Easy Tiger

Just A Glimpse

 

“You are so in trouble,” Eunhyuk told him as they were going back to the dressing room.

“I’m not,” he laughs. But deep inside, he knows he is.

“Yea you are. Once she sees that, you’re going to make her even more angry. And then, at the end, you’ll be the one crying.”

“I don’t cry,“ he hits his best friend by the shoulder.

“You are so aggressive when you’re with me, but when you’re with her, you’re a scaredy cat.”

“As if you aren’t when you’re with Hyo!”

“Yah! Hyoyeon is scary. You have to admit to that. And plus, that’s the reason I DON’T get her angry.”

“I don’t always get Yoona angry.”

“Yea. But when you do, you get her really really really angry.”

 

 

 

Their fight happened a few days ago. He was idly lounging in SM Town, when SNSD’s Music Bank IGAB performance video was released. He wanted to commend Yoona’s outfit for the perf. It was his first time seeing her wear shorts during an IGAB perf. He hadn’t seen all the IGAB performances but he knows she was almost always wearing leggings or jogging pants or whatever you call those.

 

He called her up immediately after watching it. He managed to get the compliment across before she threw the question which started it all.

“What did you think about the writings in my leg?”

“Writings?”

“Yea. I know you can’t read them but I made them place a Y <3 D somewhere there. “

“I didn’t notice.”

“Oh that’s too bad. What did you think of it anyway? Do you think I can manage to wear shorts for IGAB from now on?”

“Well, I guess? But then, does that mean you have to write on your leg from now on?”

“It comes off easily, silly.”

“Nah. I mean, the writings on the leg doesn’t really suit you.”

“What do you mean?”

“It’s more of a Tiffany style than Yoona. Or Sunny. But not really Yoona.”

“They put them on because they were always in shorts.”

“Why are they always in shorts anyways?”

“I think it’s because of their heights.”

“Yuri’s always in shorts. She doesn’t have those writings and she’s not short.”

“She doesn’t like the writings and it’s because Taeyeon-unnie doesn’t want to wear shorts.”

“Really? It thought they were in shorts because they have the beautiful legs in SNSD.” He reprimanded himself for saying that. He knows he shouldn’t have said it.

“Well...”

“Kidding. All of SNSD have great legs.”

“Why aren’t the shorts Yoona style again?”

“It’s not the shorts. It’s the writings. They look dirty.”

“Dirty, naughty?”

“Nah. More like, dirty...messy. or yuck.”

“They don’t look disgusting on Sunny-unnie. Or Tiffany-unnie.”

“Yea. They look good on them, actually.”

“So you’re telling me that I look disgusting on them?”

I panicked,” no no. It- N- I mean- You don’t look disgusting. It just doesn’t look good on you.”

She became silent for a while that he thought she’d hang up. Thankfully, she didn’t. The topic wasn’t brought up again until later that day.

 

They met again that night, when Donghae picked her up from practice.

“What are you wearing?” Donghae asked as he saw her. Yoona was wearing an oversized shirt over jogging pants.

“Coffee got spilled on my dress. This was the only one available and I didn’t want to wear shorts because the writings were still in my legs. Why, do I look disgusting in these too?” she said, emphasizing the writings and disgusting.

I hugged her, “You know that wasn’t what I meant, right?”

“What did you mean then?”

“I-“

“Never mind. Where are we going tonight?”

“Sorry baby,” I kissed her forehead. “Where do you want to go?”

“Hmmm. I’m actually kind of tired. How’s your eye?”

“I think its better. Want to go home?”

“Nah. I want to spend more time with you. You’ve been busy lately.”

“And so are you. Come on. Let’s just stay at your dorm.”

“I think Tiffany-unnie and Hyoyeon-unnie will be staying there tonight.”

“Why?”

“Fany-unnie wanted to practice the dance some more and Hyoyeon-unnie is helping her.”

“Oh. How about you? You’re not practicing?”

“We just did. Those are just extra practices.”

“Oh I see. Want to join them?”

“Why? Do you think I need more practice?” she said pointedly.

“NO! You’re great. I- I just thought that maybe you know,” He was stuttering, looking for words to save him from her wrath.

“You’ve been insulting me since this morning.”

“Omo! I wasn’t insulting you, babe!” he panicked. “It’s just that my brain’s not working since it’s so tired these days. I’ve been tactless.”

Yoona only looked at him pointedly.

“I’m sorry Yoong,” he said, hugging her.

“Tss. Come on. Before I hit you.”

“Oh have mercy on me Him Yoona!” he said dramatically. They both laugh as they walk back to Hae’s car.

 

Apparently, Tiffany and Hyoyeon chose to stay at SM to practice so they had the dorm to themselves. One by one, SNSD began to buy their own houses near Seoul so that they can stay with their family. They only go their dorm to bond.

Donghae was watching one of SNSD’s performance when Yoona went out from her room.

“Whatcha doing?” she asked.

“Just watching you perform.” He said snaking an arm on her waist. “Why don’t you bang your head like the others?” he asked as they got to the second chorus.

“My head hurts when I bang too much.”

“Oh. They always focus the camera on you, though.”

“It’s because Sooyoung unnie’s line is next and I was in front of her.”

“Oh.”

“Is it that noticeable?”

“Kind of.”

“Oh. I’ll try to do it properly next time.”

“I- I wasn’t implying anything.” He stuttered.

“I know. It’s a professional advice, right oppa?”

He merely smiled, thankful that she didn’t push the topic further.

 

When he said goodbye that night, he lifted her in his arms.

“Oppa!” she exclaimed.

“You’re getting heavier.”

“I am? I thought I was getting skinnier.”

“Nah. This seems bigger.” He said, holding one of her thighs.

“Oppa!” she said surprised.

“I-“ he chuckled.

“First you tell me our IGAB trademark outfit makes me look disgusting...”

“I didn-“ he was surprised at Yoona's sudden outburst. This wasn't going the way he wanted.

“...then you tell me I look hideous in the shirt Leeteuk oppa left me...”

“Hyung lef-“

“...then you imply that I need practice in our IGAB choreo...”

“I wasn-“

“...then you tell me I’m a lazy dancer....”

“Laz-“

“...and now you’re telling me I got fatter!”

“I did-“

“Lee Donghae! Do you want to die?!” she said, punching him in the arm.

“Ow! Easy tiger.” He said as he hugged her. “I’m sorry. I really didn’t mean to say those things!” catching her arms so that she wouldn’t punch her again. Her punches really hurt.

“Hmph.”

“I’m sorry I’m sorry I’m sorry I’m sorry I’m sorry I’m sorry I’m sorry I’m sorry I’m sorry I’m sorry”

Yoona was silent in his arms. From behind, they heard her sister call for her.

“I love you baby. Please don’t get mad at me.” He said, burying his face in her hair.

“Hmph. I should really be angry at you. Anybody would be,” she said, looking at him pointedly.

“I’m really really sorry baby.”

“Fine. I should go inside.” She said leaning away from me.

“Where’s my kiss?” he said, pouting.

“I don’t think you deserve one.”

“Yoooong~”

“Hmph. Fine.” She said as she kissed him in the cheeks.

“Yoooooooong~” he said, pointing to his lips.

“Aniyo,” she said turning her head away from him.

“Baaaaaabe~”

“Aish,” she chuckled at his appearance. “You look like a puppy,” she giggled while touching his nose.

“Arf!” he said excitedly.

She chuckled before leaning up to give him a kiss.

 

Later that night, he texted her goodnight, “Goodnight my tiger.”

“Tiger?”

“’Cause my baby’s strength is like that of a tiger. Keke ^^”

“Yah!”

“Keke. My girlfriend is a tiger. I’ll tell Seung Gi-shi that if he has a gumiho for a girlfriend, I have a tiger. Kekeke”

“Lee Donghae! Wait till I see you! >.<”

“Keke. Love you tiger!”

 

They didn’t see each other the next day. SuJu M was busy with their performances and so was SNSD. Eunhyuk and Donghae was at their waiting room when Henry told them about the next outfit theme.

“We’re supposed to wear jerseys or something,” Henry said.

“Like SNSD’s concept?” Zhou Mi asked.

“Sort of. It’s supposed to be the latest trend.”

When Donghae and Eunhyuk were picking their outfits, they came across a jersey jacket, much like the one Yoona was wearing in the IGAB music video.

“You’re creating issues again,” Eunhyuk told him.

“I’m not. I just want to prepare the people for the day we expose our relationship in public. These are called hints.”

“No. It’s called a scandal.”

Donghae merely shrugged as he put the jersey jacket on. Looking at the mirror, another jacket caught his eye. It was pretty much the same as the one he was trying on; only, it had a picture of a tiger against a pink background at the back.

“Seriously, Hae.”

“I think I’ll take this,” he said grinning.

“You know she’ll see the performance, right?”

“What? It’s just a joke,” he said, holding up the jacket, “This is going to be fun.”

 

When they performed the next day, he purposely turned his back to the camera at the last part. He even pointed to the tiger behind him. Eunhyuk was looking at him from the side, shaking his head. He snickered and winked at him.

 

 

 

 

 

...“I don’t always get Yoona angry.”

“Yea. But when you do, you get her really really really angry.”

 

 “No I don-“ his words were cut by a shout from a distance. “Yah! Lee Donghae!”

 

He cringed when he saw Yoona standing by the door of their waiting room, fuming with anger. Okay, he really is in trouble.

 

 


 

tumblr_mhnbo2RQGb1qaep3qo1_500.jpg  130201.KBS_.%EB%AE%A4%EC%A7%81%EB%B1%85%  <- where Yoona wore shorts.

  <- the jacket

  

The SJM Break Down perf, click here

 

Same costume style? Omo. YoonHae.