Juliette

Just A Glimpse

“Again!” the choreographer barked.

 

This wasn’t going the way they wanted it to. The awards night is 3 days away and they still haven’t perfected their dance. It was harder than they thought. They can do it alone. Practiced and perfected to the last step. But this. Their dance itself. When they do it together. The intimate dance of supposedly two lovers-this was something they couldn’t grab ahold of.

 

It was too much. The intimacy it required was too much for them.

 

 

 

 

The choreography was y. Hot even. It was hard to perfect the chemistry they needed to live up to its dance in 5 days. Everybody understood how they were having difficulties. Aside from the fact that the only time they can practice were during the night when all their schedules, recordings and practices have ended.

 

 

 

But the two of them knew why this wasn’t working.

 

 

Nobody said it out loud, but they both acknowledge its presence.

 

 

 

 

 

A presence so dangerous for them to feel right now.

 

 

 

 

Their history.

 

 

 

 

During their trainee days, he was the talk of the practice rooms: Minho, the charisma boy. Everywhere he went, girls would gape. He was tall and cute. And even at his age and with his ridiculous hairdo, he looked manly, like a guy who would protect you from bullies at school. But what really adds to his power over girls is his mysterious aura. He rarely talks and he looks at you with his serious eyes; that’s what adds to his appeal.

 

The girls talked about him. And the other guys that were in their company. But during that time, she didn’t care much. She was preoccupied from all the practices they had to do and her studies. And him. Yunho. He was everything she ever thought of. Of course, now that Yunho had noticed her, how can she not?

 

 

To Yuri, Minho was merely a dongsaeng. A cute one, but then, others were too. But still, she smiled at him and greeted him when they meet. Rumors had it that Minho was crushing on a noona. She was curious as well, but it did not take her mind off Yunho. When they debuted, she became busy with promotions and shows. She finally moved on from Yunho when she realized she couldn’t possibly compete with BoA. 

 

The rumors started again when they were told to appear on SHINee’s performance of Juliette. There weren’t any notice on who they were partnering with. Just that they would be dancing with them at the ending of the song. Jessica, Tiffany, Yoona and SooYoung was chosen with her. She was baffled. During that time, she wasn’t really close with SHINee. Taeyeon and Hyoyeon, who were close with them weren’t chosen. But still, they practiced the dance with them.

 

She was checking their outfits when she heard one of the stylists talking about the performance. She smiled when she mentioned how pretty the SNSD really were. She wasn’t used to compliments coming from girls. She was about to go when she heard them mention her name.

 

“Minho’s really working hard,” one of the stylists said.

“Of course. I heard he’s going to give Yuri a rose,” the other one answered.

“He’s been concentrating all day on perfecting those moves. I hope he does well,”

“Of course he will. He has to look good,”

 

He was just giving him a rose. Why did he have to look good? She was concentrating hard when she bumped into somebody. Before she could fall, a pair of arms caught her by the hand. When she looked up, Minho’s shocked face greeted her.

 

“Thank you,” she smiled.

“You’re welcome, Yuri-noona,” Minho smiled shyly.

“Yah! I’m not that older than you. Drop the noona,” she chuckled. She noticed he was still holding her hand the same time he did. They separated quickly and awkwardly said goodbye.

 

 

When the performance came, Minho looked the most nervous and serious. His other members were giggling beside him. They told them plans had changed. Instead of Minho giving the rose after the others, he was going to give it first and during a different verse. Aside from Tiffany, the other girls seemed confused with the sudden change, especially minutes before the performance.

 

 

When the performance came, Minho looked too serious. It was as if this was another competition he was participating in. Everyone knew how competitive he was. She didn’t know when he was going to give the rose. They said she would just know. And that all of them have to look elated when they do.

 

Yuri can hear Tiffany giggling in her seat. Minho wasn’t smiling like the others. When his mini-rap came after the chorus, he was making his way towards them. Suddenly, her heart skipped a beat.

He fumbled for the rose at the edge of the table realizing too late that it wasn’t there. When he finally saw the rose, he reached over and handed it to her, giving her the sweetest smile. The smile only Choi Minho can give.

Their hands touched momentarily and it sent electricity coming up to her body. Oh, she looked elated alright.

 

Tiffany was even more elated. She was giggling and whispering to the others. Yuri became restless, his smile and touch still running through her head.

She moved closer, changed seats, eager to see him dance.

 

When the others came to give their roses, she was shocked. Everybody gave it at the same verse. Why had Minho been different? She couldn’t deny the sudden flutter in her heart. When Minho came in front of her, he was looking at anywhere but her.

 

She was disappointed. But she knew the time for the couple dance was near.

 

When they went down to the stage, she was eager to be beside him and she didn’t know why. During their dance, she caught him looking at her several times-or, he caught her looking at him. It was only then that she saw him smile. Her heart was beating rapidly in her chest. She was actually disappointed that the dance had ended quickly.

 

 

She finally found out why everybody had been whispering about her after the performance.

 

 

 

She was rumored to be the noona Minho liked. But for her, it was almost impossible. She didn’t talk to him regularly so how could he develop feelings for her? But deep inside her, her heart fluttered and she knew he had an effect on her.

 

She was trying her hardest to ignore these feelings. But somehow, it always came creeping back up at her in the hallways, in the practice rooms, in waiting rooms: practically anywhere she can imagine him giving her that charming smile.

 

 

When Lee Soo Man announced that a grand ball was to happen soon, she did her all to look for the perfect gown with the thought of impressing Minho. When the night came, she looked splendid that even her sisters noticed her unusual glow.

 

But that night was just not her night. Yunho came to the party with all his attention directed towards Yuri. He finally realized that BoA didn’t want him; she didn’t want anybody. And when Yuri came through the door, he was just rendered speechless. And that was when he decided that he wouldn’t leave tonight without having her confess that she still had feelings for him and that they can be together. And that they will be together.

 

Yuri was standing alone on the balcony that night. Things weren’t really working out well for her. Minho wasn’t talking to her, not even glancing at her. Then she saw how Yunho was looking at her and with her moving on from him, it didn’t do good. Her sisters were having a good time and she wasn’t. She’s mending this small wound in her heart which she got just a few minutes ago. Minho took Krystal’s hand and led her to the dance floor. Rumors about them kept tugging at her heart, splitting open the wound.

 

When the balcony door opened, she figured it was one of her sisters looking for her. She turned around and her heart did a back flip, still bleeding at the sides. There in front of her was Minho, a rose in his hand, smiling shyly at her.

 

“Yuri-“

“Minho-”

 

They both startled at the sound of their own voices. It was weird to hear it from each other’s mouths. Minho took a step closer to her, heart beating fast in his chest. He looked timidly at Yuri, thankful that the dim light in the balcony must be making his blushing face less noticeable.

It’s now or never, he thought.

He handed over the rose to Yuri and held her hands. Yuri was intently looking at him, eyes filled with admiration. “Yuri, I know that you haven’t really noticed me before. I know that we haven’t really talked much. But I would like you to know that, ever since I have laid my eyes on you, my heart knew. I really really like-“

 

“Yuri, you were here all along. I was looking for you honey,”

They both turned to the sound of the voice. Yunho was standing by the door, his eyes on their hands. Minho quickly let go of her hand and mumbled an apology. Yuri tried calling him but no words escaped .

 

Just as Minho looked back to take one last look at her, Yunho swept her in his arms saying, “I missed you.” Minho walked away before his heart breaks into a million more pieces.

 

 

Ever since that night, rumors of Yunho and Yuri’s relationship spread throughout the agency. Yuri, who soon became overwhelmed of Yunho’s attention and gifts began to slowly regain her feelings for him. She began to gradually forget that night at the balcony and how Minho’s hands felt in hers. And although her heart still flutters at every sight of him, she chose to ignore her feelings and tried to concentrate on her relationship with Yunho.

News about Minho and Krystal soon followed. People began to notice how close they really were. And even though Minho tried his best not to fall for the girl, he eventually did. Everybody said they were a cute pair. They began to appear together in a lot of shows, performing together during one of Hello’s promotions. Soon, their relationship was blossoming and everybody’s support was with them. But one thing Minho couldn’t deny was the familiar quickening of his heartbeat whenever he catches even just a glimpse of Yuri.

 


Oh god. This needs major revisions, I know. Haha. Please do tell me what you think about it before I upload the part two. Yes, there is a part 2. :)) I wrote this on my long ride home. Tell me what you think about it loves. :)