The start of lessons

Unexpected situation.

Jiyoon's POV

What we did for the entire afternoon before 6 was that we went back into our rooms, and was also surprised at everything that was already neatly packed for us and being arranged in a nice manner, not to mention with bottles of water and a few kinds of snack at our table top. 

We were all ready to head for our lessons. 

The guys were a bit too excited for us, and the girls? We just seemed kind of worried about this... There is this tension inside us.

We headed to the main hall to gather since that was what they told us before. And this was a huge castle, we did not want to risk ourselves getting lost.

When we were at the main hall, we were greeted by six people that were dressed weirdly to us. Robes, weird looking shoes and gloves... They looked like they were cosplaying Harry Potter casts, except that their costumes were much more detailed.

We awkwardly bowed, and glanced at each other. They definitely did not looked like humans at all. They had this face paint, and it looked scary.

They bowed, or should I say, nodded at us slightly. 

"Hello. My name is Dianna, one of your instructors." A woman with the scariest face paint suddenly spoke up. "Beside me are Xavier, Bobby, Megan, Ted, Hayley."

They just nodded their heads and raised their hands to indicate who they were when Dianna called their name.

"We are going to start you on practice. HyunA and Hyunseung, with me. Xavier will be with Gayoon and Yoseob. Bobby, you will be with Jihyun and Kikwang. Megan with Sohyun and Dongwoon, Ted with Junhyung and Jiyoon and Hayley with Doojoon and Gina."

They sounded so strict, that it scared us. We did not get a chance to speak. With their scary face paint, they made themselves even more scary. To be honest, I am more scared for my girls. They looked really really afraid. I hope the oppas will protect them, especially Dongwoon. Dongwoon should be brave enough to take care of my little Kkwonsso, right? I trust him. I trust my oppas on this, I'm sure they will protect them. If they don't, they are going to get tortured by me!

Soon enough, we were separated together with our partners, and together with the instructor. Junhyung and I only stole glances at each other, both of us did not dare to even make little sounds. Ted looks scary enough anyway. I'm just so afraid that he'll kill us with his probably powerful powers.

I looked at Junhyung. He seemed tensed too. 

"Hey." 

I jumped a little at Junhyung's mere 'Hey'.

"Your name's Ted, right? It seems like you are a very experienced instructor. So... What's your specialty?" Junhyung continued.

I tried to contain my laughter. From my point of view, it seemed like Junhyung was flirting with him!

However, Ted just ignored us and led us to one of the classrooms.

The classroom was pretty huge for only a class of a teacher, and two students.

When Junhyung and I was about to take a seat, Ted slammed the door and I jumped. What the hell?

But when I looked up to Ted, I saw this unexpected bright smile that is on his face. It just scared the two of us with his smile.

Junhyung and I exchanged the 'What the hell' look and raised our eyebrows.

"I haven't gotten a chance to introduce myself. Geez, Dianna was stressing me out instead and enforce to keep a straight face, not to scare you, but to analyze the two of you as individuals and as a pair. Sorry for the wrong impression I gave, I'm actually preeeeeettttyyyyyy nice and friendly." Ted spoke.

There was a moment of silence.

"So, Junhyung and Jiyoon. What are your specialties then?"

"Well, definitely not magic." Junhyung replied. "It's more of a performance thing."

"Singing, dancing, instrument playing? Drama?"

"Well, for me it will be rapping..." Junhyung said.

"Hm, it seems like it. How about you Jiyoon?"

"I... Umm..."

"She? She can sing, rap, dance, act. Everything well." Junhyung helped me to answer.

I blushed. Was he complimenting me? "That's not true!" I shouted, embarassed and hit his shoulder. 

"I am dead serious, Ted."

"Junhyung is also good at dancing too!" I answered.

"Oh gosh, the two of you are just so talented, not in all these things, but in pushing stuff to one another and giving the spotlight. Very special." Ted said, and nearly laughed out loud.

"You know what I think about the two of you? I think you two, have very great potential in succeeding, in whatever you do. Especially you, Jiyoon." He pointed to me, and gave me a very serious eye contact that I looked away immediately. 

"Jiyoon is very hardworking, not to mention, she is also very smart and capable of these kind of things. She will definitely succeed easily." Ted said. 

Ted paced up and down, not worriedly, but seemed to be examining the floor instead. "Do you know why the two of you are paired up together?"

"Obviously not." Junhyung said.

"Niss thought that the two of you are very strong, stronger than the rest. If both are strong, then obviously this pair will be really strong overall. You know, like one plus one becomes two."

Junhyung and I looked at each other. 

"The bond will become stronger as time goes by." Ted smiled.

I was actually surprised that Junhyung and I could actually make a strong pair like what Ted described. I thought we might end up bickering with one another instead of working since the two of us are so stubborn.

After Ted settled us down, we started on the basics of combats, and also learning to control and summon strength and power. 

However, basics were already tough for me. I am starting to wonder if I really have powers. 

Junhyung chuckled at my fail attempt of trying to get some power out from myself.

I was frustrated. Junhyung was able to do it for like the third time, but why can't I?

"Try to concentrate. Focus on what your target is. Clear your mind and summon your energy within yourself." Ted said.

I nodded, closing my eyes and starting to do what he instructed. And there, I managed. A tiny amount of healing power sprouted and healed the flower.

And so much for praising me that I am capable of all this kind of stuff, I am now only embarassed. 

I looked at my feet. I was such a disgrace, I know it. Here, he is a freaking warrior, and I am a freaking so-called mage. And yet he is able to summon that power.

After a few hours later, our class ended. We learnt flying (which was the only area that I have succeeded for today) and attacking. We were both exhausted.

I looked at my schedule. We had dinner later. And then another round of lessons. Gosh... I was tired but I have to admit these lessons were actually interesting.

Our lessons ended at different timings, so I could not meet up with the rest and that made me sad.

Junhyung and I just went back to the bedrooms to wait for the rest if they ever appeared soon. We were supposed to have dinner next, but now we are able to rest.

"Soo... How did you find the lessons?" Junhyung asked.

"Interesting, even though I feel like a failure."

"Yeah I have to admit you really fail at those."

I glared at him.

"But in other areas, like singing, dancing, rapping... Composing songs... Choreography... You are really good, talented in those." He complimented.

I blushed, that was unexpected yet again. "... Thank you..?"

He flashed a really cocky smile. "You're very welcome."

The two of us sat there quietly. I started stretching on my bed, we were still idols anyway, idols that need to keep ourselves fit and good.

After about 5 minutes, the main door opened and revealed Gayoon, Yoseob, Hyuna and Hyunseung.

"Oh wow, we thought we were the earliest instead, but guess you guys beaten us." Yoseob said, heading towards his bed and plopped himself on it. The rest just gathered around Junhyung and I.

I reached out my hands to hold Gayoon's arms. 

"How was the lesson?" She smiled and asked.

"Fine... With the exception of, I feel like a failure."

"Why unnie? Did Junhyung oppa bullied you?" HyunA asked.

"Nah, it's just that I couldn't emit enough power, just a little... I felt so damn weak and useless." 

"It's okay, it's just the first lesson." Gayoon assured.

"How about you Junhyung oppa?" HyunA asked.

"Me? Definitely powerful." He smirked.

"Wow, so confident already?" Yoseob commented

"Hah, nah, I was just joking. How about you two?" Junhyung asked.

"Not too bad ourselves." 

-----

When the others came back, we went for our dinner then prepared ourselves for another round of lessons. Sigh... How long more am I going to endure this? I hope we are able to finish this ... mission we are assigned...

-----

Doojoon's POV

As the oldest in BEAST, I care for my bandmates more. Mostly in this kind of situations, as a leader, I have to do my thing.

I looked over to the rest at dinner. The rest of the members seemed fine, and excited I don't know why and how

However, when I looked at Gayoon and reminded myself that she was paired up with Yoseob, I felt jealous.

I have to admit... I am jealous of Yoseob being paired up with Gayoon.

Gayoon, that beautiful chic, she's just so damn attractive to me, so damn wonderful. Her wonderful and attractive personality and outlook, wow, I am just so damn mesmerized by her.

Seobie is aware that I like her. He definitely knows that. To be honest, I secretly wished that we could swap places...

"What are you, daydreaming?" G.Na intruded my thoughts.

"Mm... Yeah, just tired." I partly lied. Indeed, we were all tired from lessons, and also from the dance practice we had for our United CUBE concert.

"I see." G.Na mumbled some other stuff I couldn't really catch at all. 

G.Na, this woman. She's a really caring and nice woman. I am sure we are able to work hard together after all...

-----

Hyunseung's POV

Boring, boring, boring, boring boring lessons... It seems like only HyunA's sillyness, loudness, craziness and retardedness seemed to interest me instead of my powers existing.

She was now complaining about how difficult these things were, and at times, she could just get a huge shock, which gave quite a funny reaction to me. She's just so cute and silly.

I was just bored. I, too, was like Jiyoon. I could hardly emit any power or strength. Damn, I am so weak. Weaker than HyunA... Both HyunA and I were actually of the same standard in these kind of things. But HyunA seemed like she is a lot more interested than I am in those lessons. 

And I thought of getting revenge... How am I supposed to get revenge on that person who pushed me down the river? How am I supposed to protect myself and the others when I am this bad?!

"Are you alright?" HyunA whispered to me.

I nodded, but I could tell that HyunA thought that I wasn't any better.

-----

Hong's POV

While the kids were having their lessons, I was busy exploring the castle alone. It was pretty scary to think of it at first, but I got used to it after a while.

I had no specific schedules, it only starts after the kids have finished their lessons and had to go outdoors to experiment. 

And yes, I was feeling kinda lonely, especially at this age, I felt so, so lonely. Even in the real world where we are originally from, I am feeling quite lonely as always. Even if all these kids are so lively and protect me, regarding me as their father, I was still feeling lonely. 

The kids, they are actually very busy and hardworking, very persistent and did not even had the slight intention of giving up even if they felt tired, they know that they have the talents. Also, with each others' support, they were able to succeed. 

And so, I went to the castle's library. I was hoping to get a book there to settle myself down to read since I was bored. 

But when I got there, I was still awed at how huge the library was even though we've been on a tour before.

There were elevators going up and down, they had no blockage itself and it was scary for someone who had no powers or flying powers to take the elevator because you might fall anytime.

There were people flying around. Some seemed like because it is in their nature, and some seemed like they had a flying jetpack. I assumed most of them were librarians since some wore same costumes but of a different colour. 

Only a few people that weren't dressed in the same costumes were looking for books everywhere.

"Hi, may I help you?" One of the librarians asked.

"No, it is okay, thanks." I replied immediately.

I didn't bother looking for the fiction or non-fiction corner, but I was more interested in learning about their history. Especially in this world, I think it is best to find out what actually happened.

So I went to look for the directory. Level 8-10 was the history corner... Wow... It is the tallest among this library. 

I gulped, didn't dare to look down once the elevator moved up. It was so high, so scary, and it wasn't covered up at all. I was so afraid that I fell all the way down. I will definitely die.

Once the elevator stopped, I was surprised to find someone I know here.

"Eh? Hong appa! Why are you here?"

-----