Boys pt. II

Just A Glimpse

 

“Would you like to say something to your ex?”

 

And she really did. The editors of Strong Heart didn’t include it but her members told him what she said.

 

“Leave me alone.”

 

He felt devastated. She didn’t mean it. She couldn’t.

s kept on telling him to snap out of it. But they didn’t know what was going on.

 

The night that Hyoyeon confronted him, he let Yoona escape. He let her go.

 

 

The depression he felt was just too much for him to bear. He couldn’t will himself to move. He wanted to die. His heart broke to pieces when before she slammed the door, she called out “I. Hate. You.”

 

 

The next days for him were a blur. He didn’t talk to anybody. s began to realize that something was extremely wrong. He was cheerful and bubbly when in public. But when they were at the agency, his silence was deafening. Then the news of their break up spread. Hyo and Hyuk’s break up didn’t get much fame since only a few knew about it. Everyone thought they were just fooling around and finally moved on when Hyo was rumored to be liking an EXO member. But Donghae and Yoona’s were more serious.

 

 

Everybody in the idol world knew about the two because of the number of men Yoona turned down for him. And so when they broke up, all hell went loose. Everybody was throwing theories. Everybody was talking. The members tried their best to protect both parties. The agency did their best to cover things up. Shipping SNSD to Japan and keeping SJM busy in China was the best thing they could do.

 

 

Yoona was devastated. She clung on to her members for support. Jessica, knowing how hard it must have been for her, had been the most protective. Donghae began to bombard Yoona with calls and texts. Often times, the members would witness him frantically begging them to let him see her. Jessica was the closest to Donghae after Yoona. She was the one who pushed him to win her over. And now, she was the one to close the door on him, telling him to give her time. She protected her from him, taking her calls. Going with her. Spending time with her. Supporting her all the way. She wanted to keep Yoona in her arms and protect her from all the hurt.

 

 

Donghae, on the other hand was being pushed to his limits. He couldn’t stand knowing that Yoona hates him. He ended things with Eunhyuk. After a long talk at a coffee shop, things began to get better with them. He told Eunhyuk all about his feelings for him. How he thinks that whatever he was feeling was not what they thought it was. That whatever it is, his love for Yoona was deeper. And that though he couldn’t bear the thought of Eunhyuk getting mad at him, he couldn’t live knowing that Yoona hates him and doesn’t want to be with him.

 

Eunhyuk had been understanding. Slowly, their relationship went back to normal. With all the practices and time they spent together, they slowly went back to being the best of friends, finally accepting the fact that they weren’t meant to be more than that. Siwon and Henry were there to keep him sane.

 

 

 

“Oppa. Please. Give her time. Leave her alone for now.”

He heard Jessica tell him for the nth time. This became a daily mantra for him: calling Jessica every night to check up on Yoona. It was always the same conversation. He’d ask about her schedules. Who she’ll be with. Had she eaten? Is she okay? Does she get enough sleep? And then he’ll ask to speak with her. And Jessica would always give her the same answer. Give her time.

 

 

But how can he?

 

 

When he couldn’t live without her?

 

 

He was miserable and everybody knew it. s told him he was talking nonsense these days. That nothing sensible nor intelligent can be heard from him. He received a lot of “talks”. Leeteuk actually called and told him to hang in there. The worst “talk” was from Heechul. He yelled at her. For hurting his Yoona. For pestering Jessica. For not being successful at winning Yoona back.

 

 

Every call was the same. Yells. Words of pity. Of encouragement. Of support. He was growing tired of it. He put on his happy face just to make the people stop telling him to just move on. The calls started to lessen. The sympathizing looks started to slowly disappear. Everybody thought they were both moving on. Everyone grew tired of talking about them. They moved on.

 

 

 

But he hadn’t. He continued calling and texting her. He tried talking to her multiple times.  When he found out that she didn’t come to SS5, he was even more devastated. He was waiting for her members to tell him that she came but nobody seemed to have seen her.

 

 

 

 

He slowly began to realize that he had to stop this madness sooner or later.

 

 

So before they went back to Japan, he gave her a call. He begged Jessica to give Yoona the phone. She doesn’t have to say anything. She only needs to listen.

 

I love you and I always will. And if you tell me to stop, I will. Just show me that you don’t love me anymore. Any kind of hint will do. I love you. And I know that I did wrong. I’m the stupidest guy in the world. And I don’t blame you for hating me. I hate myself. For what I’ve done. For having caused this much pain to you. To both of us. But please. Know that I love you. That I need you. I can’t live without you. Please. Tell me that you still  love me. Please.

 

It was quiet at the other end of the line. He began to sob uncontrollably and began calling her name. Begging her. When he heard Jessica’s voice on the other end, he didn’t know he could still feel more pain than what he was currently feeling. She doesn’t care anymore. He began to lose hope. But he didn’t stop calling her. He didn’t stop asking about her.

 

He kept on calling Jessica. She eventually gave up refusing him and let him talk to her. Although silence from the other line was the only thing he heard, he didn’t stop talking to her. Every night would be the same. He would call and speak to her, not knowing if she was there in the other end or if she was listening. And yet, he talked. He hoped that beyond the silence, the girl he loves and loves him back was still there.

 

When her photo with her wearing their bracelet went out, his heart leaped from his chest. Was this it? What was she telling him?

 

For days, he could not help but think of anything else. He was spacing out during their events and s had to keep him from making a fool of himself or going to Japan.

 

 

 

Her call startled him. He couldn’t talk for a while.

 

 

 

Apparently, she was coming back home. And she’s ready to talk. She even joked about his hair color.

 

 

 

 

 

And for a moment, he thought he finally won her back.

 

 

 

 

He kept on hoping that he did. 


I'm terribly sorry for the extremely late update. I've been out of civilization for a while. Resting. Had to. Anyways, since Yoona won in th poll but there weren't any new YoonHae moments, this was all I could muster. I'm sorry. This has got to be one of my most disappointing works. I'll try to do better next time. *sniff* Sorry.