Oh, he needed to finish some work at the studio.” He says, flatly.

“WHAT!?” Seungri snaps. “He what?”

“He needed to-“

“No, no, no. I heard you. I heard you loud and clear.” Seungri takes a deep breath. “I just want to know, why did you let him go? Why didn’t you stop him?”

He tucks his phone into his jacket pocket. “Because I can’t stop him when it comes to his work.”

Seungri slaps his forehead. “Oh my god… Hyung ah! Don’t you know that Ji Young hyung fainted at work yesterday? No one can even sit up when they fainted yesterday. How can he stand up? How could you let him go?” He asks many questions. 

Taeyang slightly bites his lower lip, nervous to ask.  “I was texting?” He answers softly.

Seungri release an irritated sigh and realizes Ji Young’s car keys are missing. “And he’s driving! Great!” Taeyang says nothing. “We need to stop him before something happens to him.” Seungri says, taking out his phone. “Who do you think is that the company, right now?”

“Sally?”

“No, she’s still at her parent’s house.”

“Ae?”

Seungri snickers. “Never in a billion years would I call her in this type of situation.”

“Oh, come on. She’s the only girl that roams around the building even if it’s her day off.” Taeyang states.

“Tell me of all reason why should I call her?”

“Seungri, just call her and ask her if she’s in the building and we’ll go get him before he faints again.” Taeyang explains.

Seungri was not convinces by Taeyang’s suggestion.

“And, I’m sure he’ll listen to her.” Taeyang adds.

It’s true, he’ll listen to her. Well not completely but it’ll bring some reality check to him.

Seungri sighs. “Fine, she won’t answer my calls anyway.” He mumbles, typing Ae’s number. He puts his phone to his ear. “Hello? Ae? Are you at the building right now? Great! Erm…” He slightly pulling the phone away from his ear. “Ji Young sort of woke up and went to the building.” He says, softly.

“WHAT!” Taeyang could hear Ae’s scream through the phone.

“Hey! Hey! It ain’t my fault, ok. It was Taeyang hyung. I’m not lying! It’s the truth!” says Seungri, starting to get annoyed. “Ok! Ok! Ae, wait at the lounging room until he comes. No matter what, don’t let him into the recording studio. He’s literately killing himself.” He tells Ae. “Ok. See you later. Bye.” He presses on the red dis-call button. “Let’s get going!”

+++

Taeyang reverse his car and drives.

Seungri and Taeyang didn’t speak and let the silence take over.

“So, who’s this Diana girl?” Seungri finally asks.

“She’s… She’s just a girl I met in a church…”Taeyang says, quietly.

“Is she pretty?”

“Beautiful.” He corrects Seungri. “She’s most beautiful girl in the world I’ve seen so far.”

“Is she one of the girls in the party?”

Taeyang shakes his head. “Nope, I met her at the church. We bump into each other a couple of times until we finally exchange our numbers.”

Seungri looks at Taeyang, surprise. “Are you two dating now?”

“Not exactly dating, we’re just in a process of getting into a relationship.”

“How sure are you? You just met the girl like a month ago.”

Taeyang let out a smile. “Ah, that. Let the universe decide that.” Taeyang says out Ae’s lame quote.

Seungri  chuckles. “‘Let the universe decide’.” He repeats, mimicking Taeyang’s voice. “You’ve been spending too much time with Ae.” Seungri remarks.

“Can’t a boy and girl be best friends?”

“Of course, I mean you two are really close to each other.”

Taeyang shakes his head and smacks Seungri’s head, “Oh, Seungri. Grow up and think positive!”

Seungri massages his head and roll his eyes.

+++

Taeyang and Seungri goes down from the car.

A staff comes running to them. “Oh, boy! Thank god you’re here!” He exclaims. “You need to stop that insane Leader of yours! He’s gone way too far this time. He looks terrible, who let him out from his room?! You guy better stop him before he faints again.” The staff demands an answer.

“That’s what we’re here for.” Seungri pats the staff’s head as they enter the building. Seungri was about to press the elevator button.

“Let’s take the stairs, it’s faster.” Taeyang says, starting to climb the stairs.

Seungri follows behind Taeyang.

+++

Taeyang scan his finger-print and the door-slides open. They rush in and open the studio door. They are startled to see Ji Young laying on top of Ae while she struggles.

Seungri,Taeyang and Ae stare at each other for a good long minute. “This is not what it looks like.” Ae says through her panting.

“We’re sorry to bother you two.” Seungri blurts out, start taking a few steps back.

“No! This is not what it looks like!” Ae says again. “Ji Young was struggling and he fainted on me. JUST GET HIM OFF ME AND I'LL TELL YOU WHAT HAPPEN!"

Taeyang lifts Ji Young up and put his arm around his neck. "Omo! He's burning hot!"

Ae sits up, catching her breath. "Thank god, youi guys came in time. I nearly suffocated..." She wipes the tears from the corner of her eyes. Taeyang notice her dried tears and tired eyes.

“Ah! Ae, did Ji Young make you cry?” Taeyang slaps Ji Young's head. “You idiot! Why did you make her cry?!” He scolds the unconscious Ji Young, not trying to make things too obvious.

“Yah! Don’t do that! He’s having a really high fever!” Ae tells Taeyang.

Seungri help her up. “How did he faint on you?”

Ae stands up and dusts off her coat. “I was trying my best block him from entering the studio but he kept pushing me off and I had to hug him until I burst out crying.” She explains, sniffing. “Then he fainted on me and suddenly got a high fever.”

Taeyang and Seungri exchange looks. Seungri looks at her, lifting his eye brow. “Are you sure you two did nothing else?”

Ae punch Seungri’s arm hard. “Don’t over think, you stupid-head!” She scolds him.

“Hey! Stop hitting me. That's going to leave a bruise."

"Weak link." She mumurs.

Ae and Seungri roll their eyes and crosses they arms.  Taeyang sighs. “Can you two argue later and help me?” Taeyang asks the both of them kindly.

“Sorry, hyung/oppa…” They apologize at the same time. Seungri puts Ji Young’s other arm around his neck as they start to bring him out from the building. They put him into Taeyang’s car back seat. “What about Ji Young’s car?” Seungri points at his dear hyung’s car.

Taeyang thinks carefully. “Why don’t you drive my car and I’ll drive Ji Young’s.”

“Ok.” Taeyang hands over his keys to Seungri.

“Hands up, Tedaddy!” Ae calls out to Taeyang. Taeyang turns as she tosses Ji Young’s car keys to him, Taeyang manages to catch it. She smiles at him.

He smiles back at her. “Thanks for helping us out.” He thanks her.

“No biggy.” She puts her hands into her coat pocket.

“See you around.” He waves at her as he walk to Ji Young’s car.

“Bye bye~!”  She says cutely.

“Bye, Ae.” Seungri says, going into the car.

“Bye, idiot.” Her voice changes to cute to slightly mean. Seungri glares at her and closes the door. Ae gives way for the cars to reverse and drive off to the street. Taeyang  honks at her, making her laugh and wave at him.

+++

Seungri drives ahead of Taeyang. 

A lot of things going on, Taeyang massage his forehead. He stops at the red light. He taps his finger on the stirring wheel and glance left and right and left again. A familiar hair colour catches his attention, he smiles already knowing who it is. When the light turns green, he drives into the left junction, keeping his eyes on that girl and stops in front of Jelletto’s Ice cream. He honks to get her attention and it actually did. He smiles as he wines down the window. “Hey there,”

The girl looks at him, confused.

He takes off his sunglasses. “Young Bae-sshi.” Diana exclaims happily.

His smile widens, hearing Diana calling his name.

She walks to his car. “Did you find your friend?” She asks him.

“Yeah, he’s with my dongsaeng in my car.” He says, straightly.

She looks in. “I don’t see them anywhere.”

“Eh?! Oh, this is his car. My dongsaeng is driving my car back to my appartment.” He explains to her.

“Really?”

He nods shyly. “Hey, do you want to hang out or something?” asks Taeyang.

“Hmm…” She made the thinking sound. “I got a class later in 20 minutes.” She glance to the ice cream shop behind her. She smiles of her decision, “Do you want to get some ice cream?”

Ah… There goes my diet again. “Sure.”

+++

He puts on his beanie and tinned sunglasses as they enter the ice cream shop. “This is a really good ice cream shop, I sometimes hang out here with my friends.”

Taeyang walks to an empty seat with no one in sight. “Really?”

“What are you doing?”

Taeyang turns to Diana, rubbing his neck. “Hmm?”

“Let’s go order?”

Taeyang smiles nervously. “Yeah, order.” He follows Diana to choose an ice cream.

Diana recommends various type of ice cream to Taeyang. “I really recommend you this.” She says, pointing at an ice cream.

Taeyang looks at the name of the ice cream, ‘Wonder Strawberries.’ Wow, she’s really crazy for berries. He thinks in his mind. “That really looks good.” He smiles saying.

“Do you want some?” She looks up to him. He nods. “Excuse me.” She calls for a waitress. “Two Wonder Strawberries, please.”

“Do you want a cup or cone?”

“Cup or cone?”

“Cone.”

“Cone.” She tells the waitress.

“For the both of you?”

“Yes.” She nods with her charming smile.

They walk to the counter. Diana takes out her purse. “Oh, let me pay.” Taeyang takes out his wallet. The waitress hands out the cones to both of them. She says the price of ice cream. He gives her the money, “Keep the change.” Diana sits on a place of the shop away from the giant window.  Taeyang his ice cream. “Wow, this is good.”

“I’m glad you love it.” Diana says, smiling up to him. “How’s Boss doing so far?” Her face turns serious.

“He’s doing well, he’s going to have his surgery in a few days.” He says, feeling a tight knot in his throat.

“God bless that the surgery will go well.”

Hearing Diana’s support, the knot in his throat went away.

They start to talk like their endless texting.  Even they finish their ice cream cone, they kept talking and talking.

Diana finally looks down to her wrist watch. “Omo! I’m late for my class.” She jumps up from the chair. “I’m sorry, Young Bae. I need to get to my class, I’m one hour late for my class.” She says, quickly, walking out from the shop

“I’ll send you there.” He follows behind her.

“No, there’s no need to. The center is near here.” She runs but he still tags along.

She stops in front of the gate. “I’ll text you after my class finish, ok?”

He nods. “Bye.” They stare at each other longingly.

She gives a quick smile before going in.

Taeyang watches her run into an elevator. Taeyang sighs and place his hand on his chest to calm his heart from racing too rapidly. Why does it always have to end like this?  He wonders to himself.  His phone rings. “Hello?” He answers.

“Hyung ah!” Seungri screams through the phone. “Where did you go? I thought you were drving behind mer. Did you get involve in an accident or something?!”

“I just went to buy some food.” He lies.

“I already bought the groceries!”

Taeyang had nothing to say back to his dongsaeng.

“Look just come back home, Ji Young hyung has a really high fever. I think we need to bring him to the hospital.” Says Seungri  through the phone.

“Ok…” He says, quietly.

“I'm serious, hyung. Come home now!” Seungri raises his voice.

“I know! Geez…”