First victory

Unexpected situation.

 

There were guards everywhere now and they were all ready. Jiyoon noticed that none of the guards went to look for the imprisoned people. Which was good as they needed to distract the guards so that the other team can evacuate the people quicker.
 
"Let's split! Since there are 3 openings to this dungeon... Meet up as soon as you are done!" Doojoon said and they did. 
 
Jiyoon, Junhyung, Gayoon and Yoseob went to the main entrance while HyunA and Hyunseung went to the left and G.Na and Doojoon headed to the right. 
 
"There they are!" One of the guards called and pointed to HyunA and Hyunseung's direction.
 
The two of them looked at each other and nodded.
 
Hyunseung managed to aim at one of the guard's sword, burning it and scalding his hand. "You know what they say, to never play with fire." He then aimed at the guard's shield, melting it as well.
 
HyunA flew to the outside of the entrance, gaining the attention of the guards and swarming them into a group. 
 
With a wave of her hands, she formed a burning prison around them; trapping them while the flames were scorching hot.
 
"HyunA! There are more coming! Be careful! They have bows and arrows!" Hyunseung shouted to her while she turned back.
 
An arrow nearly hit her but thankfully she managed to shield herself in time. 
 
"Wrong decision, guards!" HyunA said and raised her arms and sent a huge ball of fire towards them, burning all their arrows.
 
When they noticed they could not use the arrows, they summoned their swords and began running towards Hyunseung and HyunA.
 
"Wanna do combine power?" Hyunseung asked while his back leaned against hers, scanning the situation.
 
"How?" 
 
"You fly me up while I attack them with full power." Hyunseung said and HyunA just smiled cheekily. 
 
She then controlled Hyunseung's flight while he did his thing; also shielding herself from flying swords.
 
There was fire everywhere and the duo managed to block the stairs. There were a lot more guards than expected but they continued to keep them away.
 
Meanwhile...
 
G.Na and Doojoon were stuck; with a whole lot of guards surrounding them because they got their guard down.
 
"What do we do?" G.na asked nervously.
 
"Well, we'll just strike them at full force." Doojoon whispered.
 
G.na just gulped. 
 
"Give it up, earthlings, you are no match for us!" One of the guards said. 
 
Doojoon took a sword from the rack and powered the sword with lightning and threw it at the guards. 
 
With a snap of his fingers, the lightning bolt began to flow everywhere, zapping the guards.
 
"My turn!" G.na said and she flew towards the guards and zapped the chandelier, causing it to fall onto some of the guards. 
 
The guards looked nervous but regained their composure and began to charge at Doojoon since he could not fly. 
 
Doojoon was shocked at the sudden response but he managed to zap lightning towards everyone that came towards him.
 
G.na flew to the top and began to form a lightning sphere, trapping some of the guards and zapping them unconscious. 
 
She then noticed a group of guards with the bow and arrow aiming at her.
 
"Eek!" And before she could react and defend herself, one of the arrow pinned her to the wall. 
 
"G.Na! Are you okay?" Doojoon shouted and G.na just nodded slowly and pointed to the guards over there who was aiming at Doojoon now.
 
She pulled out the arrow harshly and put an electric spell on it just like what Doojoon did and threw the arrow, making it zap the archers. 
 
"There's too many of them..." G.na said.
 
"I know, but we have to keep them away! We just can't let them in here!" 
 
Meanwhile at the main entrance...
 
Gayoon swopped past the guards and landed on the stairs where the guards used to come. She raised her hands and controlled the stairs; breaking it and then holding it up, squashing some of the guards.
 
"Awesome!" Yoseob cheered as Gayoon landed to their side.
 
"That was tough..." Gayoon panted.
 
"You did great." Jiyoon grinned.
 
However, all the guards began to jump down from where they came and began to regain composure and tried to charge towards them.
 
Yoseob bravely ran forward, placing his palm on the ground and making a huge hole from where they were jumping.
 
"It seems like we don't even need to lift our finger up. Gayoon and Yoseob are already strong enough to handle those pests." Junhyung said.
 
"Just don't count on it too much..." Jiyoon replied and flew over to help the duo. 
 
Junhyung just shook his head and ran over to Yoseob to help him out too.
 
There were now archers, shooting arrows at them since the sword guards were all defeated.
 
"Shield yourselves!" Gayoon shouted and took a huge piece of rock and shielded herself and Jiyoon. 
 
"Squash them with that huge rock later." Jiyoon said and smiled.
 
"Had exactly the same thought." Gayoon smirked.
 
Jiyoon looked down at Yoseob and Junhyung. Junhyung shielded himself and Yoseob together so it should be safe. 
 
"You weaklings! You are only wasting resources by shooting the arrows like that! Can't you see that they are defending themselves and your arrows will have no effects?!" A girl with a grey robe flew past the guards and landed on a safe ground. 
 
"Queen Dorathy! We apologize for what has happened!" 
 
"Flee now! Go for more training!" She commanded. And they did.
 
Gayoon held the rock still, and Jiyoon flew to the guys. 
 
"Who are you?" Yoseob asked.
 
"Didn't you hear what my guards call me? How dare you... Earthlings... How dare you invade the castle!" Dorathy then held out her hands and crushed the rock that Gayoon was controlling.
 
"Urgh!" Gayoon dodged the falling rocks and landed to the ground together with the rest.
 
"You will pay for this destruction you've caused... Whoever you are working for, you will pay..." 
 
"No, but you will pay for making those people suffer!" Yoseob said and rose his arms, causing a field of plants to raise. With a click on his finger, the plants immediately began to sputter sand out, causing the dark sorceress cough and close her eyes. 
 
Jiyoon then raised hand and a pink wave of energy held Dorathy captured.
 
But she managed to deflect their power, bursting the energy prison and stopped the plants from sputtering sand.
 
Everyone got tensed.
 
"You fools, you have done it all wrong!" Dorathy got so mad that she captured all 4 of them into a bubble cage.
 
They began pounding the cage and using their powers to hit the cage but it was no use.
 
Yoseob even tried to get rocks to hit her but she deflected all of it. 
 
Jiyoon then closed her eyes and focused on contacting the rest. 'Help... Entrance... We are taken away by Dorathy...'
 
"There is no point contacting your friends my little one. They are all defeated and I'm going to capture you all." Dorathy said.
 
"How did you know that I----" Jiyoon asked but Dorathy cut her off.
 
"I am all of your powers combined." 
 
And soon enough, they found HyunA, Hyunseung, G.Na and Doojoon together with them in the cage.
 
'What are we going to do...?' Jiyoon thought. 
 
Jiyoon then turned to the back of Dorathy, hiding herself from the rest and tried to contact Sohyun... Or maybe Jihyun. 
 
'Guys! Hear me out! This is Jiyoon... We've been captured by Dorathy!!'
 
-------
 
Meanwhile...
 
The last person entered the portal safely and Sohyun and Jihyun began to hear Jiyoon's voice in their head. 
 
"Jiyoon?" Sohyun and Jihyun said at the same time.
 
"What? What happened?" Kikwang asked.
 
"Jiyoon just talked in my head... She said that all of them are being captured by... Dorathy! Whoever that is." Jihyun said and Sohyun nodded.
 
"Let's go rescue them then!" Dongwoon said and began running to the main entrance while Hong closed the portal with the keychain.
 
"Any idea where they went?" Hong asked.
 
"No.. I can't reach Jiyoon anymore..." Jihyun said sadly.
 
"We can't reach her anymore... But I can hear a woman's voice... Somewhere..." Sohyun said and began following the voice that was talking while the rest followed. 
 
"There she is!" Sohyun whispered, looking at the rest captured inside her prison.
 
"Let's go get her!" Kikwang said and began to send a water ball to her; splashing at her.
 
"What the---!" Dorathy cursed and wiped her face, just in time to experience sand going into her eyes, mouth and nose with Dongwoon's power of air. 
 
"ARRRGGHHH!!!" Dorathy screamed in pain.
 
"Unnie! Let's combine! Water and air!" Sohyun said.
 
"Let's join the girls too then!" Dongwoon said to Kikwang and they nodded.
 
Together, they sent a hurricane at her, making Dorathy loose concentration and dropped their friends. 
 
"You guys are awesome!" HyunA hugged Sohyun and Jihyun.
 
"And brave!" Added Gayoon.
 
"Now, let's do this! All together!" 
 
When all of the elements combined, they were strong. Dorathy could not react in time and became half unconscious after their attack.
 
"We did it!" The girls cheered and hugged each other.
 
"Don't be too sure about that..." Hyunseung said and pointed at her.
 
"Wait till... I tell my brother about this..." Dorathy whispered and disappeared.
 
"Well... Mission accomplished... Let's return to Alaeria!" Hong said.
 
----------
 
When they returned, the first thing they saw was Niss and the teachers that taught them.
 
"The people of Migest are grateful for what you've done. I am very proud of you." 
 
They looked at each other and smiled.
 
"Could you tell us who Dorathy is and how come you never told us who she is?" Jiyoon asked.
 
"Dorathy is Tenmoku's dearest sister... And I wouldn't think that she would appear so soon... I fear for your safety now... She is a very dangerous girl..."
 
"And for now, I would like you to rest. Go to the entertainment rooms and relax and enjoy yourself if you must. Tomorrow you will begin training by yourselves." Niss said and disappeared.
 
"I hope she would stop doing that. It scares me." Dongwoon said.
 
"By ourselves? How is that possible?" Yoseob said.
 
"Anyway, let's party today! We've done a wonderful job, don't you think so?" HyunA said and began to push all the ladies out, leaving the guys in a daze.
 
"Shall we join them?" Doojoon asked.
 
"I will stay here... I need a rest..." Hong said while the rest stood up.
 
"Okay. Try to run to us when you need us urgently!" Kikwang said and left.
-------
 
"Wait up!" Doojoon called out.
 
"Faster you slow pokes! Time is precious!" Gayoon said.
 
"Remember what Sunyeon said? We can get free stuff because we are loyalty! That only means we can get free clothes and food!" Sohyun said excitedly, jumping together with HyunA. (Refer to chapter 5)
 
Everyone was in a pleasant mood. 
 
They did not separate but only went together to the little mall. 
 
"No clothes? There's nothing on the rack but electronics beeping around here!" HyunA complained, jumping up and down.
 
"Do you need any help, miss?" A salesperson asked. 
 
"Not really but a question for you. Why are the stores open when they are selling nothing?" HyunA asked.
 
She giggled at her impatient behavior. "You must be new here. The machines are at your service. Since you are in the clothing department, you need to ask for clothes from the machine and they will give it to you." 
 
"Are you serious?" Gayoon raised an eyebrow and HyunA squealed to her. 
 
"Then all the more, I can't wait!" 
----
 
After shopping for clothes, they headed to a classy bar with the clothes they picked.
 
"To our first victory! Which was kinda scary." G.na announced and raised her glass and the rest did too. 
 
"It scared me when Jiyoonie told us that you guys were captured!" Sohyun said.
 
"But you guys did great too! At least we completed the mission and you managed to save us!" G.na said.
 
"But hey, did you notice something about our powers?" Yoseob asked.
 
"It is growing well?" Dongwoon answered.
 
"Not only that! But we get to control elements! Each pair gets to control an element! How come we didn't know when we were given lessons and in training?" Yoseob said.
 
"Hmm... Let's see... Jihyun and I controls water... Sohyun and Dongwoon controls air... HyunA and Hyunseung controls fire... G.na and Doojoon controls lightning... And you and Gayoon controls earth! What about Junhyung and Jiyoon though? Pink power?" Kikwang concluded.
 
"Excuse me, but it is pure energy." Jiyoon answered and crossed her arms.
 
"Wow, how come I didn't even know my own power?" Junhyung said and rest himself on the sofa beside Kikwang and Yoseob.
 
"That's because you don't read about your own power." Jiyoon answered and smirked.
 
"Okay okay, clever one." Junhyung retorted back.
 
"It's so cool! All the elements we get to control! Now I know what my power is..." Sohyun said to the girls.
 
"And don't forget we can fly and heal things and the guys could only send attacks. We rule!" G.na said.
 
"Not to mention our hardworking girl over here can teach us some skills that she learnt..." Jihyun said and everyone looked at Jiyoon.
 
"Well... It's easy!" Jiyoon said and nervously shrug, pulling back from the space between the girls. She hated being the center of attraction.
 
"By the way, G.na! How are you and Doojoon progressing? Pretty well, ehh??" Sohyun asked and smiled cheekily together with the rest.
 
"Keep it down you! They might hear us!" G.na said and smiled too.
 
"How? The music is so loud?" Gayoon said and everyone started giggling while G.na blushed.
 
"Well... To be honest I feel that nothing has been progressing..." G.na said and pushed her hair to the back.
 
"Aww, don't worry! He will if you spend quality and alone time together!" Sohyun winked and smiled.
 
"Why is our maknae playing cupid?" G.na smiled and ruffled her hair. "Oh what about you and Dongwoon, hmmmm?" 
 
"Oh shush." Sohyun gave a tiny smile and blushed as the rest crowded her even more to hear her story.
 
"I think we make a good team." That was all she said.
 
"We're talking about romance here darling. So spill, tell us what he has done for you!" HyunA said.
 
"Ohhhh.... Nothing much... We've been busy, so yeah... And I'm being serious here!" Sohyun said, putting her hair behind her ear shyly. 
 
"Hey girls, what are you talking about?" Doojoon asked and the guys were behind them.
 
"Oh nothing much!" G.na replied.
 
"Remember what Niss said about training tomorrow? We will be by ourselves! How do we train by ourselves!?" Yoseob said.
 
"That's simple. Just bring all the skill books here and learn them all by heart. Since we know the basics, we might as well go advance." Jiyoon said. 
 
"Okay, so, who's going to pick our teacher for tomorrow?" Junhyung asked and smirked.
 
"Yong Junhyung, you'd better not." She glared at him.
 
"I think it is best that we don't piss her off..." Hyunseung suggested. 
 
"Alright, alright!" Junhyung surrender and shrugged.
 
--------
The next morning...
 
They headed off to the empty grass hill and settled there. They wore simple, plain clothing just to train.
 
"I shall start first." Dongwoon said and spun around, sending a small tornado about his size.
 
"Umm, too much Dongwoon!" G.na complained as everyone's hair got messy. 
 
"I'll stop it." Sohyun said and stood in front of the tornado. She held out both her palms and the tornado was gone.
 
"My turn!" Yoseob said and got in front of the rest. He put his palm near the grass and closed his eyes. 
 
The ground rumbled a little and grass became a lot taller than usual.
 
Gayoon then put her palms on the grass. The ground cracked and she managed to lift up a rock, then crushing it.
 
"There's not much of my type of power here." Jihyun said. "But I'll try." Jihyun manage to absorb the water from the plants, making a bubble of its own, and then releasing it, giving the plant back its water.
 
"Fire will only burn the grass and I don't think Niss and the people here would appreciate our doing." Hyunseung said.
 
"Well then, my turn... Although it will be a bit dangerous..." G.na said and rose her arms high and looked up to the sky. Lightning shocked the sky and there was water coming out. 
 
"Cool! Okay now, my turn!" Kikwang said and rose his arms to shelter all of them.
 
"Maybe we can combine powers. Water and air!" Jiyoon suggested.
 
Kikwang then consumed the rainwater into a huge bubble that can contain all of us. And Dongwoon managed to blow the bubble and created air inside the bubble, making it float into the sky.
 
"Oh no, we are flying away!" Gayoon shrieked, looking down.
 
"Jihyun, stop the rain and Kikwang and Dongwoon, stop the air or water bubble from flying." Jiyoon commanded and they did what they were told.
 
"Well... We can actually do combined powers on a creature... Mud... And heat... Will solidify the creature." Jiyoon said. "Water... And air will turn into ice! Well, the air must be strong of course." 
 
"Wanna try that?" Sohyun turned to Jihyun and Jihyun nodded.
 
Jihyun then unleashed a water wave, hitting the ground while Sohyun used enough of her power of air, freezing the water wave.
 
"Cool!" Yoseob said.
 
"And... Maybe... Let's experiment fire with water?"
 
-------
 
They had fun practicing and combining their powers until it was lunch time and they were starving due to the loss of energy. 
 
They cleaned themselves up before heading to somewhere to eat. 
 
"I wonder what are we going to do next...? More training?" HyunA asked while eating her rice.
 
"I think so... Well I think we are good to go though. We work so well together!" Gayoon said.
 
"Oh oh oh! May we please go explore the village? I want to do something..." Sohyun begged.
 
"What for?" G.na asked.
 
"Well... There's something I want to do... Gayoon must follow me, or maybe Yoseob too. The rest could stay in the castle if you want..." 
 
The girls looked at each other. "We will all go with you Sohyun." Jihyun said.
 
There was a heavy storm after they finished their lunch.
 
"Aw man! What a heavy downpour! But I still must go! The villagers might need more help, in that case!" Sohyun said.
 
"Okay, at least Jihyun and G.na can do something about the rain water and lightning." HyunA said and winked at them.
 
"Okay then, let's go!"
 
-------
"Where are they planning to go? And with Yoseob too?" Dongwoon asked.
 
"No idea... They didn't ask anyone of us except Yoseob. Or maybe he decided to go with them." Kikwang said.
 
"Shouldn't we go too?" Hyunseung asked.
 
"Well... If you wanna spy on them... Why not?" Junhyung said.
 
"And since we have nothing important to do too... Let's go!" Doojoon said, ushering the guys to quietly follow them.
 
----------- 
A/N: Aaaaannnnnddd I'm back! Sorry it took forever to update! I had exams and now it is officially over! Intense and stress was what I felt. I hope you readers did not forget this and I hope you enjoyed the story! :D