Weddings and Dresses [PART 2]

KYUYOUNG ONE/TWO SHOTS

 

PART 2

She stared at them, and was unable to move. She was feeling the same thing she felt in her dream, and when Kyuhyun was being taken away by a girl. Then it hit her.

 

‘You’re jealous dear…’ a voice in the back of her mind said.

 

She blinks, ‘What!? Me? Jealous?? No way!’ she protested.

 

‘Oh yeah? Care to tell me why your heart is hurting? And why that look on your face that tell I-want-to-kill-that-girl-right-now?’

 

She shooks her head, ‘Whatever.’

 

She then was tapped by someone, the stylist, saying that she’ll have her shoot now.

 

“Oh, okay.” She said, going to the center. She was glad to be able to escape her thoughts for a little while.

 

After her shoot, she caught herself staring again at her best friend and the girl she met earlier. They really look good together; the only thing lacking was Seohyun wearing a wedding dress.

 

She suddenly remembers her dream. ‘Is she the girl from my dream?’ she thought sadly.

 

She was surprised when someone taps at her shoulder, it was Sunny.

 

“Sooyounggie, I’m sorry.” She said.

 

“Huh? Uh, no… It’s okay Sunny.” She said, forcing a smile. She ignores the protests in her heart to strangle the girl.

 

“Soo, are you okay?” Sunny looks at her with a concerned look, it was obvious that Sooyoung was acting different.

 

“Uhm, yeah, I’m okay.” She said. She looks at Sunny and hesitates. But she decides to just ask. “Who’s that girl by the way?”

 

Sunny looks at where Sooyoung was pointing. “Oh, Seohyun. Well, she was…” she trailed off, hesitating to continue. ‘Should I tell her?’ she thought.

 

Sooyoung waited for Sunny to continue. “Sunny?”

 

“Uhm.. Seohyun is… is Kyuhyun’s ex-girlfriend.” Sunny continued she looks at Sooyoung. And she sees a pained expression on her friends face.

 

“Soo?” she asks, concerned.

 

Sooyoung didn’t answer. Questions were just pouring in her mind. ‘Ex-girlfriend? Why didn’t Kyu tell her this? When did it happen? Why’d they broke up? What’s she doing here? And why are they talking?...’ endless questions keep popping in her mind, she couldn’t think right. And the plan on strangling the girl is still dangling in her mind.

 

Most of all, she felt really hurt. It was the first time she felt like this, in her past relationships, nothing made her feel like that, she was hurt, yes, but nothing really that deep, until now.

 

“Choi Sooyoung!” Sunny shouts.

 

Sooyoung blinks, she came back to her senses. “Oh, uhm, sorry. What?”

 

“Soo, you’re… crying…” she holds Sooyoung, supporting her.

 

“No! I can’t c-cry! My m-make up… it’ll get, r-ruined…” she said, tears falling down on her cheeks. ‘Why am I crying?’

 

“Sooyoung… shh, calm down… don’t cry here… come on…” Sunny helps her walk and they exit through the nearest door.

 

&&

 

“So, when did you come back?” Kyuhyun asks.

 

“A month ago.” Seohyun said, looking down, she was happy for seeing Kyuhyun again, but she also feels a bit awkward talking to him again.

 

“Oh, are going to stay here for good?” he asks. He too was a little awkward with the situation.

 

“Yes. Well, I’m going to get married soon.” She said, blushing.

 

“Really? That’s good.” He said, somewhat relieved by what she said.

 

“Yes.” She smiles at him.

 

He smiled back, Seohyun was still the girl he met and loved years ago. He was glad that she finally found the lucky man.

 

“What about you? Are you getting married?” Seohyun looks at Kyuhyun.

 

Kyuhyun was about to answer when he hears someone coming in, he turns and see his best friend.

 

The world suddenly stops. The only thing he sees is Sooyoung, wearing a very beautiful dress that compliments her body well. He suddenly wishes that he was going to marry her right now. But that was impossible; she doesn’t even know my true feelings.

 

Seohyun knows that look; it was the same look Kyuhyun gave her when they were dating. She smiles.

 

“Is she your bride?” Seohyun asks him.

 

Kyuhyun suddenly looks at her, and blushed. “Uhh, no, she’s not.” He looks down, but he keeps glancing in Sooyoung’s direction.

 

“No? who’s the special girl then?” Seohyun asks, confused.

 

“No, I mean, I’m nnot getting married yet.” He said.

 

“Oh.” She said, looking at Sooyoung.

 

“So, you like her then? Does she know?” Seohyun curiously asks.

 

Kyuhyun looks at her, slightly irritated. Why was he being interrogated?

 

“I saw her earlier, she really look so beautiful in that wedding dress. You agree, right?” Seohyun giggles at Kyuhyun’s irritated expression.

 

“Yah--!” Kyuhyun started, but he stops when he hears someone shouts.

 

“No! I can’t cry! The m-make up… it’ll get, r-ruined…” he hears Sooyoung shouting.

 

“Sooyoung… shh, calm down… don’t cry here… come on…” Sunny helps her walk and they exit through the nearest door.

 

He suddenly panics. He stood up and follows the two ladies who exited, leaving the people in the room confused, except Seohyun.

 

Seohyun smiled, he never saw Kyuhyun like that, not even when they were dating. She was glad Kyuhyun finally found the girl he really loves.

 

“I wish you two the very best.” She said, stood up and exits the room.

 

&&

 

Sooyoung can’t stop crying, Sunny hugs her tightly. It’s a good thing that they were in the comfort room, no one would hear them.

 

Sunny and Sungmin’s hunch was right, Sooyoung indeed likes Kyuhyun. But they weren’t sure before, because even Sooyoung doesn’t know.

 

“Shh, It’s okay Soo.” She said, patting Sooyoung’s back.

 

“W-why? I really d-don’t know w-why I’m c-crying.” she said between sobs.

 

“Soo, you still don’t know?” Sunny looks at her.

 

Sooyoung looks at her friend, she thinks, “Maybe… M-maybe because Kyu didn’t tell me he already had a girlfriend?” she wasn’t sure if that was the real reason.

 

Sunny frowns at her, Sooyoung’s really dense when it comes to things like these. “No, Soo. You’re jealous.”

 

Sooyoung looks at Sunny with a surprised expression. “J-jealous?” she asked.

 

‘I told you so…’ the voice in her mind said.

 

“B-but, no. I don’t even like--” she stops, when she realizes the truth. She can’t finish her statement; it would mean that she was lying. In her heart, it says, that she loves Kyuhyun, her best friend.

 

Sunny smiles at Sooyoung, “At last Soo, you finally realized.”

 

“Eh? What do you mean by finally? Did you know that I like him while I don’t even know it?” she looks at his friend suspiciously.

 

“Yes, it’s not my fault that you’re so dense.” Sunny laughs.

 

“Yah!” Sooyoung shouts at her, but she was glad that Sunny was there for her. She laughs with her.

 

“Oh no, my stylist would kill me, I’ve ruined my make-up and the dress,” she looks at Sunny and sees how horrible her dress became, “and yours too! I’m so sorry Sunny.” She apologized.

 

Sunny laughs at her friends remarks, “It’s okay, we’re about to fit the second batch of dresses anyway.”

 

“What? There’s a second batch of dresses??” Sooyoung looks at Sunny, jaw dropped.

 

“Yes, and let’s go. Before the stylists hunts us down and drags us to the fitting room again.” Sunny said, standing and started helping Sooyoung up.

 

Sooyoung gets up and wipes her face with the lace on her dress. She giggles, “You’re right.”

 

They were about to get out when someone blocks them at the door.

 

They saw Kyuhyun looking at them with a worried expression.

 

“Soo, what’s wrong?”

 

&&

 

“Kyuhyun?” Sunny said, looking at him then at Sooyoung.

 

Sooyoung stared at him, she was beginning to get nervous. What was she supposed to tell Kyuhyun? That she likes him?

 

‘No, I’m not going to tell him ever! He’s my best friend. And that’s just the way it is.’ She thought.

 

“Nothing’s wrong Kyu.” She laughs, “And quit with the worried look, it doesn’t suit you.” She giggles.

 

“Stop with the pretending Choi Sooyoung. I know when you have a problem or not. Tell me.” Kyuhyun said, sternly looking at her.

 

Sooyoung in turn glared at him. She was frustrated with that attitude of her best friend, he could really see right through her. She didn’t answer him.

 

“Soo.” Kyuhyun said, using a tone that Sooyoung knows that she should answer him.

 

Sooyoung still didn’t answer.

 

“Choi Sooyoung!” Kyuhyun shouts at her.

 

Sooyoung was about to shout back when the stylists came to fetch the two ladies.

 

“Wait!” Kyuhyun said, catching up with them, but the stylist were shoving him, saying that they had to get ready.

 

“Aish!” Kyuhyun said in frustration.

&&

Sooyoung felt a sigh of relief when the stylists were fetching them. ‘Saved by the stylists.’ She thought.

Sunny looks at Sooyoung, and she sees her quite restless. 

“Soo, why don’t you tell Kyuhyun what you really feel?” Sunny asks her, while two stylists help her put on the dress.

Sooyoung looks at her wide eyed. There was no way that she would confess to him. “No way! I won’t! Not ever!” she said, as she too was being helped in another dress.

“Why not?” Sunny asks.

“Because! We’re best friends.” She said.

“So?”

Sooyoung looks at her, “Sunny, best friends,” she stops when the dress was zipped up, “Oh, I think its too tight.” She said, looking at the stylist.

Sunny giggled, “Omo! You’re gaining weight again, shikshin.”

Sooyoung glared at her, “Anyway, as I was saying. Best friends, aren’t supposed to fall in love with each other.”

“What? Well, so what about Minnie and me then huh??” she looked at Sooyoung with disbelief.

“Well…” Sooyoung looks away. She didn’t know the answer to that question. She regretted what she said earlier.

“I’m sorry Sunny.” She looks at her with a sorry expression.

“Well, it’s okay.” She smiled at her.

The stylists worked at the two and after a few minutes, they were ready for another shoot. Neither one mentioned about Sooyoung confessing to Kyuhyun.

&&

Sooyoung and Sunny were lead to where they took the photo shoot earlier. Then Sunny notices something. 

“Soo, you forgot your boquet.” Sunny pointed to Sooyoung.

“Oh, you’re right.” She looks around, but the stylists were no where to be seen, “I’ll be right back.” She said, then turns to the direction of the changing room.

“Okay.” She said.

She was about to enter the room, when suddenly, someone tall bursts out of the room and follows where Sooyoung is.

“Good luck Sooyounggie.” She smiled and proceeded inside the room.

&&

Sooyoung enters the room of the changing room. She looks for the boquet and sees it on the ground near the door.

She was about to get it when someone beats her to it.

“Tsk, still clumsy, Soo.” Kyuhyun said.

“Kyu, still like being a stalker?” she laughs at him. “Give me that, I’m going now.” She approached him to get the flowers but Kyuhyun didn’t let her.

He leans in and whispers in her ear. “Like to tell me what’s bothering you Soo?” 

Sooyoung blushed. She pulled away and turns her back to Kyuhyun. “Nothing…”

“Nothing? Then look at me.” He said.

“No, I’m still adjusting the dress.” She said, not moving.

Kyuhyun sighed and approached Sooyoung, and hugs her.

“Soo, please. Just tell me.”

Sooyoung pushes him away. “Why Kyu? I just said that nothing’s wrong. Leave me alone.” She said, turned away from him. “Just go talk to Seohyun or something.” She muttered.

Unfortunately, Kyuhyun heard it. 

“Seohyun?” he asks.

Sooyoung claps ; did she say that out loud?

“What’s this got to do with Seohyun?” he asks, turning to face her, “Are you jealous?”

“What? No! I’m just upset for you not t-telling me that you already had a girlfriend!” she said, her voice slightly trembling.

Kyuhyun smiled. He knew she was just making an excuse, she was indeed jealous. It was the first time for him to see her jealous like this.

“Soo, you’re lying.” He said, smirking at her.

Sooyoung sighed, ‘To hell with it!’

“Fine! You want to know what’s bothering me? Well, first things first,” she hesitates. Kyuhyun smirks at her, she scowled at him and decided to continue, “I had a dream you marrying another girl and I don’t know why I’m so overly frustrated by it. Second, you were talking to that Seohyun girl, who, by the way, is your ex-girlfriend! I don’t even know why I cried earlier. I just feel so hurt. And third! All this time, I…” she trailed off, she was crying. 

Kyuhyun was surprised at Sooyoung, but at the same time happy. All that she said just proved that she likes him.

“I’m sorry Soo.” Kyuhyun hugged her.

“Don’t be.” She said, letting him hug her. She felt a little relieved for letting it all out. 

“Did you know that you just made me happy with what you just said?” Kyuhyun said.

Sooyoung pulls away and looks at Kyuhyun. “How?”

Kyuhyun didn’t answer her; instead he leans in and kisses Sooyoung full on the lips.

Sooyoung was surprised at the gesture. But after a while she finds herself responding to him. She kissed back. The kiss was intense; all their longing for each other was there.

They parted when oxygen was necessary.

“It… just means you also like me…” he panted, and smiles at her.

“Also?” she looks at him, blushing.

“Yes. Gosh, God knows how much I like you.” He said, “You’re just too damn dense.” He laughs.

“Oh! I’m sorry for being dense!” she said, pouting at him.

Kyuhyun laughs at her, “Oh, did I already tell you that you look so overly gorgeous in that dress? Although I like the first dress more.”

“Tease.” Sooyoung blushes.

Kyuhyun laughs and leans in again for another kiss.

It was the same scene as Sooyoung’s dream. Only, they weren’t in a church. And Sooyoung suddenly remembers the girl in her dream.

‘So, it's me.’ She thought happily.