Boys

Just A Glimpse

 

“I-I don’t know how it happened.”

“O-Oppa.”

“I-I-”

“Aniyo. Oppa. Snap out of it!”

“Ple-“

“Get back to reality oppa!” tears fell as she hit him in the chest.

“I’m sorry,” he pulled her into a hug but before he could, she pushed him away.

“Don’t touch me!” And she ran, away from him, away from this.

 

 

She didn’t know where to go, who to cry to, who to lean on. Her feet brought her to the one place she didn’t want to be. But her mind was intent on doing on thing.

She opened the door to find two people cuddling on the couch. Their giggles abruptly stopped when they saw her.

“Unnie,” she stood up, approaching her. “What’s wrong? What happened? Why are you crying?”

She ignored her and went straight to him. He stood up and looked at her, understanding etched on his face. He knows. He knows that she knows. And so when her palm hit his face, he did not avoid it. The sound of her slap rang through the room.

“Unnie! What are you doing?!” she immediately went to her boyfriend’s side, touching carefully where her hands hit.

“When are you planning to tell her?!” she shouted at him. She couldn’t take all the hurt, the betrayal.

“Hyo-”

“WHEN?!”

“I- We-“

“Are you planning to lie to her too?!”

“What are you talking about?” she interrupted them.

“Tell her.” Hyoyeon commanded.

“Tell me what?” Yoona asked, looking at the two of them.

He bowed his head, not knowing what to say.

“You won’t? Fine. I will,” Hyoyeon said while tears still streak her face. She pulled Yoona to face her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hae’s having an affair.”

“Unnie. What are you talking about? He wouldn’t-”

“No, Yoona. Let me finish,” she looked at him before cursing out the words. “Hae’s having an affair...”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“...Donghae is having an affair with Hyukjae.”

 

 

 

Their day was going better than expected. They had no schedules and they had their dorm to themselves. He was expecting the day to be the worst for the week. His girlfriend was abroad, his friends actually had schedules. He was the only one who was free that day. He didn’t want to get out of bed but when he heard the door of his room open, he immediately sat up.

“Hyukkie!” he shouted with glee.

“Hae. You’re like a child,” he chuckled. “I thought I was going to be alone,” he said while walking out of his room.

“What are you doing here? I thought you had a schedule,” he stood up and followed him out.

“Got postponed. What are you doing here?”

“I felt so alone back at home. I decided to stay here.”

“Hmmm.”

“What are you doing here?”

“I-I just wanted to unwind.”

“Trouble with Hyo again?”

“Ani. I just wanted to think about a few things.”

“What things?”

“Hae...”

“What? What kinds of things?”

“I don’t want to talk about it.” Hyukjae sat on the couch.

“Can’t you tell me?” Donghae asked, sitting beside him.

“No.”

“Why not?”

“Donghae~”

“Why not Hyukkie?”

“I- Fine. You are not telling this to anybody, alright?”

“Of course.”

“I- I think I’m in love with someone else.”

“Wh- What?!”

“See. This is the reason I didn’t want to tell anybody.”

“Eunhyuk, with who?” Donghae began to be serious.

“I can’t tell you.”

“I won’t get jealous.”

Eunhyuk chuckled. “Really?”

“Ani. Tell me who.”

“I can’t. It’ll ruin everything I’ve worked hard for.”

“Who is it? I told you I won’t get jealous.”

“What made you think I think you’ll get jealous?”

“Cmon Hyukjae. Eunhae. Come on.”

“Seriously Hae, are you serious about that?”

“Nah. But I like it.”

Eunhyuk froze.

“It’s fun having somebody by your side always.”

“Why?”

“You know I can’t do anything without you Hyukkie.”

“What do you mean?”

“I can’t live without you. I need you to be with me. Always.”

“Donghae~”

“EUNHAE’S REAL! NUMBER ONE IN THIS WORLD!” Donghae unexpectedly cheered. He laughed and laughed, hugging Eunhyuk to laugh with him.

Unexpectedly, Eunhyuk turned from his seat and faced him. He held Donghae’s face in both of his hands and kissed him full on the lips. Before the shocked Donghae could even react, Eunhyuk was already out of the door, leaving him stunned.

 

The weeks after that were a blur. Nobody in SM could understand what the latest conflict between EunHae was. Even their other members didn’t know what was going on. They were all surprised when the two weren’t spending time together as often as before. Hyukjae would always be seen, either alone or with Shindong. Donghae, on the other hand, was always with Kyuhyun. On Eunhyuk’s part, he was afraid to admit his feelings. Donghae still didn’t know what to feel.

 

It was therefore another shock to almost everybody when the two suddenly made up just a few days before New Year (A/N: Or is this the Christmas performance? I'm not really that sure anymore. Haha. But this was certainly after weeks of not having EunHae moments and after that time when Eunhyuk said in his mom's cafe that he and Donghae weren't in good terms), even to the point of hugging each other again in public. Everything seemed to go back to normal.

 

But nothing ever was.

 

 

Little did anybody know that the two were secretly going out. Not as friends anymore. Secretly holding each other’s hands and giving each other hugs and kisses. Secretly texting each other sweet nothings.

Donghae, who didn’t know what happened at first, began to slowly realize the extent to which his love for Eunhyuk goes. He began to slowly understand why he felt that way for him. It was the first time he realized that it was love, not the brotherly and friendly love he once thought he felt. No. He began to realize that it was different. From then on, every touch seemed to be meaningful. Every look seemed to contain a lot of things.

Eunhyuk didn’t know what to do after that kiss. He was too ashamed of himself but was extremely relieved. He didn’t know how he felt at first. He only knew that something inside him changes when it comes to Donghae. He couldn’t resist him, couldn’t get him off his mind. Even though he’s with Hyoyeon, he gets jealous every time he sees Donghae with Yoona. He didn’t know why. But that kiss made him realize a lot of things. He’s in love with Donghae. More than he was in love with Hyoyeon. More than he ever expected. The feelings were too intense for him to handle. And the fact that Donghae was distancing himself and disobeying him made it even worse. Taking over Leeteuk’s job was already tedious and he had to undergo severe emotional pain from thinking that his unrequited love made him lose his friendship with his best friend and the man he loves the most.

 

It was Donghae’s choice to admit his feelings towards Eunhyuk. The other was too surprised to understand that both of them felt the same way for each other. But both were too happy to finally let their feelings and emotions free.

 

Eunhyuk wanted to break up with Hyoyeon, out of love and respect for her. But Donghae didn’t want to let go of Yoona. What he told Eunhyuk was that he didn’t want her to lose her focus during this point of her career. But the truth was, he was still in love with her. Which made things harder than it is. Every time he spends time with Eunhyuk, he feels guilty. Every time he spends time with Yoona, he feels guilty as well.

 

 

 

 

Everything became clear the day Hyoyeon and Yoona found out about them. What made Donghae realize who he loved was when he decided which relationship he wanted to defend. Which relationship he wanted to keep forever.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Because finally, he realized that this was the person he truly loves.

 

 

 

 

 

That night, he chose to be with~

 

 

POLL! With who?

Answer seriously. Hihi. I'll update next week I guess. To give ample amount of time to those who wanted to answer. :)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I wanted to add another choice where Donghae ends up with neither of the two. But with you. Or me. Or whoever reads this. But then, It wouldn't be that interesting already. I mean, it wouldn't be aligned with the fic's description. So yea. Hihi. Vote wisely. I think I can support whichever situation with enough "evidence".

 

OOPSIE. Got the poll wrong. That's supposed to be Eunhyuk instead of Donghae. Sorry guys.