Lamentations of the Sullen

Dystopia: City of Sin

I.

Stacy Taylor remained on her seat, not moving not talking. She'd rather be silent during this point in her life. Leeteuk was there, circling around her while she stares at him with gleaming, glinting, angry eyes. But still, she refused to say a word, let alone open . Leeteuk continued to stare at her before pulling a chair and sitting in front of her.

"I used to be a lonely young man, you know." Leeteuk said with his hands on his face. "I used to obsess about you all night long, did you know that? You were the only thing that was on my mind during those times. I didn't eat, sleep, I nearly took my own life when your father shied you away from me. More so when your sister tried to take you from me. I never knew happiness without you, Stacy." Leeteuk began to sound depressed. Stacy didn't know whether to feel sympathy for the leader or to just plain laugh at him for being pathetic.

"You are a lonely guy." whispered Stacy. "A very, very, very lonely, lonely guy Leeteuk!" Leeteuk raised his head and stood up from his seat. He circled around Stacy who was still firmly placed on her chair, with nothing else moving but her eyeballs which were now red with drowsiness. She, however, refused to sleep and preferred to stay awake and alert. Leeteuk stopped at her back and caressed her hair. Stacy could feel the malevolent energy of Leeteuk's crawling on the strands of her hair and on her spine. "My child, I've loved you all along. But you've insulted me too much within the span of the night." Leeteuk's angry smirk grew. Stacy just watch in numbness, in fact she was too numb to even feel fear itself. She just stared at nothing. For the entire night, she's been through so much. Too much blood and too much tears left her with this numb sensation that she cannot feel anymore. "Are you testing my patience?" asked Leeteuk. Stacy just stared into open space and refused to respond, resulting in Leeteuk slapping her across the face. Stacy's hair was a bloody mess once again and as she looked up, Leeteuk's smirking face was just above her.

"Before you say something, know first who you're messing with!" he said in a sinister voice. Leeteuk snapped his finger and called for the other men. Eunhyuk, Donghae, Sungmin, and Kangin appeared all of a sudden. They surrounded the girl and conveyed their messages with their leader.

"Boss, what are we to do?" asked a naïve Donghae.

"Torture me, you stupid ! Is that a question?" Stacy answered for Leeteuk. She was getting tired of sitting around and had to finally speak up for herself. Donghae turned to her and stood towering above her in an intimidating manner. He clenched his fists and pulled at Stacy's hair.

"You realize who you're talking to?" Donghae said to her face. Stacy just stared at him and once she's tired of his face, she spat in his eye, making Donghae back out in disgust.

"YOU PIG!" he yelled. "MEN! GET THIS GIRL, TIE HER UP AND WHIP HER TO DEATH! I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS LITTLE AGAIN!" Donghae screamed. The rest of the boys ganged up on her and beat her up till she's in a deep sleep. Upon waking, Stacy found herself tied to a wooden post with her back bare. Leeteuk took out his bullwhip and proceeded with the flogging. Every strike sent blood pouring down her back, much worse than what she had previously endured. In addition, the other members bad mouthed her, burnt her back with cigarette butts, pulled her hair and the like. An innocent young lady once again forced to submission and to torture.

II.

Shoshanna continuously roamed the dark and damp streets, trying to hide from the cops. Wearing her lace dress and a messily-tied and black-dyed hair, Shoshanna went around crying and screaming, maintaining her innocence and denying a crime she never committed. While she was walking in the middle of the street, she sensed a car coming from right behind her. Even with this in mind, she didn't take time to move aside and let the car pass, almost making it seem as if it's a suicide mission. Luckily, just when the car was about to hit her and end her misery filled life, someone got up from behind, leapt and shoved her out of the way, making both of them roll on the other side of the street.

" MAN!" yelled the borderline-insane woman. The man just stood up from behind her and helped her up. Shoshanna refused and preferred to remain seated on the ground. "What the hell was that for?" she was cussing about and didn't even care to look at the guy who saved her life.

"Would I let the only woman in my life whom I loved with all my heart die like that?" asked the gentle voice from above. Shoshanna whipped around and saw her lover, Kevin McArthur standing right above her. Shoshanna immediately stood up and wrapped her arms around the man who in turn hugged her.

"What the are you doing so deranged here?" asked Kevin.

"Well, that's something I'm asking myself as well. I wonder what I'm doing here. What happened to me?" replied a confused Shoshanna. Kevin pushed some of the tangled and messy hair away from her face and touched her cheeks.

"How's life treating you?" he asked while doing so. Shoshanna looked past him and saw an incoming car.

"Let's move to the sidewalk and you shall know." Kevin smirked as the two of them walked over to the side.

While walking on the sidewalk, Kevin yapped and yapped but Shoshanna heard nothing. Her mind was too lost in thoughts, filled with the images of her husband before and after his brutal death. She recalled everything he had done to her and began to gauge on whether she would feel sad about his demise or not.

"I guess losing him wouldn't be so bad." cried Shoshanna. Kevin suddenly stopped and looked at the lady who remained silent for the last 10 minutes of their conversation.

"Losing?" asked Kevin. "Losing who?"

"My husband. He was killed just this early morning. Though they aren't coming for me yet, I believe the cops are in on me. That's why I'm wearing this disguise right now. " Shoshanna walked further away from Kevin and sat herself down in the corner. She pulled the cigarette box from her pocket and took a stick out. She lit it and began smoking her joint while sitting there dazed. Kevin approached her and stood above her watching her puff and huff the smoke from the cigarette. Shoshanna stared at him with agape.

"The hell do you want?" she asked in an aggressive tone. Kevin backed away slightly and stood a small distance away from her.

", what is your problem? I've been trying to help you and talk to you for the past few minutes and you've been acting really strangely! What the is your problem?" Kevin hollered. Shoshanna just looked up to him meekly and puffed the smoke out of . She stood up and

"Well actually, Kevin McArthur, nobody told you to help me. As a matter of fact, nobody even told you to save me from the coming car. I was actually about to kill myself by means of having myself ran over by that goddamn car but you failed me you son of a !" Shoshanna began to walk away from Kevin and find her way back home. "I give up on this game. I'm going back home to chop that body and burn it." Kevin followed her and tried to explain.

"I was just concerned about you! I mean, look at you. For the past few years since we were apart I've been hearing news about you being battered and beaten up by your goddamn brute of a husband! I couldn't bear seeing you hurt! It hurts me just as much as-" Shoshanna slapped him hard with her right hand. It's been quite a while since she last slapped a guy. She went on walking with her cigarette in . Kevin kept on begging her but her mind seemed unchanged. Finally, she had enough and turned to Kevin with a sly and slightly crazed look on her face.

"Another thing." she said after puffing some smoke out of . "Whoever told you to give me sympathy? I'm not asking for your sympathy, hell, I don't even need your sympathy. Whoever loser son of a gun who dares give me the least bit of sympathy is a sad person who is in damn need of sympathy himself. Now do me a favor and stop…"Shoshanna was cut off. She saw two men driving around in a convertible with what appears like a cadaver in the backseat. Shoshanna checked out who the two men were and saw Henry and Zhou Mi, speeding about the boulevard with her . Shoshanna nearly dropped to her knees upon the sight of her husband's body being transported by two goons.

"I knew it." Shoshanna said with the cigarette still in . "I'm innocent." Shoshanna got back up on her feet and followed the car, staring directly at it and at nothing else. Kevin McArthur followed after her but she just walked ahead ignoring him. While stalking the car, she noticed it stopped by the pier near the river. Henry and Zhou Mi stepped down and checked whether someone was looking or was right behind them. Gladly, no one was and they would be able to lift the dead body and throw it in the river. Shoshanna witnessed everything from behind the brick building.

"How's it, Henry boy?" asked Zhou Mi, Henry rubbed his hands together and gave him a thumbs up sign. "Goin' great." replied the other guy. "Aside from the fact that I'm freezing to death here, yeah, everything's fine." Shoshanna wasn't about to take this in. She walked over right up to them and tapped Henry on the shoulder.

"Excuse me but do you happen to know whose body that is?" Henry and Zhou Mi turned around to see who was talking and found a woman smoking her cigarette in a fashionable way.

"Yes." answered Henry in a calm manner. "Why this is the body of Benjamin Everett-" Shoshanna became crazed and lunged at Henry and began to viciously attack him. Zhou Mi tried to hold her back but to no avail. Shoshanna, armed with insanity and the raging desire to find her husband's murderer was just too strong.

"You murdered my husband you son of a !" yelled Shoshanna while backing away slowly from him. The widow, now in a tattered state of mind, was cursing viciously at Henry.

"He owes us something…"hissed Henry. "He owes them something." Shoshanna continued walking around while muttering something to herself, evidence of her insanity.

"He owes you nothing!" she hissed back. Henry smirked back at her and cackled. ", he ain't your husband if you never knew what happened to us back then." Shoshanna kept mum. "He used to be one of Leeteuk's dad's friends. Until they went to jail and he decided that the money that would be left should be better off in his hands. Therefore, he made himself the beneficiary of the riches instead of the true inheritor who is Leeteuk. So that's how your husband got rich. From taking something that belongs to others. He just had to go…"Shoshanna cursed and smacked the out of Henry. "You don't judge my husband you bastard! You don't know him!" Henry rubbed his chin and smartened his suit up. He walked over to Shoshanna. He grabbed her by the hair but she tried to fight it off. Zhou Mi entered the scene and assisted Henry in battering her. Shoshanna was weak in both mind and body, thus disabling her from fighting back. She could see her demise right in front of her.

Suddenly, Kevin McArthur came bursting into the scene, running like the devil to come to his former lover's aid. There, he pushed Henry and Zhou Mi of and began to fight with them which unfortunately ended tragically when Henry took matters into the blade.

"Don't come any closer, man. I have a knife here! You wouldn't wanna with me!" but Kevin had a knife with him and turned the fight into a duel of knives. The two fought like knights as Shoshanna watched on while sitting helplessly on the pier.

"Who are you and what have you got to do with what's happening to us right now?" Henry said. "Well I just happen to be her ex-lover. She runs to m e wenever things go crazy between her and Benjamin." Zhou Mi was clutching his own knife and while the two were having the war of the words, he snuck up from behind Kevin and tried to stab him but Shoshanna stopped him by clenching his arm tightly and diverting its direction from Kevin to Zhou Mi's guts. Zhou Mi pushed her to the ground and stabbed a great chunk of her arm before turning to Kevin and stabbing him at the back multiple times. Kevin fell to the ground, his body punctured and pounded with stabs. In an instant Kevin hit his head on the hard cement and died. Blood flowed everywhere, nearly reaching Shoshanna's shoes. These made Shoshanna scream in terror. Her insanity level rose, making her 5 times as nuts as she was earlier. Henry and Zhou Mi hurriedly got into their car and sped away just as Shoshanna was about to chase after them. Missing them by a meter, Shoshanna dropped to the ground near Kevin's body with her left hand squeezing her right arm tightly. She cried out loud while caressing his hair and yelling incoherent words before leaving the body on the ground and walking around in an insane fashion. Before leaving the scene of the murder, she cursed out to the world.

"REMEMBER THIS DAY! I CURSE EVERYONE! REMEMBER THIS DAY! THIS IS THE DAY WHEN MY LIFE ENDS! REMEMBER THIS DAY!" she yelled over and over again in the pouring rain.

Leaving the site, the streets have never been colder.

III.

Hubert and Bettie Jane stayed in a motel. It is here that Hubert got to know the girl even better.

"So you live with your dad?" asked Hubert while toying with his knuckles. Bettie Jane could only manage a sheepish nod.

"Yeah." she replied. "But we don't talk that much."

"We've got to get you home. Daddy might be worrying about you." said a concerned Hubert.

"I don't want to go home." cried Bettie Jane. "I wanna stay here. With you." Hubert felt a sudden chill in his blood and on his bones when he heard the words "with you."

"But dear," Hubert explained in a sweet manner. "We have to get you home. You can't live with me forever. I have a life and you have a life. We can't stay together."

"Hubert. I don't have a life at least that of I know of. I don't have any purpose here and until you love me and look at me as your girl and your wife than as your acquaintance maybe my life would be a tad bit useful."

Hubert stood up and rubbed his head in confusion. His brain was a mix and his heart was insane. He doesn't know what to do or say.

"You're tired." he said sternly. "You're tired and traumatized. Go to sleep." But Bettie Jane refused to leave his side.

"Well you can't make me leave! Do you know what'll happen to me when you make me leave?" cried Bettie. "I will be homeless and will either end up in an orphanage or in my dad's house which I don't want! So please, please, please let me stay with you. Please…"Hubert finally agreed and took the young girl with him.

"Alright. I'll shelter you. But keep mum and we'd have to leave this place." Hubert said. He and Bettie Jane hurriedly left the motel. Upon leaving, they got inside the car and drove home. All was peaceful at first until gunshots were heard from behind. Bettie Jane screamed in utter horror and fright. A shriek came out when thhe bullet went through one of the windows, narrowly missing them.

"We'd have to make it fast." uttered Hubert. "We'd have to swerve like idiots to avoid them completely." Hubert swerved from side to side, making Bettie Jane dizzy.

"Oh man!" said Bettie Jane in a slurred manner. "I don't feel so good." Bettie felt her head spinning and because of this, she nearly lost consciousness but snapped awake at the sound of a bullet from behind. That particular bullet missed her but shot Hubert in the head, putting an ultimate stop to the car. Bettie screamed and cried on ends.

"Hubert…Hubert don't leave me!" she said shaking the older man's body. She went on like this…

Until a shadow came out.