Search

Unexpected situation.

 

"Eh? Hong appa! Why are you here?" 
 
Hong was shocked when he saw Jihyun and Kikwang near one of the bookshelves; each holding a book. 
 
"Oh, I was just looking through... Finding some information actually... What are you two doing here? I thought you had lessons."
 
"We do... It's just that Bobby wanted us to find some books about skills... We didn't have much luck actually." Kikwang answered.
 
"Then where's Bobby? And it seems like you two have searched the wrong floor, or section I should say... This is the History corner."
 
"Bobby is back in the classroom... He said we should minimal take 3 skill books. Well, we know it is the History corner... We were hoping that we can find some information about this world... And why were we in it... I mean, we have to know why are we in this first. Like what was our actual purpose of being here. It's probably got to do with some History of this dimension..." Kikwang replied.
 
"You've got a point... How long are you two staying here?"
 
"About an hour... That's what he says..." Jihyun said.
 
"Then we shall get as much books as possible and find out more information on why would this happen to us!"
---------
After lessons... 8:30PM
 
"I'm mentally exhausted..." Junhyung yawned and stretched. 
 
"So fast? Earlier on, we were thinking of going around the castle to look around you know? Maybe find some clues and get more information." 
 
"Seriously? You people still have the strength to go on?"
 
Jiyoon shrugged and hurried on back to their room to meet the rest. 
 
"Hong appa" The two greeted upon seeing him. 
 
Hong just nodded, assuring them to stop the courtesy and urge them to come forward. 
 
"What is it?" Jiyoon asked.
 
"Kikwang, Jihyun and I have found some books. Books about this dimension's past, and knowledge about magic."
 
"What have you found out then? If there's anything that has to do with us..." Junhyung asked and immediately sat down on his bed with him and took a book and thoroughly flipped through the pages. 
 
Jiyoon curiously took one too. 
 
"Nothing much... They used surnames here in their books. In case you haven't notice, everyone that introduced themselves to us hasn't seem to really reveal their surname yet." 
 
"They must be hiding something then... But why? Did they not want us to find out? What do you think? If we can get their surnames..."
 
"If we do, I can search on their ancestors and what they have contributed to this dimension; and also what are their purposes out of it..." 
 
"Seems like we're getting somewhere in finding more information!" 
 
~
 
When everyone returned to the room, they had a change of clothing and went outside to gather. 
 
"Tell me what you did today unnie!" Kkwonsso bugged Jiyoon and wrapped one arm around her. 
 
"Well, we were practicing more skills... That's all... What about you?"
 
"Umm... We just talked actually, eheh." 
 
Jiyoon just smirked and ruffled her hair. It has been quite a while since they catch up because of this that happened. 
 
"Shall we go in one big group or split up?" Doojoon asked.
 
"What is the purpose of coming out here again?" Hyunseung asked.
 
"To discover more..." Doojoon replied.
 
"Then we might as well split..." Sohyun said. "Would be more fruitful that way."
 
"Okay... Into 2 teams... Just group yourselves up..." Doojoon said. 
 
Jihyun, Gayoon, Doojoon, G.Na, Junhyung, Hong, Kikwang in one team. Hyunseung, Jiyoon, Sohyun, HyunA, Dongwoon, Yoseob was in the other.
 
"Remember, just stay in the castle. Don't go anywhere else!" 
 
"Our team wants to take the right door, please!!!!!" HyunA pleaded to the other team.
 
"What's in the right door that HyunA so desperately wants?" Jihyun whispered to G.Na. 
 
"... I don't know at all. All I know if it's something good happening, we shouldn't let our opportunity slip since she's pleading us so bad... There must be something in the right door..." G.Na said to the team.
 
"Scissors papers stone, the looser shall get the left door!" Kikwang said.
 
"HyunA you go since you want it!" Sohyun pushed. 
 
"Okay okay!" 
 
"Gayoon, do it! You're the best in scissors papers stone!" 
 
"... Oh man..." 
 
In the end, HyunA loss and their team had to take the left door. 
 
It was because the right door had a lot more entertainment instead. Performing halls, games room, entertainment rooms and even kitchens. They would rather have those than the boring laboratory, classrooms, and library. 
 
"Cheer up, HyunA. Look on the bright side. Since the motive of this trip is to find out more information, I think we gained an advantage." Hyunseung said, placing a hand on her shoulder.
 
"... You're right..." She said and smiled. "Now let's go discover more than the other team!" 
 
"Shall we just head to the library?" Dongwoon asked.
 
"I'll go to the classrooms first..." Jiyoon said.
 
"Why? There's nothing in the classroom." Sohyun said.
 
"I just wanna find something... I'll meet you guys in the library. Later!" And she ran to her own classroom. 
 
"... Well let's just make our way to the library... Hope she knows what she's doing." 
 
 
'I hope the classrooms are not locked...' Jiyoon thought while she was running to her classroom. 
 
'There!' She pulled the handle and pushed the door, but the door wouldn't open for her. 'Damn...'
 
She looked around, hoping to be able to find a pin. But there was nothing.
 
'Looks like I'll have to use my own bobby pin...' 
 
She bent open the bobby pin and tried her way to unlock the door. And finally, the door unlocked. 
 
'Phew... Now... I remembered Ted left some books here... And I remembered that there was some books hidden in the top shelves...' 
 
She closed and locked the door and began her search. Never did she know that someone else is watching her from afar... 
------------
In the library... 
 
"It's so huge! How are we going to complete finding our search?!" HyunA exclaimed.
 
"Isn't that better? We get to discover more..." Yoseob said.
 
"Yeah... I guess..." 
 
"Since the first to fourth floor is all the fiction and non-fiction books, we shall skip them... Let's go to the history section to find out more! Then after that if we have leftover time, we can go to the fifth floor to go look for skills and to find out more about our powers!" Sohyun suggested.
 
"I think that's fine with everyone." Hyunseung smiled and ushered everyone in the elevator. 
 
"Wow this is cool." HyunA gasped. "But I think they should make a blockade around the elevator. Not everyone can fly here if they ever fall."
 
There were a total of 20 floors, Sohyun counted. But the elevator only made it up to the 15th floor. Which was weird. Sohyun figured that the last 5th floor may be books that are useless, abandoned or forbidden. 
 
"Just take every book that you may find of use!" Hyunseung said and the rest nodded and split up to different bookshelves. 
 
After 20 minutes of book-finding, they headed to the next level to find more. They were already piled up with lots of books. 
 
Jiyoon was still not back, HyunA and Sohyun began to worry. 
 
Once they gathered all the books, they borrowed a large table and it magically appeared with chairs at a corner. 
 
"That's surprising..." Yoseob commented.
 
"Everything's surprising us, I guess we get to get use to surprises from now on..." Hyunseung said. 
 
"Come on, let's roughly flip through the pages and see if we really need those information!" Hyunseung urged. 
 
"I'm really worried for Jiyoon though, it's been long, don't you think?" Sohyun said while flipping the pages. 
 
"That's true..." Dongwoon replied.
 
--------
Meanwhile... The other team...
 
"I think it would be better to go to the left door..." Hong said. 
 
"We still might have a chance to go find out more though..." Doojoon said and pushed open the entertainment rooms and peeked inside.
 
A fairy, swopped past him and took out a bright purple ball and at her opponent. 
 
"What the---" Doojoon's eyes widened while the rest were curious. 
 
The opponent, who was also a fairy, held up a shield and was just in time before the bright purple ball hit her.
 
"What's going on in there?" Jihyun asked.
 
"There seemed like... A battle... People are watching and cheering... There are two fairies that are battling against each other." 
 
"COOL. Let me see!" Kikwang said and stuck his head at the bottom of Doojoon's.
 
"You know, if you would like to watch, why don't you sit down and watch instead of hogging the door?" One of the guards said.
 
"Oh, we are really sorry." And then they hurriedly searched for seats and settle down while watching the performance.
 
"Cool... Those wings and everything..." G.Na commented.
 
"You are awed?" The woman that sat beside us asked.
 
"Yes... We definitely are..." G.Na replied.
 
"It seems like you people are new here.. Which kingdom are you from?" The woman smiled warmly.
 
"Umm... No... But Earth..." Doojoon said.
 
"Earth?" She thought for a while. "Oh! You are the ones that Queen Niss summoned!" She stood up and bowed. 
 
They stood up and bowed too.
 
"It's a pleasure meeting you people here! We are honored to have you... You must stop Tenmoku before its too late!"
 
"Wait.. We have quite a number of questions to ask... Perhaps you have the answers to our questions..." Doojoon said.
 
"What is it?"
 
"Why... Why are we chosen?"
 
"That... I have no idea... But we respect Queen's Niss' summoning and I believe what she chose would be right..." 
 
"B-but, all the people here are already so powerful, why not face Tenmoku?" G.Na asked.
 
"See those rings on your finger? They are the most powerful rings in the entire dimension... They were created by the ancestors and stored a lot of magic and power over time." 
 
"I don't get it. If it is powerful, why don't the powerful ones that are already powerful wears it and defeat Tenmoku?" Kikwang asked.
 
"People here cannot wear the rings because that will only get rid of our power. You see, when normal human being wears it, the power is overflowing through your body. But when people in this dimension wears it, our power will become neutralize. We will either be up of our power by the ring, or die. It really depends on luck." 
 
"Wow..." Jihyun said, caressing the ring on her finger.
 
"We are glad to be able to do this... But why us though?" Doojoon asked.
 
"That... I am not sure..."
 
"Do you mind telling me... The different species or forms that magical beings have here?" Gayoon asked and everyone looked surprised that she would ask.
 
"The most common ones are fairies and warriors... There are pixies, witches, elves, mermaids, mermans..." 
 
"Fairies here are beautiful!" Jihyun said, looking at the direction of where the two fairies are still battling.
 
The woman just smiled.
------
Jiyoon looked up and squinted her eyes to see if there were books up there. 
 
'Now... How do I get up there...?'
 
She looked around. No ladders, ropes, anything but books, tables and chairs.
 
'Maybe if I stack the chairs up I'll be able to go up there!'
 
So she did, after stacking up the chairs and climbing countless of times (and kept falling), she gave up.
 
She groaned. 
 
"What on this magical dimension are you doing?" Junhyung asked, shocked that there are so many chairs being stacked up.
 
"Look up there. There are books over there! I was trying to get some, it will probably be useful for what we are searching."
 
"The other group is worried for you."
 
"Oh yeah, what are you doing here then?"
 
"Searching for you, like duh. And you do know that you can actually fly, right?" 
 
"I'm... Scared to actually... I mean, I'm still new to it, you know... Even though I mastered it during lessons..."
 
He rolled his eyes. "Just do it, come on. You have wasted your time stacking chairs."
 
I nervously looked at him. He gave me a thumbs-up.
 
"I will catch you if you fall, so don't worry. Close your eyes, concentrate." Junhyung said, putting a hand on Jiyoon's shoulder.
 
She nodded and closed her eyes, and slowly she was floating up just like in training. 
 
She opened her eyes and got too elated and still scared, and then she lost concentration and fall.
 
Junhyung made it in time to use his body as cushion and she came crashing down onto him. 
 
"Ouch... I'm sorry..." Jiyoon apologized and rubbed her . "You okay?" She nervously reached up to Junhyung.
 
"Oh man.. That was.. Tough, but yeah I am fine. Don't loose your concentration you bimbo! Try again!" 
 
"Okay okay!" Jiyoon said and backed away and tried again.
 
In the end, she slowly made it up. However, was taken aback when some tiny creature flew past her. 
 
"What are you doing invading here?!" The little creature had this tiny, squeaky voice. 
 
Jiyoon gasped but manage to stabilize herself. "What are you?" She raised an eyebrow.
 
"Jiyoon? You okay up there?" Junhyung called from above.
 
"Yeah!" She shouted.
 
"That doesn't matter! I asked you a question first!" The little creature fumed.
 
"I-I... Came looking for information... This is actually my classroom... And I happen to see these books there..."
 
"Your classroom? Hmmm... No one else is supposed to be studying here... Unless you are one of the human beings from Earth that is going to face Tenmoku!" She paused and gave Jiyoon a look. "Are you?"
 
"Yes, I am, my name is Jeon Jiyoon..." Jiyoon gave a tiny smile.
 
"Oho my name is Laurelai." The little creature smiled back at her too. "Is there something wrong? What kind of information are you looking for? These are actually really old book spells and would not help you... But destroy you... That's why we kept it away." 
 
"No... Nothing is wrong. It's just that my friends and I are troubled about what happened to us, like why are we here."
 
"I thought Queen Niss has gone through all of those to you..." 
 
"I mean, why us? And not other people..." 
 
Laurelai frowned. "I'm sorry, Jiyoon, but I don't know that reason... I think that will be Niss' choice of picking! But we believe in you humans that you can kick Tenmoku's !" 
 
"Found anything yet?" Junhyung shouted from below. "If there's a lot of books to carry, throw some down, I'll catch them!"
 
"Nothing yet!" Jiyoon shouted back. "Sorry, it's just... He's waiting."
 
"I'm afraid I can't help much with the information you need... But please help us... The people here needs you... We are suffering day by day because of Tenmoku... Soon, there will be no good in this dimension..." Laurelai pleaded.
 
"We will help you and protect you, if that's what you need." Jiyoon smiled and pat her tiny head.
 
"Thank you... This dimension is counting on you guys..." 
 
"I'm going down now... I suppose you live here?"
 
"Yes, this is where I will be, guarding these forbidden books." 
 
"Okay.. Good night!"
 
"Wait! I heard your conversation just now and it seems you lack of confidence..." 
 
"Well... Yeah, I'm not full of myself..."
 
"You can do it, Jiyoon, you can. I believe that you can." Laurelai flew over and hugged her.
 
Jiyoon hugged back. "Thank you Laurelai, see you soon!" She waved and looked down at where Junhyung was pacing.
 
'I can do it... I can do it...' 
------
After the search... 
 
Everyone except Jiyoon and Junhyung came back to the room and gathered.
 
"I hope they are fine..." Gayoon said.
 
"I'm sure they are, it's just that, Jiyoon took longer. When they come back, we shall discuss it. Right now, we should wash up." Doojoon said.
 
------
Meanwhile...
 
"Wow, I thought you would jump and expect me to catch you." Junhyung said.
 
"Well, you thought wrong. I'm a better person now!" 
 
"So what did you find?"
 
"Nothing... Those books.. They are forbidden. They are old, dangerous skill books."
 
Junhyung raised an eyebrow. "And how exactly do you know that?" 
 
"This little creature called Laurelai told me. That's why I was taking quite a long time up there. She's the guard of those books."
 
"Little creature?"
 
"Yeah... I think she was a pixie... But I don't exactly know..."
 
"Let's just hurry back. It's getting late." 
------
 
"Jiyoon! Junhyung! You're back!" Majority of them shouted and went over to them.
 
"Where were you unnie?" Sohyun asked.
 
"The classroom all the time... I'm sorry for making you guys worried but I am fine." 
 
"Now we have to share what we learnt." Hyunseung said. 
 
After sharing and absorbing what they were told, they have decided to go on full power and help the people of this dimension.